Topic Stats

• 7,014 posts
  • 578 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by aobrien5
  • Topic is favorited by 226 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,141 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8091CD4E-F40C-44F6-AAC3-DF283CAA6280 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
3C89B6CA-28E3-4013-8E6E-72EE7CCC988F (resized).jpeg
8C00CCB6-8A67-4BBB-A104-6366F8E6019E (resized).jpeg
439BE6FC-3666-4209-AB8F-3E4BE5C0B1FF (resized).jpeg
C1F6CF74-5684-4AE9-BF5D-7E3F3981D6E6 (resized).jpeg
Werewolf (resized).jpg
4EDF2BD0-853A-4FB6-A74D-C0701A6BCBC3 (resized).png
1EDAA745-6DF1-4167-82F7-CC054A2C0047 (resized).jpeg
8B28A24F-1C10-4C4E-8879-29C23BEA0EFF (resized).jpeg
874A3D9A-FF2B-44F5-9083-8725ACE05143 (resized).jpeg
48A3B31E-B0E3-4184-A453-45837E71CB4F (resized).jpeg
69EACF70-F761-4A55-875A-0343D0BA22B5 (resized).jpeg
788A0E34-E214-4C55-9D81-5AA9167636BC (resized).jpeg
B6CDCDD2-6A2A-480C-8B95-8B3000F1AA53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191028_184714560 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (7 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (7 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (7 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (7 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (6 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (6 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (6 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (6 years ago)

Post #416 Plunger rebuild parts. Posted by vintage4life (6 years ago)

Post #483 Gameplay / Instruction cards Posted by tilted81 (6 years ago)

Post #563 Playfield Protector Posted by phishrace (6 years ago)

Post #677 Mystery Hole rewards Posted by Jodester (6 years ago)

Post #701 Coffin Ramp Rejecting fix - Clear plastic under headstone Posted by 27dnast (6 years ago)

Post #890 Pinball Rebel Instruction cards Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #958 Mounting the prototype plastics Posted by Drano (5 years ago)

Post #975 Mist Gate Troubleshooting Posted by Bryan_Kelly (5 years ago)

Post #1002 Making a Left Mist Gate? - Click the link Posted by aobrien5 (5 years ago)

Post #1065 BSD Shop Out Guide Posted by gtown (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 6 years ago

Hi,

I noticed that the red lightning flippers from Pinball Center have an 'X' and not a 'W' embossed on them. I assume that these are knockoffs on the genuine Williams flippers. Would that be correct?

It is not a huge deal, but some folks likely want the lightning flippers with the 'W' embossed on the flippers to maintain more of an authentic look.

Gord

1 month later
#264 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Search RGP, there are posts about it there...you just need some hex posts...just need to figure out the size and length...mine came with proto slings but I sold them...so ugly haha

Quoted from Fintan_Stack:

Could one of you kind BSD owners please take a close up pic of how your proto sling plastics are installed? I have some but I'm trying to work out the best way to fit them. Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Duplicate. Mods, please delete

#266 6 years ago

Search RGP, there are posts about it there...you just need some hex posts...just need to figure out the size and length...mine came with proto slings but I sold them...so ugly haha

Could one of you kind BSD owners please take a close up pic of how your proto sling plastics are installed? I have some but I'm trying to work out the best way to fit them. Would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Here are a couple of photos of the prototype slingshot plastics mounted on Tim Hanian's BSD.

Gord

dracula_nos_playfield_050.jpg dracula_nos_playfield_051.jpg

1 month later
#306 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadow_E:

Does anyone out there have an extra plastic (the long one that goes under the Abbey on the left side of the game)? I have some other plastics for trade and am hoping I can work something out that helps one of you and me at the same time.
Also, I've owned the game now for about a month and while I knew it would be a good game to improve my skills on, I didn't realize how quickly it would pay off. I've had The Shadow for 3+ years or so and never hit the final battle once. After playing BSD non-stop, I went back to TS...scored my first BILLION and hit the final battle two games in a row. Felt pretty dang good.

Is this the plastic that you are seeking? I have completed 5 orders with the Pinball Center and they ship fast and it takes about 2 weeks to receive the package from the time that I placed my orders.

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/dracula-plastic-31174417-p-4278.html?language=english

Gord

9 months later
#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from kpull:

Thanks. Got some work to make sure I can mold them correctly. Then work on paint.
Keith

Hi Keith,

That is a big improvement over the Ron Jeremy Dracula figure. Please post photos after you paint this. I for one would buy this mod if the paint comes out looking as good as the figure.

Gord

1 month later
#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Would Lefkoff be drilling his own metal, I think not . I am Kevin from Lyons Classic PInball.
Do all BSD's have the metal hammerlite side rails ? I have only seen this on a friends CFBL.

Hi Kevin,

Not sure if they all do or not. Mine does have the metal hammerlite side rails as well.

Gord

3 years later
#4863 2 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Appreciate the information. Below is photos of both the headstone, which yes, you are correct, there is not a hex post where one should be. Pictured is also my ramp from several different angles. Is the plastic top indeed missing? If you notice, there seems to be a slight bump or raise to the ramp where they meet. This seems to slow the ball enough that it goes back down the ramp more often than not. Thanks for the help. These things just aren't in the manual.
So to track these down you said the plastic top is on etsy somewhere here. Any idea on the post size and threads? I looked on Marco specialties and there are, of course, a ton of them. Now I just need to dive in and disassemble down to those hex posts that are probably in the wrong spot. Trial and error or has anyone posted a teardown? (I looked to no avail)
Again, thanks to everyone for the input. I'm a newcomer to ownership. Not afraid to get my hands dirty but it's a little intimidating not knowing where to go for answers and having the fear of asking stupid questions.

Below is a photo from my BSD of the same area. You can get the new BSD coffin shroud mod from Pinsider colsond3 provided that he still has a few extras.

Here is a URL for a couple of BSD clear plastics including the one for the ramp by the coffin.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/173278432/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear

Gord

P1000609 (resized).JPG

#4868 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Huh. I never knew that was in there either.
Thanks for posting those pics! Also, could they not put them in the right order?

Below is a PDF excerpt of the same page that Bill took photos of in the BSD manual.

Gord

Coffin_Plate_Assembly.pdf

#4870 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Thanks Gord - I didn't want to break apart my book to scan it.

Hi Bill,

No problem at all. I have a soft copy (PDF) of the BSD manual and saved the one page in question (2-33) as a PDF so I didn't need to scan it either.

Gord

#4878 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

PM GRB 1959. He has the manual in pdf, which would show the sizes of those pieces.

The BSD manual is available for download via the following URL.

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3072/Williams_1993_Bram_Stoker_s_Dracula_English_Manual.pdf

Gord

1 week later
#4896 1 year ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I have a quick gameplay question, when the ball drops into the left outlane off the wireforms it lands in in front of the inlane switch thus not activating it. Should it hit that switch? Or is it meant not to?

Hi Patrick,

On my BSD when the ball drops directly above (behind) the left inlane switch via the left wireform it rolls over the left inlane switch 100 percent of the time and does indeed activate the switch. Is the ball rolling over the left inlane switch on your BSD after travelling on the left wireform?

If it is not then it sounds like your left wireform may need to be adjusted so that it drops the ball behind (above) the left inlane switch. Below are some photos of the left inlane and left wireform on my BSD for reference.

Gord

P1000676 (resized).JPG
P1000664 (resized).JPG
P1000665 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#4919 1 year ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Looking for some help with a ridiculous question. I am in the midst of replacing some bulbs. Where is the #16 lamp (r.ramp lock)? I have a manual but it isn't listed on the lamp diagram (of course), and I can only guess it has never worked since I have owned her because when in lamp test mode, I get nothing and I have never missed it until now.
Thanks in advance.

Here is the requested video.

Gord

3 weeks later
#4963 1 year ago
Quoted from marksf123:

That is great - decided to buy one....

Do you have a URL for this topper to purchase?

Gord

#4968 1 year ago

Thanks for the link.

Gord

1 month later
#5043 1 year ago
Quoted from Kas24:

Does anyone make a BSD translate?

In October of 2012 I purchased a really nice reproduction BSD translite from Arcade Overlays. I sold it to another Pinsider in February of 2016 as I had purchased it for wall art. The translite was very nice and looked great in my BSD.

http://www.arcadeoverlays.com/pinball-translites/

I see that the BSD reproduction translites are no longer on the above listed website, however you may want to reach out via the following email address to see if they have any BSD translites available.

orders@arcadeoverlays.com

Regards.

Gord

3 months later
#5275 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Are you missing the clear plastic in the attached picture? (looks like it's missing in your photo). Likely the answer. Someone on Etsy sells replacements.

#5305 1 year ago
Quoted from hotquac:

medisinyl
Do you have a picture of how that plastic is supposed to go on the coffin ramp? My machine is also missing a plastic there and I have the same issues (hard to consistently hit the coffin loop.)

I have the following photo from my BSD and circled the clear plastic that goes on top of the coffin ramp. Hopefully this helps you out.

Gord

P1000660 - Circled (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#5366 1 year ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Post the pics, but you need that plastic. The etsy link is in this thread a dozen times. Or a quick Google will find it.

1 week later
#5404 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

The one I have is skinny and wobbles around in the hole.

Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Sounds like a personal problem.....

Ouch, that is going to leave a mark.

2 weeks later
#5457 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thanks so much, aobrien5!
Well, I had to do some changes in my Custom Free Card, because it was problem a lighter background with chrome vinyl. I will show results below.
Before that, here is original design to compare:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/108#post-4489268
Note: I will tray with brown colour and chrome vinyl ahead and again.
"Bram Stoker´s Dracula Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (WILLIAMS) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Bram%20Stoker´s%20Dracula%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play%20print1.jpg
"Bram Stoker´s Dracula Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (WILLIAMS) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Bram%20Stoker´s%20Dracula%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play%20print2.jpg
[quoted image][quoted image]
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.
Regards

Can these very well done BSD cards be downloaded or purchased?

Gord

2 weeks later
#5505 1 year ago

Scroll down to the 'Trivia' section towards the bottom of the following web page. According to this web page BSD shipped with the yellow lightning flippers, however BSD was designed to use the regular sized flippers. When BSD production games were shipped they shipped with the yellow lightning flippers in an effort to shorten ball times.

http://www.flippers.be/pinball/williams/bramstokersdracula/bram_stokers_dracula.html

Gord

#5551 1 year ago
Quoted from TDEX:

ok! I cleaned the switch with isopropyl alcohol it doesn't seem to be sticking,however I noticed a thin strip of metal that just dangles loosely. looks like a leaf switch. if I shake the table a little it causes the drop target to malfunction. my question is
is that strip of metal supposed to be so loose?

Something may be broken or loose. Take a nice high resolution photo of the dangling metal piece and post it in this thread and I am certain that you will get the help that you desire from this group.

Gord

1 month later
#5717 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

How are most of you removing the rails...your method? Or are you just buying new ones to have them powder coated?

You may want to review the thread below for how I removed the side rails from my TZ. The method detailed by @silverballnut worked perfectly and I was able to remove the side rails without damaging either the side rails or the cabinet decals.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/side-rail-removalinstallation-for-decaled-tz

Gord

2 months later
#6019 11 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Well, I've seen some here claim they can do it. I don't think there's any way in hell you could do it, even without cleaning anything.

You may want to heed this advice as bryan_kelly has completed 4-5 BSD restorations (including mine which turned out awesome) so he does know what he is talking about.

Gord

4 weeks later
#6098 10 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The red armor or the translite?
I’d be interested in grabbing one of those translites if someone can figure out where it came from.

+ 1 on the translite. I have never seen that BSD alternate translite, but I am guessing that several of us BSD owners would purchase one if available.

Gord

4 months later
#6327 6 months ago

Below is a PDF of the switch matrix chart for BSD and a PDF of the CPU board layout. According to the switch matrix chart the 'Launch Ball' button connects to the following two points on the CPU board for Row 4 Column 3.

J209-4 White-Yellow Wire
J207-3 Green-Orange Wire

You may also need to investigate to see if there is a broken wire somewhere in your row/column chain.

Gord

BSD_Switch_Matrix.pdf
BSD_CPU_Board.pdf

1 month later
#6501 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Some new art is available. Comes bloodied or non.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, the non-bloodied BSD alternate translite is gorgeous. If you ever produce these for sale let the group know as I know I would buy one and I am sure that many others would as well.

This is the best alternate translite that I have ever seen for BSD.

Gord

#6521 5 months ago

I just installed my new BSD alternate translite today. It looks great and the colors are very vivid.

Gord

P1010433 (resized).JPG
P1010438 (resized).JPG

#6527 5 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Looks good...I’m excited to get mine. Did you have to switch out any of your bulbs?

I did not change out any bulbs in the back box. I am using incandescent bulbs.

Gord

2 months later
#6759 89 days ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I just did a finish similar[quoted image]

HI Robert,

Your arm also matches the leg that you powder coated. I like the originality.

Gord

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside