(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,022 posts
  • 672 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 minutes ago by Barakawins1
  • Topic is favorited by 341 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,542 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

There are 11022 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 221.
#2901 3 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

It is bread and butter tempered glass. they should have it in stock and be able to slice you off a piece in 10 minutes.

I'm told that the thing that makes tempered 'tempered' is a process they do on it after they cut it, and that you can't cut tempered glass.

#2902 3 years ago

Yes and no, they first cut the glass to the size you need then they cook it to about 900' and let it cool down over the course of the day which then makes it tempered. Only proper way to cut after it has been tempered is with lasers.

#2903 3 years ago

I was looking for glass not long ago. The cheapest I found was $55 a sheet. Pinball life was close to the best deal around. If you can wait for the Allentown show you can get it for $30 a sheet. Going to stock up this May.

#2904 3 years ago

Are there any local pinball dealers/resellers near the tri-state area that would sell glass cheaper if picked up on site? I called TNT which is the only one I know of and it is 1.5 hours from here, but no one there new prices and the owner is away until next week.

#2905 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Hey"Sky" does this mean you got it? If so congrats!

Jester i did not get it but i know who did. I am getting one in about a week or so. Needs work but seems to be a big demand for it. We shall see....

#2906 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Are there any local pinball dealers/resellers near the tri-state area that would sell glass cheaper if picked up on site? I called TNT which is the only one I know of and it is 1.5 hours from here, but no one there new prices and the owner is away until next week.

I believe TNT is $60 per sheet. That's what they have listed on their eBay store. Not sure if they will give you a small discount if you buy in person at the shop.

I'm in need of a system 80 wide body glass, and was going to run out to TNT, but will probably wait to see whats at the Allentown show since it sounds like they're cheaper there.

#2907 3 years ago

GRC is 40 a sheet for standard size. They are located in Downingtown PA. If you head up that way, make sure to stop by Pinball Gallery in Malvern!

#2908 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

They just know you're a newbie still and are trying to rip you off.

Umm ok... its a piece of glass what is there to be new with ....

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Umm ok... its a piece of glass what is there to be new with ....

The fact that they're much cheaper than $90 a sheet.

#2910 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

The fact that they're much cheaper than $90 a sheet.

What and the heck are you taking about ? I paid 30.00 -45.00 for all the new glass in my pins and ones i redo . I know better than to buy from certain people and places.

#2911 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I was looking for glass not long ago. The cheapest I found was $55 a sheet. Pinball life was close to the best deal around. If you can wait for the Allentown show you can get it for $30 a sheet. Going to stock up this May.

Very true cant wait for the show and to see all the out of state friends .

#2912 3 years ago

Ok back on track . Im looking for a star trek premium , or sm. I could possibly trade my cftbl towards one or the other . I also can just buy outright if thats a option also.

#2913 3 years ago

I'm looking for a Big Bang Bar. PM me if you have one for sale.

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I tried using a few of my local companies for just back glass and the ranged from 60 -90 lol. I

BigNEWBd1979.

#2915 3 years ago

A few months ago I ordered a piece of tempered playfield glass at Rt.11 Glass near Chambersburg. I paid less than $50 for it and they still have the measurements on file.

#2916 3 years ago

Dude... give it up and move on, I dont determine what the local glass companies charge ....

#2917 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dude... give it up and move on, I dont determine what the local glass companies charge ....

He's playing with ya Bigd......a very silly man he is. I'd just smile and move on.

#2918 3 years ago

There use to be a guy that sold glass at Allentown for a really decent price. Anyone know if he'll be back this year?

#2919 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

There use to be a guy that sold glass at Allentown for a really decent price. Anyone know if he'll be back this year?

I was told he will be back this year.

#2920 3 years ago

I'm looking for wide body glass with a twilight zone attached to it

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

There is one on Ebay for $6,700.

#2922 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Jack James - he is usually there, was there last year. Good dude and will wrap it up in brown paper as well.

#2923 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

There is one on Ebay for $6,700.

Too much.

#2924 3 years ago

Maybe the person will sell it off ebay cheaper since they take alot of the money for fees ? Thats between a 800 and 900 ebay fee I believe so maybe they will take 5900 ?

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Maybe the person will sell it off ebay cheaper since they take alot of the money for fees ? Thats between a 800 and 900 ebay fee I believe so maybe they will take 5900 ?

Also too far. Lots of tz local

#2926 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Also too far. Lots of tz local

I didnt look to see where it was? If there are plenty local u should have one by now?

#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Jack James - he is usually there, was there last year. Good dude and will wrap it up in brown paper as well.

Totally blanked on Jack's name. Great guy from RGP days. I scored a bunch of DW decals when I was doing my restore. Can't wait for Allentown, it's been too long.

#2928 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I didnt look to see where it was? If there are plenty local u should have one by now?

There are plenty out there. I'm being patient for motivated seller I sell my games at good prices and im wsiting for motivated seller

#2929 3 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

GRC is 40 a sheet for standard size. They are located in Downingtown PA. If you head up that way, make sure to stop by Pinball Gallery in Malvern!

Thanks for this! I had no clue either one of those businesses even existed. I'm excited that they are only 30 minutes from my office. Looks like I will be taking my management staff to Pinball Gallery for a manager work outing in the near future!

#2930 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The max Ebay charges is $600 bucks or 10%. So they would still clear just about 6k.. Give or take Paypal fees..

#2931 3 years ago

White Water for trade...see my Market ad for details:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/30966

#2932 3 years ago

WTB looking for another EM preferably complete with good condition back glass and playfield
69 Gottlieb Skipper
66 Bally Bazaar
77 Williams Rancho
67 Gottlieb Surf Side
71 Gottlieb Astro
69 Chicago Coin Astronaut/Moon Shot

#2933 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How many TZ have you sold?

#2934 3 years ago

[comment removed by moderator]

#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They want a small fortune unfortunately. I tried using a few of my local companies for just back glass and the ranged from 60 -90 lol. I can only imagine what they want for the other . Be better to wait for a show or probably order online .

Tempered glass in standard playfield size is $75 right here in town

#2936 3 years ago

Any techs here that are local to Western MD? I know of three but they are all booked up. I've got a machine with a ton of issues that I can't figure out. Paying cash of course.

#2937 3 years ago

I've contacted a couple of local glass shops to get estimates for standard playfield glass in bulk. So far the best I've gotten is ~$46/sheet. Waiting to hear back from a couple more places and hoping for something a bit lower. I'll post an update once I have all the estimates; if I place the order I'm happy to sell the extras to Pinsiders at cost as long as you're willing to pick it up- I'm in Sterling, VA.
-Mike

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Any techs here that are local to Western MD? I know of three but they are all booked up. I've got a machine with a ton of issues that I can't figure out. Paying cash of course.

Hey "D" send me a text or give me a call. I don't mind helping you trouble shoot.

#2939 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Tempered glass in standard playfield size is $75 right here in town

I ended up finding it for a price I was happy with 40-50 but some places were just ridiculous

#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Which machine is it ? If it happens to be anything wpc let me know

#2941 3 years ago

Judge Dredd has just left the building.

#2942 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I've contacted a couple of local glass shops to get estimates for standard playfield glass in bulk. So far the best I've gotten is ~$46/sheet. Waiting to hear back from a couple more places and hoping for something a bit lower. I'll post an update once I have all the estimates; if I place the order I'm happy to sell the extras to Pinsiders at cost as long as you're willing to pick it up- I'm in Sterling, VA.
-Mike

Allentown is coming up in May.. there will be cheap glass there. Also, if FPO ends up happening, Trent usually comes and brings really cheap glass (if he arranges it up front). Unless people are time sensitive.. you'd be better off waiting till those events or cutting a deal with someone like Trent to arrange a bulk buy/pickup.

Literally he brought a PALLET of glass last time and sold out in 2 days. I think he had it as low as $20 that time... but I think the $35 range is more frequent for new glass.

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Allentown is coming up in May.. there will be cheap glass there. Also, if FPO ends up happening, Trent usually comes and brings really cheap glass (if he arranges it up front). Unless people are time sensitive.. you'd be better off waiting till those events or cutting a deal with someone like Trent to arrange a bulk buy/pickup.
Literally he brought a PALLET of glass last time and sold out in 2 days. I think he had it as low as $20 that time... but I think the $35 range is more frequent for new glass.

Will you please keep me informed if fpo happens

#2944 3 years ago

What's FPO?

#2945 3 years ago

Just reaquired Americas most haunted game #1. Looking for a very nice tz with mods in trade. Not for sale. . Setting game up and will get pics in next day or so.

#2946 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Thanks, itching to replace a sheet of non-tempered glass on my EM machine but should probably just hold off. I visited the Pinball Life HQ while seeing family in Illinois last weekend and they had glass for $25/sheet. Too bad I couldn't bring it on the plane. That got me thinking about bulk orders locally though.

What's FPO?

#2947 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just reaquired Americas most haunted game #1. Looking for a very nice tz with mods in trade. Not for sale. . Setting game up and will get pics in next day or so.

Glad you got it back . I have been going back and forth for months deciding if it was worth around the price of a new stern premium. . I decided it wasn't bc it just wasn't as fun as similar priced pins imo. That and the marks on the cabinet really bothered me . However I fixed the sound on it when I went and saw it so thats good now . I think someone will trade a tz for her tho. What did you give up or did you just purchase it?

#2948 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Glad you got it back . I have been going back and forth for months deciding if it was worth around the price of a new stern premium. . I decided it wasn't bc it just wasn't as fun as similar priced pins imo. That and the marks on the cabinet really bothered me . However I fixed the sound on it when I went and saw it so thats good now . I think someone will trade a tz for her tho. What did you give up or did you just purchase it?

Thx for your negative comments . You don't have to comment on every pin sale

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx for your negative comments . You don't have to comment on every pin sale

Agreed! Sometimes people need to learn to close their mouth.

AMH is a cool game! Good luck in finding a trade.

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Will you please keep me informed if fpo happens

FPO = Fairfax Pinball Open

The locals have started another location for pins in the heart of Fairfax.. with 11 or 12 games or so already on site. Games like Metallica, TWD, GOT, AC/DC, WH20, MB, Radical, Sopranos, Harlem, some EMs, and more. The location is only a few weeks old, but as they get settled in they are planning to run FPO out of that location I believe. http://www.fspazone.org/gotored.html

Also note that Magfest at National Harbor is this coming week. We'll be providing many games for that event too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 78.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
£ 37.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 9,000.00
$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 28.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Various Other Swag
Third Coast Pinball
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 11.95
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
There are 11022 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 221.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside