Topic Stats

• 7,250 posts
  • 628 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jaybeedee
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Would you buy this if Spooky Pinball built it? How much would you be willing to pay?”

• Yes 158 votes
    14%
  • No 220 votes
    19%
  • Maybe 186 votes
    16%
  • $5500-5750 326 votes
    28%
  • $5751-6000 98 votes
    9%
  • $6001-6250 64 votes
    6%
  • $6251-6500 45 votes
    4%
  • $6501-6750 18 votes
    2%
  • $6751-7000 36 votes
    3%

(Multiple choice - 1151 votes by 945 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E67F88CC-A60F-4050-8535-9FE4AC10AF98 (resized).jpeg
BEA18764-7BFD-48AC-B8FC-DE42C34F8EDB (resized).jpeg
tnaupdate2 (resized).jpg
20190103_200657 (resized).jpg
F4744DB3-BE5D-46AF-948D-6BFF19B8CF6C (resized).jpeg
CodeUpdate1.3.0_7 (resized).png
IMG_20181121_122102 (resized).jpg
TNA2.jpg
TNA1.jpg
20181115_190843 (resized).jpg
IMG_4176 (resized).JPG
IMG_4177 (resized).JPG
IMG_4178 (resized).JPG
IMG_20181112_184121_01 (resized).jpg
57108D5A-B33E-4BD1-8571-5BC7D16D3669 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 145.
#351 6 years ago

Great news! Looking forward to the progress in the coming months! I hope you produce an unlimited number because you're going to sell a lot more of these than you think. Sign me up!

Any chance you're bringing TA to PAGG next month? Us west coast guys need to get in on the fun too

#352 6 years ago

Omg, congrats to Mr. Danesi and Spooky Pinball!

This game may very well be my first nib purchase! I haven't been this pumped for a new game in a long time! I'll be following the developments on this one closely.

#353 6 years ago

Pretty pumped .... congrats to getting it to this point!!!!!

#354 6 years ago

TA_AWESOME.pngTA_AWESOME.png

#355 6 years ago

I finally got to play it Sunday. It was great fun. Just straight forward pinball. Innovative to have a drop target column be the ball lock. Never thought of putting the two together. Never was successful getting the skill shot to drop straight into the reactor area.

#356 6 years ago

Great to see mandraws on this.

Awesome design with an awesome artist.

#357 6 years ago

From the spooky Facebook page

Screenshot_20170409-231439~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170409-231439~2 (resized).png

#358 6 years ago

So is it currently in a standard size cab? I know its a in a Dolly Parton... But is that the same playfield size as a standard Stern/Spooky game?

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

So is it currently in a standard size cab? I know its a in a Dolly Parton... But is that the same playfield size as a standard Stern/Spooky game?

i think they said it be standard size but in a modern cab. Now they got to get it production ready.

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone know the rules on this game?
I know you have to destroy 9 reactors but is it the same every time? Seems quite a linear ruleset?
Another game that everybody loves on playing it, it would seem. Hopefully will get to play one soon.

A quick rundown
-Skill shot (hands free , super skill ) - you can use flipper buttons to change the lit lane going to reactor, select the lane you'd like to shoot for before you plung . if you can hit the lane shot you've chosen without a lane change you get points and start the reactor .(Skill Shot) if you make a lane change but ball still goes through lit lane you get skill shot , just points no reactor start .
either of these you need to soft plung to go through the lanes , too soft and it doesnt make it to the lanes too hard and it goes right past . If you plung really soft and the ball doesn't make it out of the shooter lane it will auto launch it , You only get one chance at the skill shot.
-reactor value , entering reactor and hitting shots there builds your reactor value and you can max it out before destroying it .
-starting/destroying reactors , the three standups in the middle must be hit three times each to complete the light grid to get the reactor ready . Then hit the scoop just below the upper flipper in the reactor to start the reactor . Now get in the reactor by hitting either the left or right orbit only the one that is lit will allow you enter the reactor . Hitting the slings and the pop bumper change which orbit is lit . Once in the reactor shots up there add to the digital display counting up in the reactor once it reaches 100 the reactor is critical and ready to be destroyed . one shot outside the reactor will destroy it , it is randomly chosen among the pop , and stand up targets . It will be different each time but is shown by the insert in front of your target lit up white . Reactor 2is 2 random shots to destroy , 3 is 3 and so on .
- multiball ,locks are the inline drops .Multiball is a playfield multiplier, it is best to try and destroy the reactor while in multiball .
Ball saves- ball saves can be earned with the inlanes and out lanes by the flippers . flipper buttons change the lanes while ball is in play complete all 4 lanes and you get a ball save (timed ball save just like the start of the ball ) Once you have completed 3 lanes the 4th will be flashing white (this one activates the ball save . you can stack ball saves as well , meaning if you complete three lanes but don't activate the ball save you can complete those three lanes again and have two or three or more ball saves ready to be activated . Number of ball saves you have stacked is shown by the color of the insert , Level one is red , level 2 orange , like a rainbow with color levels . There is also a bonus at the end of ball for unused ball saves .
-Random awards are given when lit in the scoop , start reactor , advance ball save , bonus x ,etc.
Again just a quick rundown , the is more to it than this but these are your basic objectives. Game also has super spinners and such that can be earned . Strategy is key in this game maxing out reactors and being in multiball to destroy them , having ball saves ready and having the ability to quickley move the flashing light to an outlane just before your ball drains there so you activate the ball save just as you drain .Multiplayer games have other strategies like lock stealing from another player.

#361 6 years ago

Congrats to Scott and Spooky. Game is so fricken cool. The light show and music are so different than what we see in a standard pin. Plan to order one for sure.

#362 6 years ago

Very cool! I'm normally a "$50 ramps guy," BUT this admittedly looks pretty damn incredible.

#363 6 years ago

Shits gettin' real. Good luck and warp speed!

#364 6 years ago

Looks Awesome! I am excited for Alice Cooper, but now I don't know which one I am more excited for!

#365 6 years ago

Excellent news! Curious whether the game will eventually run on Spooky's hardware or still on P-Roc. Running it on Spooky's hardware may result in a lower bill of material.

#366 6 years ago

very cool, just need some overseas distributors as would love to add this to the house

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

very cool, just need some overseas distributors as would love to add this to the house

Spooky games make their way down here through pizza and pinball

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

No limit , but done in runs of fifty as needed .

Um, with the right art package and more work on the LCD, I think you'll be doing runs of 100s fully pre-sold. In my view, this could sell well into 4 figures, i.e. over a thousand units if the art looks good enough and the price is around that of a Stern Pro.

I hope you get some international distributors.

If the art and the price hit the mark, it'll be my first NIB.

Have you lined up an artist for the playfield / cabinet / translite yet?

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Spooky games make their way down here through pizza and pinball

not a true distributor, really a importer

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Matt Andrews, artist that did some work for Jpop - has a great style, reckon he will have this game looking sweet.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

not a true distributor, really a importer

Whats the difference? There is still warranty on parts and spooky make more money then having to give ~30% to a distributor.
You pay them directly.
Unless Spooky start moving some serious product no one is going get 1/3 of a container into the country at a time. And even then why would spooky want to give up their margins when the situation is working out fine?

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Um, with the right art package and more work on the LCD, I think you'll be doing runs of 100s fully pre-sold. In my view, this could sell well into 4 figures, i.e. over a thousand units if the art looks good enough and the price is around that of a Stern Pro.
I hope you get some international distributors.
If the art and the price hit the mark, it'll be my first NIB.

Scott and Spooky have hired a great artist , Matt Andrews . No limt runs of fifty , was just what I was told , I' m assuming these runs coulds be run one right after another so that the game is just kind of always in production there .They key to what I was told is that there is no limit, they will sell as many as there is demand . I'm sure Spooky will give more info about the production of this game when they are ready . I am just someone that has played the crap out of this game and I will be buying one when the are ready , I think the no limit info is exciting though.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

No limt runs of fifty

I like this plan. Totally fair way of doing it and I'm guessing for them acquiring parts by 50s is doable.

#374 6 years ago

This is just awesome. I'm excited to see the finished code, art and screen animations, I have a feeling that the whole package is far from finished and will be taking on some new shapes in the near future now that there is serious incentive to get the product to production, I'm also hoping for a few additions to the playfield, even if they are suttle; just cherries on top type of stuff. Way to go Scott !

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Thank you guys very much. I am so appreciative of the great feedback and comments! I am also extremely excited to see this thing make it out of my basement. I don't have too many things to reveal at this moment, but one very important and exciting thing I can reveal is that Matt Andrews will be handling the artwork for the entire project. He is a great guy and is extremely talented. Thank you guys once again, and thank you to all that helped me get the project where it is today!
--Scott

Sorry if I missed it, but can you give a synopses or back story to the theme?

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Sorry if I missed it, but can you give a synopses or back story to the theme?

From dead flip stream... Go to the start and he explains it . I held my phone with the android siri to my speakers and fixed some of the mistakes it made.

the storyline of this whole thing is you are from 1988 and you are sitting down with some scientists and they said "Hey man we got some bad news, but you're going to be able to fix this!". A future civilization have discovered reverse time travel (which we all know there is a big problems with Reverse time travel because you come back and screw everything up. Paradoxes and all sorts of stuff. They are going to use this for evil and we know this (they are scientists after all) they need you to go forward in time (which is fine because that's easily doable with cryogenics etc or whatever they have in 1988)
So they are going to send you in the distant to destroy the civilization before they invent reverse time travel.

So they have 9 nuclear reactors map on the (lower PF) on their land that you need to start and overheat (Upper PF). You are trying to destroy everything and everyone so it's a 1 way mission (there is no reverse time travel obviously so you cannot get back). If you win you're going to die. If you don't win, the world is f**ked.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Whats the difference? There is still warranty on parts and spooky make more money then having to give ~30% to a distributor.
You pay them directly.
Unless Spooky start moving some serious product no one is going get 1/3 of a container into the country at a time. And even then why would spooky want to give up their margins when the situation is working out fine?

If these are going to be distributed internationally Spooky will have to think about CE for Europe. Not sure if Australia needs CE or not?

#378 6 years ago

Great

Is there any pinball call outs like Jackpot? Any word call outs at all?

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Very cool! I'm normally a "$50 ramps guy," BUT this admittedly looks pretty damn incredible.

Me too. I have all Stern typically ramps and whatnot. I like them and how same/similar layouts can feel different by rules and art and music etc.

But at the end of the day SM or IM or ST are still the same thing.

TA is something else, I'd love to add this, like a whole new class of pinball than anything I own.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great

Yes, quite a few call outs already.

#381 6 years ago

Watching the video really like how the ball is ejected like instantly much like a kickback say on IM also instantly ejected from the shooter lane on ball save. It's just so instant that makes it very intense.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great

Yes, there is an 80s esque female android with a monotone sexy voice that gives you simple call outs like "ball saver" and "ball locked" etc. Nothing fancy but fits the theme perfectly.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Yes, quite a few call outs already.

Nice, sometimes with Jack Danger it's hard concentrate on the gameplay as the guys are having such a great time it's like a circus.

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

This is just awesome. I'm excited to see the finished code, art and screen animations, I have a feeling that the whole package is far from finished and will be taking on some new shapes in the near future now that there is serious incentive to get the product to production, I'm also hoping for a few additions to the playfield, even if they are suttle; just cherries on top type of stuff. Way to go Scott !

I'm in, wife doesn't know it yet but unless it's crazy expensive I'll get it.

I'm going back to the excitement I had from earlier Predator footage, I'm not saying that in any bad way. Just that there was a newness, fresh air about Predator. Little guy makes something great against the normal establishment.

Great news Spooky is on board brings some needed stability to the table.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Me too. I have all Stern typically ramps and whatnot. I like them and how same/similar layouts can feel different by rules and art and music etc.
But at the end of the day SM or IM or ST are still the same thing.
TA is something else, I'd love to add this, like a whole new class of pinball than anything I own.

Add Rob Zombie to the list of something completely different! And it has a real backglass

#386 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yes, there is an 80s esque female android with a monotone sexy voice that gives you simple call outs like "ball saver" and "ball locked" etc. Nothing fancy but fits the theme perfectly.

in my mind... she is SUPER hot!

#387 6 years ago

Any timeframe talked about? I would imagine end of 2018....I really hope the old school Bally look is kept and not a modern cabinet. Really excited for this game!

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am pretty sure Scott said in the stream that is actually just recorded google translate lady

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Any timeframe talked about? I would imagine end of 2018....I really hope the old school Bally look is kept and not a modern cabinet. Really excited for this game!

I also would love the old school Bally cab plus stencil and paint job rather than decals. I dont think that is the way they are going since the wood cab next to the game at MGC is the next one that Scott is using it sounds.

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Of course! I almost imagine the Xenon girl talking when i think about it

#391 6 years ago

This announcement is super exciting. I really hope that it can produced at a reasonable price; the undersigned of that playfield looked like it could get spendy. It doesn't have to be "cheap" because it's a single level, a competitive price is all that I'm hoping for.

#392 6 years ago

Whats total annihilation? (the theme)

#393 6 years ago

Mazel tov, Scott! Very exciting news!!!

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Whats total annihilation?

What's search? What's reading some previous posts in this thread?

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Whats total annihilation?

Oh I don't know just one of the most awesome pins that combines old school pinball with new school tech!

Watch these vids:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production#post-3647250

#396 6 years ago

My wife and I really enjoyed playing this at MGC this past weekend. In fact, this was the game my wife specifically wanted to play more of and she is not that into pinball. The music definitely makes this game and I really like using the drop targets to lock balls. I may be picking one of these up in the future. Oh, and congrats on winning best in show!

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

What's search? What's reading some previous posts in this thread?

My sincerest apologies for making you upset by asking a question. Read the entire first page and couldn't really glean what it was.

Again, very very sorry.

#398 6 years ago

The best news I heard was Charlie repeatedly saying he was just going to let Scott make his vision come to reality! Scott really is an awesome guy and I hope he continues down the path of pretending this is all for him and amking it exactly what he wants, then just figure out how to adapt into a produciton model that maintains the vision.

Oddly I heard lots of people talk about how they liked the wood style.

I think a cool cab could actually be a black cab with routed/ CNC of the logo on the side then paint the inset a neon green. Something about simple beauty with this game!

Ruleset is phenomenal already and looking forward to what happens between now and produciton!

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Oh I don't know just one of the most awesome pins that combines old school pinball with new school tech!
Watch these vids:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production#post-3647250

oh yeah, I've watched the vids, it looks great. I'm trying to understand what the theme is...Or is it a non licensed theme?

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

From dead flip stream... Go to the start and he explains it . I held my phone with the android siri to my speakers and fixed some of the mistakes it made.
the storyline of this whole thing is you are from 1988 and you are sitting down with some scientists and they said "Hey man we got some bad news, but you're going to be able to fix this!". A future civilization have discovered reverse time travel (which we all know there is a big problems with Reverse time travel because you come back and screw everything up. Paradoxes and all sorts of stuff. They are going to use this for evil and we know this (they are scientists after all) they need you to go forward in time (which is fine because that's easily doable with cryogenics etc or whatever they have in 1988)
So they are going to send you in the distant to destroy the civilization before they invent reverse time travel.
So they have 9 nuclear reactors map on the (lower PF) on their land that you need to start and overheat (Upper PF). You are trying to destroy everything and everyone so it's a 1 way mission (there is no reverse time travel obviously so you cannot get back). If you win you're going to die. If you don't win, the world is f**ked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 7,250 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/total-annihilation-production/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.