Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (7 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (7 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (7 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#283 7 years ago

This game looks absolutely killer, but then again, I have a whole row of early 80s pins, so I like single-level games more than the average modern collector.

I understand people saying that the way this machine was built and functions, it would be nearly as expensive as other more robust layouts. The problem is most current day people won't see the value in that, justified or not. You're seeing that debate in this thread alone.

As a one-off homebrew, who cares. I spend too much on things for myself all the time. However, that wouldn't fly in any production attempt. My question is, are there compromises to the design decisions that would cut costs and make a close facsimile of the game experience be production viable at a price point people would be more open to?

Things like having an LCD and alpha-numeric displays is cool for the retro vibe, but totally unnecessary. The lightshow is awesome without a doubt, but that seems to be a place where a ton of the budget is going. Could that be accomplished more economically somehow without totally losing the spirit of what's been done? I just wonder if some less impactful aspects could be costed out to make the game as a whole available.

1 week later
#423 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

You all need to stop making suggestions, especially any that would increase cost. Clearly this game is doing just fine as is. It won 1st place at MGC, and as far as I know is the first homebrew game to go into production (I don't count WOOLY because that was less than 10 built in a home by the buyers). Between Scott's skills and Charlie's ability to take a one-off (AMH) and make it optimized for building multiples this thing is going to be a hit at the best price it can be.

No Shit!

Some "no-name guy" (no offense Scott) makes a homebrew machine with NO ART and Sharpie markings on the inserts and it wins BEST GAME at a pinball show. How many millions of dollars went into games like Batman and Dialed In, yet a half-baked whitewood beat them all. It seems to me Scott knows what he's doing and doesn't need the peanut gallery meddling in his design.

Yet, half the people in here apparently think they can do it better. Unbelievable. Best in show isn't good enough I guess. Geez.

Add drop targets, add a shaker, change the music... Just stop! Let the dude execute his vision, then buy it or don't.

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pin sales boil down to one thing - Will a 50 year-old man buy it?
It's the reason extremely well done custom games like Buffy get largely ignored while a POS brick-fest like Predator steals half a million.

A large group of people lost their asses sinking money into a game centered around YOUR likeness. What does that say about your appeal to that demo? Old guys are hot for Ben? Hmmm...

#537 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The pinside price bitching thread once the retail price for this game gets announced is going to be legendary.

Wow, this couldn't be truer. So many people think "it's a single-level game so it should be cheap" and others want to cut $100 parts for a $1000 discount. When this comes in at or above current Spooky pricing (just guessing) the bitching will be EPIC.

I loved what I saw and played, so I want it to be what Scott envisions, but I fear the game won't actually sell terribly well at whatever price point that comes in at. I'll buy one and I hope I'm wrong about the masses.

2 weeks later
#735 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

For those who have played it, does it seem like it has legs or would it be more likely fun to play occasionally but not like a game you're going to keep for long time?
I don't have any simple rule pins like Space Station so I don't know how I feel about TA.
I'm not saying TA is Space Station just that the rules seem more basic.
Is this initial euphoria for TA or do you think it's the real deal?

A game you play occasionally and a game you won't keep for a long time are not necessarily the same thing. It is not super deep and doesn't have very diverse gameplay. That's not a bad thing, it's just different than "modern" games and not like anything in your collection. Newer / current games often have a diverse enough ruleset to make how you play it different depending on what you want to accomplish or how your game is going. Older 80s games may require strategy to score well, but they're a bit more rinse-and-repeat.

I'm a huge 80s game fan, I have 10 games from the early 80s. TNA has more complex rules (strategy) than my old Ballys, but it's still kinda step 1, 2, 3 to score the best. It's great fun and I want one badly, but if you're used to games with more diverse objectives and more "things" to shoot at, TNA might not survive long term for you. To me, it would be a GREAT addition to a decent size or larger collection. It may not be as satisfying in smaller collections, although it definitely has the challenge that creates that ONE MORE GAME draw.

Quoted from aobrien5:

How do you feel about BSD? Simple rules, one basic goal, difficult to achieve, rewarding when you do.
TNA has the same feel to me. Simple rules, one (well, 9) basic goal, increasingly difficult to achieve, rewarding when you do.
Both of them make you want to play "one more game."

This is a great example and a more succinct way of saying everything I said above.

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't know BSD that well but there are other goals than castle MB (I assume).
I'm curious if TA rules are: start reactor and destroy the reactor (do that 9 times), would that be the same as if IM was the only (or main) rules are: raise Iron Monger and destroy Iron Monger (do that 9 times)?

My impression is that's the main objective, thus my earlier rinse and repeat comment. Now, easier said than done, but I think that's the general thing. Much tougher and more variety of shots than the IM example. Isn't Iron Monger raised by shooting the orbits (I don't have IM)? TNA uses the entire playfield as parts of the start/maximize your score while destroying the reactor, so that comparison isn't really fair.

Like a lot of early 80s stuff, it's all about the layout and how fun/challenging the objective is, since in reality there isn't a ton of variety in objectives. In the time I've spent, this game was a F'n blast and for people that can embrace the narrower focus, it seems like a home run.

#756 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Game I'd compare it to is Flash Gordon. That's a big compliment too as far as I'm concerned. TNA is probably the only game I'd sell my Flash Gordon for now that I've downsized my pin space and only keep 5 running.
Fuck Iron Man, it's nothing like it. Just because that's a basic ass Stern doesn't really make it compare in any way. So don't get hung up on that, there's nothing to it.

I wish I had given Flash Gordon more of a chance. I love me some early Ballys, but I never got into Flash Gordon. Probably cause I didn't know what I was doing and it's definitely not forgiving. So many revere the game that I'll have to read more about it in case I run into one down the line.

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

No need to throw iron man under the bus

Whether you like IM or not, it is absolutely NOTHING like TNA.

1 week later
#829 6 years ago

This game has an element of rinse and repeat, same as early 80s stuff. Plain and simple. If that's not for you, fine. I really LOVE early 80s stuff, but what Scott's doing even better than most of the classics his game is inspired by is the randomization of objective shots, and even more so the risk / reward. I cannot wait to throw money at this game!

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Is that.....Lexy Lightspeed? Maybe Total Annihilation is in the same universe, they both use the P-Roc after all

That's what I wish Lexy looked like.

#904 6 years ago

I hope they don't reveal any more until the game is done. I'm super pumped about this game, but I don't want to endure the Pinside group-think over every detail along the way. They've shown enough to tease it and people can determine if it's their vibe or not. Now they should go away, make the game (quickly), and come back with a full reveal. Then people can like it or not, and buy it or not, as a complete package.

4 weeks later
#1204 6 years ago

TnA is at the top of my "to buy" list, but I don't honestly feel it will be a significant commercial success. I'll definitely buy at typical Spooky price range, but not sure what my top end might be. For others, especially those that expect $5K, there is disappointment coming. The less people know, the easier it is for them to uncommittedly say they're in. The game is AWESOME, no doubt. But once price reality hits, I think many will be out. There was also the deal with the art. I was fine with the art direction, but so many people filled their heads with what they wanted and bitched when they saw the art. I think a lot more will drop out when the vision doesn't match their vision. And in the end, this game will face the same challenges that all non-licensed games face. I think Spooky may sell a couple hundred, but even that may be optimistic. As much as people talk, they just don't buy non-licensed games in bulk. The evidence repeats itself over and over again.

#1214 6 years ago

Whether anyone likes the art direction or not, I still don't understand why it's being likened to anime!

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Does there have to be a reason other than one of 'em liking it that way?
We need more pinballs reaching out to widr audiences imho, the first "animeish" backglass is a beginning.
(And it really is not really anime despite the vast amount of hair that girl has. )

Yeah, you didn't understand my point. I was saying this is not anime and I don't get why it keeps getting described that way.

I'm personally not into anime at all and I don't follow it what-so-ever, but I at least know what it looks like. A purple-haired woman doesn't mean it's anime (or frankly even anime-ish). The art styles have very little in common.

#1243 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Im so intrigued by this pin......i dont know why, but this pin reminds me of the cover "Flashback"......the old Sega Genesis game

I forgot about that game. I don't think I ever finished it back in the day. I'm pretty sure I have it on my MAME machine, I should bust back into that one of these days.

#1250 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

So glad the SFGE crowd enjoyed the game! I've had the pleasure of watching this game get built from the ground up when Scott started on it early last year. To think that he's done the music, sounds, code, cad and assembly is quite a feat for any seasoned designer. To think that this is his first design out the gate is simply amazing, and I can't see what else he has in store. It reminds me of the Brian Eddy story where he just comes out of the programming world into game design and starts just crushing numbers for the current time.

I can't wait to get in on TnA, and I'm super stoked that Scott said he's going to design a P3 game in the future!

4 weeks later
#1403 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

There probably will be. On RZ there is a convenient port that provides 5V and 12V power for any mods you can think of. You can add this expander to provide more outputs:
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4385

That's the Ben Heck ("never heard of the asshole") board though. TnA uses P-ROC. Doesn't mean it won't allow for some extra power sources, but it won't be the same.

#1422 6 years ago

I'll be honest, I got in at the back end of the original list for a couple reasons: I love Rob Zombie and I figured even if the game turned out to not be for me, I could likely flip it for more than I bought it for. As I waited for them to work through the list, I watched as TONS of people flipped the game and by the time it got to me, you could buy one off someone (new or used) for considerably less than the pre-order price. I inquired about getting out since I wasn't totally sold on the game, and I could save $500-$1000 by buying someone else's. In the end, I didn't want to stick it to Spooky, so I kept it. Come to find out, it's actually one of my current favs in the collection. I'll be selling a few games to fund some upcoming stuff and RZ is not remotely on the possible sell list, so everything worked out in the end.

I'm glad Spooky is moving to a non-limited, non-refundable deposit model going forward. I hate all the FOMO hysteria when a new game comes out.

Release it.
Let us see it.
Let us make a decision.
Build one for whomever wants one.

If that's was how all of this stuff was done, we'd all have a ton less pinball drama in our lives.

2 weeks later
#1667 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I realize Im asking perhaps for "just me", but anyone think, especially over time, that an "audio in" method.....my choice of music....wouldnt hurt?

Art, I love you in a way only a man can love another man, but this is blasphemy! Maybe this would be OK on a game with crap music (like AC/DC or some other turd music band game) but the Danesi rhythms are a HUGE part of what makes this game so kickin. My wife wants this game SPECIFICALLY for Scott's dope tunes.

#1853 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Wonder what Scott has in store for game 2

Scott's Game 2 better be on the P3!

#1897 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Fair enough, when comparing to Stern. But what if JJP had built it, and build quality wasn't going to be an issue? everything in the original BOM was kept, and then some, without cutting corners?
I believe the original question was posed from this standpoint. Say an existing manufacturer revealed a new non-themed game dolled up in purple and pink; designed by an unestablished first time designer featuring a simple one level layout, a mostly single rinse/repeat objective, no modes, no ramps, no toys, but they told you its got a great light show and driving soundtrack. It was going to list for $6K. They justify this machine as their attempt to return to the 80's simplicity of rules and layout with retro art.
If TNA was an in-house design by JJP would people still view this machine as something special or ask themselves 'what exactly are they trying to sell me here'?
it's understandable A LOT of support in this thread comes from the homebrew/pinside community as well as personal friends of Scott. This element would not have existed if an identical game had been presented cold from an established company. Without it, I suspect opinions might be less enthusiastic.
given what has taken place in the last five or so years, everyone knows the barriers to entry in the pinball industry are HUGE. Not just from a manufacturing standpoint, but as a playfield designer, a code programmer, or an artist, the opportunities are few and far between when only a handful of new titles get produced each year. Scott is blessed to have his game reach critical mass.

While I agree with aspects of this in the sense that it's "cool" to support Spooky, and equally "cool" to bash Stern, et al - that is not mutually exclusive from the quality of the game.

The bottom line is that the attendees at shows are far broader than Pinside, and how many times has TnA won best in show? That can be bolstered by "Scott's friends" or Spooky groupies, but moreover it is because general pinball show attendees, who are not caught up in the pinball manufacturer soap opera, think the game rules!

THEY'RE RIGHT!

#2023 6 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

aurich ,I clearly remember Scott saying elements of TNA are open for the modders. So fwiw maybe to help potential buyers be more prone to buy, you could do something for in between the flippers that would make people happy. Much like you did for ac/dc pro. This is a honest idea that I think you could help with. So just consider it ,to help sell as many machines as possible.
-Mike

To help sell as many games as possible? Are you serious?!?

I happen to agree with the people that don't care for the 3rd instance of the logo between the flippers, and would prefer something that tied in the backglass scene more. But is there seriously even one person that wants to buy this game, but won't because that logo is there? It won't deter me for a single second. If that logo space is the cause for anyone not buying the game, then frankly they're pretty dense, and it's definitely their loss.

#2089 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

I decided that I valued the $3k I would save from getting TNA over Dialed In higher than I did the experience of Dialed In. I have played DI and really, really liked it but $3k is a huge chunk towards the next game. I haven't played TNA yet but for me, I'm betting DI won't be $3,000 dollars more fun.

If Dialed In and TnA were the same price, I still wouldn't have to think hard about which I'd rather own.

#2274 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Excellent point on the shaker. Like the idea of the knocker and I'm a sucker for shakers.
Now to decide who to order from. Spooky told me it doesn't matter who I order from. I'm not a current customer for anyone involved. I was told all pins are shipping directly from Spooky so shipping costs will be the same regardless.
Any thoughts on which to order from? (I'm supposedly in on the early batch if I pull the trigger)

I have bought a game from KingPin before, as well as from Spooky directly. Both are great. They're both so humble, that they each encouraged me to buy from the other one. Great peeps either way.

#2639 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If you roll the score it should start displaying in hexadecimal.

I really hate it when people come up with cool ideas that I'll never actually get to see in real life.

#2833 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Warning, technical crap incoming... The LEDs are directly driven from the Multimorphic PD-LED boards on the bottom of the playfield, not serially. These LEDs are common anode, meaning that the positive side of the LED channels (RGB colors) is common. Each color within the LED is directly driven from a ground signal from the PD-LED. Each channel is limited to 20ma of current, therefore eliminating the need for any kind of current limiting resistor on the LED assembly itself. You will not be able to pull any more current than 20ma per channel, so hooking up another LED directly in parallel with the existing LEDs most likely will not work.
The modding community will probably get creative with some sort of isolation device to combat this. Unfortunately, I do not have time to work on said device.
Hope that helps. That is the easiest way I know to explain what is going on.
--Scott

1ulhry (resized).jpg1ulhry (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3078 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Underside of the play field for those who aren't on Facebook. It's so beautiful.

Let's hope I never need to do a playfield swap!

1 week later
#3166 6 years ago

I saw BNL this summer in concert and they spent a few minutes riffing about pinball and busting out quotes from Scared Stiff. I felt like my wife and I were the only ones in the audience that got the jokes.

#3169 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Hate to break it to you, but those feelings didn't lie. You probably were the only ones that got the jokes

Quoted from justanottergirl:

Nope! My friend and I were there, and we got them too. I'm assuming Greg Freres did too, since his presence is what prompted the jokes!

Yeah, my point was just that it was a little weird that they spent that much time on what was the equivalent to an inside joke. I thought it was cool and funny, just surprised they spent stage time with it. Now, the jokes about WEIRD Trip Adviser reviews of local joints, that made more sense. EAT. RAT.

#3288 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Anyone go with the shaker and knocker options? Have you had them sent over to Spooky yet? If so I better get on it.

Based on my experience installing these in RZ, I ordered the parts and decided I'd just install them myself. I appreciate the option for Spooky to install, but the install was so easy I decided not to bother sending to them.

#3369 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Closest (comparison) to me was Predator.

Wow! No offense, but in pretty much every way conceivable, this is about the FURTHEST comparison you could make.

#3373 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not really the FUTRHEST by any menas lol, if you read my post, new designer (check), home brew (check), decent price (check), presented on Pinside via gameplay video (check).
I did specify that TNA is way more in that it has production (Spooky) and is shipping now. But on first announcement of TNA it was simply a playable white wood pin without any production or distribution set up.
You may be thinking of TNA toady, I am specifying saying TNA 6.5 months ago when the first DF video was shown.

Predator was a turd of a game, created by a scammer who lied to people and stole their money, as an illegally licensed theme, that never got produced.

Scott is apparently a genius pinball designer, Charlie is as trustworthy as they come, they built an unlicensed theme game, that went from whitewood to production quicker than any game I've heard of, and nobody has been scammed.

Yep, those sound the same.

Not trying to be a dick, but you pick the second most notorious game in pinball history (I'm counting Jpop's triad fiasco as a single number one) and compare it to possibly the best feel-good pinball machine development story ever. They're absolutely universes apart.

#3520 6 years ago

I'm 100% in on this game because I love this style, I have 8-10 early 80s Ballys. But being honest, this style won't be for everyone. So, for those of you on the fence about the game, wait and buy a used one. While I've played it and it is right up my alley, this is different than anything produced in I don't even know how long. I can guaranty that there will be a bunch of people caught up in the hype that don't end up liking this style game. And given that the development is open and ongoing, the resale value won't be great when you can readily get on the list for a NIB game.

2 months later
#4033 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

What number are they up to

I'm #40 and KT told me my build sheet is on the line.

#4037 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Awesome that KT is reaching out to folks to let them know their game is ready to be built. Do you get one last chance to let them know the options you want before they start building?

To be clear, I had some parts sent to include in my build. I was checking to make sure they received them and checked status at the same time.

2 weeks later
#4181 6 years ago

I've always felt like 5 balls is cheating, but increasing extra balls and narrowing outlanes not as much. Totally a semantic thing, I get it. At least extra balls have to be earned to some degree, so they aren't *total* freebies. And to me narrowing the outlanes is a better option than increasing number of balls. I think people have more fun and less frustration on a 3 ball game that lasts as long as a 5 ball game due to fewer drains.

1 week later
#4217 6 years ago

TNA #40 scheduled to drop tomorrow. Woot!

1 week later
#4332 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've never owned a game where setting it up the way I want it to play was so important. Playfield angle and coil strengths are so important. Initially set up, mine played too fast for my taste. It almost wasn't fun.

I reduced the lower sling and flipper coil strengths and set the playfield incline at about 6 degrees and I now love it. I have two buddies who also own the game and one of them has his set more difficult then mine and the other easier.

My point is, it may take some time but you can make the game as hard or easy as you want.

Oh, and Scott Denesi is awesome!!

Could you share your settings? I get airballs on ours all over the place. I know my pitch is at 7 degrees (which most of my games are). I'm interested to try lowering this. I'm curious what you set the coil strength to.

Separate issue, I'm having problems with the auto-launcher not sending the ball around the arch all the time. Probably 1-3 times per game, the ball ends up rattling around after the auto-launch and not coming into the orbit clean. Sometimes it just rattles around but doesn't change trajectory too much. Often it rattles around enough that it doesn't have the strength to make it around the upper arch. Once it even shot up and over the lane and hit the center grid targets off the auto-launch. Has anyone else seen any of this?

#4344 6 years ago
Quoted from RefugeNate:

I am having the exact problem. I think I spent an hour or so trying to fix this very issue and I had no luck. I tried setting my auto launch to the lowest setting, still rattled around. I set it at a higher setting, same thing. Adjusted the plunger to be centered on the ball, made sure all screws were tight, took slow motion video of auto launcher to see if I could notice anything. Nothing worked. The only thing I could see is that the metal ramp leading into the orbit looks like it is at a slight angle and makes the ball lean to the right and hit the shooter lane wall. Then it bounces back to the left and rattles on up. Sometimes making it all the way around, sometimes going into the core playfield, but sometimes it will rattle back down to shooter lane again. Super frustrating. Watching other streams of the game I didn’t see it do that. Hoping for some direction.

I'm going to try adjusting/centering the kicker first, since that seems easy. My assumption though is that it's the metal ramp. I'm guessing it's off just enough to get the ball to skip. Maybe it's a combination of the kicker and the ramp (which might explain the inconsistency) to where fixing the kicker minimizes the ramp issue. We'll see. I'll have to go the tech route too if it's not the kicker.

1 week later
#4449 6 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I really hope Alice is a hit after the beating that Rob Zombie has taken from pinside. Would still like to play a Zombie despite the shelling.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

RZ is a great game with a lot going for it. Not a good fit for the everyone gets a trophy type.

Art, music, call outs, and build quality are all top notch. Game play is tough and non-conventional.

I have almost 30 games, and RZ is one of my favs! Not entirely sure why it gets bagged so hard here, but it is FAR better than the general Pinside consensus.

1 week later
#4617 6 years ago

Can you change the replay award to extra ball? I typically do this with all our home games, but I didn't see that option here.

Even without it, I was only 60K from unseating Lionman as Grand Champion this morning. My personal best game...

#4620 6 years ago

Just a shout-out to anyone buying TNA - the lighted side rails are DOPE AF. They totally look stock, and unless the game is completely sardined in the middle of a row, these are well worth the price! Definitely my favorite "exterior" mod.

#4623 6 years ago

Aren't the "destroy reactor" inserts supposed to be white? Just today mine aren't white any more, they're pink. I overheated a reactor and couldn't figure out what to shoot because there weren't any white inserts. Turns out I was supposed to hit a pink RAD target. Pretty much all reactors now have pink lights to tell me what to destroy, which didn't happen before today. Anyone else seen this happen?

#4649 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Normal, clearcoated cabs have no appeal to me. Only thing I upgraded to was the plastic protectors.

Agreed on the cab, but the shaker is VERY WELL integrated.

1 month later
#5149 6 years ago

pimpin aint easy (resized).jpgpimpin aint easy (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5282 6 years ago

Love the new co-op and team vs options. BUT, I would also like to see the 2-3 vs 1 option as well. Lots of examples (families, friends that suck, etc) where having a handicap match where two or three lesser players try to beat a more skilled player would be fun. As someone earlier joked, 3 vs Bowen. The game has already crossed the aggregate score barrier, I would think adding variations of who's score adds to which total would be a lesser feat.

#5285 6 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

I get the co-op and team mode. It's pretty neat to have that option. Now guys are asking for 2vs1 or 3vs1 or is there an option to turn the bass down because the locals are butthurt about the noise? When does it stop? I'm not trying to be negative but can't you just hit start and play the game how it was intended? I could see if everyone had defeated all 9 reactors already and it was common to do so each time you played. Then people begging for different modes would have some ground to stand on. Great game Scott, and whatever the hell you decide to put in the game is fine by me! After all....you designed the damn thing

I'm fine if none of the new options get added. I have TNA already, and I love it. But now that the door's been opened for other multiplayer options, I'm eager to enjoy it with other people. Most of the people I play with suck! The co-op will help with that. It would be cool if there were ways to draw in the other players in competitive modes without me purposely draining balls to not blow away their scores. I don't have to beat reactor 9 (which I'm not close to doing) to wish I had more ways / people to enjoy the game with.

It goes without saying that it's Scott prerogative what, if anything, to add. Scott's started the ball rolling by introducing the feature, so it's natural for people to give input as to how they might utilize a version of the feature. Don't act like this is remotely similar to the people who were begging for different graphics back at the reveal of the production game.

#5406 6 years ago

I have a TNA in-hand with everything on it (shaker, knocker, plastic protectors, mirror blades, target decals, and lighted side rails) that I would consider selling to an eager buyer. I'll either take your place in line or jump back in at the back.

3 weeks later
#5749 6 years ago

Is calling KT the only way to get the speaker kit? I already have my game and would prefer to order online and not bother them, but I couldn't find it listed at either Spooky or Pinball Life.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production?tu=cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.