(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17,903 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Pinbolls
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from MAJRob:

I am moving to Falls Church VA next week and always in the mood to rotate the collection. I will miss my NJ brethren though.

Come join us in the FSPA league. League is a great place to meet the locals and find other collections to play

http://www.fspazone.org

1 year later
#1197 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Made a new trade thread for my Avatar. Only looking for even trades or + cash on your end for lesser valued games, I am unable to pay up. Not looking for arcades (video games) either. Link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-for-trade-huo-avatar-pro-in-virginia-nova

Played this game a lot last night. Akm's game is Certainly the nicest avatar I've played. Makes the game actually look desirable . A beautiful example

#1198 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Indy has been sold.

Thanks for having us billsfanmd. Billsfanmd was a great seller to work with... And I'm certainly jealous of some of those game room items

3 weeks later
#1425 8 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Are there any project EMs or any games sub 1K for sale close to I95? Shoot me a PM! I'll be passing by there in the next day or two

I have a bally flipflop - some typical wear, **PERFECT** BG, but cabinet paint is flaking significantly. A Williams gay 90s.. some wear, but painted over cabinet and BG is split (but holds together just fine).
IMG_6350-X3.jpgIMG_6350-X3.jpg
IMG_6351-X3.jpgIMG_6351-X3.jpgIMG_6352-X3.jpgIMG_6352-X3.jpgIMG_6323.jpgIMG_6323.jpg

Gay 90s is all put back together.. that was just the only PF shot I had lying around.

#1444 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Game cleaning up. Have a bunch of pms but local takes priority.

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

Did you post a price?

#1455 8 years ago

drama... go home. seriously let's not let that kind of stuff get attention it so desperately seeks. I was hoping this was a bit of an oasis here on pinside... all action, no drama

#1485 8 years ago

Man... I love t-mek.. Would hate to move it tho

1 month later
#1709 8 years ago

Listed my Indianapolis 500 - $2500
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/25925

Planning on taking it to York on Friday.. so locals speak up quick Anyone who has been to the Fairfax Tournament previously.. this is the game that was in the PAPA Circuit event.

Will get more photos tonight..

IMG_5290.jpgIMG_5290.jpg

IMG_5280.jpgIMG_5280.jpg

IMG_5282.jpgIMG_5282.jpg

IMG_5278.jpgIMG_5278.jpg

2 weeks later
#1845 8 years ago

Pinside inflation making a strong comeback it seems I guess always a good thing if you can find a pinside buyer

1 week later
#1929 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What did T2 sell for? I have one I'm finishing and someone is buying it at $2400, but if he backs out just wondering what going price is?

Both those prices are well above what they've been selling for at York. ~2200 is where the action was IIRC. Year prior there was a LED'd one that was ~1900 I think.

#1943 8 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I am planning a trip up North to trade a Ruby Red Woz for several pins and a few of those are available.

That your deal with KevinM finally closing? I'd be interested in that Escape from Lost World if it's cheap

3 weeks later
#2109 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I traded my TFTC for a BSD yesterday and wow! BSD is a fun pin! Fast and brutal with those damn lightning flippers and outlane opened up. Only was able to get my wife to agree because we have another TFTC that we can mod together and keep. She loved shopping and modding that with me and she considered it a keeper.

Thrirrrrty million! One of the best payoffs in pinball. A reasonable goal that will keep you coming back over and over as the game punishes you

#2110 8 years ago

I saw houseofpin's games tonight... His games are basically as close as you'll get to nib without being nib or paying crazy restoration prices.

Darin.. If you still want acdc you should jump on his. Completely cherry plus shaker and tnt mod.

Metallica is taken \oo/

#2118 8 years ago
Quoted from BazaarMunchkin:

How was the Spidey? Or was it already out the door?

I didn't go over it.. just looked at it in passing.. but from a cursory look, you should expect a near perfect game and then work back from there. houseofpin was very accommodating and left it to the buyer to decide what is and is not. But he's pretty adamant on only selling enough to get under his room constraints.. and the 3 games may be sold pretty quick. I would just get in touch with HOP and have a conversation on your intentions and see if you can work something out. I'm a "get there and decide from there" type, but you can expect pretty high condition standards as your starting point.

#2119 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I've been over to Dan's a few times and the games are mint. Was going to buy the Metallica but decided to pass only because we're adding a bathroom to the basement and the money is going towards that.

And I appreciate you and your wife's priorities for my own selfish gains I hope to be able to connect with our WV neighbors sometime in the future. It seems there is alot of pin has grown to the west of me in recent years yet we haven't connected after all these years.

#2120 8 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

however, Steve never panicked nor should he have and I hope that was because he knew that Dan was a good guy and we would eventually find his money....meant a lot to me that he showed no worry....THANKS STEVE for just being a great guy and sorry to tell on you but it was a funny story and you handled it better then probably anyone could have and my wife was laughing when I told her and assured me that anyone wouldn't have worried and even she could tell that I was an "alright guy" shortly after meeting me....LOL.

I just knew I could recover it with my bear claw hands if needed

1 week later
#2179 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

OT: Does anyone know of a pinball league in the Baltimore area?

DMV plays in the city and in Glen Burnie.. as well as in DC and VA - dmvpinball.com

FSPA is the grand daddy (25+ years) and for baltimore plays in Elkridge right off 95 - http://www.fspazone.org/gotovbh.html

Both leagues encourage people to drop by and play as a guest to check things out.

1 month later
#2474 8 years ago
Quoted from CCary:

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that pinnaf guy or whatever. He likes to stir things up. Lol. Randy been around making decent deals with us pin guys for a long time. He is a good guy...

Just a to tie all the convos together... I bought my first pin from randy back in 1999... And it was a TZ.... And I still have it

Slam dunk

#2566 8 years ago

It takes two to tango...

People can post dumb things and try to defend it.. or they can just post and believe the reader will make their own decisions. Often it's just best to take the high road and let the detractors do their own thing...

But on this topic of collab, etc. I think the local collector community between VA and MD is quite strong.. and much deeper than most of us realized over the years. I have been brainstorming ways to get the collectors out and together.. for those who have no interest in the shows or leagues. The benefit would be for networking, parts swaps/sales, demos/exposures to games or mods you may not have seen, maybe even education for those who are interested in certain fix/mod/restore topics.. and possibly open houses for those that are interested. Even in the simplest idea.. imagine us having one of the Stern Launch Parties so people can come and see the latest title.. or what if there were some new significant mods to see, etc.

Many collectors love to have others over and enjoy sharing their collections with like minded people -- but they just don't want random internet joe showing up at their door. Having a 'collectors club' where people can associate and vet each other provides that filtering mechanism for people to establish a rapore with each other and get comfortable.

Personally I think the networking is the great part.. for as much as everyone is buying/selling.. having people you have had previous contact with and a level of trust really makes the experience so much easier.

Remove the keyboard.. get together.. and people tend to be far more compatible in person. While everyone may not be my best friend who I met in the hobby, I can't say I've really met people I say would be a deterrent.. and by far.. I've met a lot of people I wish we all were a stronger web together!

#2572 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Yup.. I'd love to view other folk's collections.. hell, I saw BigD's collection, before everything changed.
I only have one game (two if you count Nudge-It), and a few other small pieces, so I would welcome any visitor over - I just can't have a 'party' or large gathering, as most folks would be bored out of their minds. That will change, eventually, of course.
Of course, I technically don't live in MD *or* VA, so I'm out.

We count you east west virginians as close enough Heck, half of you seem to work in NoVA

2 weeks later
#2880 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

It was flagged for removal.

Apparently that is a tactic some CL snipers use to eliminate competition...

#2942 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I've contacted a couple of local glass shops to get estimates for standard playfield glass in bulk. So far the best I've gotten is ~$46/sheet. Waiting to hear back from a couple more places and hoping for something a bit lower. I'll post an update once I have all the estimates; if I place the order I'm happy to sell the extras to Pinsiders at cost as long as you're willing to pick it up- I'm in Sterling, VA.
-Mike

Allentown is coming up in May.. there will be cheap glass there. Also, if FPO ends up happening, Trent usually comes and brings really cheap glass (if he arranges it up front). Unless people are time sensitive.. you'd be better off waiting till those events or cutting a deal with someone like Trent to arrange a bulk buy/pickup.

Literally he brought a PALLET of glass last time and sold out in 2 days. I think he had it as low as $20 that time... but I think the $35 range is more frequent for new glass.

#2950 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Will you please keep me informed if fpo happens

FPO = Fairfax Pinball Open

The locals have started another location for pins in the heart of Fairfax.. with 11 or 12 games or so already on site. Games like Metallica, TWD, GOT, AC/DC, WH20, MB, Radical, Sopranos, Harlem, some EMs, and more. The location is only a few weeks old, but as they get settled in they are planning to run FPO out of that location I believe. http://www.fspazone.org/gotored.html

Also note that Magfest at National Harbor is this coming week. We'll be providing many games for that event too

1 week later
#3046 8 years ago
Quoted from PinJoint:

they guy stated its 1/2 of his partners', whatever that means. does seem shady as all hell.

Just tell him the buyers are a partnership too.. you, smith, and wesson... see where that goes

#3070 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i no longer own the pin but it is worth more than you stated. you seem to state a lot about games you know nothing about. i guess thats youth rearing its i know everything head.

No one wants to pay B/W DMD prices for those Gottlieb Sys3 games. Maybe it hurts you.. but it's the truth. They've always been seen as inferior and less desirable than the peers of their time.. even the Sega/DE games. Throwing LEDs into them doesn't change that... and those who pimp out those games thinking it drives up their values are just fooling themselves.

They are nearly bulletproof - but undesirable games.

#3121 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Tron is overrated

I run a homeless shelter for overrated games... feel free to drop one off on my doorstep anytime

#3169 8 years ago

And just FYI for those lurkers... these 'wanted' posts do often lead to games appearing

The poster ISO of Indiana Jones landed a buy this week...

#3186 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I've only played GOT once, and I have played LOTR about 4 times. Maybe I didn't give GOT enough time, but I liked LOTR much better than GOT. Anyone else have these same feelings?

GOT scoring/multipliers are complex.. so its difficult to appreciate initially. With more exposure to the rules and other players, you can see how this game has lots of ways to play and score.

It's still ugly... but it's gonna be a player.

#3187 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just played two games of GOT in under 5 minutes, so I don't know WTF you're talking about. .

GOT is one of the longest running game time games at our league location. OOB it plays long. It can also beat you, but once things get rolling, it goes on and on and on.

1 month later
#3426 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Met was picked up tonight and pdi glass has been paid for. Thanks

Thanks for having us over. Your pins look great.. just build a shed out back so you can keep expanding

1 month later
#3572 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thinking of possibly selling or trading my acdc luci. Its absolutely perfect and loaded with just about every nice mod u wld want and then some. Love the pin but its very difficult even compared to my bsd. Twdp. Imve. Im interested in b/w pins i haven't owned and also GB premium / le /pro. Also other stern titles. If interested let me know what you have for trade . If i cant find anything for trade i may sell outright .

ease up the outlanes a bit till you get used to it. I'm telling you.. the first time you get that monster 3x song jackpot you'll be hootin and holler'in.

AC/DC is not as hectic as Metallica when things start stacking.. but you'll feel that pressure of cashing in that big song jackpot while that multiplier is flashing at you.

#3574 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You blow the jackpot...it's devastating!

its easy for me to say.. because when we stopped by his place.. we played one game to compare it to mine (I told him you get used to it) and I completely tanked the game... so I'm all talk

3 weeks later
#3713 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'll be posting my Demolition Man sometime next week I think. I'm waiting for the trigger handles to be powder coated but expect to have them back on Tuesday. The game has cointaker LEDs everywhere but the translite. The cabinet is in great shape minus the backbox side decals that have started to peel a bit at the top and bottom.
Please PM if you're interested. My friends and I really love this game, so I won't be giving it away in terms of price. I will probably list for $2800.
Thanks!

Pretty steep for a less than cherry dm. Good luck!

#3714 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Jay is selling the one from the Railroad. Currently listed for 7k.

at least prices are back... I justified my NIB game back in the day thinking the title was never going down and buy it now while I could.. then HUO dropped to about 5500 before slowly recovering Phew!!

1 week later
#3806 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

At least in Nova, the area has never been a hotbed of pin sales. At least since since I moved here in '04

There is always plenty of action between WV,Philly, to Richmond. I've never driven further than 1.5hrs to get a game and there is always plenty of collector->collector sales going on.

The classifieds aren't nearly as great as they used to be simply due to all the competition for people to swoop in quickly.

The thing about the volume of games declining is largely driven by the fact the games have aged and there was so little new games going into the system. There were no more huge auctions funneling games from Route Ops to lower tiers and hobbyists. The inventory of 80s and 90s games was either being scrapped, or settling down into collections. The operators and guys that would buy/sell would even tell you the inventory to buy from was really getting tight. Basically, the drying up of the trickle down from Commercial -> hobby was a huge portion of it.

1 month later
#3958 7 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

Upgrades don't really add to the value. $4995 for a NIB metallica PRO and $6695 for a premium. I think you will have a very hard time getting $6K for a modded Pro. Not trying to price police. You could buy one NIB and mod it for much less.

Agreed... with games still available NIB and used minty ones selling well under 4400... not going to get 1700+ for mods unless its super pimp stuff that is a pain to source, like custom powdercoat, etc etc.

per3per3... you are competing with new inventory, so prices are only going to be below NIB, not above for the game itself.. and recovering your mod investment is going to be very buyer dependent (and on the mods themselves). You may be more in the 4800-5000 range depending on what you really have in it.

#3978 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

New pros are selling for $5600 and premiums for $7100...those are stern's price controlled prices. I have never seen a pro sell for $4400 ever, but that would be one hell of a low price for such a highly rated game unless the machine had issues.

I don't want this to seem like a pile on.. since some people have already responded with some insight on the actual pricing out there. Some simple guidance there is, don't go on advertised prices for NIB games, you actually have to talk to people and get past the 'oh, you are random person who found me on google?' sales response and get the actual 'you are a hobbyist buyer who doesn't pay retail' response

As for used prices... I have personally been involved in 3 MET Pro sales in the last 8 months all in the price range I mentioned right here in NoVA.
Darin sold a significantly mod'd minty HUO MET Pro to a friend for $4500 back in april - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/2?tu=bigd1979#post-3071939
I bought a barely played, flawless HUO MET Pro with moderate mods (shaker, art, lightning rails, etc) from houseofpin for $4500 back in December. - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread?tq&tu=houseofpin#post-2819919
I know of lightly routed MET Pro LED that sold to another local guy for well under that number as well (I won't quote it as I don't know if the price was public)

When I was shopping, my target price was $4200 for a non-LED MET Pro... I paid more based on the basically NIB game+mods and location.

It's a high volume production game, and its still being made... so you aren't getting price appreciation at this point. It's just about how much value has the game kept, based on condition, location, and then what add-ons are on.

Again, not trying to pile on... just sharing some hands on experience with the game sales of late. Good luck with what you choose with your game.

#3982 7 years ago
Quoted from frogman70:

Darin sold his met pro in 3 hours and the one u bought didn't take much longer then that, so I don't think that's an indication of market value? Also I have called MANY dealers and have not found a new professional for under $5600 shipped. So imo used properly prices have increased sense there previous nib shipped price of $4500

I have not shopped games in the last few months... but I know at Allentown quoted prices (and this was immediately AFTER the whole stern fixed pricing thing) were $5100 if I recall (cointaker and trent) for GB pro. And since then, I'm sure the games of how to get around that have come around. You'll note I'm not quoting NIB prices.. only stating that the owner is competing with NIB availability.

Popular games sell right away when priced right. If your game doesn't sell in days in this area, you probably have it priced wrong or its a game people aren't really into. People always want to talk about what they THINK games are worth... I cited examples of transactions I was actually *IN*. Proof is in the pudding.

If you don't like my cites... you can try these listings
$4600 for HUO plus expensive mods from

Edit: WTF.. stupid forum software chewed up my URLs to market place ads - I'm not doing it again. Go research the marketplace archive.. you'll see routed games from 4000, clean games from 4300, and heavily mod'd ones available for 4700. All within the last few months

#4024 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I wish i cld get into tron bc id try work something out since i know your a good seller

Getting into TRON is all about wanting to complete the objective. It's about the lure of getting to Portal. Loving TRON is about getting addicted to completing the objective and being taunted by shots like the Gem shot. If you aren't the type that doesn't get bit by the idea of pushing to get to the goal.. it will seem kind of flat to you. But the music is catchy too

It's a good shooter.. but relatively straight forward in game play. It's the objective that keeps you coming back.

2 weeks later
#4172 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

i think he is about $1,000 low

Luci is nice... But who pays an extra 3k for different cabinet art?? That's insane

#4189 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Why are all the T2s around here (well on eBay) $4K ?

Because... eBay?

#4200 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

None within range on pinside. Like I said, had one lined up but didnt have the scratch together in time. Now I got the cheddar and there are none near by. Whomp Whomp

Being in DE.. you may be in a low spot.. but you are within striking distance of NJ/Philly/CentralPA/MD/DC/NoVA - you have the world at your fingertips. Part of buying games is being willing to move fast and travel within reason. It just comes with the territory.

Why T2 4k? Because ebay prices are redonkulous. The game moves between collectors typically around the 2k point and north depending on condition.

1 week later
#4270 7 years ago

Don't forget... the ads policy isn't just about money. It's about the DATA. By forcing ads into the market place they build the database of data they want to enable other features you may be interested in... historical sales data, similar games sold, etc. The policy is just as much about structured data as it is money going out the door IMO.

What I don't like is having two 'full time employees', a reasonable sized volunteer mod staff, and then things like bug reports still go weeks without resolution. It feels like you are just allowing guys to have their dream jobs.. rather than actually hiring staff.

#4271 7 years ago

(and I note they just disabled uploads for this subforum... thats a not so subtle hint! BOOOOOOOO)

1 week later
#4372 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I-95 and 495 and 695 up here are horrible. 1-2 hour delays all the time. No end in sight. They try express lanes (pay) HOV lanes,. Traffic is just horrible. No more rush hour. You can be backed up at 1pm for hours. I try and make deals at 7am or late at night .To avoid traffic I took Dulles toll road the other day, $9 to go 15 miles. I try and get pins delivered

Now imagine if that was your normal commute route . You could have sent a note and dropped by... We're right on the toll corridor

#4377 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Yep. That's one of the reasons I moved out of Ashburn when I bought my house. Not that Rt 50 is much better, but at least it's not a choice between paying the toll or driving Waxpool Rd.

Hey, driving through arcola this AM was a nightmare of its own Waxpool is finally getting some relief with Gloucoster Parkway opening.. but its still a madhouse.

I think it took 15mins to get through the light at evergreen.. and heading North was even worse.. no idea where those people are going

1 month later
#4744 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ft is super fun and will be nice to have it and alien to swap

except... you won't be able to just swap like they originally said. Alien has a new core hardware set you need to upgrade. I assume the software for FT will run on the alien hardware once you upgrade... they haven't said otherwise and have said they will offer discounted upgrades to FT owners.

#4760 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Hey Everyone I picked up a Gottlieb Raven. I bought it to restore or flip

mistake #1
This game is a boat anchor when it comes to trying to move it on. Wish you luck tho!

2 weeks later
#4882 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

is my SFII over priced or something or does everyone hate the game?

Pretty much one of the worst games You won't have much luck selling that game in collector circles... only to casual fans or someone who thinks owning a pinball would be cool. Craigslist or local ads are your best bet... aka uninformed buyers.

1 week later
#5014 7 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

4500 is a steal. That person got a great price!

I know of three in this area that all sold for sub 4500 in the last 12months. Two of which were mod'd huo.

The game is posed to be one of the highest produced games with nearly all going to collectors. It's not going to appreciate much while that glut of inventory and first time owners is out there. Like acdc... It took time after they were done before the climb started. And the prices people are paying is crazy. 8k for a premium?? Nuts

#5029 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

$20-$25 at the flea market and yard sales. I've never bought on retail because they're so easy to find used.

Buy me some! I've been on the interest for two.. but haven't put in the extra time/miles to find any.

#5057 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Got a mint huo one owner walking dead premium i bought nib earlier this year. Has bunch of upgrades/mods like shaker,el fence, all cliffys, pinblades, bunch of other pinball refinery mods and other stuff. I'm looking to trade for a Scared stiff number one but also possibly in cv, totan, mm,tom , jy, ngg and plus or minus cash depending on the deal.

Quoted from stretch2:

Awesome fully modded Tron Pro still available.Have had some interesting trade offers, but trying to sell rather than trade at this time...

Can you both wait 8 years till my kids are out of college so I can go back to buying my toys? I want both of these. K thx bye

2 weeks later
#5175 7 years ago

It is too easy tho. It's very similar to TOM in that it looks good, sounds good, is approachable by new players, and has a theme many can connect with. That drives its price... but for a player you out grow it. There really isn't any strategy to the game besides finish things and get your multiball extenders qualified.... and don't ignore that spider scoop

Last time I was at Todd Yolders... I finished the game two times over in my first game. Still haven't managed to finish the spider modes tho...

#5184 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

The drive? You're balking at a HUO light-use GB Premium for $500 less than the lowest known dist-to-door price (and the wait since pre-orders are still being filled) and balking at a cross-state drive? At first I thought maybe you were in like Montana or Texas or something, but you're in the same state as the op LOL.
Monday Morning Dumbfoundedness Bump for the OP.

Or seen another way... paying near full price for a second hand game with lots of uncertainty around how Stern will support PF swaps, let alone private resale versions of the game.. and spending a full day and probably $100 in travel expenses.

TL:DR - don't be a dick about people not leaping at sale offers that you may see differently

#5202 7 years ago

He's one of the nicest guys in the hobby. Not sure how you guys crossed, but he's a great guy to work with.

2 weeks later
#5333 7 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Dudes in the DC area, beware of these scammers.. I've got another pinside post on how we almost got screwed by them, hopefully it helps someone.
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

The Italians ended up be Nigerian???

1 week later
#5407 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If the code doesn't mature I don't see it having legs.

I just want the bugs fixed... the bugs are pretty in your face in this game

1 month later
#5613 7 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

I'm down in Silver Spring for work next week. Would like to head over to VUK. Any tournaments during the week?

You could head over to Volleyball House in Elkridge who has league night on Wednesdays. Or down into DC to Lyman's on Tuesday for league

See
http://www.fspazone.org/gotolyman.html
http://www.fspazone.org/gotovbh.html

VUK plays on Sundays.

#5624 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I found a STTNG. Still looking for Addams and also a Whitewater. Preferably really nice condition and 100% playing but not looking for the fully restored versions at the high end.
Thanks,
Dave

Paul McGlone is looking to sell his Whitewater Dave. I think you guys have crossed paths previously? You might try checking with him

#5631 7 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

a little out there, but whatever. where would be my best bet to find a gauntlet legends arcade machine? i'm thinking looks good, everything works, ~$500.

Lookup coinopwarehouse in Hagerstown

1 week later
#5773 7 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

Those are definitely not CA prices .

well we are in the Mid-Atlantic thread.. so

#5823 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Are you and jeffpm getting to Scared Stiff or getting to Spider MB?
I had one for a bit and never reached spider MB. I agree getting to Scared Stiff is doable on a regular basis but that's why you have difficulty settings. Almost any WPC or WPC95 is going to get old if you don't set it up with difficult settings. Even then, the rules are such that if the end game is to reach the wizard mode you are will get bored with them if you own them for a while.

Last time I was at Todd Y's place I missed getting spider MB only because I missed timing the last damn award 3 times in a row! After playing scared stiff twice in that game and all that.. I didn't need to play it anymore that night

#5840 7 years ago

Which is why all game purchases should be "I'll come and look at it" and then decide from there. All you need to decide is if its worth a trip or not...

#5883 7 years ago

LEDs saved Monster Bash from it's dark dark design

2 months later
#6233 6 years ago

Just picked up a HUO paragon so this one is on the block.

1 month later
#6431 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Nothing wrong with flippin, Its America...Supply and Demand...Risk and Reward...Can be annoying? YES

Hobbyists blocking other hobbyists so you can make a quick buck as a hobbyist... yes that's a problem. If you don't want it, don't cock block others.

2 weeks later
#6495 6 years ago

I need a sugar daddy...

1 week later
#6539 6 years ago

Ditto!

#6542 6 years ago

It will be one of the few games in my collection that doesn't have the Flynnibus "virus" on the leaderboard.

Ill spit at at whilehugging woz

6 months later
#7740 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “1985 Eight Ball Champ for sale - Plays and scores 100% - All coils, switches, and displays fully functional - Backglass and displays are perfect - Cabinet is solid and is clean b...”
2018-03-07
Ashburn, VA
Archived after: 97 days
Viewed: 723 times
Contributed to Pinside

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Here is the desirable Slick Chick! Complete with trademark daring artwork This a solid example of the game, mainly letdown by it's poor backglass (repos are available). It's...”
2018-01-24
Ashburn, VA
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 205 times

Come get 'em!!

1 month later
#8014 6 years ago

Eight Ball Champ for sale

Will be taking it to Allentown for those who are further away and would be interested..
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59423

2 months later
#8310 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Whats the lock for where the shooter rod usually is?

Was likely a service credit switch. Was a common mod done by operators.

They would mod the cabinet to keep the location out of the coin door

3 weeks later
#8448 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have a backup WPC-95 one, and figured I should also have one for WPC89 games... looking for the power box / line filter at the front of the cab:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65243

I have a used box painted... but not wired. Mantis also sells the box in stainless. But you can build it from scratch with about 15-20 in parts. Insulator paper from pinrestore/Marco... fuse holder... switch from Home Depot ... snap in outlet from anywhere (I bought some from eBay )... and extension cord from HD. Also should have the strain relief hole insulator... should be able to find easy

2 weeks later
#8511 5 years ago

Do any of the locals have the medium yellow enamel screen printing paint for backbox stencils?

It sucks to order $50 in paint when you need about 4 tablespoons worth

#8515 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Not too local but would be happy to give you some. The quarts do go a very long way.

Thx... yeah you’re a bit far . I went ahead and ordered some. I’m already getting a free ride on the screen. so can’t complain. The next local will benefit

1 week later
#8573 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

WHAT! WTF
MOMs is way further for me. Damn it...

MOMs is literally minutes from the beltway. It's less than 1 mile from the 95/Rt1 interchange.

VUK will be around for now... but it has always been a dead-man walking location. It's why the location was picked in the first place... cheap due to pending redevelopment.

MOMs will be the next evolution... 25-50pins.

3 weeks later
#8689 5 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

Looking to buy a working The Getaway: High Speed II in nice condition within a few hours drive of Southern Maryland. Zip code 20653 for reference and mapping. Feel free to PM me if you know of one in striking distance.

I will have one... 'soon' if Chris ever finishes my powdercoat. Keep an eye out here.

And ironically... I grew up in 20653

#8693 5 years ago
Quoted from vaevictis:

What?!? LPC in the house! The county always surprises me.

Moved away 25 years ago... but grew up there right in town. Essex south. Actually my parents are moving out of the county this week after 40 years in SMIBville.

1 month later
#8985 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Anyone sitting on used displays for Williams/Bally, Stern/Sega/Data East, Gottlieb, Capcom machines? I am in need of 13 all must be in working condition with no issues.

Can you be more specific? You've basically labeled every manufacturer... but not which display type

I have at least 2 Stern LED DMD Displays and 1-2 DMD Plasma displays all in perfect order.

1 week later
#9025 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I've never did a trade but do a 6 month loan with one of my friends. The deal is he lightly shops the game (cleans and wax playfield. Installs new rubbers) then plays it for 6 months. I pick it up and drop off a different game. I have complete trust in the guy so works out for both of us. We are on game number 3 soon to be game 4.

I have two games in the basement like that now.. and have traded with friends for temp as well. I don't think I'd do it for a forum aquaintance, but for people we know and see regularly in person. I do it. It's a great way to maximize value without having to sell and rebuy games later

1 month later
#9253 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Still have a nice huo Metallica pro led for sale price reduced $4800

Well that didn't last long . Didn't strike your fancy?

1 month later
#9452 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Looking for a Star Trek or Jurassic Park within driving distance of Crofton Maryland. Can offer cash or, if interested, I have a NIB MacBook Air and PS4 Pro Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle I can offer in partial trade on very favorable terms if you want an awesome Christmas Gift.
Thanks and happy flipping.

I have an off-route JP project (believe to be complete) game if that's the kind of stuff you're into..

1 month later
#9623 5 years ago

I'll have an Stern Elvis GOLD! here in a few days. Single owner HUO, should be pristine. Modern Stern that is very uncommon, and a LE

Contact me if this is up your alley...

1 week later
#9649 5 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I've got a friend who does powder coating in the Northern VA area. Let me know if you're interested.
He is going to do my Dr. Who in the next week or so.

Who Dat?

Do they do plating ?

1 week later
#9726 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “This game has all the tasteful upgrades to make it look modern, but keep the original feel. It plays perfect and looks great. Shopped and 100% working Pingraffix Pinblade interio...”
2019-02-11
Ashburn, VA
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 934 times
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Fully restored (full original status) - “This Getaway is loaded. The game was completely broken down, cabinet redone, and topped out with stunning 2 stage powdercoat from Hotrod arcade. It's powder over chrome for a tra...”
2019-02-11
Ashburn, VA
4,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 1687 times
Contributed to Pinside

Locals come get them before they go away...

5 months later
#10753 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Nice Airborne reference

you mean top gun

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.