Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 2 years ago

Scott, please post a good picture of the under playfield. People need to get some perspective of exactly what is going on here.

This WOULD NOT be a cheap machine to manufacture.

In the long haul, fun factor is what rules the day, not toys and ramps. BTW, TA has pulled off a couple of neat little hat tricks; a toy created out of commonly used parts (the inline drops used as a ball locking mech) and an upper playfield that doesn't require you to actually grunt your way up there - i.e., it doesn't really exist while completely feeling like it is does.

1 week later
#191 2 years ago

Remove 2 $50 ramps and the game should cost $4000? Ramps were not omitted in this game for cost, they were omitted because this game was designed to be more fun without them. The BOM changes very little, if at all.
Terry.

2 weeks later
#548 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I'd say more of a proof of concept than a prototype. There are many aspects of what he has done that will likely have to change before the game goes into production. I would expect it will be more than a few months before we see a prototype that is more representative of what the production game will look like. Not saying it is going to be radically different, but this was a one off with no original intent to take it to production, so it was not engineered with that in mind. Add to that Scott has a full time job.
I have no inside info, but I'd imagine that TA would come after Alice cooper and whatever Ben is cooking up.

You're a smart man Josh.
Terry.

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

All kidding aside..I am interested in it having a shaker motor too,for when you destroy a reactor.
-Mike

Very likely an aftermarket item.
Terry.

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

The only suggestion I have is;
Somebody suck this man's dick

#551 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pin sales boil down to one thing - Will a 50 year-old man buy it?
It's the reason extremely well done custom games like Buffy get largely ignored while a POS brick-fest like Predator steals half a million.

And BINGO was its name-o.
Perfectly said.
Terry.

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You will find more information about Total Annihilation in the Lionman thread than you will in this thread .

So true!
Terry.

#639 2 years ago

How did we get so far off the topic of Fieros?
Terry.

3 weeks later
#813 2 years ago
Quoted from mgpasman:

His day job is "working at Pinball Life" according to Spooky's latest podcast.

Yes, Scott works at Pinball Life as his *day job*. He is our engineer and resident genius.

As for TNA, this is Scott's *moonlighting* job. PBL is not developing the game. All things TNA are between Spooky and Danesi Designs.

Of course Scott not only works at PBL, he is also my friend and has been for the last decade or so. I 100% support the TNA project for that reason, and it's certainly reason enough. However, PBL does not manufacture or develop pinball machines. I just want to make that clear for the record (or perhaps no one was wondering, but whatever).

Terry.

#821 2 years ago

Yes, Scoregasm is awesome (see what I did there?)

#825 2 years ago

Vajazzler

Quoted from bangerjay:Throwing a million things in a machine doesn't guarantee a good time.

Unless one of those million things is a Vajazzler.

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just hope I can get a version with nipples!
All the best BGs have nipples!
I mean, the nipple is the best part of the boob, so why have a central character with boobs and not include the nipple

Only Scott gets to see the nipples.

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Do not waste time running it by pinball buddies or "yes men" at this stage.
Keep at it.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Trust me, his buddies are not yes men.
Terry.

4 weeks later
#1301 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Look at our collection of hands, heads and feet to see where we've been. Embrace this parody: the ending of things you can believe. We'll drive you 'til you're skin and bones and when we finally reach the end, you'll fall into our open arms, accept our tears of sympathy. Make way for our emptiness. A descent that never ends 'til the one last living thing is the next thing to go. You should know by now that we never come in peace. Endure this tragedy, wrap yourselves in our fantasies. When you think of all you've lost, weigh it with what you've gained in trade. We've given the greatest gift: this savior that will never rise. The Bringer of Greater Things. Creator of Brighter Days. The city cops, a sub-zero night. A midnight ride out of town. The passenger was found frozen to the snow. Our enduring legacy. We bring a better way. Our handshake crushing bone. The blankets that keep you warm, we've soiled with disease. The Bringer of Greater Things. Creator of Brighter Days. The hollow songs you'll sing at the ending of your day.

That's either from a movie or you've totally lost it. Hopefully it is the first one. Regardless, it is nothing a mankini can't fix.

4 weeks later
#1431 2 years ago

In not an insider as far as actual production dates go, but my guess is you'll see this game sooner, not later.

#1437 2 years ago

I've heard rumors that Swingboat is not functional this summer. Say it isn't so!

And....... TNA.

#1438 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm guessing it will ship with complete code too, not a blank usb stick #starcouldbewars

It will, barring bug fixes, which are inevitable.

3 weeks later
#1910 2 years ago

Prototype has 2 playfield slide rails. I believe the production game will as well.

#1951 2 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

TZ have different modes and games, awful saying but... like apples to oranges.

TNA; easy to learn, hard to master. This is exactly what classic pinball rule sets are all about.

#1995 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

ยป YouTube video

Yep, got that from the first line. Great fucking song.

1 week later
#2451 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I am not going to moderate two awesome Pinsiders, I choose to do a reminder instead, so please remember to keep all Lionman statements in the Lionman thread only. Thank you.

Scott started the LIONMAN thread, so a game designed by Scott should and will contain many tips o' the hat to said thread and topic. It's not off topic.

#2499 2 years ago

TNA LIONMAN!

20170817_200128 (resized).jpg

#2610 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Some scoop damage tho......

That's some sort of light reflection. I was there last night. There is zero scoop damage.

1 week later
#3016 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think it's a great idea. I may order one also. Scott is running them off a 3D printer?

Yes

Quoted from jonesjb:

Is this something that's been around for a while? Can you get them in different colors, or just the gold one? I like the sound of this.

Golden brown and electric pink coming soon.

#3024 2 years ago

We do all actually bring our own dollar coins; either Sacs or Slutty Sues. Throwing out a Slutly Sue always raises an eyebrow though.

#3113 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I'm in the same boat. But I will just have to get a pink sac at the pinball life open house.
If I pre order can I get the show specials and just pick it up?

Yes, of course.
Terry.

#3159 2 years ago

Ask Mr. Danger. I'm sure he has the answer.

1 month later
#3870 2 years ago

Brixies has a great bar food menu as well.
Nice to see the pin line up expanding there.

1 month later
#4207 2 years ago

Hey, it's a short drive. I bet we can organize a short trip back. I'm in.

2 months later
#5041 1 year ago
Quoted from brenna98:

TNA shot glasses! An alcoholic version of the sac rack.

Now this I like!

1 month later
#5811 1 year ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

My flippers are like cannons. They completely blast the ball.

Yeah, if your flippers aren't strong enough there's something not right. TNA flippers rip the ball around the orbits and blast away at everything else.

2 months later
#6468 1 year ago

I'm surprising myself by really liking the black trim. Looks great!

1 month later
#6687 1 year ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Seems like we're at the beginning of a new batch of builds!

Hot Pinball Action!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Providence, RI
Wanted
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Area
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlife.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside