Topic Stats

• 6,371 posts
  • 575 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by HOOKED
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 149 votes
    14%
  • No 209 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 185 votes
    17%
  • $5500-5750 308 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 89 votes
    8%
  • $6001-6250 61 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 17 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 33 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1095 votes by 902 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 719 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

giphy.gif
PS Logo (resized).jpg
draft day pinball (resized).jpg
basement pinball (resized).jpg
C59C5E79-EC9B-4FC5-8D27-972DC8367A1B (resized).jpeg
20180616_205100 (resized).jpg
20180616_190552 (resized).jpg
20180616_190414 (resized).jpg
20180616_185154 (resized).jpg
9C55426C-9E7D-4D53-8DE1-47370D31F482 (resized).jpeg
9B73D0B3-03ED-45A3-A186-51A61EB5CE47 (resized).jpeg
F4B5175A-3009-4893-9E3B-F082361EBA72 (resized).png
A308F83F-FDD7-4942-8AB1-14D98A575BED (resized).jpeg
1A4003CD-981D-4D0B-892F-A02C4E7B0198 (resized).jpeg
CD0EC2D1-CDE4-468F-9FB7-20A07AB3CBEA (resized).jpeg
622619FB-6ABF-4BD8-B218-8C8679C2B001 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (1 year ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (1 year ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (1 year ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (1 year ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (11 months ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (11 months ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (10 months ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (10 months ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (10 months ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (10 months ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (10 months ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (9 months ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (9 months ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (9 months ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (9 months ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (9 months ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (9 months ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (8 months ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 6387 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 128.
#1 1 year ago

If Spooky Pinball were to build this machine,would you be in on it. After watching the Youtube videos of it being played,I am really hoping we can show the interest needed for Spooky to work it out financially to be built at a price we can all afford. Hoping this poll helps.
-Mike

#2 1 year ago

My favorite pin at expo this year, Scott did an awesome job.. So to answer.... Hell yes.

#3 1 year ago

Yes. I love the sounds!

#4 1 year ago

If they can price it at, or under, a Stern pro, then I would seriously consider.

#5 1 year ago

Can you put some links to the videos you watched? It would be helpful to have it in the post.

#6 1 year ago

Can anyone do a sub 5k game besides stern??

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Can you put some links to the videos you watched? It would be helpful to have it in the post.

www.scottdanesi.com

#8 1 year ago

Looks awesome. Would definitely consider buying.

#9 1 year ago

I think Spooky could get 300 preorders pretty quickly. I'd be in on one fore sure. I've played it and it's a different experience and super fun.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

If they can price it at, or under, a Stern pro, then I would seriously consider.

That's where I'm at as well. If Spooky can simply meet the Pro price, I'm in. The deadflip stuff I saw was super impressive. Looks fun and fast.

#11 1 year ago

Here are some links:

in February of this year.

Dead Flip Streams (March 4th):

(Pt1)
(Pt2)

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Can anyone do a sub 5k game besides stern??

Nope.

You can get your BOM under 5k. But honestly factoring in programming, design and engineering work, as well credit card processing fees and other small costs that add up, a smaller run game priced under 6k game is a money losing venture.

Then when having your game manufactured by an outside company there is also the cost of having the game assembled and handled. Each game assembled could easily start at $700-$800 each. So add that in also.

Stern can do it because they have the infrastructure in place and can spread these costs across many titles and get it all running optimally. Spooky is doing it too, just doesn't have the economies of scale that Stern does. Yet.

Most importantly, in my opinion, is to make sure the game is priced in a way that makes the entire effort worth doing. The market always wants the lowest price possible, but if it is priced so low that the parties involved "break even" at best in the end, then there is little incentive to do it again.

While cool new game designs are the most exciting part for many, I find a solid business plan and responsible company making the games to be just as, if not more, exciting. But I am small biz guy outside of pinball, so my tastes may be skewed.

I love TA. Scott did a killer job. Definitely one of my favorite games played at Expo last year. The sound was so impressive. Crunch the numbers and figure out how to get this game into the hands of its biggest fans!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

Here are some links

Thank you for posting those,they are indeed the videos I watched.
-Mike

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

If Spooky Pinball were to build this machine,would you be in on it. After watching the Youtube videos of it being played,I am really hoping we can show the interest needed for Spooky to work it out financially to be built at a price we can all afford. Hoping this poll helps.
-Mike

With no ramps and toys, where's the $4695 option ? It looks fun for sure but let's be real on the pricing.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

With no ramps and toys, where's the $4695 option ? It looks fun for sure but let's be real on the pricing.

Charlie brought up a good point on the videos. He really wanted to know if people would buy a single level game. His point was this...if he makes a ramp on a game they cost him 50-100 each, but if he doesn't include a ramp people want to pay $1000 less for the game. He goes on to say that Total Annihilation under the playfield has a lot going on parts wise.

#16 1 year ago

I think it's a great title and could be a winner for a new route operator and as an affordable home collector option. So it needs to be priced right and count on the large number of sales to make profit while it keeps the line busy much longer. This small volume approach seems weird IMO.

Is that Jay really gonna be the model on the flyer?

#17 1 year ago

Looks very addictive.

Needs a great art package and someone cool doing the call outs.

Would be tempted if final version was as good as it potentially could be.

#18 1 year ago

I think they could sell a few hundred pretty easy. Maybe tough to break 1000. The game looks really fun.

#19 1 year ago

It looks fun and tough to me and I would be a buyer most likely. I would definitely pay 6k for this over The Jetsons even though that has a ramp and great artwork.

#20 1 year ago

I'd put preorder money down on TA at Stern Pro pricing if it's released by Spooky. Any other company and I'd hold my cash until they were shipping.

The game looks incredible and there isn't a company on the planet better at getting games out the door than Spooky. Definitely a team I'd support with my wallet.

#21 1 year ago

I love the retro feel of this game! Count me in. Do a run of 500 @ $6000 a piece. The art package will be important in getting people to pay the $6000. This would easily sell out.

#22 1 year ago

That is a cool looking game. Can't wait to see the art. The music makes you want to keep playing.

#23 1 year ago

limit it to 250 and I bet it sells for 7k easy.

I'm in

#24 1 year ago

7k I'll need a second job (but that means less time for pinball)

#25 1 year ago

Game looks so awesome! Did you get the license or are we gonna Kulek this thing? Will you have art and music from the game?

My favorite strategy was to invest all resources into being the first to have nukes... then bombs away!

#26 1 year ago

What is the grid of lights between the slings for?

I dig the game. I actually would like the artwork, or lack there of, just like it is.

#27 1 year ago

Game looks fantastic! Ramps and toys dont make a pinball good. A good ruleset and layout, good sound package and callouts, thats what makes a pinball fun, enjoyable, and lasting. I love an original theme, so not having to license is a huge cost saver. That upper playfield looks like it can be wild and the light show during multiball look great. I love the "question mark" light show pattern. Nail down a futuristic android art package and theme and you've got a winner.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is the grid of lights between the slings for?

Bonus. Oldschool style.

#29 1 year ago

I think the art will be 80's style trapper keeper. Scott is committed to the retro thing, damn fool purposely bought a fiero

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

limit it to 250 and I bet it sells for 7k easy.
I'm in

Why limit it?

#31 1 year ago

Watching the Dead Flip vid on Youtube gives a clear view of the layout and light show. Looks amazing! One pop bumper that cause such an awesome effect!

Beware the man in green...

#32 1 year ago

In case you have not noticed, the game looks expensive to make.

In order to generate sales, a good method is to limit production numbers. This allows you to increase the sales price as games then also have an immediate collectibility factor.

#33 1 year ago

I'm in, should it be produced

#34 1 year ago

This should be the backglass

IMG_1114 (resized).JPG

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Leascippi:

Just add bikini

#36 1 year ago

No reason to limit a game like this. Sell as many as people will buy within whatever period works for manufacturing.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from Leascippi:

Why? It has nothing to do with the game that happens to share the same name.

Think "1980's Apocalypse".

#38 1 year ago

This is an original game not related in any way shape or form to that computer game.

Quoted from Leascippi:

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why? It has nothing to do with the game that happens to share the same name.
Think "1980's Apocalypse".

Oh, so why does it use the name of a popular video game franchise? I guess it's fine if it never goes into production

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from Leascippi:

Oh, so why does it use the name of a popular video game franchise?

So popular no one has heard of it but you?

Also it's a common phrase. No trademark.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Are you sure?
http://www.trademarkia.com/total-annihilation-75132605.html

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Oh yeah, and this...
https://www.google.com/amp/www.4-traders.com/amp/news/Trademark-Application-for-TOTAL-ANNIHILATION-Filed-by-Atari--23935944/

#43 1 year ago

Well it's good that this is an "amusement device" and not a "computer game". I don't think there's any worries here.

#44 1 year ago

It's also good that it's a homebrew game and this thread is daydreaming.

#45 1 year ago

Well, AFM used the phrase in a pinball context back in 1995.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_from_Mars

#46 1 year ago

I'd buy less than $6k

#47 1 year ago

"Never say never"

And that is a quote.

#48 1 year ago

I'd like to start a pinside fight/argument:

Sell as a Kit?

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Sell as a Kit?

The cabinet, art and whatnot aren't the most expensive part, so a kit doesn't really save you much. Also it has a custom sized screen.

#50 1 year ago

The gameplay, sound and layout all looked great. I was curious though if the alpha/numeric displays were a necessity because there wasn't code for scoring on the lcd or if it was an intentional aesthetic choice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.95
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 18.99
$ 229.99
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Arcade Moi Ca
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 999.00
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 6387 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 128.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside