(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,129 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Turboghia
  • Topic is favorited by 345 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,542 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

There are 11129 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 223.
#4251 3 years ago

Figured I would post this here as I do make it to Baltimore, MD fairly regularly if anyone is interested in a really nice Johnny Mnemonic

Archived after 46 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished “Price Drop for the Weekend I am looking to sell or trade my excellent condition JM. No credit dot. Everything works, Glove recently serviced and cabinet is bright and red!! Pin...”
2016-08-01
Solon, OH

#4252 3 years ago

No new posts in two days. That may be a record.
I guess the new rule enforcements are killing the Regional threads altogether. Nothing new in the Northeast for sale thread either.

#4253 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

No new posts in two days. That may be a record.
I guess the new rule enforcements are killing the Regional threads altogether. Nothing new in the Northeast for sale thread either.

Now that they're a business, they got to compete as such. I'm going to pull my ad and I doubt that I'll ever list here again. I stopped donating for the same reason.

#4254 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Now that they're a business, they got to compete as such. I'm going to pull my ad and I doubt that I'll ever list here again. I stopped donating for the same reason.

Really? Robin is asking $10 or $15 when you sell your machine. I think it is $50 for a NIB machine. Too much for ya?

#4255 3 years ago

Yeah, but Craigslist and Facebook groups are free. Money is money, right?

#4256 3 years ago

What is stopping people from listing a game and then marking it unsold and removing it from their collections? I believe I have seen that several times before.
The bottom line is people are going to donate what they want.

I am not saying I would not pay the fee, but it does appear several don't. I certainly can't say it does not bother me that distributors don't pay a per game fee.

Ads are the only surefire revenue stream. Then Robin could provide an option that would provide even more revenue for a user fee such as $35/year to avoid seeing the ads.

#4257 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Really? Robin is asking $10 or $15 when you sell your machine. I think it is $50 for a NIB machine. Too much for ya?

If you have donated its less than that per machine. I really don't mind as I now sell as many machines on here as I do craigslist. The ad is free they only ask for the fee if it sells. To me I reach more people across the country than I do on Craigslist and its certainly cheaper than ebay percentages.

#4258 3 years ago

I am sure you spend more than $10 at McDonalds or getting your triple latte mocha grande capachino at Starbucks. Man you guys are cheap bastards.

#4259 3 years ago

In fairness, there haven't been many machines on the market around here all summer, might just be the summer lull.

#4260 3 years ago

Also where else on the internet do you not see banner or pop-up ads? I am glad they keep it to JUST pinball. I have no issues with the fees when I sell I am glad to. Sure there are ways to do things off line like in EBAY but I like keeping everything legit and also now it has real sell prices in the data base vs "Value". This site provides so much for free (Including want ads and parts ads) that I don't mind the small fee when selling a machine as I said FAR better than ebay/paypal fees. This weekend I had the weirdest booting issue with a machine I am fixing for a customer. I posted here on pinside and a guy from Australia figured out the issue and it was as simple as a connector plugged in the wrong socket. This fixed the problem in less than 24 hours. Its wonderful in the sense that it saved me money from sending a board out that I thought had some damage by the way the game was acting. The value of this site is far more than the 5-15 dollars for making a sell off of a machine to a worldwide audience. I understand people in this day and age not wanting to be nickeled and dimed but this is far from doing that IMHO.

#4261 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

I am sure you spend more than $10 at McDonalds or getting your triple latte mocha grande capachino at Starbucks. Man you guys are cheap bastards.

Haven't eaten fast food in years or Starbucks ever. Last few games I sold were sold for exactly what I had into it. Maybe $50 "profit" for my time shopping the game. Paying fees, whether it's ebay/paypal, the ATM or Pinside, is to be avoided in my opinion. And I am very cheap because I don't like wasting money. That's why I have a $1900 1995 Toyota minivan for hauling instead of buying a pickup truck or something newer.

Please don't spend other people's money. You wanna pay fees? Go ahead and pay them all day long. Just don't tell me I should too.

#4262 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Don't ask for donation then if you're running it like a business.

#4263 3 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

In fairness, there haven't been many machines on the market around here all summer, might just be the summer lull.

True. A few weeks ago I was here practically begging someone to sell me something lol. It seemed like a bunch of high end Sterns were being posted up for a couple of weeks, then everything sorta stopped. Weird.

#4264 3 years ago

Lots of demand for pins 4k and below with so many new people in the hobby, but not enough pins to go around. It's not worth selling anymore imo bc its to hard to replace it if u want it down the road again unless u buy nib or newer sterns. Im out of room but will store a pin before i sell again.

#4265 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lots of demand for pins 4k and below with so many new people in the hobby, but not enough pins to go around. It's not worth selling anymore imo bc its to hard to replace it if u want it down the road again unless u buy nib or newer sterns. Im out of room but will store a pin before i sell again.

Indeed there a couple i sold that i now want back and if i want them its $$$. I did sell my tron for now and i don't think that be to hard to find again. But the older stuff your not seeing as much as did in the past.

#4266 3 years ago

On Market it still says..."Place your free ad"

#4267 3 years ago

I for one don't mind the fees. This really is a nice site. So many forums on the internet are unusable, because the page is so clogged with advertisements. Those ads are not just a nuisance, they are actively tracking and cataloging your every action. Robin has taken a higher road and not let those vultures pick over this one aspect of our lives.

One of my other favorite sites on the internet is Instructables. They give you a choice; become a member or get a bunch of ads. I've been a member for a few years, because I enjoy what they do.

As a normal user of this site, I expect I will spend an additional 20-40 a year on advertisements. This in support of a great resource is not the end of the world. In fact, I plan on bumping my donation up to the + level next year.

#4269 3 years ago

Kinda surprised the $500 Bobby Orr is still up on Richmond CL. Sure the backglass is shot, but still, I'd go for it if I had the room.

#4270 3 years ago

Don't forget... the ads policy isn't just about money. It's about the DATA. By forcing ads into the market place they build the database of data they want to enable other features you may be interested in... historical sales data, similar games sold, etc. The policy is just as much about structured data as it is money going out the door IMO.

What I don't like is having two 'full time employees', a reasonable sized volunteer mod staff, and then things like bug reports still go weeks without resolution. It feels like you are just allowing guys to have their dream jobs.. rather than actually hiring staff.

#4271 3 years ago

(and I note they just disabled uploads for this subforum... thats a not so subtle hint! BOOOOOOOO)

#4272 3 years ago

That is fucking Bullshit disabling uploads.

#4273 3 years ago

Bull crap

#4274 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

(and I note they just disabled uploads for this subforum... thats a not so subtle hint! BOOOOOOOO)

Maybe we could use Pinballbash:

http://pinballbash.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

#4275 3 years ago

I don't mind the fees. Pinside is doing a service by having such a well run site. $10 fee for a pin worth thousands? Ebay would be much much more. I like buying and selling on pinside because there are knowledgable buyers.

Oh yeah... and don't forget my beautiful Diner for sale...

Archived after 14 days
Not sold: Decided to keep game
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “First things first. I listed this as HUO, but I have no proof that it is. The reason I did it is I don't know how it could have ever been in a public place. The cabinet is nearly...”
2016-08-03
Ellicott City, MD

#4276 3 years ago
Quoted from mdclips:

I don't mind the fees. Pinside is doing a service by having such a well run site. $10 fee for a pin worth thousands? Ebay would be much much more. I like buying and selling on pinside because there are knowledgable buyers.
Oh yeah... and don't forget my beautiful Diner for sale...
machinefor salePlaced 2016-08-03 00:17 (6 days ago)For sale: Diner (Williams, 1990)“First things first. I listed this as HUO, but I have no proof that it is. The reason I did it is I don't know how it could have e...” $ 3,200 mdclips Ellicott City, MD Home Used Only (HUO)

I agree. Ebay is 10% or up to $600 bucks for a pinball. Pinside is a great place to post a pin for sale. $10 bucks is nothing...

#4277 3 years ago

Unfortunately, we now live in a time when we want free shipping, free music, buy one get one and free websites. Its just not realistic to always get something for nothing.

#4278 3 years ago

Speaking of free, has anyone installed Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV box/stick? It's amazing!

#4279 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Speaking of free, has anyone installed Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV box/stick? It's amazing!

Me to, just got a media box and installed Kodi, its awesome, best 50 bucks I spent in a while

#4280 3 years ago

What Kodi add-ons you using? I have it on my pc but haven't really looked at it.

#4281 3 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

What Kodi add-ons you using? I have it on my pc but haven't really looked at it.

I'm using Titanium, which seems to be really good.

#4282 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Unfortunately, we now live in a time when we want free shipping, free music, buy one get one and free websites. Its just not realistic to always get something for nothing.

Point of fact, I saw this week that Hulu will no longer be free.

#4283 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Point of fact, I saw this week that Hulu will no longer be free.

We haven't had cable/directv in years and use a roof antenna for all local networks. The Kodi app on FireTV is awesome because it has everything I'd normally download from Usenet and stream to all TVs from my PC to our WD Live boxes. I don't even need to download anything anymore and now that I'm using a VPN service, I can safely torrent anything I do need and likely can dump my usenet service. Hulu is being cancelled in Sept and Netflix will be next.

#4284 3 years ago

I'm looking for a HUO WOZ. Preferably RR, but still interested in EC. I have some offers and I'm waiting on others but can use more! T2 will go up for sale after I get a machine.

#4285 3 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I use Exodus, seems to be the most popular one my box came preloaded with Genesis which worked fine too

#4286 3 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

I use Exodus, seems to be the most popular one my box came preloaded with Genesis which worked fine too

Genesis and Exodus are included in the Titanium build. Check out a YouTube video of titanium. Very nice interface with all the add-ons pre-installed.

#4287 3 years ago

Exodus is my favorite but i use Phoenix and M4U also for movies. Sports Devil is great for UFC ppv's too but dont use links for the fights find BT Sports 2, ufc ppv's airs on that channel free.

#4288 3 years ago
Quoted from mdelorenzo:

I'm looking for a HUO WOZ. Preferably RR, but still interested in EC. I have some offers and I'm waiting on others but can use more! T2 will go up for sale after I get a machine.

How much for your T2 ? Been lookin for one for a long time

#4289 3 years ago

You guys have piqued my curiosity about this "free tv". Can someone write up a short shopping list on what's needed and how to go about installing/setting everything up? Would love to do something like this but far from a tech genius. Thanks

#4290 3 years ago

I started a Basement thread to discuss this so as to not clutter up this thread. Although with the new for sale rules, looks like this thread won't be very much active anymore.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firetv-using-kodi-builds#post-3286168

#4291 3 years ago

Looking for Space Station, Mousin' Around, Paragon, Harlem Globetrotters, Flash Gordon, Skateball, Time Machine, or TX Sector.

Willing to arrange pick up & shipping if need be.

PM message me if you have any leads. Thanks!

#4292 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

This is so true. I see no problem with paying Pinside a small fee. It's a drop in the bucket for providing a service on their site.

The above sentiment is right. People believe they are entitled to free material - stolen or not - just because.

That's not how the normal world works.

#4293 3 years ago

saw one on altoona's clist a few days ago for $1125. it's gone now, however.

#4294 3 years ago

In an effort to fund a potential TZ or MMr purchase, I might be putting either my TAF or Getaway up for sale (I will put official ads in the marketplace to abide by the new forum rules.

The Addams is in great condition with an excellent playfield and minor cab wear (comes with a new front cab decal to which would delete the carriage bolt holes. Color DMD, full cointaker LED, full cliffy, and several mods including uncle fester, scoop lighting, swamp light, custom 3D printed vault book, and beware of thing sign. Game plays perfectly with newly installed Titan flipperb rubbers. No credit dot.

Getaway is in great shape with full pinball bulb LED kit, mountain mod, donut heaven mod, blue LED flasher topper pair, cushioned stand up target decals, and new superband flipper rubbers. Playfield is excellent and cab is great minus some light flipper button wear and uniform fading. No credit dot.

Please PM me if interested.

#4295 3 years ago

I don't mind the fees but it takes a lot longer to post a for sale add. If they made it more streamlined then it wouldn't be an issue for me. I wrote the entire add, then it kept asking for more and more info. I gave up and listed on KLOV. I hope this new approach doesn't ruin the site.

#4296 3 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

I don't mind the fees but it takes a lot longer to post a for sale add. If they made it more streamlined then it wouldn't be an issue for me. I wrote the entire add, then it kept asking for more and more info. I gave up and listed on KLOV. I hope this new approach doesn't ruin the site.

Does not take me long to post a add less than 5 min So not sure what your doing wrong

#4297 3 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Does not take me long to post a add less than 5 min So not sure what your doing wrong

Agreed. How much easier could it get?

#4298 3 years ago

I must be doing something wrong! It kept coming up with errors that I didn't fill parts out, I would fill them out and it would reset what I just entered. Maybe I should try again?

#4299 3 years ago

So no more pins for sale listings in this thread?
It's the only for sale place i check as I have no desire to have pins shipped nor sort though for sale ads

#4300 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

So no more pins for sale listings in this thread?
It's the only for sale place i check as I have no desire to have pins shipped nor sort though for sale ads

You can still post a game for sale here. However instead of peppering the thread with a half dozen or more photos, Robin has asked that you now create a Market Ad first.

After you do that you can post here with a quick blurb about your game and then use the " Embed this ad in a forum post" link that is on the right hand column of your ad, which will give you a short code to post here.

I am including a shortcode to a FS Ad I placed which is pending as an example: "["pinsidead=37525"]" (Quotes only to show the shortcode)

Archived after 46 days
Sold (amount private)
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished “Price Drop for the Weekend I am looking to sell or trade my excellent condition JM. No credit dot. Everything works, Glove recently serviced and cabinet is bright and red!! Pin...”
2016-08-01
Solon, OH

This is a pretty reasonable request from a guy who is running this site without littering it with garbage like Google DFP ads. It also creates some server performance control and page performance benefits of not having to load dozens of photos. Additionally it helps build the archive which contains useful pricing information and helps people better determine reasonable purchase and sales pricing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Hardware
CPR Playfields
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 199.99
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 32.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 14.95
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 11129 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 223.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside