Topic Stats

• 7,247 posts
  • 627 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 218 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 323 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1140 votes by 938 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7247 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 145.
#2901 2 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Given the recent lovefest for SoF any negative opinion of SoF is now considered a criminal act, and rethemeing a SoF is considered treason and carries a minimum punishment of exile.

Then how are you still here?

#2902 2 years ago

IMG_0023 (resized).JPG

#2903 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Then how are you still here?

um... work visa?

#2904 2 years ago

Sadly, the same country that lost a $125M Mars orbiter due to mistakingly using metric and imperial units. D'oh!

https://www.wired.com/2010/11/1110mars-climate-observer-report/

#2905 2 years ago

just remember the software for landing on the moon was written by a brit

#2906 2 years ago

Pinball machines are (mostly) made in 'merica, gonna use 'merica measurin'

#2907 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Truth be told I grew up with both and since there are only a handful of bolt head sizes commonly used in pinball it works out. I generally know if a wrench is imperial it belongs with my pinball tools.

#2908 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

IMG_6066 (resized).JPG

#2909 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Translucent hot magenta.

Yep that is what I want .

#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I wish the US didn't have to special with Standard Measurements. Pain in the butt keeping two sets of everything.
I'm sure there are a lot of reasons for it, but nothing I could think of to justify it.
It would seem a lot simpler just going with the metric system like almost every other country in the world.
I am ignorant on the subject of how it came to be, so I'm sure I'm missing something.

And it caused a space craft to crash, so there's that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter
The primary cause of this discrepancy was that one piece of ground software supplied by Lockheed Martin produced results in a United States customary unit, contrary to its Software Interface Specification (SIS), while a second system, supplied by NASA, expected those results to be in SI units, in accordance with the SIS.

#2911 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yep that is what I want .

That would be Tottally Rad. I would be in. But LIONMAN.

#2912 2 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

People keep talking numbers for game orders. And I agree good gauge in interest. Last we heard in batch 4 (150-200). I'm curious about non game interest also. I wonder how many shirt sales there have been from pinball life. That should be a good measure as to how many support the game. But may not be able to afford it.

Machine #95 coming to me, t-shirt and tank arrived 2 days ago and the much better looking one and I are both wearing them today.

#2913 2 years ago

Been a week or more but did you guys check out the interview with Scott on Kenada's podcast?

Discusses the cost how nothing was cut from the BOM. I got the feeling that Scott is so down to earth.

Not discussed on the podcast, but I wanted to add how this project reminds me somewhat of Predator (not how it ended up) but how it started with so much energy and good vibes and what went wrong with Predator as opposed to TNA.

Also tells me Scott has a good head on his shoulders not just technology or design smarts but the whole package and getting Spooky on board made me infinitely more comfortable with ordering the pin. Aside from the lisense fiasco I had doubts Skit-B would be able to assemble the machines.

I thought (aside from the bogus lisense) the Skit-B guys had a good game that looked fun had some very interesting code ideas. If they had just made a generic alien/jungle theme it could have worked. It's like they were halfway there but you can't sell half a pinball machine (as Jpop has also show) its all or nothing.

#2914 2 years ago

Great meme.

Just for clarification for those that are not in technical career fields, scientists and engineers in the US do use the metric system and it is extensively used in problem solving in colleges for engineering and physics.

#2915 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just for clarification for those that are not in technical career fields, scientists and engineers in the US do use the metric system and it is extensively used in problem solving in colleges for engineering and physics.

of course, I was a scientest myself and use metric as an MD.

One thing (metric vs non metric) has nothing to do with the other (landing on the moon).

I was just pointing out that some people like to look down on US as saying they are not all that. But the US was able to land on the moon, develop *a lot* of computer technology, develop *a lot* of medical breakthroughs, develop atomic energy, first in flight etc..

I know that there was a lot of help from other countries etc. but the US is at the forefront of a lot of innovations.

In fact the cause of US being able to develop a lot of this is because US is/was the richest country in the world ever. I believe much had to do with our being the first country to exploit and sell oil to the rest of the world (long before the Middle East even knew they had oil) as well as steel and industrial output. This led to the US being rich and powerful and were able to spend countless dollars on aerospace and computer technology.

The US does use metric measurements sometimes for example car engines are listed as CC's instead of CI displacement, soda is sold in 2L bottles and nutrition labels are in metric as well..

It is interesting that other countries like UK still will use some English Units while also using metric as well. For example they will describe engine TQ as lb ft but will measure the length in CM and the weight in KG. In fact UK car magazines list 0-62 MPH times for cars which is 0-100 Km/hr. UK still uses the description of MPG on cars and sells beer in pints instead of some metric volume.

In the US we will have 5K runs and 100 Meter dash but we will still use yards and pounds for other things.

#2916 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

of course, I was a scientest myself and use metric as an MD.
One thing (metric vs non metric) has nothing to do with the other (landing not he moon).
I was just pointing out that some people like to look down on US as saying they are not all that. But the US was able to land on the moon, develop *a lot* of computer technology, develop *a lot* of medical breakthroughs, develop atomic energy, first in flight etc..
I know that there was a lot of help from other countries etc. but the US is at the forefront of a lot of innovations.
In fact the cause of US being able to develop a lot of this is because US is/was the richest country in the world ever. I believe much had to do with our being the first country to exploit and sell oil to the rest of the world (long before the Middle East even knew they had oil). This led to the US being very rich and powerful and we were able to spend countless dollars on aerospace and computer technology.
The US does use metric measurements sometimes for example car engines are listed as CC's instead of CI displacement, soda is sold in 2L bottles and nutrition labels are in metric as well..
It is interesting that other countries like UK still will use some English Units while also using metric as well. For example they will describe engine TQ as lb ft but will measure the length in CM and the weight in KG. In fact UK car magazines list 0-62 MPH times for cars which is 0-100 Km/hr. UK still uses the description of MPG on cars and sells beer in pints instead of some metric volume.
In the US we will have 5K runs and 100 Meter dash but we will still use yards and pounds for other things.

Nice post! I didn't realize or even think about how much we actually do use the metric system.

#2917 2 years ago

OT

I am interested in world history as well as science history. A great book:

"The Making of the Atomic Bomb".

amazon.com link »

Actually not as OT as I was thinking, since this is about Nuclear Annihilation LOL

a) the US didn't do everything by themselves (IOW other scientists such as Einstein, Teller etc. were not Americans)
b) the US was the only countrie capably of doing this at the time due to our wealth and power as well as our scientists homegrown or imported.
c) if US didn't do it (at that time) doesn't mean that it would not have been done sometime in the future. IOW just because US developed the bomb doesn't mean we US is solely responsible for nuclear proliferation (I mean some other country would have done it).

Here is something I find hard to believe :
When President Roosevelt died on April 12, 1945, Vice President Harry S. Truman became the 33rd President of the United States. Until then, Truman had not been told of the Manhattan Project, but he was quickly briefed on the secrets of the atomic bomb development.

I just can't imagine that a project this big was a secret and that the VP was not aware of it regardless.

#2918 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

just remember the software for landing on the moon was written by a brit

I somehow knew you'd have an answer for that Neil

#2919 2 years ago

The width of a king's thumb and the length of his foot is pretty dumb, but if aliens landed and we tried to impress them with a unit of measurement based off the number of fingers we evolved with they'd laugh at that too.

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The width of a king's thumb and the length of his foot is pretty dumb, but if aliens landed and we tried to impress them with a unit of measurement based off the number of fingers we evolved with they'd laugh at that too.

Monkeys don't try to impress us with their system of measure, nor would we care, and we would be monkeys relative to any species that has mastered space travel.

#2921 2 years ago

does anyone know if this will have 12volts on the bill harness line like the AFMR and DI, or will it be using the standard 110?

#2922 2 years ago

IMG_0544 (resized).JPG

#2923 2 years ago

great artwork for firepower 2!

#2924 2 years ago

You can't fit in that!

#2925 2 years ago

Been workin' out.

#2927 2 years ago

Hey all what game is most like TNA?

#2928 2 years ago

Nothing.

#2929 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

You won't find anything like it. Spooky does unique stuff. Look at AMH or RZ...nothing like it! Remember this machine is from Scott's head, a basement project that went viral! Good times are here.
-Mike

#2930 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

There really is nothing like TNA . I can see some simularities with Sorcerer though . Sorcerer has an upper area on the same level as the playfield with one flipper . The multiball on Sorcerer is a playfield multiplier like TNA and just like TNA you want to make sure you are ready to maximize your points when in multiball . Also in multiplayer games a locked ball can be stolen by another player .

#2931 2 years ago

Oh yeah , and the timed drop targets on Sorcerer are a little like the timed inline drops on TNA to get jackpots .

#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

You won't find anything like it. Spooky does unique stuff. Look at AMH or RZ...nothing like it! Remember this machine is from Scott's head, a basement project that went viral! Good times are here.
-Mike

Not a bad thing. It's sad/funny/curious that SW or AFM probably will crush TNA in sales, but like the movie box office dollars, play it safe is where the big money is.

I'm not dissing AFM or SW etc... great pins no doubt but TNA is something unique.

I have so many similar pins, love them but nothing like TNA.

#2933 2 years ago

Tell you what though, TNA has awesome music and Sorcerer's looping noise track grates on my nerves badly!

#2934 2 years ago

Can I get a 3T version of that onesie?

#2935 2 years ago

i keep telling my wife... "think of quicksilver on steroids" it is no ramp retro awesomeness that is crazy fast!!

#2936 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

There really is nothing like TNA . I can see some simularities with Sorcerer though

Funny that you mention Sorcerer, it was the first pin that i thought of when i saw the TNA whitewood for the first time! Sound is day and night but the use of the third flipper and the fast and brutal gameplay are similar in my opinion.
I really miss my sorcerer, maybe another subconcious reason why i'm in on TNA

#2937 2 years ago

I know it's only been a couple weeks (and this thread sure doesn't help) but it's been feeling like forever...anyone know when the first games are going to be picked up/shipped? The wait is KILLING me!

#2938 2 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

The uniqueness was a significant factor in why I got an RZ, and the same is true of TNA. I love my Stern Star Trek it plays great but it's hardly a unique game. I wouldn't want to own it and say Spiderman at the same time. I've only got room for 5 pins and I think it speaks volumes that 2 of those slots will go to Spooky.

#2939 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I know it's only been a couple weeks (and this thread sure doesn't help) but it's been feeling like forever...anyone know when the first games are going to be picked up/shipped? The wait is KILLING me!

you and me both. I played the protoype last Tuesday and I am still fiending more!!!!!!!!!!!

#2940 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

There really is nothing like TNA . I can see some simularities with Sorcerer though . Sorcerer has an upper area on the same level as the playfield with one flipper . The multiball on Sorcerer is a playfield multiplier like TNA and just like TNA you want to make sure you are ready to maximize your points when in multiball . Also in multiplayer games a locked ball can be stolen by another player .

I sold my Sorcerer to help fund this game. Similarites reminded me as well. TNA will fill my Sorcerer void.

#2941 2 years ago

Anyone have an update with production/batch numbers?

#2943 2 years ago

Hahha this is so amazing!!!

#2944 2 years ago

Ha! Includes 4 golden sacs
Awesome!

#2945 2 years ago

Please note; 6 player games such as Baywatch will require 1.5 Golden Brown Sac Racks™ for proper functionality.

#2946 2 years ago

That would be cool on my Golden Arrow, but sadly it's a 1 player game

#2947 2 years ago

Dang, I just finished a PBL order (got the t-shirt!).

thenotrashcougar Can you share what the playfield lift mechanism will be on TNA? Any underside pics yet?

#2948 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

That would be cool on my Golden Arrow, but sadly it's a 1 player game

Just play one at a time

#2950 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Dang, I just finished a PBL order (got the t-shirt!).
thenotrashcougar Can you share what the playfield lift mechanism will be on TNA? Any underside pics yet?

Wait for underside pics until we make a production sample. My prototype is not zip tied correctly. I can tell you there will be 2 high quality service rails included on the game from the factory.
--Scott

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakville, MO
5,600 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Champaign, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jackson, MICHIGAN
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
There are 7247 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 145.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside