Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (7 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (6 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (6 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (6 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (6 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (6 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 145.
#1 7 years ago

If Spooky Pinball were to build this machine,would you be in on it. After watching the Youtube videos of it being played,I am really hoping we can show the interest needed for Spooky to work it out financially to be built at a price we can all afford. Hoping this poll helps.
-Mike

#2 7 years ago

My favorite pin at expo this year, Scott did an awesome job.. So to answer.... Hell yes.

#3 7 years ago

Yes. I love the sounds!

#4 7 years ago

If they can price it at, or under, a Stern pro, then I would seriously consider.

#5 7 years ago

Can you put some links to the videos you watched? It would be helpful to have it in the post.

#6 7 years ago

Can anyone do a sub 5k game besides stern??

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Can you put some links to the videos you watched? It would be helpful to have it in the post.

www.scottdanesi.com

#8 7 years ago

Looks awesome. Would definitely consider buying.

#9 7 years ago

I think Spooky could get 300 preorders pretty quickly. I'd be in on one fore sure. I've played it and it's a different experience and super fun.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

If they can price it at, or under, a Stern pro, then I would seriously consider.

That's where I'm at as well. If Spooky can simply meet the Pro price, I'm in. The deadflip stuff I saw was super impressive. Looks fun and fast.

#11 7 years ago

Here are some links:

in February of this year.

Dead Flip Streams (March 4th):

(Pt1)

(Pt2)

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Can anyone do a sub 5k game besides stern??

Nope.

You can get your BOM under 5k. But honestly factoring in programming, design and engineering work, as well credit card processing fees and other small costs that add up, a smaller run game priced under 6k game is a money losing venture.

Then when having your game manufactured by an outside company there is also the cost of having the game assembled and handled. Each game assembled could easily start at $700-$800 each. So add that in also.

Stern can do it because they have the infrastructure in place and can spread these costs across many titles and get it all running optimally. Spooky is doing it too, just doesn't have the economies of scale that Stern does. Yet.

Most importantly, in my opinion, is to make sure the game is priced in a way that makes the entire effort worth doing. The market always wants the lowest price possible, but if it is priced so low that the parties involved "break even" at best in the end, then there is little incentive to do it again.

While cool new game designs are the most exciting part for many, I find a solid business plan and responsible company making the games to be just as, if not more, exciting. But I am small biz guy outside of pinball, so my tastes may be skewed.

I love TA. Scott did a killer job. Definitely one of my favorite games played at Expo last year. The sound was so impressive. Crunch the numbers and figure out how to get this game into the hands of its biggest fans!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

Here are some links

Thank you for posting those,they are indeed the videos I watched.
-Mike

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

If Spooky Pinball were to build this machine,would you be in on it. After watching the Youtube videos of it being played,I am really hoping we can show the interest needed for Spooky to work it out financially to be built at a price we can all afford. Hoping this poll helps.
-Mike

With no ramps and toys, where's the $4695 option ? It looks fun for sure but let's be real on the pricing.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

With no ramps and toys, where's the $4695 option ? It looks fun for sure but let's be real on the pricing.

Charlie brought up a good point on the videos. He really wanted to know if people would buy a single level game. His point was this...if he makes a ramp on a game they cost him 50-100 each, but if he doesn't include a ramp people want to pay $1000 less for the game. He goes on to say that Total Annihilation under the playfield has a lot going on parts wise.

#16 7 years ago

I think it's a great title and could be a winner for a new route operator and as an affordable home collector option. So it needs to be priced right and count on the large number of sales to make profit while it keeps the line busy much longer. This small volume approach seems weird IMO.

Is that Jay really gonna be the model on the flyer?

#17 7 years ago

Looks very addictive.

Needs a great art package and someone cool doing the call outs.

Would be tempted if final version was as good as it potentially could be.

#18 7 years ago

I think they could sell a few hundred pretty easy. Maybe tough to break 1000. The game looks really fun.

#19 7 years ago

It looks fun and tough to me and I would be a buyer most likely. I would definitely pay 6k for this over The Jetsons even though that has a ramp and great artwork.

#20 7 years ago

I'd put preorder money down on TA at Stern Pro pricing if it's released by Spooky. Any other company and I'd hold my cash until they were shipping.

The game looks incredible and there isn't a company on the planet better at getting games out the door than Spooky. Definitely a team I'd support with my wallet.

#21 7 years ago

I love the retro feel of this game! Count me in. Do a run of 500 @ $6000 a piece. The art package will be important in getting people to pay the $6000. This would easily sell out.

#22 7 years ago

That is a cool looking game. Can't wait to see the art. The music makes you want to keep playing.

#23 7 years ago

limit it to 250 and I bet it sells for 7k easy.

I'm in

#24 7 years ago

7k I'll need a second job (but that means less time for pinball)

#25 7 years ago

Game looks so awesome! Did you get the license or are we gonna Kulek this thing? Will you have art and music from the game?

My favorite strategy was to invest all resources into being the first to have nukes... then bombs away!

#26 7 years ago

What is the grid of lights between the slings for?

I dig the game. I actually would like the artwork, or lack there of, just like it is.

#27 7 years ago

Game looks fantastic! Ramps and toys dont make a pinball good. A good ruleset and layout, good sound package and callouts, thats what makes a pinball fun, enjoyable, and lasting. I love an original theme, so not having to license is a huge cost saver. That upper playfield looks like it can be wild and the light show during multiball look great. I love the "question mark" light show pattern. Nail down a futuristic android art package and theme and you've got a winner.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What is the grid of lights between the slings for?

Bonus. Oldschool style.

#29 7 years ago

I think the art will be 80's style trapper keeper. Scott is committed to the retro thing, damn fool purposely bought a fiero

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

limit it to 250 and I bet it sells for 7k easy.
I'm in

Why limit it?

#31 7 years ago

Watching the Dead Flip vid on Youtube gives a clear view of the layout and light show. Looks amazing! One pop bumper that cause such an awesome effect!

Beware the man in green...

#32 7 years ago

In case you have not noticed, the game looks expensive to make.

In order to generate sales, a good method is to limit production numbers. This allows you to increase the sales price as games then also have an immediate collectibility factor.

#33 7 years ago

I'm in, should it be produced

#34 7 years ago

This should be the backglass

IMG_1114 (resized).JPGIMG_1114 (resized).JPG

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Leascippi:

Just add bikini

#36 7 years ago

No reason to limit a game like this. Sell as many as people will buy within whatever period works for manufacturing.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Leascippi:

Why? It has nothing to do with the game that happens to share the same name.

Think "1980's Apocalypse".

#38 7 years ago

This is an original game not related in any way shape or form to that computer game.

Quoted from Leascippi:

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why? It has nothing to do with the game that happens to share the same name.
Think "1980's Apocalypse".

Oh, so why does it use the name of a popular video game franchise? I guess it's fine if it never goes into production

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Leascippi:

Oh, so why does it use the name of a popular video game franchise?

So popular no one has heard of it but you?

Also it's a common phrase. No trademark.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Are you sure?
http://www.trademarkia.com/total-annihilation-75132605.html

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Oh yeah, and this...
https://www.google.com/amp/www.4-traders.com/amp/news/Trademark-Application-for-TOTAL-ANNIHILATION-Filed-by-Atari--23935944/

#43 7 years ago

Well it's good that this is an "amusement device" and not a "computer game". I don't think there's any worries here.

#44 7 years ago

It's also good that it's a homebrew game and this thread is daydreaming.

#45 7 years ago

Well, AFM used the phrase in a pinball context back in 1995.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_from_Mars

#46 7 years ago

I'd buy less than $6k

#47 7 years ago

"Never say never"

And that is a quote.

#48 7 years ago

I'd like to start a pinside fight/argument:

Sell as a Kit?

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Sell as a Kit?

The cabinet, art and whatnot aren't the most expensive part, so a kit doesn't really save you much. Also it has a custom sized screen.

#50 7 years ago

The gameplay, sound and layout all looked great. I was curious though if the alpha/numeric displays were a necessity because there wasn't code for scoring on the lcd or if it was an intentional aesthetic choice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Wanted
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.