Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 156 votes
    14%
  • No 219 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 324 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 63 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 44 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 34 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1142 votes by 940 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #11 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by APB_Enterprises (2 years ago)

Post #301 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by stevevt (2 years ago)

Post #360 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by trilogybeer (2 years ago)

Post #376 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by FalconPunch (2 years ago)

Post #1501 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #1502 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oohlou (2 years ago)

Post #1768 Comments from the artist about the game's art Posted by mandraws (2 years ago)

Post #2179 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2378 webcast info on TNA and Jetsons. Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #2515 YouTube vid. Great quality. Posted by DeadFlip (2 years ago)

Post #2530 Game not yet complete and more code and updates and graphics will be coming. Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #2942 Link to buy your very own sac rack! Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3056 Interview from the corn field drive. Part one and part two. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3193 Video of first production game. Thanks Deadflip. Posted by toyotaboy (2 years ago)

Post #3284 Place to order a knocker and shaker. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #3335 Good pictures! Posted by johnnyutah (2 years ago)

Post #3431 List of boards in the final game Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Post #3623 Link to buy the custom pingulp. Posted by iEatHands (2 years ago)

Post #3842 launch of interior side mirrors for TNA Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 2 years ago

I've played TA before, I am on Frax's side on this one. That said, this pinball game is freaking cool. The music and lights are fantastic.

2 weeks later
#220 2 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

Maybe we can pass the hat and pool some gas money and get Scott and Team Spooky to carpool!
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Spooky is coming to SFGE that weekend.

Scott, you should ride with Spooky and bring TA. I'll bring you at least a six pack.

1 week later
#298 2 years ago

Spooky/Scott please bring the game to SFGE.

I'd love to play this game!

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

To those who have played: what's the highest number of reactors you've destroyed in a single game? Is there currently a wizard mode for destroying the final one?

I remember hearing that when you win, the flippers go dead and the ball drains. It's a one-way mission if you succeed, you blow yourself up with all the reactors.

Seems like a fun concept!

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

The only suggestion I have is;
Somebody suck this man's dick

Get to it. Wear the green man-kini too.

#612 2 years ago

Do I have to submit proof of mullet on the SLE application?

3 weeks later
#830 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

so there's some of his DNA involved

What did you guys do to those machines?!?!?!

#902 2 years ago

Is that tracer from overwatch?

Love the way this is shaping up.

pasted_image (resized).png

3 weeks later
#1197 2 years ago

The game is at SFGE and it's awesome. Pretty much the best new game at the show.

Scott did an amazing job.

#1200 2 years ago

$6300 would be a price where the buyer wins tremendously in my eyes. Anyone who thinks this game is only worth $5k has either never played it or never looked under the playfield.

You've got people paying 10k+ for sterns and magic girl (i.e. useless girl). This game stomps B66 and MG.

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

TNA have a lot of similarities to the 1982 prototype Critical Mass by Gottlieb. It'll be fun to see this in production.
ยป YouTube video

I mean, they both use pinballs and have flippers....

TA is really nothing like that game in the video. I even heard people at SFGE refer to it as an EM which couldn't be further from the truth. Just because it's a single level playfield close to the glass, doesn't make it simple or an EM. It's a very complex modern machine.

The ruleset has all these intricate layers with very simple to understand concepts, yet is still deep and gives a lot of room for people of varying skill levels.

Let me give you an example, the inlanes and outlanes have your typical inserts that get lit when you roll through the lane, and the typical mechanic where you can move which ones are lit and unlit using the flipper buttons. Where Scott took it to another level was to tie that into a ball save mechanism that you can also store ball saves with, keeping more than one available.

As you stack up ball saves, those inserts progress through the colors of the rainbow, so red is 1 ball save, orange is 2 ball saves, etc..

To use a ball save, you move the flashing insert to the outlane the ball is about to go out and you get your ball back. If you aren't quick enough to move the flashing insert to the outlane, the ball drains with no ball save. It's a fantastic mechanic that adds in a bit of "OH SHIT ACT QUICK!!!" and gives you some exciting moments.

Pinball fans owe it to themselves to actually play this game in person and check it out. You won't be disappointed.

#1286 2 years ago

My own guess for pricing would be somewhere in the mid six-thousands, and for once in the current market I feel like that price is justified.

Even if it was $7.5k, you could buy two of them for the price of a B66 SLE. Let's talk more value than bottom line cost, because 1 TA is more fun than 1 B66 SLE, at least in my eyes.

Seriously, TA beats a lot of games.

1 week later
#1313 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I can't get this game out of my mind. I haven't even played it and I think I am the biggest Fanboy of this game already.

Wait until you get to play it, it should make you even more of a fan. If I could afford a NIB I'd probably be getting in line for a TA.

2 weeks later
#1428 2 years ago

There is definitely ballsack in that photo, lol.

2 weeks later
#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Perhaps Charlie or Scott could answer.
I see two differences.
1. 2 digit display not at the bottom. Seems easy. No need for 2.
2. Rollovers missing. What replaces that function?
I love this game.

The 2 digit ball save is still there.

The rollovers never did anything, per Scott's post, so they were removed.

#1693 2 years ago

The comparisons to 80s pins crack me up, because they are silly. It's usually people who haven't played the game that think it's sparse or like an 80s game in any way.

This game is so much cooler than even a lot of modern games. I haven't played Star Wars yet, so I can't compare the two, but TNA is freaking fun to play. The light shows, the deep layers of rules, it's a blast! *pun intended*

#1841 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I think that's the best part.

I agree. What a cool way to pay homage to his wife.

#1993 2 years ago

But can you see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch cereal?

#2039 2 years ago

I think TNA will sell at least several hundred to start. Once it shows up in homes, more people will start to see what all the fuss is about and I think even more sales will come in.

#2082 2 years ago

Yeah you gotta play them both, for me it would be TNA all the way.

1 week later
#2288 2 years ago

Congrats on the first day of what seems like great sales!

#2319 2 years ago

It's so awesome to see this game selling like crazy, it's a really, really good game.

#2496 2 years ago

Awesome game, I love the light show and music so much.

#2545 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

the fact that TNA vs AFM is a debate is a tribute to how good TNA is

Truth.

TNA is a game I want to play with my friends.

Nobody stands around for 10 minutes while someone just destroys the playfield, the music keeps the energy high, and the light show is very entertaining.

#2872 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I hate to say it, but it may involve tea bagging....if you're up to it.

It depends on if I'm the bag or the cup.

#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

don't think I know of to many games that accept dollar coins

Yeah, but the person who wins the game has no problem accepting them.

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The width of a king's thumb and the length of his foot is pretty dumb, but if aliens landed and we tried to impress them with a unit of measurement based off the number of fingers we evolved with they'd laugh at that too.

Monkeys don't try to impress us with their system of measure, nor would we care, and we would be monkeys relative to any species that has mastered space travel.

#2954 2 years ago

I had to order one of these. I could 3D print a lame one, but this is the official real deal

Do we get a certificate of authenticity? Is every model the LE?

I might as well make a sac rack a permanent fixture on Spaceballs.

#2956 2 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

C'mon Scott, just go for the gusto and make some translucent neon flavors for the TNA loyalists!
Trilogy and I are in for the magenta spool I posted from page 58, but I'd be happy with a neon blue, purple, or orange if more people wanted those instead.

I'd buy another in neon or translucent.

#2962 2 years ago

I'm gonna turn my 4 sacs into 400. You guys better watch out

(Not really, I'm terrible at pinball)

#2964 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Bring your sac rack to SFGE 2018 and I will challenge you!

Consider it done, glad you are coming back to SFGE!

#2983 2 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Playing with sacs popularized by trilogybeer

It's a great idea. Brings the feel of there actually being some cool bonus to winning, but keeping it cheap so nobody gets upset if they have a bad night.

When we play cards it's the same thing. Even if you lose all night you only lose $20 or so. That's a bonus for me, because in addition to being terrible at pinball I'm also terrible at poker.

#3007 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Sac Rack in the house waiting for my TNA!

Present and accounted for.

sacrack (resized).jpg

Quoted from jonesjb:

Sorry, what is a sac rack? And why are these popular/being discussed all of a sudden?

It's just a fun thing to kid around with. You use it to play dollar bet games against your friends, everyone puts a dollar coin in the rack and winner takes them. I like the idea and I jumped on the hype train a little because it's something positive and fun to spread around.

#3017 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Scott is running them off a 3D printer?

Yeah. Someone could potentially come up with their own design and print it, but it's just as easy to support Pinball Life and Scott by spending the money for theirs.

2 weeks later
#3185 2 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Well said, couldn't agree more. After attending the Louisville, Nashville, Texas Expos, Chicago Expo is the bottom of the barrel. Same vendors, $60.00 for seminars, which are tired and rehashed. I'm glad I am not going. Money is better spent at other pinball expos.

You guys should give SFGE a shot in Atlanta. TNA will be there, so I hear.

#3189 2 years ago

What a great stream last night, so many bits tagged with #charity in the twitch stream too.

Seriously, what a great night. Thanks to Dead Flip, Scott, Spooky, Ed, etc... for doing it.

#3191 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can someone summarize details from the stream?
I was not able to tune in, but sounds like they delivered the first production game to ed?

Yeah, that's the basic summary. It was a pretty cool moment for Spooky and Scott especially. The game played great, the chat crowd was on point, and we got twitch to donate some money to charity. All in all, a pretty great Friday night, even for us spectators. I have to imagine it was even more fun being there.

1 week later
#3457 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's my location.

Do they serve good drinks?

1 week later
#3575 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Are the ramp shots as difficult to make as people say??

When I played TNA, I made 100% of the ramp shots I took. I'm a terrible player too. TNA is like magic.

#3619 2 years ago
Quoted from LIONwoMAN:

Looking forward to seeing everyone who has a ticket to attend the Pinball Life charity event and TNA release party on Friday!

Super badass.

3 weeks later
#3828 2 years ago

Scott picking his wife for the character is one of the most endearing parts of the machine for me. I think that's cool as hell.

#3844 2 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Indeed. I am glad these little things are being brought up early so I can get them fixed. Bugs happen, especially in a pinball machine.

Very few bugs have happened in TNA though from what I can tell. Great job on making it solid and reliable.

2 weeks later
#4005 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

playing more TNA today and I thought how cool it would be to offer a left hand (inverted mirror image) option for TNA.
All the same game, except for everything flipped on the shot layout.
I would buy a second

How odd! At SFGE we said the same thing, except the mirror one would be from the standpoint of trying to prevent the reactors from being destroyed.

1 month later
#4261 2 years ago

That's a really smart thing to do with the 1s digit!!

4 months later
#6119 1 year ago

Hey TNA fans, if any of you are going to be at SFGE, we are doing a panel on building custom games, and thenotrashcougar has graciously agreed to come hang out and talk custom pinball, along with wildertronix who is doing a sweet Zelda pin.

This session isn't specifically about TNA, but I imagine it might come up.

For more info check out this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-southern-fried-gaming-expo-june-8-10-atlanta-ga#post-4408794

2 weeks later
#6294 1 year ago

Just a reminder if you are in to TNA and want to hear Scott Danesi talk more about homebrew pinball, he will be participating in a panel with Wildertronix and myself on Friday night at SFGE in Atlanta.

Come on by!

#6296 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Will this be recorded/streamed?

Not that I'm aware of.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sylacauga, AL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 11.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside