Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 2 years ago

Game looks fantastic! Ramps and toys dont make a pinball good. A good ruleset and layout, good sound package and callouts, thats what makes a pinball fun, enjoyable, and lasting. I love an original theme, so not having to license is a huge cost saver. That upper playfield looks like it can be wild and the light show during multiball look great. I love the "question mark" light show pattern. Nail down a futuristic android art package and theme and you've got a winner.

#31 2 years ago

Watching the Dead Flip vid on Youtube gives a clear view of the layout and light show. Looks amazing! One pop bumper that cause such an awesome effect!

Beware the man in green...

3 weeks later
#340 2 years ago

Hands down the best game at MGC!! So glad it's going into production! Congrats to Spooky and Scott!

#382 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great
Is there any pinball call outs like Jackpot? Any word call outs at all?

Yes, there is an 80s esque female android with a monotone sexy voice that gives you simple call outs like "ball saver" and "ball locked" etc. Nothing fancy but fits the theme perfectly.

#390 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

in my mind... she is SUPER hot!

Of course! I almost imagine the Xenon girl talking when i think about it

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

The game is designed to be tough, drops would make them a lot less dangerous. The reward will be in hitting them and not draining.

Totally agree. They are dangerous targets being so close to the flippers (and center drain). Having to hit each 3 times...you're pressing your luck!

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I sure hope the segments AND the display sticks!!!!!
I want Scotts original vision WITHOUT cost cutting! Please just make the game and let people decide. I'll pay for both the displays and the segments. It is part of the game, the retro vibe, the awesomness of seeing scores at all times, the over done nature of it. I love it all.

I agree 100%. His vision, his design, his music, his table. I want his table in my home, no other changes or suggestions or modifications. I regret not playing it more while I had the chance.

#579 2 years ago

The whole idea of Pro and Prem/LE is kind of ridiculous in all honesty. Back in the peak of pinball in the 90s, what you saw was what you got, no model comparisions. If you wanted a TAF, you got a TAF, not a TAF PRO, that didnt have the Power Magets and Thing hand/Thing flips. Designers need to go back to making games as they are. If an upper playfield is in the design, add it, but not as the requisite of it being a Premium model. Can you imagine SOF or TZ without an upper pf? Of course not! But the fact that you can take a GoT and add an upper pf, then charge and extra 2k is kind of ridiculous. /rant

Back to Scott; his design, no Pro/Premium models. Just Total Annihilation!!!

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm sorry, what's your point? I mean besides the kind of ridiculous part.

To design and produce the table with the end product in mind, not to keep elements out of it, then add the "extras" and charge more.

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Kind of ridiculous to be making that point considering there's been no indication of any of those things happening.

Im mainly talking about Stern, not Spooky or TA, hence the last sentence in my original post about Scott making his table.

4 weeks later
#864 2 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

There would have been issues. "Atari" in its current form exists solely as an IP troll, looking for people to sue as it's primary revenue stream. For example, just last year they decided any game set in a haunted house owes them licensing fees.
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/04/atari-still-exists-thinks-no-one-else-can-make-a-haunted-house-game/

Too lazy to Google it, but who even makes up Atari anymore? What do they even do?

#882 2 years ago

Very awesome. Cant wait to see the rest of it.

#1006 2 years ago

All this nitpicking on the art...man, pinball peeps are fickle! Put out the art for the pop bumper cap and guaranteed you'd get the same type of criticism.

The table plays fast, furious, and unforgiving. The music is bumping and the theme and android voice fit perfectly. Let's not forget that this table is fun! Not that the art doesn't matter, because to an extent it does, but the play has to be there. (Otherwise you end up with a table like *gasp* Magic Girl). Like others have said, art is subjective. You love it or hate it. When you build a machine, you can put whatever artwork you want. Scott is doing that with his, and whatever he puts out, I'm fine with, and this is because the table is unlike any other table made. Lose any preconceptions you have of this table and you will be happier with it.

Can wait to see the production version...

2 weeks later
#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Scott has said he's not revealing anything else until it's done, so I wouldn't expect much over the next couple months or so.

Good idea on his part. Being Pinside, anything he would release would be picked apart anyway. With that said, I'd like to know a target release date so I know how much time I have to save up for it

1 week later
#1248 2 years ago

I watched the Deadflip Stream, part 1 again and I'm STILL stoked that Spooky is working out the logistics to put this into production. I still regret not playing it more at MGC this year. I would love to have this pin in my basement. I still don't get the comments about "I envisioned this artwork, or that artwork, or this layout, or these rules." If you envisioned something that you didn't expect this pin to be, go build your own pin! If you open up your expectations a bit, you will not be disappointed. If you get a chance to play this game, you most certainly will not be disappointed!

For the record, I really enjoy the art. It's an original theme to boot, just like how pinball was back in the hayday. This only thing I'm disappointed with is the wait time to play this again!

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Agreed. I wish everyone would just be raving fanboys of everything and only speak up with effusive praise for everything always!
Pinsiders are such meanies!

Not "meanies." Babies. They like to whine about everything. Some pinsiders can be a**holes too, but that's a different topic altogether.

People can have their opinions. They shouldn't bash, or all-of-a-sudden be expert programmers or designers. Pinsiders are fickle. They focus on one tiny spec of a detail, and generalize and say it's terrible without looking at the entire package. Just look at the Star Wars thread. I essentially stated that it wasn't for me, but you've got a lot of the same, "If it were me, I would have done this..." But you have to understand that Stern, and a one-off machine that Scott essentially built in his basement, on his own, are two completely different entities. And to be able to build a machine SO WELL, that a pinball company tells you, "let's talk about putting this into production"? That's an accomplishment. But people instead are focusing on the art style, or the purple hair, or the font, or the laser lines. Seriously, people.

1 week later
#1312 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I can't get this game out of my mind. I haven't even played it and I think I am the biggest Fanboy of this game already.

*turns on Dead Flip stream*

#1315 2 years ago

I am going to be saving and selling at least one game to make room for TNA. The end of 2017 can come soon enough!

#1317 2 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Much more playtime here:
» YouTube video
I think i spent way more time watching TnA footage last week than playing my pins

I will have to check it out!

2 weeks later
#1389 2 years ago

You know this will be immortalized on the internets now don't you?

#1419 2 years ago

I cannot unsee...

#1445 2 years ago

No

#1464 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Most likely my first Spooky game as well.
Strangely, distributors sporting women's gear put it over the top.
But Please, no jumping out of a cake!!

I'll only buy if Chris jumps out of the cake when it gets delivered!

#1491 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A personal plea:
I am so happy for Scott and this reveal, what an amazing thing to come true after so much work.
The art on this game will not appeal to everyone. It's impossible, you can't ever make everyone happy; hand drawn, photoshopped, whatever. Some will wish it was darker and more Mad Max, some will wish it had a male hero, some people just don't like purple, whatever. That's fine!
But if it's not for you could you please find a way to express that politely? Do it for Scott, do it for the artist, do it for me, do it for Batman's dead parents. Make Pinside the place where these personal dream projects are celebrated and we can be excited.

This x a bagillion

#1535 2 years ago

First NIB purchase right here! Fantastic job Scott, Matt, and Spooky for the complete package!

#1668 2 years ago

Speaking of music, will the speakers in the production game be as loud as the ones TheNoTrashCougar brought around in the original machine? Or will we have to upgrade the speakers it get it bumping loud?

#1723 2 years ago

Don't feed the PACMAN troll. Ignore him and he'll go away.

#1858 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I like the clean look to the pf art. The clear rubber is a nice touch too. You have to realize that the lighting brings this game to life, and the pf art seems like it will work well with the lighting to sweep color across the pf.

I would argue that this game is up there with WoZ as far as light show goes. It is a stunning machine to look at.

#1883 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

funny part is that single pop bumper is used 10x better than any Stern 3 pack of protected pops in the past 10 games.

I couldnt agree more. The one pop is very dangerous compared to the 3 pops that have one exit on Sterns. Pops are one of those things that add a random element to the game. By having them protected and only exiting from one path, they become predictable and removes any threat from the game. TZ is a great example of how pops are used effectively also. There's an element of randomness and they also pose a threat, but are not a 100% drain or safe shot.

#1894 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Fair enough, when comparing to Stern. But what if JJP had built it, and build quality wasn't going to be an issue? everything in the original BOM was kept, and then some, without cutting corners?
I believe the original question was posed from this standpoint. Say an existing manufacturer revealed a new non-themed game dolled up in purple and pink; designed by an unestablished first time designer featuring a simple one level layout, a mostly single rinse/repeat objective, no modes, no ramps, no toys, but they told you its got a great light show and driving soundtrack. It was going to list for $6K. They justify this machine as their attempt to return to the 80's simplicity of rules and layout with retro art.
If TNA was an in-house design by JJP would people still view this machine as something special or ask themselves 'what exactly are they trying to sell me here'?
it's understandable A LOT of support in this thread comes from the homebrew/pinside community as well as personal friends of Scott. This element would not have existed if an identical game had been presented cold from an established company. Without it, I suspect opinions might be less enthusiastic.
given what has taken place in the last five or so years, everyone knows the barriers to entry in the pinball industry are HUGE. Not just from a manufacturing standpoint, but as a playfield designer, a code programmer, or an artist, the opportunities are few and far between when only a handful of new titles get produced each year. Scott is blessed to have his game reach critical mass.

I am neither a homebrewer nor a personal friend of Scott's. I played it at MCG for the first time, not even knowing it existed prior to that, and I've been a huge supporter since I've seen it and played it. Stern has built a reputation over the years and are using that to sell games sight unseen. JJP is taking a different approach to selling games. Spooky, yet a different approach; and that's just it, each company approaches the fan base differently. I'm not sure how Spooky got involved with Scott and his machine, but I would imagine that if Spooky did not think it was special, they would not have even considered producing it. Spooky has a LOT to lose on this, Scott...maybe not so much because at the end of the day, he still has his own table regardless if Spooky builds it or not. JJP has a stronger foothold with their 3 games, and a 4th on the way, but the way the rolled out DI is how Stern needs to roll out their games; putting some protos on location, soliciting feedback from distributors, and making necessary tweaks. I think Stern has gotten too big for their own good, and that the people buying tables from them are a big part of the problem. Another carparison here, you would never take delivery of a brand new car without test driving it first, right? Yet people have no trouble spending 5K-15K on a toy box, sight unseen. Just crazy to me.

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the merit of my post was not meant to rest on who made the game. the poster who posed the original question specified Stern as a manufacturer and was immediately countered by Stern's recent lack of QC and desire to cut BOM. I only brought up JJP so as to eliminate those arguments as concerns, which were irrelevant to the actual position which was:
There is an imbalance of support from the homebrew/P-ROC community in this thread compared to threads discussing other NIB/upcoming titles. if this exact game was not designed by Scott Danesi and thus had no connection to the homebrew/P-ROC community, but instead was an in house design by a reputable manufacturer would it be as well recvd?
ive seen people who have played it. several hours of streams. from the reactions its hard to tell if they are excited/having fun. watched the dead flip entourage feeds playing TNA - witnessed more frustration than anything. Watched the 2hrs+ of video from SFGE and didn't see many people walking away from TNA with smiles on their faces (if that's a valid indication of enjoyment) - but of course they are playing a whitewood. In all fairness, few walked away from Houdini with a smile on their face on the 2hrs of coverage from that same show - and that game had a pf/cabinet art package.

TWD enrages me, but i still keep pushing start...also got a chance to play Houdini and it definitely underwhelmed me. It's also pretty unrealistic to only play or own a game that makes you smile. I love pinball, and hope that the hobby continues to thrive but i can't say that any particular machines makes me smile, much less judge the fun-factor of a machine by watching others.

#1915 2 years ago

It's cool. To each their own. At the end of the day, dont dog it until you try it.

#1931 2 years ago

The FT cabinet looks fantastic. Maybe for a full restore I would consider, but with a NIB, you would think the "standard" production would be more than suitable.

#1962 2 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

Scott mentioned Piranha RGB LEDs on one of the DeadFlip streams. I don't think they have specified the brand in the production games but said the light show (and full RGB) will be there (which I would assume would require each to be direct wired).

I wonder how difficult/expensive it will be to replace these if one needs to?

#2064 2 years ago

I personally hope it sells well as to encourage Scott and the Spooky team to design and make more machines. We could have another Pat Lawlor, John Borg, or Steve Ritchie on our hands. Would be awesome to have a fresh new designer making pinball for the hobby! A lot of people are missing that point. We've seen all of the "legends'" pinball tables over the last 30 years. We need new ideas, new visions (DI does a great job). Remember, Scott built this for himself to share with others, not to sell games. Spooky picked this up because they thought it was something special. We need to embrace this, to keep pinball fresh, innovative, and fun, and to keep the big boys from rehashing old ideas with a different art package.

#2107 2 years ago

My first machine that I bought was Taxi in January. My second machine was Gorgar two weeks later. When I needed to make room, it was Taxi that we sold Love me some classic pinball! Can't wait for TNA to bring that back with modern tech. I do have TWD, which I really enjoy, but I won't be adding anymore Sterns in my small 5 slot collection.

#2130 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Agreed. Toppers are for people who need their pin to be it's own special snowflake.

TNA will have a beacon topper on it already, that I'm assuming, will light up when a reactor core is ready. This definitely is a functional topper, not just something pretty to look at. The cage might add to that. Not a bad idea imo, and I'm sure they wouldn't be too hard to find.

I do agree though, that most toppers aren't necessary.

#2218 2 years ago

I agree with mirror blades. It would give an already beautiful light show that much more bang.

#2246 2 years ago

I won't be ordering for a few months yet, but I CANNOT WAIT to make the trip to Benton!

#2262 2 years ago

Free shirt with purchase?! Medium for me please

#2298 2 years ago

Sounds like you guys are doing great! So happy for the Spooky team and I can't wait to start seeing pics and vids. I won't be able to order for a few more months, but both my wife and I are excited to (eventually) have this table in our collection!

#2403 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Please have Jack update the name of the game on screen when you switch so we'll be able to tell if the game being played is Jetsons or annihilation. Thanks.

Should be able to tell fairly quickly by looking at the PF. TNA and Jetsons are nowhere similar.

#2409 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Getting some confusion on this whole "build 50 at a time" thing... this means Spooky BUYS / BUILDS 50 at a time. Doesn't mean if you are game #201 we have to sell 49 more before we build yours.
There will be no gap in production times, everyone that wants a game will get one. When sales slow, we'll do a "last call" and build a final batch of 50. When will that occur? Hopefully in 2035.

If you build it, they will come

#2428 2 years ago

Hop on over to the Pinball Life open house! TnA will be there tearing it up for 2 whole days during Expo. Get some great deals, eat some snacks, play a s**t ton of pinball.

When is it? I would love to meet the people sending me all the parts I order!

#2464 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Although I've been really, really interested in getting this game the short ball times worry me. I don't like brutally difficult games. Are there adjustments on the game to make it less difficult?
It sounds like this game also shines as a multiplayer game but I play by myself 98% of the time. Will this be enjoyable as a single player game?

I think extending ball saver times will be your friend if draining worries you. I'm sure outlanes will be adjustable too. I've also found that playing more difficult games makes you a better player overall, so I'm totally looking forward to "upping my game" when we can finally get this!

#2611 2 years ago

I'm officially in on one!

#2617 2 years ago

For $50, i think you would regret it if you didnt. I've spent $50 on way worse, way more stupid things lol. Unless you were going with mirror blades instead.

#2619 2 years ago

Check their Facebook page. In short it is 6k, with production in batches of 50, until sales start to slow, then they will do a "last call" batch of 50.

There are add-ons too

#2622 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK thanks - sorry don't do facebook.

You might be able to see the details without having an account. I'm not sure though. What else do you want to know? Send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to give you details.

#2750 2 years ago

How long does it take to get a number? I put in on Friday night with a distributor.

#2762 2 years ago

I'm cool with batch 4, except I haven't gotten word back from Joe (pinballstar) as to which batch I was since I sent the initial deposit. Granted it was over the weekend and I just sent an email last night. I just don't want it to be pushed off because it was forgotten or anything like that. Waiting until early 2018 is far enough

#2764 2 years ago

I know he will. Just anxious. It's our first NIB and my wife was like "I don't want to wait more than 6 months!" Don't twist my arm sheesh!

#2766 2 years ago

Joe got back to me with #163! Sooner than I expected, in a good way! Sweet!

#2877 2 years ago

As much as I would love to join this sacfest

download (resized).jpg

#2928 2 years ago

Nothing.

#2937 2 years ago

I know it's only been a couple weeks (and this thread sure doesn't help) but it's been feeling like forever...anyone know when the first games are going to be picked up/shipped? The wait is KILLING me!

#2960 2 years ago

I may have to recant my statement about being out on the sacfest that I made earlier. Very cool!

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Plastic protectors...worth it? I have never placed them on my games except to protect Arwin on LOTR. Necessary on TNA for HUO?

I've been putting them on all my games...but then again, I've only been in the hobby since early this year.

#2973 2 years ago

A Danesi signature under the clear on the PF would be bomb. How do I get in on this?

#3039 2 years ago

For those that have played with a shaker motor installed, would it be a worthwhile upgrade or does the sub chamber and sound overpower it?

#3047 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I've heard it's a worthy upgrade

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Sale item at PBL during expo

I was pleasantly surprised to see that on the list. Might have to lean more towards getting than not at this point

#3089 2 years ago

Just make sure you have money to spend when you play it because...

acb (resized).jpg

#3099 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I totally agree. I will be replacing my F14 Tomcat with TNA. I think it will be a great addition as it has shorter ball times compared to LOTR and Hobbit. Will still have that retro feel of the Tomcat, but great light show and LCD to sit nicely next to the Hobbit and will attract friends who are new to pinball. Plus I love the theme and unique character to the game. Plus the history and story of how it came into production adds to the magic of the game. It will instantly be a conversation piece. Plus, if the comments are true, I will smile every time my wife yells for me to "turn that music down!"

This game thumps. Some of the best music and sound in pinball.

#3104 2 years ago

That'll match perfectly with the theme! Great choice!

1 week later
#3187 2 years ago

For those at the stream last night, was the table really short? We were looking at the camera showing the side of the cabinet, and it stood below the waist on most people. All of my tables stand at the waist or higher. I'm 5'8". Just thought it was strange.

#3298 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yes it was, but then again, I can call it whatever number I want. The code is complete and there are no missing modes, animations, audio, etc. I will be doing a code update a bit after people start getting their games and bugs start being found. At this time, I have no plans to add anything else to the game, but who knows.
--Scott

Wow! What a standard to set for the NIB purchase! *quite facetiously*

In all seriousness, Scott Denesi is awesome!

#3312 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Just listened to the Coast to Coast pinball pod cast. Very cool interview!
From the sound of it, there has been many changes to the rules since I played it at MGC.
Hopefully someone will make a video explaining the rules and different strategies.

If you haven't seen any of the deadflip streams yet, I think the rules are explained thoroughly in each of the vids, IIRC.

#3314 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

True, I did see some of that, but it's hard to follow with all the background noise. I was thinking of something like the tutorials that PAPA puts together.

Would love to see Bowen play this game.

#3345 2 years ago

Awesome pics! I also saw #47, but does that mean the 45 other people have been hush hush about unboxing?!

#3448 2 years ago

This thread is gold.

#3483 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Using the word "revealed" is probably a stretch. If you listen to his description of the story, the guy just wanted to build a fun pin for himself and his buddies to knock around during head-to-head matchups. Short balls times. He took it to a few shows to share it...but it was never "revealed" in the sense that he intended to have it go into full production.
That's one of the cool beauties of this game. It's born of imagination and fun. The love that it garnered at a few shows helped push its production to reality. Far from being shown as a game that was designed to be manufactured.

It's a super awesome story, and too bad it didn't match up with the Spooky Documentary timelines. Would have been awesome to see Scott's story retold.

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I hear sequels are big these days.

It's remakes or reboots Michael Bay will direct it and there will be lots of explosions, unnecessary action sequences, and lots of pointless CGI scenes.

1 week later
#3543 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what is this? sorry, i dont understand what you are offering...

Was just thinking the same thing

#3555 2 years ago

Does that mean...you're having turkey tonight, or that your machine is ready?

#3587 2 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I can understand the comments about this is a good game for a larger collection but I am seriously considering hopping in and I only have one other machine that is not deep. I was looking for "super deep" as the next game but TNA is seriously fun and looks freaking amazing. I can see myself playing for hours trying to get to the next reactor level. I only have played 5 games but it sucked me right in.
I'm so, so, so freaking close to pulling the trigger.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Heading out to one of my favorite bars this weekend to play TNA...but only until mine is ready

#3622 2 years ago

You're looking great!

#3627 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

can't help but say, while JJPOTC may be stealing the spotlight and no doubt is an awesome pin. I am still more excited for TNA.
At first I wasn't, I was having Pirates remorse but now I am zen with my decision to buy TNA.
I was thinking holy hell look at that JJPOTC it's gnarly. But at the end of the day TNA is still TNA and they are not antagonists. Pirates v TH that's a kick in the nuts, but TNA is a different pin-animal.

I was reminded at the Pinball Life open house how awesome the game is and after speaking to Charlie, am 100x more excited to pick it up when it's done. He's truly a down-to-earth awesome everyday guy.

I'm excited for JJPOTC and Eric did an AMAZING job even though it was his first (hopefully of many) design, but not for a second did I regret putting my order in for TNA. Instead, my wife and I were trying to find how we can justify and fund a JJPOTC. Even as a one player game, it will hold your interest; it's got the "one more time" factor.

#3629 2 years ago

He asked what number I was, and he said probably in January. I'm #163. I didn't ask when they were going to start production or anything like that. I figured they would start shipping when they were ready and would be happy whenever I got it. It just happens that my birthday is in January so it's perfect timing. I just know I'm going to take a day or two off of work to pick it up, set it up and get Annihilated He said we would do lunch at Lawrence's in Benton whenever we came to pick it up, and that was on our way out of the Open House. Just a really awesome guy.

#3649 2 years ago

From what Ive read, Scott has been watching people play at each of these events, and has been keeping track of bugs to fix. I can't say I noticed it during the stream, but I'm sure if brought up to Scott, he will fix it.

#3655 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven’t watched a lot of gameplay video, how does it ratchet up the difficulty to the next higher reactor?

After completing the keypad (3X3 grid) you activate the reactor by hitting the left scoop. Once the reactor is activated, you can shoot either orbit to get the ball to the upper pf. Once in the upper pf, you knock the ball around to overheat the reactor (spinner on left orbit does this also) to 100%. When the reactor is overheated, the GI starts pulsing red, and there are random inserts that flash white. The first reactor is one shot, second reactor 2 shots, etc.

Activating multiball while destroying a reactor will multiply the reactor value. So 3 balls in play while blowing up a reactor will give you 3x reactor value. You can also score jackpots by hitting the inline drop targets. The first drop target gets you 1x jackpot, second 2x, third 3x, and finally scoop is super jackpot. The targets come back up after a certain amount of time, so you have to hit those drops in succession quickly to get to the scoop in the back.

The best I did at the PBL open house was 3 reactors (default is extra ball at or on the 3rd reactor).

I think that covers the basic gist of it. Most shots are dangerous shots, especially the keypad, but you need to hit it to advance the game. I just love this game. I keep saying it, but I cannot wait!

#3657 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks
I think what I’m missing, is it more difficult to qualify each next reactor (more shots toy the grid)? And once the reactor is activated does it take more hits to overheat?

i don't believe so. It's the # shots after the reactor is overheated that makes it more difficult to blow up, but then again, I only got into a few deep, so you may have to complete the grid more times as you get further and further. Since there are 9 reactors to destroy, perhaps in a future code update, Scott could program 1x grid for reactors 1-3, 2x grid for reactors 4-6, and 3x grid for reactor 7-9. Holy shit, that would make it difficult!

#3661 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

It's going to be such a difficult wait over these next few months. I think I'm more excited for this than anything else, can't wait for mine to arrive!
In the Spooky docu, they talk about making about 2 games a day, is that still pretty accurate for them?

I believe it was stated that they could do about 10 games a week, so yes, that would be about 2 games per day.

#3664 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Also for the first one or two reactors either orbit will let you into the reactor (both are lit) after that it is just right or just left , whichever is lit , and every time you hit a sling or the pop it changes which orbit is lit making it more difficult to get into the reactor .

Love that it gets more difficult with each reactor! I'm a glutton for punishment. Maybe he should have called this game "50 Shades"

1 week later
#3695 2 years ago

Awesome to see another TNA delivered! There better be 162 TNAs posted in the thread. Then I'll know for sure mine is next!

#3713 2 years ago

I was going to say the same thing. So little

#3733 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Doesn't Stern pay enough for someone to come up with something original?

Rumored to be a Groot head that eats balls and a third flipper that you can shoot it with. Sounds like another game I know with a big head, that eats balls, with a third flipper to shoot it with. Replace Rudy with Groot and you have Guardians?

#3761 2 years ago

It's great seeing these machines in owners' hands!

#3776 2 years ago

I wouldn't say it's a problem necessarily. I would imagine adjusting the gaps on the switches is all it would take.

#3826 2 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Is she dressed like the character or is the character actually based on her?

The character is based on her.

#3836 2 years ago

Scott, did you see that video from AYCE Gogi where the 2 balls were locked, and the player dropped the first drop target (thus releasing the ball) and had two balls in play, but the game only recognized one ball (so if one of the balls drained, the game considered it a full drain, even though there was a second ball in play). I can't recall at when time mark it happens, but it's there.

EDIT: Found it.

#3837 2 years ago

It also carries through to the next player.

#3839 2 years ago

Awesome! Glad to hear you're working on it!

#3841 2 years ago

Indeed. I am glad these little things are being brought up early so I can get them fixed. Bugs happen, especially in a pinball machine.

Yep, I'm hoping to get mine at the end of January, so it better be 100% bug-free by then!

#3851 2 years ago

Awesome! I'll have to cancel the inside art and install the mirror blades instead! Thanks for making this an option! Looks like it's just an adhesive backed mirror? Probably easiest to install with the playfield down I'm assuming.

#3852 2 years ago

Any option for backboard art plus side mirror blades??

#3853 2 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

This game continues to get even better! I'm so tempted to just call Spooky and order and deal with the Wife's anger

She'll get over it once she plays it

Sorry for the triple post! lol

#3858 2 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Wondering the same thing. I already ordered the inner art package but I’m going to order the mirror blades. Maybe the mirror blades go over the side art and that way I can keep the backboard art?

Bryan Kelly stated on the other thread that the backboard art is actually plastic and will be on the production game.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/8#post-4065776

#3877 2 years ago

Congrats! This game has a way of just pulling you in!

1 week later
#3923 2 years ago

The danger comes from the keypad, the pop bumper, and the scoop. The lock shot can be backhanded and is relatively safe. The speed of the ball really keeps you on your toes, and the only relatively safe shot is the lock shot, backhanded. I've tried to forehand the lock shot from the left flipper and drained. It's tempting to make that shot as a reaction shot coming out of the left orbit, but I'm telling you, don't do it!

The pop bumper adds a huge element of randomness, and the scoop fires back so quickly that if you blink, you'll miss it and will have to react to get the ball back under control. The inlane/outlane ball saver is another element that can be strategically played to help extend ball times, and I think that's a great touch.

Again, though the ruleset isn't complicated, that doesn't mean the difficulty in progression is not there. It's like playing any 80s/90s video game (IE Mega Man, Mario Bros, etc) where progression is linear, the game isn't super complicated, but still fun as hell. This is what TNA is.

#3925 2 years ago

Yep that's part of what this game is about. It gets your heart pumping! Only 1 shot to kill a reactor! Then you get an errant flip off of the pop bumper or scoop and you drain, but you could have activated an outlane and ball saver! Faaacccckkkk!!!

#3953 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

NIB newb here. Anyone know of a distributor in New England? Or should I just give my 1K to Spooky?

Yes lol. you'll pay the same price no matter who you go with. If it's local, you'll pay state sales tax.

#3990 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

been playing alot of smdm lately and kinda like the old school bally style game.
been thinking of getting a tna as its a modern version of early style pins, but i hear its best to play 2 players on this? is this correct?

1 player, 2 player, 4 player, it's all good. Strategies change slightly with the number of players, but as a single player, it's just as good.

1 week later
#4014 2 years ago

Pinball Life has mirror blades in stock. Scott is always working on code polishing, as he follows the TNA threads and streams. As far as everything else, it's been quiet. We're all letting Spooky do their thing!

#4024 2 years ago

Get a hold of your distributor or if you went through Spooky. I'm sure they would have no problem taking your money

#4034 2 years ago

Awesome that KT is reaching out to folks to let them know their game is ready to be built. Do you get one last chance to let them know the options you want before they start building?

#4040 2 years ago

curious also. I know everyone in line is eagerly waiting!

#4044 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

#18 passed 1000 plays this weekend. So far nothing but minor fixes (mostly tightening a few things) have been required.

Love reports like this. This means that it'll stay IMMACULATE in the home collection. Spooky...doing it right!

#4093 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Agreed. Failed attempt at sarcasm on my part.

Airball question was legit though.

And people are ok with that???

#4133 2 years ago

That's awesome news! It's great to hear updates like this and also great to hear that you've ironed out some production kinks, and hired more staff to help out!

#4143 2 years ago

The game is the best salesman we have. Just great to see a game this unique making a splash out there!

I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't get to play it at MGC 2017. Again, for the umpteenth time, kudos to you and Scott for shaking things up in the pinball world. Going from the same cookie-cutter designs, this game really added the needed splash to the hobby! THANK YOU!

#4176 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I got my deposit in on game #259 from Chris at KingPin Games. Now to play the waiting game.

Congrats! Waiting is the hard part. Until for a least a little while, we have Hilton's machine at Alt Brew

1 week later
#4229 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ok...
Everytime i come in tomthe bar, it is thumping along.

Enjoying the location porn!

#4270 2 years ago

The game is already blazing fast and difficult as is. No need to make things harder tbh. Maybe if people start blowing up all 9 reactors easily, then a request could put in to Scott, but for now, it plays awesome as is.

2 weeks later
#4405 2 years ago

guys guys guys, Spooky is making the machine. If you want to worry about numbers or something like that, go in on an Alien or TBL. I hear they're going a great job delivering machines in order...

#4570 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Does Spooky run numbers in order? This is my first time buying a Spooky game, so I'm not familiar with those sorts of things. I thought they weren't necessarily run in numerical order.

Didn't you read any of the last 2 dozen posts??!?!?!

#4587 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Got a hankerin' for an AC/DC Premium VE and I'm considering giving up my place in the TNA line (#139) in order to swing it.
Someone talk me off the ledge!  And no requests for my spot please! (yet)

^^ Great points!

TNA will add the extra bit of brutality that only TWD brings right now in your lineup. I don't think you will regret sticking it out with TNA. Have you had an opportunity to play one yet? The sound and light show alone need to be experienced in person to truly appreciate what Scott has done.

#4597 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don't want to talk you off the ledge or on the ledge but both games are great. I just got a chance to play TNA for the first time ever today. It was great, I am not used to single layer games without ramps so it seemed to be missing something. But that said the upper PF was quite nice and almost served to make up for the lack of ramps. The main PF is a bit cramped like you are playing with just half the machine. Not bad but something that I had to wrap my head around.
You have picked two great pins to decide between, TNA is probably going to sell in 500 numbers and AcDc sells in thousands. I do love AcDc premium lower PF and the songs, callouts and the rules are great, I'd say it's *one of the* best pins of the last 10 years.

Glad you finally got to play it! I hope you're still on the list as it seemed like you weren't sure some of the time.

#4603 2 years ago

Thanks for the impressions rai! I feel like I must have been a pinball collector in another life because I have never felt that ramps make a game good. Not to say that you don't have good taste because you only have games with ramps, but I just never understood why complicated or deep rulesets and ramps have to be on a modern game. I've only been collecting for the last year, and only playing pinball really for 2 years. At first, I was drawn into the lights and sounds of a modern DMD game, but I've found over the last year, that I actually prefer and appreciate the simpler games. I almost feel as if I have the taste of a collector "from back in the day" rather than someone that has just recently joined the hobby. Not sure exactly what I'm trying to say, but I think there are too many people that overlook TNA because of its simplicity. I am drawn to TNA because of its simplicity!

Scott did it right. He used the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid.

#4622 2 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Ok, I may have a problem.
I’ve turned the audio on my AFMR to zero and I’m playing the TNA sound track over Sonos speakers in my game room.

So....what's your problem?

#4696 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

and for a lot less than $6,000.

thanks in advance for the downvote, doctor jones.

So sad.

#4701 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Decent player and all-around great guy Bowen Kerins will be streaming TNA tomorrow, Friday 2/2 around 10 AM Spooky time (central).
http://twitch.tv/ontilt
See you in chat?

10 AM on a Friday? Don't you people work?! Hope they post it on youtube

#4704 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's 10 AM on a Thursday, why aren't YOU working?

I can check in occasionally. MUCH different than sitting down to watch a stream session.

#4720 1 year ago

Will this be posted on youtube? PLEASE!!!!!

#4759 1 year ago

boombookaboombookaboombookaboomBEEP
BOOMbookaBOOMbookaBOOMbookaBOOMBEEP!

#4810 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

What's with all the strange numbers? Aren't they building batches of 50? And at some point they'll do a last call and do a final batch of 50 and sell off what's left over time?

I think there is a bet going on as to how many TNAs are going to get sold. It was on a Spooky podcast when the orders opened up, I believe.

#4832 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't find any of the new games actually casual friendly. I think pinball people forget just how confusing these games are to people who don't play them, and often don't realize there are even rules, let alone ideas like "starting a mode".
Like Star Wars for instance, that game isn't remotely friendly to someone who doesn't play. What exactly are they supposed to figure out how to do if they don't grasp the basics already? We're talking about people who don't know you can start a 4 player game on a pin, who don't understand what "lock is lit" means. These lock in your multiplier rules are greek to them.

I would argue that some of the rules in today's games are difficult to grasp even for the seasoned players. I have family members come over and play occasionally, and they have no idea what locking a ball is, what modes are, what anything is really. Once I explain there is a rhyme and reason, a light bulb turns on in their head and they start to see it. You don't get that "coaching" with location play.

#4849 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

As for TNA and topic at hand; i still need to get down to Ayce and give it a roll. I love what i see from all the streams though.

The hype is real, my friend. The hype is real...

Seriously though. If/when you do get a chance to play it, take a minute to watch attract mode (a few minutes actually). Then plug in your quarters, enjoy the music, and have a blast playing it. Bring friends.

#4865 1 year ago

I wonder if Comet's super flasher would be bright enough?
http://www.cometpinball.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=8SMDG18TOWER

1 week later
#4931 1 year ago

Here it is guys and gals. v1.1.0!
Changelog:
v1.1.0 – 02/21/2018 – Scott Danesi
## Bugs Fixed ##
– Fixed issue with attract frames loading 2 times on reset. This will slightly speed up the
game over reset process. Still working on making this faster. Michael Ocean is awesome.
– Fixed small video lag at beginning of first ball in the Welcome to the Future animation.
– Removed log file issues with bonus and PNG headers (not anything anyone cares about besides me)
– Significant video performance enhancements.
– Fixed bugs in Ball Search functionality.
– Fixed hard crash when trying to do a quick restart during the bonus count.
– Fixed bug where angry player can tilt out the next player too easily.
– Cleaned up unnecessary Ballsearch log error.
– Fixed Secret Skillshot exploit.
– Fixed attract mode ballsearch so it will not keep cycling if a player is too impatient for the balls to reset and drain.
– Fixed log error when saving data files to disk.
– Fixed tilt issue where prior player tilts after bonus.
– Jackpot lightshows improved.
– Shaker now enabled and disabled properly without machine restart.
– Shaker issue when starting mystery now disables properly.
– Destroy Reactor ballsave now active when multiball is running as well.
– Fixed Avg Ball Time Calculation.
– Fixed Avg Score Calculation.
– Fixed Avg Game Time Calculation.
– Changed Coin Drop notification font.
– Updated drop target handling logic to prevent balls from getting stuck in right scoop under specific conditions.
– Fixed some other misc font issues.
– Fixed flickering GI when lane changing the skillshot.
– Fixed coin drop issue for coins with a value larger than a single credit.
## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Significant changes to asset loading resulting is quicker boot times
– Super jackpot will now add a ball into play for up to a 4 ball multiball! This also enables up to 4x playfield multipliers. Indicated with white colored flashing ball lock inserts.
– Add A Ball is limited to 1 ball added per multiball.
– Destroyed reactors now score 1 point each to store the player’s progress in the last digit of their score. Match will ignore this last digit and treat it like a 0. For example, if a player earns 100,000 points and destroys 2 reactors their score would be 100,002.
– Reworking of display animations and notifications to clean up a bunch of things.
– Lock Quickshot display and scoring updates.
– Skillshot now displays score values when awarded.
– Adjusted orbit timer from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
– Set default coil power settings to Bryan Kelly recommended settings, so you may want to update these after the update.
– Bonus now includes bonus total at end of bonus count. Also new lightshow and sound for that.
– Remastered music from the Total Nuclear Annihilation Album has been updated on the game. Also other various audio has been remastered throughout the game.
– Last game scores are now saved and recalled after a hard reboot of the game on the numeric displays. This was needed in case there was a display error that requires a machine restart so the scores are preserved.
– Locking a ball now awards 20k points.
– All LED test now can stop on specific colors when pressing the enter or start button.
– Jackpot Drop Reset Seconds is now configurable in the service menu.
– Secret Skillshot now awards a default time ball save, but allows multiple saves for the entire save time. Awesome.
– Add A Ball now enables default multiball ballsave.
– Reduced overall RAM usage of PC significantly.
– Early ball save added for cashing in a ball save on an outlane.
– Added drop target test in service mode.
– Added warning message on the display if drop target error is detected by the system.
– Added Free Game Percent to Coin Op Audits.
– Upper rollovers now advance reactor value and award a reactor shot when started.
– Added a few things to Mystery Mode
– New Tilt warning sound. Replaced the public domain missile siren with custom effect.
– Mystery awards are now stackable, meaning you can light mystery more than once and the game will keep track of it for you and you can cash it is by hitting the scoop multiple times.
– Ball save timer setting added to the add-a-ball ball save (separate from the standard ball save).
– Reactor Keypad now more evenly distributes spotted targets when targeting a new reactor.
– Ball saver will now pause for mystery award and reactor starting.
– Replay award can be selectable between Credit or Extra Ball.
– Multiball ball saver will now only save the first 3 balls drained.
– Reactor inserts now glow Orange when targeted indicating Extra Ball when applicable
– Tilt switch sensitivity added to service menu.
– Last scores now show on the LCD after game over.
– Can now scroll through the individual high score categories in attract mode.
– Music Test now tests ALL reactors.
## Download Link ##
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HjwHSLOZ_19j1hv0srQBjvt4VoFWWyk0

Looks like you've been busy! HOLEEEEE CHIT! Can't wait to play it!

#4933 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will update the game at ALT Brew later tonight
(it has already been running some beta so if you played lately then you may have seen some of this)

Just the last time I saw you there, on Friday. I thought I noticed some new things (Danger sound for one). But yeah, between watching the streams and playing randomly, it's hard to keep track of what's been changed

1 week later
#5052 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

No way the TNA production line is stopping anytime soon with orders still coming in.

I would be a sad sad boy if production slowed on TNA.

#5059 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I just paid in full for 102.

They are in the 3 digits!!! Woohoo! Here's to 163!

#5067 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sweet! Are you a butter cabinet or regular?

I didn't get invoiced if that's what you mean. I was just excited that they are in the 100s and that my number is 163. Sorry if I mislead anyone!

#5068 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I wouldn't get too excited. This may be part of an international bunch grouped together. There were some US folks in the 80's that just got theirs. This out of order numbering really makes it frustrating to estimate. I hope you are right, though because I'm getting really close to bailing on 151.

I'm am STILL incredibly excited to get this game, regardless of when it comes. I listen to several podcasts and just love listening to all of the positive comments everyone has to make. Plus the fact that I'll eventually have it in my basement is enough for me to wait patiently until the time comes. I have plenty of other machines to keep me busy, plus I have one on route to give me my fix when i need It!

#5074 1 year ago

So whose games got dropped??

#5077 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How can someone be in for awhile, but they are backing out when pins are shipping, because of the wait time? Wierd.

Buyer's remorse is what comes to mind, which happens.

#5163 1 year ago

I recommend these flipper springs. They are thick, but do not have more tension, so the flipper will still feel the same. These work great.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=774

Perhaps this is something they can install at the factory instead of us having to swap out?

#5213 1 year ago

The minions are working while spookycharlie is away??? You've trained them well!

#5231 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

My account for my next pin purchase is growing at a nice clip and I keep fighting back the urges to call KT and throw down the deposit on this.

You've been on the fence since the beginning! Reality is, is that it'll be 6-8 months if you put in now, and in that time, you can slowly pay it off, if dropping 6K at one time is a concern (it was for me). I'm #163 and we put our deposit down in October or November. I've dropped 1-1.5K here and there on it, and have planned it out where it's not such a huge dent to my account at one time. I have 1K left on the balance, and I'm waiting for my notification before it gets on the line to pay it off, and tbh, it doesn't even feel like I've put any money into it, in the grand scheme of things. You can do it!!!

(Sorry for all the commas!)

#5243 1 year ago

1 and 3 vs. 2 and 4.

God dammit Scott! You are KILLING it!

#5274 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I know it’s already selling well but this should push sales up even more. Nothing would better than ragging on your friend when he messes up after you give him a great lead or when he leaves the multiball qued up for the other team.

I was thinking this also. Always fun to have a little in-team ragging as well as team vs. team competition. I can see after a few beers how this can be great!

I would suggest for those that have this out on location, to make up an "instruction" sheet noting that these options exist, with a short description of each mode and how to start each mode. This is a new thing in pinball and won't be obvious to those outside of our little bubble.

#5301 1 year ago

Yes!!! Closer and closer!!! I'm excited!

#5304 1 year ago

Butter cab vs decals? Location vs home?

#5311 1 year ago
Quoted from venom112:

Was going to buy one of these but they are now quoting new buyers a fall time frame. I think slow production is going to hurt spooky in the long run as there will be probably 4 new pins out or announced by then. It’s too bad there is such a long turn around

There may be 4 new games coming out, but none of them are TNA.

#5354 1 year ago

Here's what is different between Spooky and other "boutique" pinball manufacturers. They are established. To me, there is no question as to whether or not I will get my copy, it's a matter of when. No, they're not Stern, or JJP. No they're not Dutch, or Heighway. And that's a good thing! They are Spooky LLC. They are small, but they are making machines! They are not super high end JJP. They are not cookie-cutter Stern. They are not "take my money and leave me guessing" Dutch or Heighway. They are "put a non-refundable deposit down, and you will get your machine" Spooky.

And of course, Scott Danesi is awesome!

#5357 1 year ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

I too would’ve been happy with receiving a whitewood machine. It was ALWAYS about the gameplay/music with TNA.
Getting all the retro-futuristic decor and polish was just an added bonus.
Even after playing the whitewood again one year later at TPF 18’, it still kicks ass!

Scott had me at whitewood.<3

#5439 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Huge hit? Spookys best to date but under 400 is not a hell of alot?

Punctuation saves lives. In this case, it really doesn't tell us what you're saying? I don't get it?

#5463 1 year ago

One suggestion for the criticism of only utilizing the lower pf, is to make that you have to hit the 123 targets or the RAD targets (or both) in addition to nailing the drops in order to qualify locks. This makes you shoot for the upper pf other than to overheat the reactor, and just makes qualifying locks more dangerous, even moreso than the game already is.

1 week later
#5531 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

awesome and congrats!
Cool to see they are almost at 400... only 30 more to go

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Actually only 10 more to go
-Mike

Math is not his strong suit

#5533 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not looking to by #400 as my second one...

Well played sir

#5546 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice! You've got the modern no licensed theme lineup right there.

Let's hope for more!

#5548 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

just making them until people stop buying them

#5558 1 year ago

Mine will be next to a Paragon and a Flash Gordon

#5593 1 year ago

bryan_kelly posted a few in this thread and the club thread. You should be able to see pics in the image archive.

#5626 1 year ago

It's getting closer to my number...but I'm trying really hard to not freak out right now...I feel like a kid a few days before Christmas!

#5646 1 year ago

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:Aiming for that every 2 weeks, 50 a month. We're admittedly a little short of that right now. Between 10 and 12 a week but gaining speed.
Doing our best...
Now how the hell am I ever gonna get to Chunk level?! And what does that even mean now????

If this is the case, then that means 160s will be ready by mid-May??!!

#5692 1 year ago

The shooter rod mod looks nice, but isn't very functional. If I had to guess, it's about 2.5 inches in diameter, and does not feel good in the hand. Seeing as this game has a "no-hands" skill shot in the top rollover lanes, and a regular skill shot in the same lanes, plus a lot of manual plunges to catch a short plunge (if you so choose) before the automatic full plunge, i would recommend forgoing the custom plunger...in case you were wondering if it was worth the cost.

1 week later
#5796 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just got my notice.

What's your number?!?!

#5818 1 year ago

A few more getting delivered! Per their FB page, 14 machines. Don't know how to link it!

#5838 1 year ago

I'm 163 so in the same boat. I have a shaker and will be ordering mirror blades in the next week or so.

#5863 1 year ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My enthusiasm for this game used to be so high but the wait is killing it. Thought when Spooky broke 100 things were going to start moving faster.

Play some pinball! The more you sit around "waiting", the worse it'll be. You'll get your game! It'll be in your hands before you know it. Yes waiting does suck, but I try not to think about it or let it ruin my enjoyment of the hobby.

#5876 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

As someone who will play this primarily as a single player game, I'm interested to hear how you do with it as I believe you're in a similar boat. It's the only thing that worries me about it.

I'm not sure why single player is concerning. If you enjoy any brutal early SS games, this is right up your alley. I have Paragon and Flash Gordon, both brutal, both get a ton of plays. I would get more if they were available nearby and I had the space.

Deep rulesets don't equate to longevity. I actually get a little bored with long playing deep games.

#5878 1 year ago

To add, it really depends on the style of pinball you like playing. It's not for everyone; it plays just as well single player, as it does multiplayer. I'm most looking forward to Co-Op mode to get my non-pinhead friends and family involved and paying attention to rulesets, albeit a simple one.

#5880 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

It has nothing to do with long playing games - I don't like those either. It's the rule set - for example, MET isn't long playing but there are so many shots and a number of modes. That's the only hesitation as you have 1 "mode" you're continuously doing, and 1 MB. It's simple but effective no doubt. I just only play single player so it's even more on my radar b/c of that....

If you enjoy early SS games, you'll enjoy TNA.

#5891 1 year ago
Quoted from klr650:

YEGPIN (Edmonton Pinball & Arcade Expo) starts today!!!
There are going to be two TNA's there! I'm so excited, I've been up since 3:30! As soon as those doors open I will have to remember not to body check anyone between me and that game!!!!!!!

Report back when you get your number

#5896 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I played this at Atlantic Trap and Gill in Calgary last weekend, I played about 8 games, that thing kicked my ass, I loved it!!! Hit about 665,000 and I was pretty proud of that since a bad game can net you about 23,000 lol. Awesome sound, loved the depth to hearing the music, I almost found myself tapping my foot non-stop to the beat.

I almost always take a few seconds to bob my head to the music. Never fails. I must do it subconsciously. All I can say is that this game will be loud when I get mine...

#5908 1 year ago

Good thing I'm close enough that I can pick mine up and say hi to Charlie..

#5939 1 year ago

Hopefully i'm in this batch that people are talking about. I won't try to get excited until I get my email though. I don't like to get overly excited lol.
*checks email every 3 minutes*

#5941 1 year ago

It's been 9 months since I sent a deposit in August 2017. I'd have to see when production for the game actually started, but I want to say the first machine was delivered within the next few weeks to Ed Robertson's.

#5944 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

If they stuck to the 25 at a time - 150 is probably the cap so we will have a few weeks yet...

But they did produce "out of order" so there may be a chance...???????

#5988 1 year ago

Oh man. It's starting to get real...!!! Still waiting for my email!

#5996 1 year ago

I think we can all agree (from multiple accounts) that TNA is a solidly built machine with a few needed tweaks here and there. From what I've gathered from NIB machines (never had a NIB before) this is completely normal. I know that for any machine I bring in, I always set my slings and pop bumpers to hair-trigger sensitivity. Seems par for the course for this machine as well.

And for a love of pinball, let's keep Heighway out of this thread! There's already a thread for that whole shitshow.

#6003 1 year ago

Nice looking house. Theater is eating too much space though

#6007 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Most people say that about the pool table.

This is your place? If I were in the market, I'd be looking!

#6010 1 year ago