Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 145.
#7201 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I’ve completely missed this topic on chipping paint. Was it in earlier parts of this thread or it’s own topic? Link so I can read up?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-nuclear-annihilation-cluball-welcome/page/75#post-4654312

This is the issue. His fix didn't work and many of us have chunks missing after as little as 50 plays. Look through that thread for pics. Current fix for the problem is that they'll send washers to put under the posts. Obviously, that doesnt fix my missing paint.

Charlie has said they've since discovered the issue and corrected it on the last few playfields but hasn't said what it was.

#7202 5 years ago

Yes I am talking about the playfield chipping - both Charlie and KT reached out with an assurance that if it gets worse they will do something. I still don’t understand what caused this or who is affected by it - If I compare to a much less serious issue with ghostbusters - stern sent me an entire playfield at their expense, so the bar was set high...

Regards,
Neil

2 months later
#7204 4 years ago

Earplug mod that sukka.

#7205 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Charlie has said they've since discovered the issue and corrected it on the last few playfields but hasn't said what it was.

which is why I won't buy another game from them.

#7206 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

both Charlie and KT reached out with an assurance that if it gets worse they will do something.

And we have and will continue to do so. We hate that any of this happened, but everyone who has contacted us has been helped.

And I can assure you that much bigger companies margins are MUCH better than ours, so sending out a replacement board doesn't hurt them nearly as much as it does us (or the vendor making them). Fortunately, the vast majority of people were satisfied with the neoprene washer fix and we thank them profusely for understanding the situation. For those who needed more, they got that too.

If you start pulling star posts from virtually any game you're going to see some level of "damage" under there in ALL eras of games. Obviously this was beyond normal and we didn't hide from Pinside and pretend it didn't exist like many would or have. And we're not knocking anyone else ANYWHERE for playfield issues. Absolutely EVERY company has had them to 1 degree or another. It is simply the most complicated and hardest part of manufacturing in a pinball machine. We spare ZERO dollars trying to make our boards the best in the industry, and they have for the most part lived up to our expectations.

The problem HAS been corrected, and we aren't hard to find. Doing our best everyone... every day.

#7207 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Earplug mod that sukka.

I swear it's swinging exactly in time to the music!!!

#7208 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

And we have and will continue to do so. We hate that any of this happened, but everyone who has contacted us has been helped.
And I can assure you that much bigger companies margins are MUCH better than ours, so sending out a replacement board doesn't hurt them nearly as much as it does us (or the vendor making them). Fortunately, the vast majority of people were satisfied with the neoprene washer fix and we thank them profusely for understanding the situation. For those who needed more, they got that too.
If you start pulling star posts from virtually any game you're going to see some level of "damage" under there in ALL eras of games. Obviously this was beyond normal and we didn't hide from Pinside and pretend it didn't exist like many would or have. And we're not knocking anyone else ANYWHERE for playfield issues. Absolutely EVERY company has had them to 1 degree or another. It is simply the most complicated and hardest part of manufacturing in a pinball machine. We spare ZERO dollars trying to make our boards the best in the industry, and they have for the most part lived up to our expectations.
The problem HAS been corrected, and we aren't hard to find. Doing our best everyone... every day.

Charlie thanks for responding.

Regards,
Neil.

#7209 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

which is why I won't buy another game from them.

But you'll keep buying Sterns because Gary is so vocal about all their problems? Makes sense.

As much as I've said here about this issue, I still respect Charlie for what he has come out and said, and understand he may not want to detail the mistakes made in a public forum. It's on me that I haven't phoned him personally to discuss it.

#7210 4 years ago

SpookyCharlie Will replacement fields be purchasable? (I meant to ask you this at TPF, but.. you were busy, and KT looked like she was having a heck of a migraine).

#7211 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I swear it's swinging exactly in time to the music!!!

Yes it was. It was going for 2 minutes before I got the camera out! Was wondering why it was tilting so easily.

#7212 4 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

spookycharlie Will replacement fields be purchasable? (I meant to ask you this at TPF, but.. you were busy, and KT looked like she was having a heck of a migraine).

Yes they are just email me. Yes I was not feeling the best lol the cold "plague" has run rampant in our family and shop.

#7213 4 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

But you'll keep buying Sterns because Gary is so vocal about all their problems? Makes sense.
As much as I've said here about this issue, I still respect Charlie for what he has come out and said, and understand he may not want to detail the mistakes made in a public forum. It's on me that I haven't phoned him personally to discuss it.

Stern have resolved every issue I've had with a game except the launch on IMDN which I know they are working on but I was impatient and fixed it myself. In fairness up until this issue Spooky had also resolved issues I'd had with TNA and sent out new opto's for the trough.

Charlie says the problem is fixed - what I don't know is if I need the fix or if the washers are enough because I don't know what the problem was. I believe circa 75% of the games made have this problem but again we don't know that for sure (so those like the poor chap on the club thread buys a game that's in a shocking state).

Stern shipped an entire Ghostbusters premium play field to me in the UK at their expense to replace a play field problem (ghosting that was super less worse than the TNA playfield problem IMHO). They have replaced several other parts that failed, CGC replaced a failed part without problem and notified me proactively about the SOL issue. JJP replaced the entire game mainboard without problem on my Dialed in.

I don't have an issue with problems occurring I'm just not super convinced the solution has long term viability I also recognise that Spooky is a small company.

Neil.

#7214 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Stern have resolved every issue I've had with a game except the launch on IMDN which I know they are working on but I was impatient and fixed it myself. In fairness up until this issue Spooky had also resolved issues I'd had with TNA and sent out new opto's for the trough.
Charlie says the problem is fixed - what I don't know is if I need the fix or if the washers are enough because I don't know what the problem was. I believe circa 75% of the games made have this problem but again we don't know that for sure (so those like the poor chap on the club thread buys a game that's in a shocking state).
Stern shipped an entire Ghostbusters premium play field to me in the UK at their expense to replace a play field problem (ghosting that was super less worse than the TNA playfield problem IMHO). They have replaced several other parts that failed, CGC replaced a failed part without problem and notified me proactively about the SOL issue. JJP replaced the entire game mainboard without problem on my Dialed in.
I don't have an issue with problems occurring I'm just not super convinced the solution has long term viability I also recognise that Spooky is a small company.
Neil.

Sounds like there's a problem with every game you purchased. People like getting over on people and get things for free. When they do it in stores it shoplifting, at work it's embezzlement and when done by a purchaser it's consumer fraud. JUST SAYING.

#7215 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Sounds like there's a problem with every game you purchased. People like getting over on people and get things for free. When they do it in stores it shoplifting, at work it's embezzlement and when done by a purchaser it's consumer fraud. JUST SAYING.

And making a false defamatory accusation is libelous. Did you do your homework before calling this guy a fraud?

What is it about anonymous Internet forums that makes people be complete a-holes to each other?

#7216 4 years ago

On a positive note -- I've had the game for 40 some days and still love it. My wife plays every day too and we play a lot of co-op. Co-op mode is so fun! My wife knocked down reactor five all by herself today starting with no progress on her ball (in co-op, neither of us are knocking down reactor five yet on solo games yet). It was pretty intense.

#7217 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

No, I've bought a lot more than 4 new games in the last year! JUST SAYING!

#7218 4 years ago

has production ended? what is the total games made ?

#7219 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

has production ended? what is the total games made ?

for now.

550 i believe

#7220 4 years ago

Funny story from the other day ...

The wife (who is into pinball - but not like me and Danni are ..) challenged me to a game of Rob Zombie. We had a game and she got a good beat down (lol) and then she looks at the Batman 66 next to it and said ...

“Hey! How come this Rob Zombie playfield looks like new and this Batman one has all dents and looks dull and really shitty and old?”

Hahaha! The Bm66 is a year newer than the RZ and has probably half as many plays as RZ.

Both my AMH and TNA also look like new after hundreds of competition games on them.

Star post damage isn’t good - but it does happen, I’ve seen it on some older games. Very unfortunate that it happened on some of the TNAs. But from my experience the Spooky PFs are the best current ones out there. I don’t know who makes them but they’re pretty darn good.

rd

#7221 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Funny story from the other day ...
The wife (who is into pinball - but not like me and Danni are ..) challenged me to a game of Rob Zombie. We had a game and she got a good beat down (lol) and then she looks at the Batman 66 next to it and said ...
“Hey! How come this Rob Zombie playfield looks like new and this Batman one has all dents and looks dull and really shitty and old?”
Hahaha! The Bm66 is a year newer than the RZ and has probably half as many plays as RZ.
Both my AMH and TNA also look like new after hundreds of competition games on them.
Star post damage isn’t good - but it does happen, I’ve seen it on some older games. Very unfortunate that it happened on some of the TNAs. But from my experience the Spooky PFs are the best current ones out there. I don’t know who makes them but they’re pretty darn good.
rd

As an owner of both TNA and bm66 this story makes me happy and sad.

#7222 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

As an owner of both TNA and bm66 this story makes me happy and sad.

Man ... tell me about it. I like all brands - Stern make some great pins. But anyone who says that the quality hasn’t gone backwards is just fooling themselves. The BM66 cabinet split at 3 corners, needed gluing and screwing to repair it. Playfield looks like it’s 25 years old. Well, it doesn’t - because my 25 year old games look a lot better.

In saying that, I love playing it. Great game. As are most of the current releases. The code these days leaves all the old pins in the dust.

My Aerosmith looks great still, and the cabinet hasn’t fallen apart.

I think it’s very much “luck of the draw” these days.

rd

#7223 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think it’s very much “luck of the draw” these days.

Absolutely true! i was lucky all around, zero problems with my sterns besides normal modest dimpling. TNA has slight playfield damage under the posts but all in all i consider all of this pretty normal.

Hope it'll stay like that with future purchases!

1 month later
#7224 4 years ago

Trying to update my software but nothing is happening.

I have the .pkg file on my USB stick. Insert with pin off, turn the machine on and nothing happens?

#7225 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Trying to update my software but nothing is happening.
I have the .pkg file on my USB stick. Insert with pin off, turn the machine on and nothing happens?

File must be labeled correctly if you have multiple TNA updates on your computer it might have put a number after the latest code update . The game will not find the update if it has anything changed in the name of the file.

#7226 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

File must be labeled correctly if you have multiple TNA updates on your computer it might have put a number after the latest code update . The game will not find the update if it has anything changed in the name of the file.

File name is exactly as it should be. I have never dowloaded a TNA file before today.

#7227 4 years ago

Check the properties .
Last update I did was in February (so not sure if I have the very latest code ) but it should look something like this .

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpegE67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
#7228 4 years ago

Up and running. Had to use an old, cheap and small (only 1 GB!) USB stick and it worked like a charm. The other stick was 16GB.

#7229 4 years ago

Nice ! If you haven’t played co-op yet I highly recommend it . Invite some people over and see how far you can get as a group .

#7230 4 years ago

I could be on drugs but I could swear I was just awarded “50,000 Points” from the Mystery award and my score went from 500k to 515k.

I got gypped 35k!

#7231 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I could be on drugs but I could swear I was just awarded “50,000 Points” from the Mystery award and my score went from 500k to 515k.
I got gypped 35k!

Lol, don't expect that machine to help you. Mine hates me. Been stuck trying to get past 6th reactor for a while now. Absolutely getting my monies worth tho.
-Mike

#7232 4 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Lol, don't expect that machine to help you. Mine hates me. Been stuck trying to get past 6th reactor for a while now. Absolutely getting my monies worth tho.
-Mike

Me too! Best game ever!

3 months later
#7233 4 years ago

So ...Am I to understand that there is a charity auction. for this game next month?

#7234 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

So ...Am I to understand that there is a charity auction. for this game next month?

Yes sir. We will be auctioning off TNA #550 at the Pinball Life Open House on Friday October 18th benefiting the JDRF Foundation. I think they are going to make me auction it off. haha

Pinball Life Open House tickets go on sale Friday Sept. 13. 100% of the money from these ticket sales are also going to the JDRF Foundation.

--Scott

#7235 4 years ago

So I have seen in other threads hints at the following. Anyone want to confirm or deny?

1) Spooky is now taking names for "a list" . Possibly a waiting list for new production?
2) Another run of TNA will have different art of some kind. Be it simply cabinet, or something else.

#7236 4 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So I have seen in other threads hints at the following. Anyone want to confirm or deny?
1) Spooky is now taking names for "a list" . Possibly a waiting list for new production?
2) Another run of TNA will have different art of some kind. Be it simply cabinet, or something else.

1) I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I was wrong, there is an "interested list".
2) The art would be the same (all of it). If anything is different, it would be just bolt on stuff that is different that you could add to the first run games if you wanted.

--Scott

#7237 4 years ago

It's really cool to see Scott, Charlie and KT on this site. Wish this was more common then it is today. Actually getting to hear from the people that make a product and are invested in their customers is rare.

I will be rooting for Spooky Pinball!

#7238 4 years ago

I'd love another run later on of TNA!
Absolutely want one, validated by the wife, but no money right now! (And no distro in Switzerland as far as I know)

Or Spooky would be glad to have a free point of sale and test in Switzerland in our club?

#7239 4 years ago

I have been corrected, it looks like Spooky is taking people's names and putting them on an "interested list".

--Scott

#7240 4 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Yes sir. We will be auctioning off TNA #550 at the Pinball Life Open House on Friday October 18th benefiting the JDRF Foundation. I think they are going to make me auction it off. haha
Pinball Life Open House tickets go on sale Friday Sept. 13. 100% of the money from these ticket sales are also going to the JDRF Foundation.
--Scott

So there will be not other Runs of TNA - Just 550 of those were made??

#7241 4 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

So there will be not other Runs of TNA - Just 550 of those were made??

Up in the air. Enough interest they could do another run. Spooky always left it open and never said they will never make more.

#7242 4 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

Up in the air. Enough interest they could do another run. Spooky always left it open and never said they will never make more.

That could hurt the sale on the #550 -- But it does not matter its for charity - I know when I bought the #150 AMH -- I did not care -- It was for a good cause. Very cool - I will be there

#7243 4 years ago

I think another run IS going to happen but doubtful it will happen anytime before 2021. At least what I can tell.

So game #550 will sell easy and bring in several thousand dollars for a good cause.

#7244 4 years ago

I agree, the fact that there may be another run of TNA one day will not affect this auction since anything over cost is being donated. This game will be a bit special always.
--Scott

#7245 4 years ago

Scott, when a new run of TNA is announced I want in..

#7246 4 years ago

--Scott

Are you selling raffle tickets for the game?
or tickets to the open house, with an auction for the game at the open house?
Do you have to be there?

#7247 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Are you selling raffle tickets for the game?
or tickets to the open house, with an auction for the game at the open house?
Do you have to be there?

Tickets are to get into the PBL event. The auction will happen during the PBL event. Pretty sure you have to be present.

1 month later
#7248 4 years ago

My upper flipper stopped working - It was working perfectly, then over one game it went from being lazy to not going at all.

Switch test shows flipper button switches operating properly.
Coil test - flipper works

So seeing as it is after hours in Wisconsin (Halloween here in NZ, a big day for Spooky tomorrow I guess), I thought someone in the community might be able to tell me what I should be looking at in between the board the flipper switch reports too (presumably all working as it reports good on the diagnostics)

And I assume everything is good from the processor to the transistor to the coil as it works on the coil test.

What is the missing link?

#7249 4 years ago

Flipper switch! Make sure both flipper switches on the left are actuating. These do not fire at the same time.

#7250 4 years ago

Flipper switch! Make sure both flipper switches on the left are actuating. These do not fire at the same time.

Thanks Scott. But they both show as working in Switch Test in the diagnostics and with the multi meter. It's a mystery

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods
Other
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals
Decals
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 20.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.