Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 145.
#3951 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I heard that, ASSHOLE!!!!

must have gotten the new fangled hearing aid figured out

#3952 6 years ago

NIB newb here. Anyone know of a distributor in New England? Or should I just give my 1K to Spooky?

#3953 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

NIB newb here. Anyone know of a distributor in New England? Or should I just give my 1K to Spooky?

Yes lol. you'll pay the same price no matter who you go with. If it's local, you'll pay state sales tax.

#3954 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yes lol. you'll pay the same price no matter who you go with. If it's local, you'll pay state sales tax.

Ok thanks.

#3955 6 years ago

Game # 24 just landed!

#3956 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Cant wait for #119

That's a busy looking facility. Guess the new place got 'small' much quicker than they expected.

That can only be good news.

#3957 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Technically pinballstar is your closest distributor (he is in pa). Like others have said, it's the same price not matter where you get it. You will get the same great game and the same great service no matter what.

#3958 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Technically pinballstar is your closest distributor (he is in pa). Like others have said, it's the same price not matter where you get it. You will get the same great game and the same great service no matter what.

Thanks. I went straight to spooky. Can’t wait to see what number I get!

5BBDB99A-EE67-45DB-8FFC-14A3DED4DD58 (resized).jpeg5BBDB99A-EE67-45DB-8FFC-14A3DED4DD58 (resized).jpeg

#3959 6 years ago

hearing aids (resized).jpghearing aids (resized).jpg

#3960 6 years ago

What number are we up to now?? 275??????

#3961 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

What number are we up to now?? 275??????

I think they were just shy of 300.

#3962 6 years ago

Looks like it's going to be their best selling game to date.

#3963 6 years ago

136 here... waiting

#3964 6 years ago

Hey Dudes, my TNA will be finished next week and will be the first one in Good ol‘ Germany...afaik. My friend has to wait another 2 months or so to get his tna and as it would be cool to do a combined shipping to save some costs: anybody with production Slot now willing to change his spot and wait for just a few Weeks longer? That would be frickin‘ cool )

#3965 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Hey Dudes, my TNA will be finished next week and will be the first one in Good ol‘ Germany...afaik. My friend has to wait another 2 months or so to get his tna and as it would be cool to do a combined shipping to save some costs: anybody with production Slot now willing to change his spot and wait for just a few Weeks longer? That would be frickin‘ cool )

will you really save any money?

#3966 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Looks like it's going to be their best selling game to date.

I would be very surprised if it doesn't sell more than all their games produced to date (contract and house).

#3967 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Or you could swap yours for a later spot and combine...just sayin'

#3968 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

will you really save any money?

Indeed. I doubt it. It's not like you're putting it in a large box or crate with empty space, that 2 will fill.

Both air freight and container (ocean) freight concern volume and little else. Until you get to the point of a half or full container load, you'll be lucky to get more than a 5% discount with your agent for booking more than 1 pallet.

If you want an early spot, then place a wanted ad and I'm sure people will be open to reasonable offers.

#3969 6 years ago

I had to push my TNA back some from number 90 to 124 so that i had more time due to my job/$$ issues. So big thanks to Joe at pinball star and spooky for doing that. Hope everyone has a happy safe Thanksgiving.

#3970 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Challenge accepted! I hope to have mine here before christmas.

#3971 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I would be very surprised if it doesn't sell more than all their games produced to date (contract and house).

That would be what 550-650ish? I put my bet on 500 pre-production. I'm now thinking 350-400, but hopefully as more people play it there will be another push.

#3972 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That would be what 550-650ish? I o
put my bet on 500 pre-production. I'm now thinking 350-400, but hopefully as more people play it there will be another push.

You getting one? You should! Can tell you really like it a bunch!

#3973 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

That would be what 550-650ish? I put my bet on 500 pre-production. I'm now thinking 350-400, but hopefully as more people play it there will be another push.

There's no fixed cap on them, and I think sell through will be good. Particularly if, as rumoured, they make them compliant to international standards and start exporting officially.

#3974 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

I highly doubt that you will find anyone wanting to trade down for free. Ive got a machine that will be ready next week to, I'm fine with waiting, but i would want it to be worth my while. I was offered 500 for my spot, but that's just not exciting enough. Now for 1k over cost, id give it up. The one i have available next week has the operator coin door and protectors on it

#3975 6 years ago

how many will they build ?
is there a production limit like on Areosmith?

#3976 6 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

how many will they build ?
is there a production limit like on Areosmith?

No limit, as it dies down a final call will will be posted

#3977 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Both air freight and container (ocean) freight concern volume and little else. Until you get to the point of a half or full container load, you'll be lucky to get more than a 5% discount with your agent for booking more than 1 pallet

Wrong.

The more you ship, the cheaper per unit it is.

For example, my rates to NZ are $195 USD first cube and $95 per cube thereafter.

Also, every shipment attracts port services charges, and a multitude of government charges like Agriculture, fumigation etc. These are PER EACH ENTRY. The more units you ship on each entry, you divide the cost of all these fees across the number of units. So 2x Pins = 1/2 fees per pin. 6 pins = 1/6th fees each pin.

The guy would be best to either:
1/ ask Charlie to hold the pin and ship them both together
2/ let this one go, swap it with someone closer to his buddies one.

rd

#3978 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wrong.
For example, my rates to NZ are $195 USD first cube and $95 per cube thereafter.
Also, every shipment attracts port services charges, and a multitude of government charges like Agriculture, fumigation etc. These are PER EACH ENTRY. The more units you ship on each entry, you divide the cost of all these fees across the number of units. So 2x Pins = 1/2 fees per pin. 6 pins = 1/6th fees each pin.
rd

Yeah, bit why would Pinside listen to someone who has done it over and over? Stop making sense.

#3979 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Yeah, bit why would Pinside listen to someone who has done it over and over? Stop making sense.

Yeah ya crazy Aussie, stop spewing facts and go throw another shrimp on the barbie

QSS

PS: New Zealand and Australia are the same, right?

#3980 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Yeah ya crazy Aussie, stop spewing facts and go throw another shrimp on the barbie
QSS
PS: New Zealand and Australia are the same, right?

That's like saying the US and Canada are the same LOL

#3981 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wrong.
rd

This is highly likely to be a one-off shipment via agent(s). As I understand it, you regularly import to NZ, and not just pinball. Your negotiated rates are going to be far cheaper and far more incentivised re: volume than the ones here.

Also, rarely do port fees scale in completely linear fashion as you describe above, in my experience, when you're talking about LCL singular pallets. At least, not through an agent.

The vast bulk of the fees are likely to be inland shipping, anyway, and it's unlikely there will be any discount at all for 2 vs 1 pallets. But maybe he found an agent with a depot right down the road from Spooky (unlikely), and they'll drop off for him, and that's moot. In which case, division of port and bureaucratic fees would be a greater % saving.

Either way, any costs saved via this angle, would likely be dwarfed by what you'd likely have to pay someone to give up their spot for a later one - unless you're lucky enough to find someone with cash flow issues, for example, who wants a short delay.

#3982 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That's basically true depending on where you live.

#3983 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Either way, any costs saved via this angle, would likely be dwarfed by what you'd likely have to pay someone to give up their spot for a later one - unless you're lucky enough to find someone with cash flow issues, for example, who wants a short delay

Why pay? It would cost nothing for him to wait a bit longer for a slightly later machine if he wanted to save some bucks on shipping.

Patience is a virtue.

rd

#3984 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It would cost nothing for him to wait a bit longer for a slightly later machine.
Patience is a virtue.... however it’s not often seen in this hobby.
rd</

I wouldn‘t have a problem waiting but I am the one that jumped on his transport of 10+ machines (no TNA indeed). He cannot let all those machines wait for several weeks so it was my idea to check if somebody is willing to change spots. Nothing more and nothing less. Btw: Asking for 1000+ for a 6 week earlier pick up date is hilarious especially on a machine with an unlimited production run. Just my 2 cents.

#3985 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Btw: Asking for 1000+ for a 6 week earlier pick up date is hilarious especially on a machine with an unlimited production run. Just my 2 cents.

It seems “greed is good” in this hobby.

rd

2BABD285-3D60-47E2-A3C3-A04E995D5CC4 (resized).jpeg2BABD285-3D60-47E2-A3C3-A04E995D5CC4 (resized).jpeg

#3986 6 years ago

#189 here.

#3987 6 years ago

#159 here... but if anyone that's up now is in need of more time, I'm more than happy to switch places.

#3988 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

#159 here... but if anyone that's up now is in need of more time, I'm more than happy to switch places.

It's well worth the wait. Build quality is excellent and gameplay is super addictive.

#3989 6 years ago

been playing alot of smdm lately and kinda like the old school bally style game.
been thinking of getting a tna as its a modern version of early style pins, but i hear its best to play 2 players on this? is this correct?

#3990 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

been playing alot of smdm lately and kinda like the old school bally style game.
been thinking of getting a tna as its a modern version of early style pins, but i hear its best to play 2 players on this? is this correct?

1 player, 2 player, 4 player, it's all good. Strategies change slightly with the number of players, but as a single player, it's just as good.

#3991 6 years ago

Just played at AYCE Gogi. Machine is just in-your-face fun. Sounds are incredible. Light ahow is soectacular too.

Thanks to Doomid for having such a great collection of games on location.

#3992 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Yipee Ki Yay mutha f#cker!!

QSS

#3993 6 years ago

I played TNA for the first time today. Had it all to myself at Ayce Gogi for a couple hours when they opened up. Such a great game and I am #71.

There is only one thing that is a bummer with the game. The viewing angle of the display is horrible. It could be solved by having the display tilted back 10 or 15 degrees. It gets so washed out.. maybe an option for a higher quality display with a wider viewing angle? oh well. Minor gripe. The game is badass.

#3994 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

It's definitely fun to play 1 player. Probably as much as my other games. Its just an incredible multi player game. It's a blast with friends so people talk about it like that. Doesn't mean it's not a fun 1 player game though.

#3995 6 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I played TNA for the first time today. Had it all to myself at Ayce Gogi for a couple hours when they opened up. Such a great game and I am #71.
There is only one thing that is a bummer with the game. The viewing angle of the display is horrible. It could be solved by having the display tilted back 10 or 15 degrees. It gets so washed out.. maybe an option for a higher quality display with a wider viewing angle? oh well. Minor gripe. The game is badass.

Play on your knees!

#3996 6 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

Thank you for the kind words! As far as the display goes, the brightness and contrast can be adjusted to make it look much better. There are buttons on the back of the display that allow you to access the LCD menu.

I also recommend turning on a setting called Gamma, it makes a huge difference.

--Scott

#3997 6 years ago

TNA was just announced as the first game in the main tourney for INDISC in January. We will all get to see how the game gets played by the best players in a competitive environment. I'm really looking forward to that!

#3998 6 years ago

For those interested in seeing the game in a truly interactive set built for it, check out the walk-through video for Horrorhouse Fest 2017! We had a really awesome time, and we were super excited to give Colorado the debut of the game in a super fun hauntcade...

#3999 6 years ago

Was doing some cleaning in my basement and found this. Anyone know what game it is for?
0A1A7A6E-FFD0-4122-A291-CCFE8E9E0132 (resized).jpeg0A1A7A6E-FFD0-4122-A291-CCFE8E9E0132 (resized).jpeg

#4000 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Was doing some cleaning in my basement and found this. Anyone know what game it is for?

I would turn that into a white wood version

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.