Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 145.
#2501 6 years ago

Stream looked great, was very gratifying to see so many people in the chat appreciating the game. The more this gets played the more believers there are going to be. Great job Jack, and of course hats off to Scott and Spooky and everyone who played tonight.

#2502 6 years ago

How much fun does this game look to play with friends?
Does the game come with free friends with every purchase?

#2503 6 years ago

The excitement during the stream was intense (as well as the soundtrack). I'll admit it, I drank the Kool aid. I'm in on the early part of Batch #4.

#2504 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The excitement during the stream was intense (as well as the soundtrack). I'll admit it, I drank the Kool aid. I'm in on the early part of Batch #4.

I sometimes wonder about 'enthusiasm' at these events after all Jetsons looks meh and yet they're going to say it's 'fun', they really have to. But I sincerely believe TNA is real fun and I'm buying before I've played it, because I've scarcely heard a bad thing about it.

The idea that the Jetsons costs the same as TNA that's rediculious.

I am glad to support Spooky and think Stern has lost its track lately with both QC and creativity while changing more money.

#2505 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Scott being on Reactor 4 was a great moment! Can't imagine how intense it would be past that!
I just got my refund for cancelling Star Wars LE and I am very close to pulling the trigger.

The game doesn't look like it really can be exploited score/progression wise.
My question to those who have played it.
What is stopping people from just going for multiball all the time? is the shot too hard to hit consistently?

#2506 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

What is stopping people from just going for multiball all the time?

I'm curious about this as well.

#2507 6 years ago

I am pretty sure you can Overheat a reactor and blow up a reactor while in multiball.
But I dont think you can qualify, or start a reactor while in multiball.

#2508 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I sometimes wonder about 'enthusiasm' at these events after all Jetsons looks meh and yet they're going to say it's 'fun', they really have to. But I sincerely believe TNA is real fun and I'm buying before I've played it, because I've scarcely heard a bad thing about it.
The idea that the Jetsons costs the same as TNA that's rediculious.
I am glad to support Spooky and think Stern has lost its track lately with both QC and creativity while changing more money.

They're always gonna have fun on streamed events and in no way shape form going to dog a game they were brought in to advertise. But there was an elevated sense of excitement in the room, chat, and home observing when TNA was being played compared to other past DF streams of other new pins.

#2509 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I am pretty sure you can Overheat a reactor and blow up a reactor while in multiball.

You can start a reactor while in multiball I believe you just don't get the same thing where the ball stops in the scoop and an animation plays.

I think multiball is a huge part of progressing in this game but every shot is a risky shot if you accidentally hit the posts or standup targets and you hit the pop bumper or slings..

#2510 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Would be cool if there was a bonus multiball in the game that kept all the board rules live (except the main multiball). Maybe after destroying reactor 5, or a certain # of combos, or something.

#2511 6 years ago

Game looks like it plays great. Congrats to the design team. Really dig the music.

#2512 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Would be cool if there was a bonus multiball in the game that kept all the board rules live (except the main multiball). Maybe after destroying reactor 5, or a certain # of combos, or something.

Warp 9.9!

#2513 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

They're always gonna have fun on streamed events and in no way shape form going to dog a game they were brought in to advertise. But there was an elevated sense of excitement in the room, chat, and home observing when TNA was being played compared to other past DF streams of other new pins.

I agree, but this one seemed different. The way the orders were coming in was pretty crazy. The whole "family" atmosphere. And when I called to order (was lucky #5 to get free shaker) I could hear all the excitement in background. I had to wait 20 minutes to talk because they were getting so many calls. So, not just Jack Danger, but the whole "event" is what really got me excited. And I have never ordered without playing, but it looks fantastic and I have not heard one negative...except maybe the art which I love, personally.

#2514 6 years ago

Oops, quoted the wrong comment, but hopefully my point gets through. It's late...lol.

#2515 6 years ago

Here is the YouTube vid!
What a fun night, with some great folks.
Always a great time at Spooky!

#2516 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

What is stopping people from just going for multiball all the time? is the shot too hard to hit consistently?

MB is avail to each player at the start of every ball. it is very straight forward. complete/steal the two captures and then release them. the problem/difficulty comes when trying to requalify a second MB on the same ball. my understanding is [as mentioned on the broadcast today] once the initial MB returns to single ball play, one must complete the inline drop targets and then visit the scoop [assuming the upper right one]. at that time, i'm guessing one has lock two balls and then release them again [7 total shots]. or maybe two balls are simply fired via auto-launch once the drop targets>scoop sequence is completed [4 shots]. I don't know. in all the hours of avail video, I can't recall seeing anyone play a second MB on the same ball.

so, the first MB is quite easy when compared to starting a second. it requires only 1 to 3 shots depending on the status of currently captured balls. the second MB sounds like 4-7 more shots are required.

the lock shot itself hasn't appeared very difficult on the previous whitewood streams. backhand off the right flipper was butter. today on the production prototype, the same players struggled with it. so much so, that in the early going it appeared it may not even be possible. it was higher up. players had to shot immediately from a cradled position. virtually no chance to complete if the ball had any momentum running down the flipper. a little disappointing to see.

#2517 6 years ago

Another high point in the feed was at the very end when Charlie was talking about the new PF's and how rigorously they test them.
Guess I can finally hand TNA down to my Great GREAT Grandchildren now!

Thanks Jack for the feed and Scott/Spooky for the added dedication to lovingly mass produce (as much as they can anyway...) my favorite era of pinball, with shiny 2017 trimmings!

This will most likely be the sweetest NIB machine I'll ever open.

#2518 6 years ago

Man, I want this machine!

#2519 6 years ago

Many thanks for hosting gameplay DeadFlip
I am in seriously love with this game. This could be "My 1st Spooky."

SMALL TEENY WEENIE GRIPE:
The font style used for end-of-ball bonuses. IMHO, it looks dark, out of place, and inconsistent with the rest of the killer gameplay graphics.
Also - "Free Play" is two words.

Kudos to Scott and the Spooky team! I can't count on TBL ever being made, but this would be a great replacement for it.

TNA (resized).jpgTNA (resized).jpg

#2520 6 years ago

Curious to see if any of the artwork detractor's change opinion after seeing this video. I absolutely love the light show and what it does to the plastics.

This game looks like so much fun!

#2521 6 years ago

Just caught the archive of the stream. Seeing this fully coded up and with the art in place really elevated it beyond what I already thought was a killer package. I had a blast with it at TPF, and I'd really like to get more time on it now.

#2522 6 years ago

at the end of Thursday's stream Scott reviewed some audit stats. in particular, he cited the average ball time was :42. i documented each ball, but arrived at :54. i double checked my math and am certain the :54 is more accurate and that some glitches still exist in the game software. for comparison, i also tracked the jetsons times which were 66.5 seconds. surprisingly close. thought jetsons was going to be longer and TNA shorter. longest ball on TNA was 2:58; jetsons 4:27.

#2523 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

at the end of Thursday's stream Scott reviewed some audit stats. in particular, he cited the average ball time was :42. i documented each ball, but arrived at :54. i double checked my math and am certain the :54 is more accurate and that some glitches still exist in the game software. for comparison, i also tracked the jetsons times which were 66.5 seconds. surprisingly close. thought jetsons was going to be longer and TNA shorter. longest ball on TNA was 2:58; jetsons 4:27.

You are assuming that no games were played on the machine prior to the streaming. That could account for the difference.

#2524 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

You are assuming that no games were played on the machine prior to the streaming. That could account for the difference.

nope, he reset the audits, live on the stream before they started.

#2525 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Curious to see if any of the artwork detractor's change opinion after seeing this video. I absolutely love the light show and what it does to the plastics.
This game looks like so much fun!

I am not an art detractor but have said the art was just good not GREAT.

But the lighting really makes up for that, so that the lights work with the art.

I mean when it's off the art is kind of basic but it comes alive with lights when playing.

#2526 6 years ago

Cost wise TNA = AFMR so it was a debate for that, I've played AFM and the remake they are great pins. However I believe that some of my pins resemble AFM (ramps and loops)

AcDc
IM
Met pro
SM
ST

That's half of my lineup, I'm not counting TWD pro as it's kind of off with bash toy and less conventional than the above pins.

So I figured to get a unique to me layout for a change of pace.

#2527 6 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

SMALL TEENY WEENIE GRIPE:
The font style used for end-of-ball bonuses. IMHO, it looks dark, out of place, and inconsistent with the rest of the killer gameplay graphics.

You could be right. One thing to keep in mind when watching the stream is that the brightness was lowered on that particular camera to keep the segment displays from blasting out the brightness, thus you not being able to read the score.

#2528 6 years ago

DMD display might still get some tweaking (I hope).

#2529 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Cost wise TNA = AFMR

where can I get a AFMr for 5995?

#2530 6 years ago

Thank you everyone for the kind words and suggestions! I, and the team working on this project, really appreciate it. Last night was a blast! Don't worry, this code is still beta and I am working very hard on fixing any bugs and free play misspellings (oops). Haha. The display graphics and text are also not finished. Lots more cool stuff coming before production machines leave the factory. You will not be disappointed. Thank you again!

#2531 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

where can I get a AFMr for 5995?

It's $500 difference why do you need to make an issue about every little thing?

Not sure if you're even aware of how you come off with all your condescending posts.

Plus if adding Butter paint, shaker, side art etc.. TNA is $7200.

#2532 6 years ago

The game really looks incredible! Great work Scott and Spooky! The sound and light show on this pin is really taking it to another level. Can't wait to hopefully play one soon!

#2533 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not sure if you're even aware of how you come off with all your condescending posts.
Plus if adding Butter paint, shaker, side art etc.. TNA is $7400

It's really a $900 difference since I doubt anyone is getting AFMR without the color upgrade.

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Plus if adding Butter paint, shaker, side art etc.. TNA is $7400

I was asking a legit quesiton as I know sometimes distributors blow stuff out when not selling well.

The way you claimed it, AFMr was 5995 which is clearly the price for TnA, not 7400 like you are now saying.

#2535 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The game really looks incredible! Great work Scott and Spooky! The sound and light show on this pin is really taking it to another level. Can't wait to hopefully play one soon!

it really does look amazing, the art with the light show is beyond great!

I am excited to see how things continue to progress on the code and Scott really brings his full vision to reality!
This game is my answer to the thread of "what keeps you in pinball?" TnA does!

#2536 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you everyone for the kind words and suggestions! I, and the team working on this project, really appreciate it. Last night was a blast! Don't worry, this code is still beta and I am working very hard on fixing any bugs and free play misspellings (oops). Haha. The display graphics and text are also not finished. Lots more cool stuff coming before production machines leave the factory. You will not be disappointed. Thank you again!

Amazing project Scott! Thanks for bringing classic pinball gameplay back with mindblowing modern touches! #85 here!

Coupla thoughts after watching the stream:

One thing I kept thinking watching the stream is how cool it would be if the white gi would pulsate slightly to the beat, maybe not all the time but certain times or even just while the ball was in the trough before plunging if it would be too distracting (pulsate = slight graduated dimming and brightening).

One other thought is I love the spinner sound but how cool would it be if the sound changed/increased in pitch etc. during a spin (maybe ending in a bass drop if you really nailed it) ala BK's lit spinner. Dynamic spinner sounds really bring a game to life.

Of course, your game and it's looking great, just thought I'd throw those out there.

#2537 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

One other thought is I love the spinner sound but how cool would it be if the sound changed/increased in pitch etc. during a spin (maybe ending in a bass drop if you really nailed it) ala BK's lit spinner. Dynamic spinner sounds really bring a game to life.

thumbs up idea!

#2538 6 years ago

Put my deposit down last night, pretty excited to get this in the lineup

#2539 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Put my deposit down last night, pretty excited to get this in the lineup

i am shocked that you waited that long. i would have thought you would have been in the first 10 or so.

either way, nice job! can't wait to see a TnA Olympic style game!

#2540 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

i am shocked that you waited that long. i would have thought you would have been in the first 10 or so.

The TNA olympic event is play with a fuel rod down the back of your shirt, like Homer Simpson.

#2541 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The way you claimed it, AFMr was 5995

I never said AFM was $5995 you can read my post, I just pointing out that anyone who could afford $5995 could likely afford $6495 for an AFM it's just 8% more.

Also many are getting the cabinet upgrade for TNA like me, so TNA will be $6995 plus side art, shaker etc.

#2542 6 years ago

I just hope when my TNA finally makes it home that the Grand Champion score is still logged as LIONMAN!!!

#2543 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I figured to get a unique to me layout for a change of pace.

I think that's one of the best things going for TNA...it's not another rehash. It's new and exciting. If I were in your position, I'd go for TNA then look at selling SM to fund a AFM. Whatever you decide, the fact that TNA vs AFM is a debate is a tribute to how good TNA is.

#2544 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I was in since before day one, just the first time I saw Charlie since the official announcement

#2545 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

the fact that TNA vs AFM is a debate is a tribute to how good TNA is

Truth.

TNA is a game I want to play with my friends.

Nobody stands around for 10 minutes while someone just destroys the playfield, the music keeps the energy high, and the light show is very entertaining.

#2546 6 years ago

A lot of amazing progress from the whitewood without losing any of the "magic". Well done Scott.

#2547 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Interesting. I am curious, were you including bonus tally, reactor starting animations, ball saves. etc?
--Scott

#2548 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

there were 99 balls played in the stream, which exactly matched the final audit.

#2549 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

there were 99 balls played in the stream, which exactly matched the final audit.

Yes, I reset the audits before the stream.

#2550 6 years ago

So awesome scott!! Well done. So glad a game with electronic music is now a real thing. Such a perfect genre for pinball imo. Keep it coming! Would love to see more of your work make it into the game and maybe have a shuffle feature to allow mere mortals (or location regulars) a taste of all the music tracks associated with the reactors.

Thanks again for making this awesome game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.