IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 224.
#9651 1 year ago

The reversing screw under the playfield operates dry; no lubrication for the slot. This offends my engineering sensibilities because we have a stainless steel follower that rides in the slot. I'm unsure of the material used to make the reversing screw itself. A magnet won't stick to it, so what's it made of? Hard-anodized aluminum?

Has anyone in this club had their reversing screw wear out?

Thanks

#9652 1 year ago

Finally got BSD in the basement gameroom today. Really digging the sounds and game play.

Just need to replace Ron Jeremy & get a color dmd.

20221208_180237.jpg20221208_180237.jpg

#9653 1 year ago

Just wondering if someone can answer something for me?

When you turn off the machine....Does the mistball release and the roll down the playfield into the trough upon powering down?

Or does it get released and rolls down into the trough on powering up the next game? (Meaning the ball remains in the mist spot when the machine is off until you turn it on)

#9654 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just wondering if someone can answer something for me?
When you turn off the machine....Does the mistball release and the roll down the playfield into the trough upon powering down?
Or does it get released and rolls down into the trough on powering up the next game? (Meaning the ball remains in the mist spot when the machine is off until you turn it on)

Doesn't release when you turn off game.
BTW you have a credit dot.

#9655 1 year ago

The only time balls are “reset” upon power up is if one or more balls are locked in the castle lock. In this case, all balls, including mist, are let go and reset.

Otherwise, upon power up, the ball locked for mist stays locked. It doesn’t drop out.

#9656 1 year ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Doesn't release when you turn off game.
BTW you have a credit dot.

Thanks. I'm trying to diagnose it. Hence the question I posed.

The mist multi-ball and magnet works fine during the game. So I'm at a loss as to why I'm getting that error message on startup (and subsequent credit dot).

Quoted from mbaumle:

The only time balls are “reset” upon power up is if one or more balls are locked in the castle lock. In this case, all balls, including mist, are let go and reset.
Otherwise, upon power up, the ball locked for mist stays locked. It doesn’t drop out.

That's what I am getting on mine. Thanks.

Not sure about the error message though.

20221210_151156.jpg20221210_151156.jpg
#9657 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

If I open the coin door during attract mode, fiddle around with the menu and then exit the menu the mistball on the right side of the playfield releases. Once it lands in the trough another ball gets cycled back up to the mist spot from the shooter lane.

I assume this is also normal?

#9658 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

If I open the coin door during attract mode, fiddle around with the menu and then exit the menu the mistball on the right side of the playfield releases. Once it lands in the trough another ball gets cycled back up to the mist spot from the shooter lane.
I assume this is also normal?

This is what I discovered regarding the mist ball behavior at bootup for BSD.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/153#post-6070782

Gord

#9659 1 year ago

Thanks Gord!

From what I can gather my mist is working fine. (Minus the error message that I can't figure out for some reason)

#9660 1 year ago

Beware if you order the wire gates for the mist ball locks from Marco right now. Apparently their vendor did not get the memo about the gates needing to be made of a non-ferrous material.

The one I received is made of steel. See the attached photo showing my original broken copper gate and the new one with a small magnet stuck to it.

In the end I made my own out of 316 stainless steel welding rod.

20221210_144000 (resized).jpg20221210_144000 (resized).jpg
#9661 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Thanks Gord!
From what I can gather my mist is working fine. (Minus the error message that I can't figure out for some reason)

Perused this thread a bit more and did a factory reset. The credit dot is gone and the error message no longer appears on startup or at all.

Just one last question....

If the ball is in the left mist slot of the playfield when a game finishes....is the magnet supposed to run to the left side and grab it out of the left slot and then drop it midway so it falls into the trough?

I ask because it just did this to me after the game ended.

Sorry for all the pestering questions. Thanks folks.

#9662 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Perused this thread a bit more and did a factory reset. The credit dot is gone and the error message no longer appears on startup or at all.
Just one last question....
If the ball is in the left mist slot of the playfield when a game finishes....is the magnet supposed to run to the left side and grab it out of the left slot and then drop it midway so it falls into the trough?

When a game ends, the ball does not release from the pocket, either left or right side. The Mist ball has always been problematic but there's lots of good info in this thread.

#9663 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It should only do that if there is a ball in the castle lock lane upon startup of your BSD.

Gord

#9664 1 year ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

It should only do that if there is a ball in the castle lock lane upon startup of your BSD.
Gord

Yea it's acting up then.

Thanks for all the responses guys!

#9665 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Quoted from GRB1959:

Gord

This is a setting. It does not have to drain locked balls.
!edit! Just kidding, you're both right because you said "at power up."
The setting is for at end of game.

#9666 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yea it's acting up then.
Thanks for all the responses guys!

On the left side of the magnet mechanism under the playfield, there's a pressure switch that the magnet assembly pushes when it gets all the way left. This tells the motor to stop spinning and stops the cart. My pressure switch was loose, and it caused a "magnet unload" error and other mist function issues. Once I tightened and adjusted that switch, everything worked like a charm. Maybe have a look at that. May help, May not.

#9667 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

On the left side of the magnet mechanism under the playfield, there's a pressure switch that the magnet assembly pushes when it gets all the way left. This tells the motor to stop spinning and stops the cart. My pressure switch was loose, and it caused a "magnet unload" error and other mist function issues. Once I tightened and adjusted that switch, everything worked like a charm. Maybe have a look at that. May help, May not.

Will check that out. Much appreciated!!

#9668 1 year ago
Quoted from paulie484:

MODS !
For a long time after I got my drac I spent hours trolling through this feed in this group and got inspired and loved what people had done to their machines
Here's my current list and some last wish list items
I know some people are anti mods but if they make you happy it's good right ?!
List:
Red start button
Coffin cross plunger led..linked to LND ball save
Launch button insert
Art blades
Apron blue led
Drain lanes impaled skeletons
Rats !
Castle blue rocks print out on outside of ramp chute
Anodised nuts and screws
Green spotlight across mist track
Targets and decals
Vampire cross
Wolves
Miscellaneous vampire bats
Morpheus tombstone mod
Mezel mods lanterns
Graveyard green led strip
Scoop leds
To do: lighted topper, repaint coin door and lighted speakers (diy)
Cheers ! Love this game !![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the skeletons?

#9670 1 year ago

So are these available to buy, or is it simply 3D printing details that you must print yourself? They look fantastic. I don’t have a 3D printer or know how to make these, but I would love to add some to my game!

#9671 1 year ago

Welcome to Ron Jeremy’s home…

#9672 1 year ago

cover

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just seeing this now. Thank you for the compliment. I posted the less involved "Ruins" version in the updated mod thread.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Do you plan on re-issuing this set of mods?

#9673 1 year ago

Every time I see a new post I’m soooo hoping it’s @Ironsent345 with the best news ever…..RAMPS

#9674 1 year ago

The donor game is on the way here.

#9675 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

cover

Do you plan on re-issuing this set of mods?

No plan to re-issue, though some chance I'd create some re-imagining or something completely new in the future, but as you may know, my hands have been tied to long production periods (currently STh), and some ideas have been on the backburner for several years. No telling when/if I'll find the time to get back to BSD, but my game won't be going anywhere, and hopefully it can come together eventually.

#9676 1 year ago

I've ended up creating my own switch covers since Medisinyl has discontinued his. My first prints aren't great, but I've learned enough that my next try should work. The unfortunate part for me is I can't paint any better than a kindergartner so they will be solid colors. These prints are out of "Rock" PLA, but I'm going to try castle limestone next.

ROCK PLA: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08732CWTP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title
Limestone Grey PLA: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3SXESQ

20221213_085049 (resized).jpg20221213_085049 (resized).jpg20221213_085109 (resized).jpg20221213_085109 (resized).jpg20221213_085033 (resized).jpg20221213_085033 (resized).jpg20221213_085109 (resized).jpg20221213_085109 (resized).jpg

20221213_085044 (resized).jpg20221213_085044 (resized).jpg
#9677 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So are these available to buy, or is it simply 3D printing details that you must print yourself? They look fantastic. I don’t have a 3D printer or know how to make these, but I would love to add some to my game!

Go on etsy, I saw these for sale...

#9678 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

I've ended up creating my own switch covers since Medisinyl has discontinued his. My first prints aren't great, but I've learned enough that my next try should work. The unfortunate part for me is I can't paint any better than a kindergartner so they will be solid colors. These prints are out of "Rock" PLA, but I'm going to try castle limestone next.
ROCK PLA: amazon.com link »
Limestone Grey PLA: amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I mean, they look pretty decent so far, you're pretty close.

I stink at drawing, painting, but luckily my wife and daughter are gifted in this department. After the holidays, I'm going to have them detail the graveyard and village, maybe the castle. They could dress up those switch covers no problem.

#9679 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

The unfortunate part for me is I can't paint any better than a kindergartner

Pretty sure you can do better than a kindergartner

Go on youtube and seach dry-brushing (pretty common in model building)
Very easy proces with amazing results, give it a try.

#9680 1 year ago
Quoted from PTHermes:

ROCK PLA: amazon.com link »
Limestone Grey PLA: amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

While early versions of the piece I made had the "z," (mixed information online at the time) I was informed the correct spelling is "Elisabeta," and later versions were changed accordingly.

You may also want to consider the surrounding geometry for a better fit. While my version isn't great overall on details, the grass portion did take the ramp shape into account to look more designed into the game.

#9681 1 year ago

Medisinyl Thanks for the feedback!!! Your right switch cover looks to be 1 piece, I am trying a 2 piece design so that the tombstone goes on with the front screw, and then the grass goes on with only the back-screw sandwiching it all together. Using SolidWorks for the design makes some of the more artsy details difficult.

#9682 1 year ago

They are a great start..keep going! I am very sad not to be able to buy medisinyls great coffin and switch covers again for my new build as I love them the best out of all options, even the new mechanical one.
More options are giving me more hope!

#9683 1 year ago

I’ll pay $250 right now to anyone willing to sell me mezels BSD mods.. grave headstones.. castle wall that goes over the left loop.

$500 for the discontinued coffin mod.

Someone needs some extra spending cash for the holdays I’m sure

#9684 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I’ll pay $250 right now to anyone willing to sell me mezels BSD mods.. grave headstones.. castle wall that goes over the left loop.
$500 for the discontinued coffin mod.
Someone needs some extra spending cash for the holdays I’m sure

Not sure if you've seen this or not. You may be interested in signing up.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nov-dracula-coffin-mod-with-a-rising-bat-creature-inside-

#9685 1 year ago

Thank you! I really dig the look of the other coffin mod, and am willing to pay heavily for it.

#9686 1 year ago

Does anyone know if there are BSD colorization files available yet for Pin2DMD?

#9687 1 year ago

What’s the correct operation for the drop target in back? I cleaned my game up and now when a ball hits it on the plung it usually Continues on and goes in the hole behind the target. Prior to cleaning it would usually bounce off target and go through the rollovers down to the pops, thanks

#9688 1 year ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

What’s the correct operation for the drop target in back? I cleaned my game up and now when a ball hits it on the plung it usually Continues on and goes in the hole behind the target. Prior to cleaning it would usually bounce off target and go through the rollovers down to the pops, thanks

The target should stay up to keep the ball dropping into the pops. The target doesn't stay down until until you spell out "video" on the right side. Then, a clean shot to the right lane should orbit around, roll over the lowered drop target and start video mode.

I think there may be a few operational exceptions to this behavior, but most of the time, it works as described above

#9689 1 year ago

The target should stay up to keep the ball dropping into the pops. The target doesn't stay down until until you spell out "video" on the right side. Then, a clean shot to the right lane should orbit around, roll over the lowered drop target and start video mode.
I think there may be a few operational exceptions to this behavior, but most of the time, it works as described above

CoolCatPinball is right, the drop target stays up except if you hit the skill shot, and when video mode is qualified.

#9690 1 year ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Make sure the drop target switch is registering. The switch can be bound up when the playfield has been vertical.

#9691 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

CoolCatPinball is right, the drop target stays up except if you hit the skill shot, and when video mode is qualified.

So if you hit the skill shot it will go behind the standup up and missed skill shots feed down to the pops?

#9692 1 year ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

So if you hit the skill shot it will go behind the standup up and missed skill shots feed down to the pops?

Right.

#9693 1 year ago
Quoted from Iamthelaw:

Mine feeds back to the pops regardless of whether you hit the skill shot or not. The only time the target stays down, is the final hit to spell "video". Then you hit video, roll over the lowered stand up to start video mode

#9694 1 year ago

Mine feeds back to the pops regardless of whether you hit the skill shot or not. The only time the target stays down, is the final hit to spell "video". Then you hit video, roll over the lowered stand up to start video mode

This is accurate.

#9695 1 year ago

What the hell is he saying when he’s screaming and you start mist multiball?

#9696 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

"WINDS!" It's a quote from the movie. Go watch it and see what you think.

My (unsolicited) opinion:
Movie: 4/10
Pinball: 9/10

#9697 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Yep, winds…WINDS!!!! The movie is super quirky, especially considering the talent involved (Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins, Tom Waits and Francis Ford Coppola). I watched it the first time after I already owned the game and didn’t care for it. I gave it a second chance, and started to like it. Now I’ve seen it a dozen or more times. It has its charms. I do agree the pin is even better than the film, and the movie music and callouts on Pinsound are awesome. A game changer.

#9698 1 year ago

Seen the movie a bunch of times even recently but forgot that part. Everyone totally hams it up nicely though.

#9699 1 year ago

My start button switch I think is busted. Checked the connections and switch test shows open and can’t get it to trigger. Anyone have a link on the right start switch for this game (not sure if it matters but just making sure. Thx!

#9700 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

My start button switch I think is busted. Checked the connections and switch test shows open and can’t get it to trigger.

If you push it in and listen carefully, can you hear the switch click ?

I'd put a meter on the switch to check it before throwing money at it. Could also have a break in wiring from that switch to the CPU.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 84.99
9,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,166 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.