IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6512 4 years ago
Quoted from Trident:

for sale on ebay.
Translite
ebay.com link » Bram Stokers Dracula Pinball Alternate Translite 2choices Bloody Or Non
Cabinet Art
ebay.com link » Bram Stokers Dracula Pinball Alternate Cabinet Decal Set

These look sweet. Have to look over my BSD I'm bring home from storage today!!

2 weeks later
#6582 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Well I couldn't wait. I also wanted to show that wanna-be vampire in Langhorne the correct trim color choice!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's an awesome looking alternate translight, still would rather keep mine stock with the original.
Also, any interest in a topper for BSD? I have one from Laserrific that I'm not installing after our move. I got to dig up pics and post.

3 weeks later
#6645 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

The fog machine mod has already been done before.....liorillusion created it. I have it on my machine...the mist motor triggers my fog machine underneath my pin and it spews fog. You can adjust for how long the fog machine stays on...a little goes a long way. It’s def a neat n nifty mod!

Any chance there's a video showing this feature?

1 year later
#7478 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, I was having some wild issues with my BSD the last 24 hours. Watch the video for more, including the solution.

So glad to have figured that one out. Basically, my opto transmitter and receiver were out of alignment, causing all sorts of crazy issues.
Magnet test was failing before Opto Test 1 could even begin - kept coming up with "Magnet Unload" error. Then when going into attract mode, the game would not pop a ball into the shooter lane, lift the ramp, and deposit the ball into the right gate area (transmitter side of the game).
Man, that was driving me nuts. If any of this ever happens to you totally out of the blue, CHECK the alignment of your opto transmitter and receiver.
Finally got the game put back together and played a well-deserved game. I got owned, but it felt so good to play a full game with zeo issues (other than a trough switch needing to be serviced as well as my diverter).

Just wanted to give a shoutout to NPO, he was extremely helpful since I was scratching my head on this one. His video helped make sense of it, but my outcome was different. It wasn't just an adjustment, it was the long opto bd.
Can't believe his post is 6 yrs. old and still helping!! Pinside's a great community!!

1 month later
#7515 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballWizard666:

Regarding shipping a question to fellow pinheads from Canada or the US: what does it mean if USPS shows me the following information when entering a tracking number:
---
Label Created, not yet in system
A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.
---
This information is still the same after 10 days meanwhile...
Thanks for any hint from Germany!

Sounds like your package hasn't moved.

4 months later
#7766 3 years ago

24" opto bd. can cause these issues too.

2 weeks later
#7840 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Who likes the Prototypes sling plastics?

Mine came with them

3 months later
#8231 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Pinside wont let me see email adresses in pm's

It should work! I PM my email address all the time if I want someone to send me pics of their pin.

1 month later
#8458 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I guess it all depends on what he asks. If he asks $5k, I would agree the price is too high with considerable pf planking. If he asks $3500, it’s not too high, especially in this market.

It's still a players condition game, $3500 too high IMO.

#8462 2 years ago

That turned out really nice!!

2 weeks later
#8582 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Bought my BSD at Cax 2018, played it for a year or so, then the big rubber under the right ramp gave up the ghost.
Time for a complete shopout.
It was dark, with multiple burned out OG bulbs, and blue incandescent bulbs.
On inspection 3 posts were just floating, no nuts on the bolts.
Installed new rubber, and LED Comets, a trough light, and a spot on the left sling.
Turned out to be in great shape after it got cleaned and lit up.
But this is what we found under the right ramp.
Ball storage!
Five rusted old balls hidden away.
I wonder if the old owner or players ever missed them??
Turned out gorgeous in the end.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Seems to be common on this game for balls to get stuck there. I've had several also!!

1 week later
#8634 2 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

Don’t know if others have seen this if you add SUN as your initials in high score you get this Easter egg
[quoted image]

I'll have to try that!!

1 month later
#8672 2 years ago

Question about a strange problem on BSD.
A couple times the game has given one of the skill shot awards before even launching the ball. Should I be checking the ball launch mech or something in the skill shot section?
Anybody ever see this?
TIA

#8675 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Check the skill shot drop target spring and switch; also the drop target itself, as the little nub that holds it above the playfield could be worn, causing even a small amount of vibration to trip it.
Ball launch is independent of skill shot.

Thanks for the quick reply, I hope to get to it this weekend.

1 month later
#8732 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

PDI has these that are pretty nice
[quoted image]

I have those on mine!

4 weeks later
#8848 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Just joined the club!! Always liked playing this game at my friends. Sold 2 key games of mine to buy a different pin (Wonka and twilight) but that sadly fell through. Luckily this game came up from a fellow local pinsider I sold a game to a few years ago and now it is happily in my home for the long run. Game has just about every mod I’d put on it to include the very nice topper, the led ocd for controlled and GI which do IMOA make a nice effect, just never bought it myself, and the amazing piece of work known as pinsound. Love that addition on this game as just about every other pin it supports.
I look forward to going through this forum to see about anything else on this game I may need attention to. Everything works perfectly. Only fault I see is the Elizabeth tombstone, instructions card, and town aren’t lighting up that he installed. Maybe most likely something got disconnected in the move.
Game plays fast and fun. Wife played first game ever and got all multi balls and put up grand champ! What the heck! Beginner’s luck llol.
[quoted image]

Cool topper I haven't seen before! Who does that one?

3 months later
#9114 1 year ago
Quoted from paulie484:

Loving this from LaBordeTechCustoms !!!
Check out Cameron's Etsy site....he has heaps of different titles !! Licensed product too !!
I added the clear plastic/playfield glass but he does now supply the units (and I'd say much better than my version !!)
Cheers[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Link?

2 weeks later
#9137 1 year ago

This is an excellent suggestion. May I offer a "down and dirty" alternative. The spot in question is barely noticeable when the machine is set up for playing. If it's not a "showpiece" or restored machine, I'd clean the area up as best you can, touch up said area with paints, markers, etc just to hide the bare wood. Clear it, and cover with mylar. It it the best way? Hell no. Is it suitable for a players machine to halt further damage? Yup. It's just a matter of how much time and effort you want to put into it.

This is how I would approach it also. You don't really have to mylar it, just some clear over the fix.

#9153 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone know why these aren't being made anymore? I am certain if a run was done it'd sell - I'd buy them

Me too! If there's enough requests, maybe.

2 weeks later
#9192 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Well this is a first. I occasionally get the ever so loving ball flying off the wire ramp / rail. However this is the first time the ball got stuck here.
[quoted image]

Easy access, at least!

2 weeks later
#9230 1 year ago

Question, where do you guys buy your balls from?
I had the balls sticking when in mist mode, I replaced the balls with new ones and it's still doing it.

I got these from Titan, I think when I bought some rubber.

I went ahead and placed an order thru Pinball Life.

#9238 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I always get pin balls from Pinball Life.
But if you mean that a ball sticks to the Mist ball when it's moving across the playfield, that's normal LOL. It's magnetized by the moving magnet below. Sorry if I misunderstood you.
BTW, that's part of what makes the Mist ball toy so awesome! It happens fairly often. That, or your ball knocks the Mist ball off the magnet and gets caught by the magnet itself! It can be maddening at times!

Replaced the balls and all good. I was starting to think I didn't hit the ball hard enough to knock it off, but it was happening a lot.
I'm sure the balls get magnetized over time and they have to be replaced.

1 month later
#9361 1 year ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Mmm have been on there website but can’t find it, do you have a link please ?

Here you go!
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-speaker-skins/bsd/

2 weeks later
#9431 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I had identical problems, replaced the opto board with the homepin = all issues resolved

I'll second this!

3 weeks later
#9482 1 year ago
Quoted from ieure:

The mist optos on my BSD failed. I got replacements, but it seems like I have to tear down a ton of the PF to get at them Is there an easier way to replace these things?

You sure you have to replace them? My mist feature was failing, forget the errors, but the opto bd from Pinball Life fixed her right up.

2 months later
#9654 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just wondering if someone can answer something for me?
When you turn off the machine....Does the mistball release and the roll down the playfield into the trough upon powering down?
Or does it get released and rolls down into the trough on powering up the next game? (Meaning the ball remains in the mist spot when the machine is off until you turn it on)

Doesn't release when you turn off game.
BTW you have a credit dot.

#9662 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Perused this thread a bit more and did a factory reset. The credit dot is gone and the error message no longer appears on startup or at all.
Just one last question....
If the ball is in the left mist slot of the playfield when a game finishes....is the magnet supposed to run to the left side and grab it out of the left slot and then drop it midway so it falls into the trough?
I ask because it just did this to me after the game ended.
Sorry for all the pestering questions. Thanks folks.

When a game ends, the ball does not release from the pocket, either left or right side. The Mist ball has always been problematic but there's lots of good info in this thread.

2 weeks later
#9705 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Lol… I thought he was saying ”Vince!” But like weird af. Haha
On topic but I’m getting a lot of balls stuck to the myst ball and just spinning around on it. Normal phenomenon?

I believe your balls got magnetized, time to change them out.

#9735 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I have a standing $15,000 offer on my fully restored chromed BSD. It’s a local guy who has played it.
No interest in selling.

If someone offered 15K for mine, I'm sorry, would have to sell. It's just pinball!!

1 week later
#9779 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Color DMD installed! Looks pretty sweet
Gonna be selling the original red cover and DMD soon, in case anyone's interested.[quoted image]

I'm on the fence about getting the color display, is it a real wow feature?
I'm having a hard time justifying the cost. Display is almost $500 and speaker panel another $100.
Looking for everyone's opinion.

#9787 1 year ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Color LED DMD and alternate speaker panel from CPR![quoted image]

I DO like that speaker panel!

#9792 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Well seems I’m the odd one out. I think the Color dmd sucks the creepiness outa BSD, it’s not for me, I had one in it and liked the original much better so put it back in.

Kind of agree, the red speaker panel gives it an eerie look. That's why I'm on the fence about switching.

1 month later
#9907 1 year ago

Cool translight, where's that from?

#9921 1 year ago

Add me too please

1 week later
#9964 1 year ago
Quoted from Don44:

I’ve had my BSD for a couple of years and it’s always had the magnet unload error. it seems to work fine though. Anybody know why I would still get the error?

Lots of info in this thread on that topic. Common error on this game.

1 month later
#10054 1 year ago

A previous owner used those figures to make a custom topper for my machine. It looks pretty slick. The DRACULA lettering lights up red from inside the box when Drac speaks!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool topper!

1 month later
#10206 11 months ago
Quoted from s000m:

Cats out of the bag now I suppose
Hopefully Starship Fantasy makes the replacement ramps soon. For now I'll work on some temporary measure to make the skillshot 100%.
It's been about 10 months in the making.
I'll upload a video soon.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That's an amazing BG!! Who did those?

1 week later
#10244 11 months ago

Before you tear everything to hell and back, remove your 24" opto control board from underneath the playfield and inspect it closely. It's easy to remove, and known to cause issues if it's original. Mine went bad a couple weeks ago. It had a burnt resistor on the board. Replaced the resistor and it fried again. Then I noticed a swollen (from heat) chip on the board. I figured that was the culprit. Bought a brand new board for $80 and it fixed all my issues. Never had to take apart anything above the playfield. Definitely worth a close look.

Me too, even though I ordered the optos also, just in case.

3 weeks later
#10328 10 months ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I have a cointaker guide from several years ago. Whoever wants a copy, just DM me.

PM sent

2 weeks later
#10416 9 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I was actually curious how many BSD owners actually have those enlarged sling plastics installed on their pins.
Seems like they would hide the ball during game play.

I have them on mine, came that way.

1 month later
#10508 7 months ago

Nice!!

2 months later
#10737 5 months ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi all, I think someone already shared this in this group, but I wanted to share the updated photos I had with it in the machine.
This is the alternate artwork I created for Bram Stoker's Dracula, based on the book (not the movie).
Thanks for all the support so far! We already put in an order for the second batch, very pleased with that.
You can check it out here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/
I have this available as a flexible Translite, and a Limited Edition Acrylic Backglass as well.
Officially licensed from Williams!
The Acrylic Backglass is Limited to only 125 ever made!!
Reverse-printed on a 1/8″ thick translucent acrylic backglass (not a thin Translite).
Double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing make the colors really pop.
Measures 27″x 18 7/8″ to fit in any Theater of Magic pinball machine or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
Fits Bram Stoker’s Dracula pinball machines
It comes with a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by the artist. LIMITED EDITION.
I’m very proud of this new alternate artwork I created for Bram Stoker’s Dracula pinball machines and Translite frames, and for Side Blades.
Here’s a video on how this artwork was created:
THANK YOU for the continued support from the Pinball community - I really enjoy making these.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool alternate art.

4 months later
#11119 10 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

does it make any sense to you?

Shit happens!!

1 week later
#11164 2 days ago

Just do the 24" bd. Easiest thing to replace 1st.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider poppapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=poppapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.