(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,048 posts
  • 931 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by daveddd14
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg
There are 18,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 361.
#5801 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

OK. A "player's conditions" one that needs LEDs and a full shop job, with cabinet fade and wear, and typical playfield wear, but not trashed for $4,000? Just trying to guage the mid-atlantic market.

If you see a player SS for $4,000 run to the bank quickly and buy that baby!

#5802 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

OK. A "player's conditions" one that needs LEDs and a full shop job, with cabinet fade and wear, and typical playfield wear, but not trashed for $4,000? Just trying to guage the mid-atlantic market.

Buy it for 4k, christ I would buy it at 5k.

#5803 7 years ago

Yeah good luck finding one for 4K maybe couple years ago not now

#5804 7 years ago

Scared Stiff is cool but I don't think it will hold up well in a small collection.

#5805 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Is there such a thing as a $3,000 SS anymore? Played one last night and and really liked it.

I could be wrong but it seemed that there were at least two at York Show this past October and I am pretty sure they were both around $3k. I think a pinsider I know bought one of them and it was right around that price. Does anyone else remember the prices and condition of the ones at York. It is not my favorite machine so I tend to spend my playing time elsewhere (Hobbit Smaug edition LOL -Wait am I allowed to LOL?)

#5806 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I could be wrong but it seemed that there were at least two at York Show this past October and I am pretty sure they were both around $3k. I think a pinsider I know bought one of them and it was right around that price. Does anyone else remember the prices and condition of the ones at York. It is not my favorite machine so I tend to spend my playing time elsewhere (Hobbit Smaug edition LOL -Wait am I allowed to LOL?)

Werent they all Elvira's

#5807 7 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Werent they all Elvira's

Believe so - the only Scared Stiff there that I remember was a whitewood.

#5808 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Believe so - the only Scared Stiff there that I remember was a whitewood.

There were two Elvira's for sale and one white wood SS.

#5809 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

Scared Stiff is cool but I don't think it will hold up well in a small collection.

Interested in your opinion on why a SS wouldn't be good for a small collection. I'm no deep player. I don't have the skill set yet to make a game last more than 10 minutes.

#5810 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

Interested in your opinion on why a SS wouldn't be good for a small collection. I'm no deep player. I don't have the skill set yet to make a game last more than 10 minutes.

I'm a pretty mediocre player and have reached the end of the game multiple times. I think the gameplay is pretty linear and I usually have my fill after playing it a couple times. It's a great overall package, but if you're only going to have a few pins I think it would get repetitive quick.

#5811 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffpm:

I'm a pretty mediocre player and have reached the end of the game multiple times. I think the gameplay is pretty linear and I usually have my fill after playing it a couple times. It's a great overall package, but if you're only going to have a few pins I think it would get repetitive quick.

Fully agree with jeffpm: SS is a really cool theme but the gameplay is very linear and it really isn't too difficult to complete the game. A local pinsider in Northern VA has one and I got to the end of the game twice in a single night and I'm certainly not an expert player!

In terms of price, I haven't seen one for less than $5500 in the past year and that one wasn't that great (some wear, faded cab decals, etc..) even at that price.

#5812 7 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “I would like to change up my lineup and am offering up my really nice STTNG. The playfield looks new and has zero wear. The cab is really nice as well with very little wear to spea...”
2017-02-14
Vienna, VA
Archived after: 36 days
Viewed: 912 times
Contributed to Pinside

Definitely reach out if you're interested in a trade deal for something on my wishlist.

Thanks!

#5813 7 years ago

Yea most players ss are at least 5k and that wont be very nice. And regards to ss not holding up well in small collection....well it gets some of the most play in my small but nice collection and while it can be easy depending on setup there is much more to it than getting to scared stiff mode. Finishing that mode can be difficult and is a really awesome once completed. If anyone wants to come by and play one set up more difficult please stop by and play and you will see why its a keeper for most people and the reason you dont see them for sale often. It has fun toys, some the best light shows, awesome animated backglass, top notch music and sound effects and great art . Ss definitely needs to be set well to get the full experience...my favorite is the crate kickout when dialed in correctly there's a ton of upper playfield action from the exposed pop bumper and third sling shot that does some crazy stuff sometimes and u need to be on your toes.

#5814 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Fully agree with jeffpm: SS is a really cool theme but the gameplay is very linear and it really isn't too difficult to complete the game. A local pinsider in Northern VA has one and I got to the end of the game twice in a single night and I'm certainly not an expert player!
In terms of price, I haven't seen one for less than $5500 in the past year and that one wasn't that great (some wear, faded cab decals, etc..) even at that price.

Linear imo is something like roadshow or gb where you have to do certain modes in order to get to the next. Ss you can do them in any order and if you know how to use all the spider wheel modes/awards with the actual modes you can really add to things if used correctly which is cool and can give yhe player lots of ways to approach the game .

#5815 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

If your ever in hagerstown ..your welcome to stop by and check some games out.

#5816 7 years ago

SS is a terrible game. pm me if you want to sell yours...

#5817 7 years ago

Still looking for a Doctor Who in the area. Would be willing to consider trading for my sample TZ And some cash

#5818 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Still looking for a Doctor Who in the area. Would be willing to consider trading for my sample TZ And some cash

There's one in your area on CL for $1500

#5819 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

There's one in your area on CL for $1500

I know I tried to contact them today but have not heard back. With the demand for Dr. Who's right now I am sure someone snagged this up quick at that price.

#5820 7 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Are you and jeffpm getting to Scared Stiff or getting to Spider MB?
I had one for a bit and never reached spider MB. I agree getting to Scared Stiff is doable on a regular basis but that's why you have difficulty settings. Almost any WPC or WPC95 is going to get old if you don't set it up with difficult settings. Even then, the rules are such that if the end game is to reach the wizard mode you are will get bored with them if you own them for a while.

#5821 7 years ago

That dr who says working condition and its not even on it legs lol. Im sure person got bombarded and will see it again for more money very soon . The price actually isnt to far off for a faded dr that needs a tear down and probably some parts. Says its a sample tho which is cool and definitely worth more . Hopefully a non flipper bought it and will fix and keep it.

#5822 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I had one for a bit and never reached spider MB. I agree getting to Scared Stiff is doable on a regular basis but that's why you have difficulty settings. Almost any WPC or WPC95 is going to get old if you don't set it up with difficult settings. Even then, the rules are such that if the end game is to reach the wizard mode you are will get bored with them if you own them for a while.

Ive actually just played for spider mb and most ive gotten is 8 awards lol.

#5823 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Last time I was at Todd Y's place I missed getting spider MB only because I missed timing the last damn award 3 times in a row! After playing scared stiff twice in that game and all that.. I didn't need to play it anymore that night

#5824 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Last time I was at Todd Y's place I missed getting spider MB only because I missed timing the last damn award 3 times in a row! After playing scared stiff twice in that game and all that.. I didn't need to play it anymore that night

Yea his is set up really easy compared to others ive played and especially mine. Mine plays like twd compared to his lol. Think im gonna go try for that dam spider mb again right now lol

#5825 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I know I tried to contact them today but have not heard back. With the demand for Dr. Who's right now I am sure someone snagged this up quick at that price.

Damn it! I try to check CL every day, and never expected it to pop up like that. Also emailed the seller, hope they get my email, seems like CL isn't the greatest at getting through.

#5826 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea his is set up really easy compared to others ive played and especially mine. Mine plays like twd compared to his lol. Think im gonna go try for that dam spider mb again right now lol

No luck ss kicked my ass like usual.....

#5827 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Damn it! I try to check CL every day, and never expected it to pop up like that. Also emailed the seller, hope they get my email, seems like CL isn't the greatest at getting through.

From what i gathered its sold ....i went and looked at a nice one few days ago but it needs complete teardown and some work but cld be a very nice example . It was to much tho considering what it needs.

#5828 7 years ago

What's for sale? I'm sure there is a SS thread for this.

#5829 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

What's for sale? I'm sure there is a SS thread for this.

There is but sometimes other things get discussed in this thread which is ok imo bc theres never much for sale anymore it seems. Lots of wtb ads but not much to buy unfortunately....

#5830 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

From what i gathered its sold ....i went and looked at a nice one few days ago but it needs complete teardown and some work but cld be a very nice example . It was to much tho considering what it needs.

Well, that figures! Are you basing that on the posts here?

Where do you keep finding these? I pretty much have time to check CL and Pinside for sales, but have no clue where else I should be looking. I'd love to get one that needs work, happy to put the time in, just dont' have time to look for them AND fix 'em up.

#5831 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If your ever in hagerstown ..your welcome to stop by and check some games out.

Thanks for the invite. Very kind of you. Not sure when I'll be up that way again.

#5832 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Fair point about Spider MB, I have never reached it. I still stand by my belief that it doesn't have the longest legs and for the money, there are plenty of better WPC options especially in a small collection (<5 pins). And now I'm going to stop talking about this since I don't want to bog down the thread

#5833 7 years ago

May have a hobbit smaug for sale in the next few days. March 2016 manufacture date. Game has zero issues and looks and plays like new. $7900. Ramps are good, no ball hangups.

#5834 7 years ago

That dr who is now a auction and its not in the best condition..... i think the 1500 was about right for it.

#5835 7 years ago

Anybody here interested in a Bally Mariner? I can post an ad with some pictures if there is any interest. While it's a fun game, it just doesn't fit my collection. Got it from a friend a couple of years back. Wasn't working at all, cabinet is not perfect and backglass "was" not good. I have since got it working 100%, well that changes slightly if it doesn't get the plays on it. Like it will start a 4-player game when I ask for just 1. After a few games it starts working fine. So it's not 100% then I guess ..... Replaced the backglass with a much better one from Mayfair about 6 months ago. Again, I like it, but doesn't seem to fit well with the other games and I am a bit limited on space with a Gottlieb Solar Fire in the shop just about ready so I need a spot freed up too.

PM me if you like.

#5836 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That dr who is now a auction and its not in the best condition..... i think the 1500 was about right for it.

Yep, I got an email from the guy asking to compete in his auction.

He's also mentioned it needs some work.

My hunt continues...

#5837 7 years ago
Quoted from tstone:

Yep, I got an email from the guy asking to compete in his auction.
He's also mentioned it needs some work.
My hunt continues...

Same here. I am going to try and check it out but it definitely looks pretty messed up. Disappointing to me, as I was trying to get a Doctor Who for my son - this looked like a perfect contender- needed a little work (he is always asking me to show him how to fix stuff on our other gsmes) and he LOVES Doctor Who. He's into the new one, but once in a while we take a break and watch an old one with Tom Baker. This was potentially going to be his birthday gift. He's going to be 8, and really into pinball. New blood!

Anyway, I guess I keep looking too, I can't drop a huge amount on a wrecked game, even if half the point is to fix up a beater.

#5838 7 years ago

What kind of work is needed on that Dr. Who?

#5839 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What kind of work is needed on that Dr. Who?

It isn't at all clear.

He hasn't provided anything other a couple really poor pics. Who knows what all the "real" issues are, playfield wear, etc.

He's mentioned:
"could use some TLC"
"It has a few years of wear and tear that, unfortunately where I was storing the machine, went unaddressed"
"the little error dot appears on the dot matrix"
"one of the mini-playfield gray 'mushroom" target is broken"

He's mentioned "One pre-existing (prior to my ownership) modification is the top of the mini-playfield as seen in the picture below"
--> It looks like the time expander's entire top is missing and replaced with smoked plexi

I suspect it's a full-on beater, but without pics, hard to tell if it is just a partial beater.

I might have been interested, but I'm definitely not participating in someones craigslist auction.

Edit:
He has also mentioned he does not have "expertise or funds to give this machine the TLC it needs", which is also scary.
Might have bad playfield wear, bad acid damage, etc, etc...way too much of a gamble, especially with no pics/expertise.

#5840 7 years ago

Which is why all game purchases should be "I'll come and look at it" and then decide from there. All you need to decide is if its worth a trip or not...

#5841 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Which is why all game purchases should be "I'll come and look at it" and then decide from there. All you need to decide is if its worth a trip or not...

Yep.

#5842 7 years ago

Somebody is going to end up with it... hopefully they don't overpay... I obviously want to get in on it but not at a huge price. I hope a pinhead ends up with it though so it can be restored

#5843 7 years ago

Has pretty bad playfield damage at edge of playfield leading to time expander. Its faded also and was mentioned of being in a friends house for a while unattended to. Just by the few pics and info provided its gonna be need some attention and is pretty rough . Cant see it before making a offer sucks and im not playing cl auction games lol. I actually think the original price of 1500 was about right for this particular one. Good luck to anyone looking to get one but dr who isn't worth going threw this guys games.

#5844 7 years ago

Wanted to buy:

Vector
Defender
Time Fantasy
Iron Maiden
Bell Games- Fantasy
Bell Games- Sexy Girl
Cactus Canyon Continued
Swards of Fury
trashed/project Bally Playboy

#5845 7 years ago

I'd still like to buy a T2

#5846 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Has pretty bad playfield damage at edge of playfield leading to time expander. Its faded also and was mentioned of being in a friends house for a while unattended to. Just by the few pics and info provided its gonna be need some attention and is pretty rough . Cant see it before making a offer sucks and im not playing cl auction games lol. I actually think the original price of 1500 was about right for this particular one. Good luck to anyone looking to get one but dr who isn't worth going threw this guys games.

I don't know how you could tell all that from those crap pics! But yeah I am inclined to agree...

#5847 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I'd still like to buy a T2

Come get my players T2. $2000 it's yours, I'll help you load it. I need to fund a Creech I want.

Added over 7 years ago: T2 is sold.

#5848 7 years ago

Dont fucking cock tease me.

EDIT: PM Sent

#5849 7 years ago

Hobbit smaug se in the market...7900 obo, beautiful game.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Hobbit Smaug SE in like new condition. Manufacture date of March 2016 so still time left on the warranty. Game plays perfectly, no ball hangups, no ramp flap issues, no ball issues...”
2017-02-15
Upper Freehold, NJ
7,600 (OBO)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 2857 times

#5850 7 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Dont fucking cock tease me.
EDIT: PM Sent

Uhh, I'm not, I will sell it to you if you want it. I offered to sell it to you months ago, but driving this far was too much for you, and you wanted it cheaper, so...?

There are 18,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.