Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 145.
#1601 6 years ago

My AMH is lonely... we may have a sibling!

#1602 6 years ago

Congrats to all involved, and FWIW coming from this rando, don't change a thing!

Of all machines released since I fell into the pin trap in 2014, TNA is the first that has me seriously considering how to take the NIB plunge.

It probably can't/won't happen, but then again, how much is a kidney worth these days?

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Congrats to all involved, and FWIW coming from this rando, don't change a thing!
Of all machines released since I fell into the pin trap in 2014, TNA is the first that has me seriously considering how to take the NIB plunge.
It probably can't/won't happen, but then again, how much is a kidney worth these days?

Let me google thast for you...
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+much+is+a+kidney+worth+these+days%3F

#1604 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Now Spooky, get a Distro in Europe.

We need one here in Australia too!

#1605 6 years ago

Game looks great! Very impressive. Congratulations Scott and Spooky.

#1606 6 years ago

Dang, that looks awesome. Love how it is retro but still fresh.

#1607 6 years ago

Outstanding! Incredible looks to match incredible gameplay. I'm sure this will be #1 on many wishlists. Count me in!

Time for TNA to get its own Pinside game page.

#1608 6 years ago

nvm this post i messed up lol (drunk)

#1609 6 years ago

I also LOVE the 3D perspective of the fuel rod cooling pool in the playfield core artwork! Very well done, nice touch!

IMG_1325 (resized).PNGIMG_1325 (resized).PNG

#1610 6 years ago

Those of you who have played this a lot, what's the objective? Is it more racking points or is there a story/path to follow? I watched a few videos and couldn't really figure out what the goal was, is it unique or does it resemble an existing pin?

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I also LOVE the 3D perspective of the fuel rod cooling pool in the playfield core artwork!

Good eye, didn't notice that.

#1612 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Those of you who have played this a lot, what's the objective? Is it more racking points or is there a story/path to follow? I watched a few videos and couldn't really figure out what the goal was, is it unique or does it resemble an existing pin?

Objective is to destroy reactors , each is is started the same way but it takes a different random shot(shots) to destroy them . This is the main objective , but there is more than one way to reach your goals and maximize your points . It is very much a risk/reward game .

#1613 6 years ago

regarding the artwork, initially I didn't care for the back glass, but as a whole package it's very nice, retro cabinet art and PF looks great.

As to the price, it's spot on, I (likely) will but and it's cheap enough (but it passes for cheap today) I bought Iron and IM for $4700 that was in relation to games like STLE $7700 and Woz RR or DI ($9K).

To me TNA is a fully functional pin unique and distinctive for a decent price. $6K is decent money, but not off the hook, I think it needed to be less than AFM classic.

I believe it's the correct price to sell enough and yet still keep it kind of rare by cost alone, people will still buy big name brands like SW, GB, Guardians of the Galaxy etc.. but this is kind of the sweet spot just under Stern premium but just above a Stern pro.

I think (IMO) Stern pro are ok but they lack the features of TNA like the etched side rails, beacon topper, fully controlled color changing LEDs, metal apron, (probably service rails).

I have not played it, but 90% likely to buy its the price is right.

#1614 6 years ago

This pin looks sweet!! Is there a video of it in action?

#1615 6 years ago

This looks great, a fantastic achievement and a very reasonable price. I'm very happy that they are sticking with P-Roc (for selfish reasons because I want to see more money go to Multimorphic's P3 development).

Now, can I respectfully offer a couple of opinions on the overall package for the sake of discussion. Note: these are totally based on my own personal, not very important (and peculiar) tastes, they have nothing to do with the quality of the art or the massive amount of work put into this machine. Please ignore them.

I really, really love the playfield art, I love the colour and simplicity of it. I especially love the reactor core area with the neat perspective and coloured meter-thing near the flipper. I also really like the way they have integrated the inserts into the design.

Personally, for my own taste, I would prefer something simpler for the backglass which is closer in style to the playfield. Actually, a backglass which just had their game logo on it would do nicely:

TNA alternate backglass (resized).jpgTNA alternate backglass (resized).jpg

I like the side-art but I'm not a fan of the paint-like splash of colour, I'd prefer just to have the grid, the awesome reflective pinball and maybe some more geometric lines like the old Bally cabinets. I know similar paint splashes were everywhere in the 80's but that was an art-style that I never really got into.

Bally cabinet (resized).jpgBally cabinet (resized).jpg

Anyways, that's just me, there are plenty of great artwork packages out there that I just don't like for my own weird reasons. Overall though, this looks great and I wish it all the success in the world. And the stuff that I don't like about it will probably grow on me....

#1616 6 years ago

I hope there is a little art added into the LCD animations and I say that only because I want to see more of the art, its fantastic, love the futuristic retro vibe, would just be great to have more of it.

#1617 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Now Spooky, get a Distro in Europe.

And Australia...pretty please.

I love it. The 80's style is fantastic.

#1618 6 years ago

Absolutely love the playfield art, so glad they kept the laser etched siderails, machine looks awesome as a whole!

Only thing that seems missing is the small LED between the flippers. I hope ballsave timer is shown in a different way as it is a important feature on TNA.

Looking so forward to buying this game

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Absolutely love the playfield art, so glad they kept the laser etched siderails, machine looks awesome as a whole!
Only thing that seems missing is the small LED between the flippers. I hope ballsave timer is shown in a different way as it is a important feature on TNA.
Looking so forward to buying this game

I'm pretty sure it's still there...you can see a little sliver of it in one of the pics. The apron is covering it by the angle of all the shots.

#1620 6 years ago

This is so damn cool. I hope they sell thousands.
I hope this truly heralds a renaissance for unlicensed pins.

Having seen the streams, I can't imagine how fast this game is going to play with lots of clear coat.
And, can't wait to see this being used for top level competitions.

#1621 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm pretty sure it's still there...you can see a little sliver of it in one of the pics. The apron is covering it by the angle of all the shots.

Yeh, I think youre right....

20449072_1510135999047622_9012878987276399357_1 (resized).jpg20449072_1510135999047622_9012878987276399357_1 (resized).jpg

Actually, would be great to get confirmation from Spooky, what, if anything has changed from the original (apart from the obvious art, stylistic stuff). For those who've played the original, would be nice to know if anything has been cut/added.

#1622 6 years ago

The PF art reminds me of Embryon. I like it.

#1623 6 years ago

Ok, who is going to make some LED light up drops for this.....

20368814_1510135825714306_4339517953444179916_o (resized).jpg20368814_1510135825714306_4339517953444179916_o (resized).jpg

#1624 6 years ago

Benton, WI, before and after TNA announcement:
Capture d’écran 2017-07-29 à 06.43.35 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2017-07-29 à 06.43.35 (resized).png
Capture d’écran 2017-07-29 à 06.43.05 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2017-07-29 à 06.43.05 (resized).png

#1625 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Working on a mod right now. How about Fans that activate when the reactor core becomes unstable. The higher the core temp the faster the fans actually spin.

pipes (resized).jpgpipes (resized).jpg

pipes2 (resized).jpgpipes2 (resized).jpg

pipes3 (resized).jpgpipes3 (resized).jpg

#1626 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Objective is to destroy reactors , each is is started the same way but it takes a different random shot(shots) to destroy them . This is the main objective , but there is more than one way to reach your goals and maximize your points . It is very much a risk/reward game .

I started watching videos of this game and I think the concept is cool but won't this get boring? Just start the reactor, get it in, try to get it to 100%, and repeat endlessly?

#1627 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Maybe they will have optional factory lighting upgrades like on Rob Zombie?

#1628 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I started watching videos of this game and I think the concept is cool but won't this get boring? Just start the reactor, get it in, try to get it to 100%, and repeat endlessly?

Not to me..... bsd is my favorite and its brutal , shallow/repetitive

#1629 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

This pin looks sweet!! Is there a video of it in action?

#1630 6 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Not endlessly , this game has an end ( and it is awesome) . If it were easy maybe it would get old , but it is not and it doesn't.

#1631 6 years ago

Uh, is this a joke? Who is doing the artwork for this? Its off the charts bad. I thought the AMH one was horrific as well. Same artist (using term lightly).

Seriously, spend a few grand and have a real illustrator or graphic artist work on these.

#1632 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Uh, is this a joke? Who is doing the artwork for this? Its off the charts bad. I thought the AMH one was horrific as well. Same artist (using term lightly).
Seriously, spend a few grand and have a real illustrator or graphic artist work on these.

Uh, is this a joke?

Really dude? If you don't like it that's okay but your comment is a little over the top. It's supposed to look like a 1980s game complete with a 1980s techno soundtrack. As such, it's a freaking cool concept and well executed.

#1633 6 years ago

There's always one.

#1634 6 years ago

There's TONS of incredible art packages on 80's machines. Yeah some were cheesy but they were consistent.

This eye sore has line art, clip art, stock photos, water color painting, etc. all mixed together - it is just unforgivable. PICK a STYLE and run with it.

The font styles are all over the place too. It hurts my eyes and my brain to look at this mess.

Quoted from konjurer:

Uh, is this a joke?
Really dude? If you don't like it that's okay but your comment is a little over the top. It's supposed to look like a 1980s game complete with a 1980s techno soundtrack. As such, it's a freaking cool concept and well executed.

#1635 6 years ago

I don't understand why everyone has a hard on for this game. Its SO BASIC. Is it because its a few bucks cheaper than other new games?

#1636 6 years ago

Sweet avatar, art guru.

#1637 6 years ago

Game added to the database and linked to this thread.
Please check data for accuracy...
I have to find out how to add a thumbnail image! Silly me

#1638 6 years ago

Moderation notice - Just a gentle reminder - Could not agree more with the post below.

Quoted from Aurich:

A personal plea:
I am so happy for Scott and this reveal, what an amazing thing to come true after so much work.
The art on this game will not appeal to everyone. It's impossible, you can't ever make everyone happy; hand drawn, photoshopped, whatever. Some will wish it was darker and more Mad Max, some will wish it had a male hero, some people just don't like purple, whatever. That's fine!
But if it's not for you could you please find a way to express that politely? Do it for Scott, do it for the artist, do it for me, do it for Batman's dead parents. Make Pinside the place where these personal dream projects are celebrated and we can be excited.

#1639 6 years ago

Thread moved from "Homebrew" to Spooky pinball manufacturer.

#1640 6 years ago

Some 80's designs. Just sayin...

2007_0721Blackout0013.35172129_large (resized).JPG2007_0721Blackout0013.35172129_large (resized).JPG
23981-eight-ball-deluxe-limited-edition-pinball-playfield (resized).jpg23981-eight-ball-deluxe-limited-edition-pinball-playfield (resized).jpg
2008_0905Xenon0014.35173028_large (resized).JPG2008_0905Xenon0014.35173028_large (resized).JPG

dd01635568246050ba78c065a272ff28 (resized).jpgdd01635568246050ba78c065a272ff28 (resized).jpg
espf (resized).pngespf (resized).png
flipper-centaur-vf231-0ae (resized).jpgflipper-centaur-vf231-0ae (resized).jpg
High_Speed_Playfield (resized).JPGHigh_Speed_Playfield (resized).JPG

image-35 (resized).jpgimage-35 (resized).jpg

fathom10 (resized).jpgfathom10 (resized).jpg

fg-pfafter (resized).jpgfg-pfafter (resized).jpg

medusa5 (resized).jpgmedusa5 (resized).jpg

stargaz2 (resized).jpgstargaz2 (resized).jpg

#1641 6 years ago

Wow! People really do like it when you design a complete working game and trust others to do the rest.

Best wishes,
Jpop

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I don't understand why everyone has a hard on for this game. Its SO BASIC. Is it because its a few bucks cheaper than other new games?

I really admire your arcade restoration capabilities Pac but, as a pinhead, you seem to be pretty oblivious as to what makes this game so special.
First off,
TNA is FAR from basic.
It's layout is VERY deliberate.
Even in the whitewood form, it doesn't let up for a second. Pure speed and well placed angles/targets keep you sweating bullets the entire time.
(Clear coating this brutal layout is going to be even more insane.)
Sure you may control a ball or two and make a few great shots to get a bit further in the game but, most of the time you are already on your heels trying to defend what's coming back at you.
THAT's a brief glimpse into why people are getting so "hard" for this particular pin...
Plus,
Each reactor is different so it should still feel fresh in the home environment if you/we can even make it to the final one.
I only managed to get through two of them at TPF 17' and felt very satisfied in doing even that.

80's artwork Pinside-Judge-Judying aside, the addictive-yet-brutal classic gameplay, driving beats and over the top RGB light show, should be enough zazz to get the modern DMD/LCD crowd to open their 3D printed backlit wallets and hand Spooky/Scott their Stern/JJP pre-pre-order $$$.

I personally can't wait for mine to arrive after seeing the final reveal.

It's like my old Rachel McLish Bally Hardbody had late night hookup Foxfire parking lot sex with Gos from Drive while Justice was playing in the background.
Gos of course was too drunk to pull out and *thankfully* TNA was born 8 months* later...

*-1 month for not going with a pure classic Bally cab, and or, early System 9-11 cab.

#1643 6 years ago

I love it and will definetly get one in the future if possible (import) but I have two wishes (for one it's propably too late but I'll tell anyway).

It's always good to have a character/ main protagonist. And you have one, she's right there on the backglass.
On the playfield however she's completely missing altough you still habe a big open canvas where the logo of the game is slapped on.
Instead of the logo (I know what the name of the game is and is has no relevance to what is happening on the playfield at this point) I'd prefer a picture of the Gal. And since all that upfront of her is the reactor she's trying to destroy I'd like her facing it; it would fit perfectly...

I made a montage of Kaneda (the real one, not Special K) where he usually walks to his motorcycle to show what I mean!
character (resized).jpgcharacter (resized).jpg

She coming in there like this, with weaponery of course, would be great!

Secondly I wish for some awesome callouts wich are from the security guards and -again- from the main protagonist telling me what to do.

Edit: Oh, and since it's 80's don't do black legs.

#1645 6 years ago

Congrats on the reveal!

Will this have undercab RGB lighting support also? With all the RGB animation/explosions, I think that would be a great option

#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I love it and will definetly get one in the future if possible (import) but I have two wishes (for one it's propably too late but I'll tell anyway).
It's always good to have a character/ main protagonist. And you have one, she's right there on the backglass.
On the playfield however she's completely missing altough you still habe a big open canvas where the logo of the game is slapped on.
Instead of the logo (I know what the name of the game is and is has no relevance to what is happening on the playfield at this point) I'd prefer a picture of the Gal. And since all that upfront of her is the reactor she's trying to destroy I'd like her facing it; it would fit perfectly...
I made a montage of Kaneda (the real one, not Special K) where he usually walks to his motorcycle to show what I mean!

She coming in there like this, with weaponery of course, would be great!
Secondly I wish for some awesome callouts wich are from the security guards and -again- from the main protagonist telling me what to do.
Edit: Oh, and since it's 80's don't do black legs.

What you did there, that's awful.

#1647 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

What you did there, that's awful.

Try not to think of pinsides most beloved user for a sec.

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Try not to think of pinsides most beloved user for a sec.

Even so. I am just not one of those people where everything has to be an adventure and I have to pretend I'm a character. Just doesn't do anything for me. The game is the main character.

#1649 6 years ago

I'd like it better... obviously.

I mean it'd be ok the way that it is but up there in the orbit there are people (enemies) visible so why not the main character?
And the logo there doesn't serve any meaning whatsoever. So why not show the protagonist?

#1650 6 years ago

Looks great! Can somone post a side by side of the current pf and the whitewood? Would love to see the comparison.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.