Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 80 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 145.
#1351 2 years ago

Well, I think the main issue is that the artist in question has a specific style that he is bringing to the work, instead of bending his style to match the stated aesthetic. His personal style is more cartoony and "fantasy" versus the straight lines and "sci-fi" nature of Neon Noir, and that is throwing it off for people. I get it.

But, this is Scott's game and it's going to look how Scott wants, so ultimately everyone is just puffing hot air to no end. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't think they'll have much trouble selling the first run.

#1352 2 years ago

IMG_2371 (resized).JPG

#1353 2 years ago

War Games is a great childhood movie.
-Mike

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I mean, it's the first backglass in over a decade that looks at all with-it.

I'm too old to know what "it" is anymore, but I'd think the PBR game is somehow with it?

#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I'm too old to know what "it" is anymore, but I'd think the PBR game is somehow with it?
» YouTube video

Sorta, but that mostly scans as a playable advertisement.

#1356 2 years ago

I'd like to play this more

#1357 2 years ago

Ima sit outside his house till he lets me in

#1358 2 years ago

Wouldn't you rather play a nice game of chess?

#1359 2 years ago

Let me in!!

#1360 2 years ago

Thanks fuckers

IMG_9040 (resized).JPG

#1361 2 years ago

Oh snaaap

Nice beacon and where's the segment displays?

#1362 2 years ago

They're in the next version

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

They're in the next version

whew!

#1364 2 years ago

Lol, not fair!

#1365 2 years ago

Oh wow. Love the beacon!
-Mike

#1366 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Thanks fuckers

Love how this pic is showing stuff that's never been seen before, but its just enough out of focus to not give any of it away. Lol. Brilliant!

#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Love how this pic is showing stuff that's never been seen before, but its just enough out of focus to not give any of it away. Lol. Brilliant!

Actually Jay (and more of him) has been seen before, but you already know that.

Brad

#1368 2 years ago

Spooky podcast hinted that TnA would be coming sooner rather than later... Original estimate was maybe later this year?

#1369 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Spooky podcast hinted that TnA would be coming sooner rather than later... Original estimate was maybe later this year?

So now it will be "sooner this year"?

#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I heard this too and quickly fired off an email to Charlie asking if they had a guess to reveal and say price. He replied that he didn't know as of yet that still a lot of work to do. So while that comment is great I wouldn't be looking for a reveal real soon.

#1371 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I heard this too and quickly fired off an email to Charlie asking if they had a guess to reveal and say price. He replied that he didn't know as of yet that still a lot of work to do. So while that comment is great I wouldn't be looking for a reveal real soon.

Well, ....damn.......

#1372 2 years ago

Anyone interested in this title should should email spooky (or a distributor) soon and get on the list.

KT@SpookyPinball.com (Spooky directly)
Sales@PinballStar.com (Pinball Star Amusements)
Sales@KingPinGames.net (KingPin Games)

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Anyone interested in this title should should email spooky (or a distributor) soon and get on the list.

I loudly second the motion of "email soon and get on the list". As an early adoptor with crossed fingers & now an early member of the full-on Spooky loyal buyers club, I have #42 of AMH, and the rarer "1st 50" #42 RZ. KT on speed dial - Spooky my standing 95% certainty order

Both TnA and Alice Coopers are forcing me to postpone Star Wars (and pre Spooky JJP I would have bought all 3 Stern releases LE models the last 3 years). Only stearn I added lately was Aerosmith. Selling GoT, avoided BG, May sell STLE and Spiderman original, just to have room for Alice Copper and Dialed In. If I sell 3, Id strongly consider TnA. I was never in on the flyers risks of Jpop or Pred or Big L or Alien. The only 4th maker I might consider is HomePin.

And P.S As Charlie says, when the time comes that the game is revealed, only put down your deposit if you seriously commit to taking delivery (unless you have a big change in your life that cancels your pinball funds - you've got a solid handshake there).

Sorry for semi-hijacking the OP topic. But its kind of on topic - what might keep you in/out of making deposit $ down on TnA production?

#1374 2 years ago

I'm patiently awaiting the reveal and currently am on the list. I think they wil easily sell a couple hundred of these but just hope they don't shut off sales too early on it. I purchased RZ 295 direct from them and will need a little buffer time to stack cash for another purchase. I certainly don't want to be in initial batch of TNA but do want a shot at it.

#1375 2 years ago

What's the urgency to be in the list now? I mean it's not even revealed or the price.

#1376 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's the urgency to be in the list now? I mean it's not even revealed or the price.

And it's an unlimited run.

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My guess is that they are hitting some sort of break off point (first 50, first 100, first 200) and they are hinting that if you want to get in the first run that it would be a good idea to show your interest.

I would ask, what is the harm to getting on the interested list now? No money down, no harm commitment till full reveal and price as I understand it?

#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That you get a better position to get a game earlier. That's all. Yes, they will do runs to fill demand - there is no time or unit limit as there was for RZ. Charlie has not given a final production run # of Nightmare, and TnA was stated in a podcast (I think, or maybe it was MGC) - that they'd do batches of 50-100 as demand indicates.

So yeah, no urgency from un-obtainium angle, but First on, First out the door.

#1379 2 years ago

Certainly no harm in getting on the list. Just a tool to gauge interest. I'm sure the numbers they get on that list will influence how they manage the production line in what will take priority (TNA or Alice). Or atleast how to fit the batches of TNA in with Alice.

Either way I'm excited. Seems like a super fun game. I missed it at Expo last year but I will be hopefully attending this year and will hopefully get to play the production version.

If I in fact like it this might be the game to replace my Fish Tales. So instead of growing my collection I'll remain at 2 but both will be awesome games!

#1380 2 years ago

So many good choices indeed. I've made the decision to enlist my neices and nephews in helping solve the space issue. I've been putting games I'm not playing so much, but want to keep, to agree to "store" them with free play as much as they want.

Best of both worlds, I free space for Spooky games but keep my existing fine-tuned, modded, hard-to-find again under $10k. Collection is 20, lend out 5, I can buy SW, Spooky TnA and Alice, and maybe JJP dialed in (have woz and hobbit LE).

I only have cash for 1 game now, but I'm moving and have to leave 2 machines and free up 2 spaces .

All good "problems" that only the 00.10 % of the world could even ponder.

#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

What is the benefit of one or the other to buy from?

#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Location, sales tax, which guy would you like more for service, who do you connect with more?

Joe gives some sales to hospitals, Joe sometimes has $sales of couple hundred bucks off.
Chris gives discounts for military.

KT's better looking that Joe or Chris.

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I made a purchase through pinball life my long ago that included a business card from Kingpin Games and he offers double the factory warranty and free shipping to military. Spooky will do the same on the shipping as they hooked me up. But double the warranty is nice.

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Chris is also a BIG supporter of all the regional midwest shows and gives back bigtime to charity. He is a huge supporter of location pinball and also the MRP charity event each year.

Joe is a great dude, just did not want it to be left out that Chris is way more than just the military discount. His service is amazing also!

#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I made a purchase through pinball life my long ago that included a business card from Kingpin Games and he offers double the factory warranty and free shipping to military. Spooky will do the same on the shipping as they hooked me up. But double the warranty is nice.

Glad to see the cards are getting some attention.

As it has been stated, ordering from whomever is a personal preference. No matter whom you order from, the end product will be the same. Same great game, same great service (as i am the tech support guy for Spooky). In the end it is just a personal preference.

I can not speak for Spooky, but both pinballstar and myself also welcome trade in towards games too.

#1386 2 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Location, sales tax, which guy would you like more for service, who do you connect with more?
Joe gives some sales to hospitals, Joe sometimes has $sales of couple hundred bucks off.
KT's better looking that Joe or Chris.

Clearly you've never seen Chris is a size small ladies tank top.

As you can tell, with our business model we don't have a ton of distributors. Joe and Chris are because they REALLY care, bust their a**es, and are just damn great guys for pinball in general. Both are a huge part of why Spooky is chugging along just fine. Proud to have them both as business partners.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Chris is also a BIG supporter of all the regional midwest shows and gives back bigtime to charity. He is a huge supporter of location pinball and also the MRP charity event each year.
Joe is a great dude, just did not want it to be left out that Chris is way more than just the military discount. His service is amazing also!

Please stop making me like you Hilton!

#1387 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Clearly you've never seen Chris is a size small ladies tank top.

now you have....

12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg

#1388 2 years ago

... and there go the sales that i had lined up.

#1389 2 years ago

You know this will be immortalized on the internets now don't you?

#1390 2 years ago

oh yeah, when my kids have to do a "what were your parents like when they were younger" report in school, this will give them nightmares.

#1391 2 years ago

That is fantastic, you guys are great fun.
-Mike

#1392 2 years ago

I may have to make this a framed piece of wall art for the ladies room at Spooky... we already have enough scary stuff on the walls in the men's room.

#1393 2 years ago

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1394 2 years ago

I may have to make this a framed piece of wall art for the ladies room at Spooky... we already have enough scary stuff on the walls in the men's room.

Perfect! If you do, take a pic of it in the bathroom and place the pic in the goody bag of tna

#1395 2 years ago

That pic is burned into my retinas. I'm certain that's what nightmares are made of

#1396 2 years ago

I think this should be the new coin slot animation

#1397 2 years ago

Let's see more of you

#1398 2 years ago

Who wore it better?

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Who wore it better?

that would be my wife. nobody is yelling "put that shirt back on" when she takes hers off.

#1400 2 years ago

Hoping to make TNA my first NIB pin - I'm on "the list"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 265.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
There are 7250 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside