PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Flyer announcing Batman 66 Posted by GAP (7 years ago)

Post #4163 Photo of the Batman 66 playfield via Stern Posted by dmbjunky (7 years ago)

Post #4193 Photos of the SLE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4194 Photo of LE Cab Posted by cavalier88z24 (7 years ago)

Post #4264 Clear photo of the entire SLE Posted by DCFAN (7 years ago)

Post #4449 Video from the Stern tour at Expo 2016 Posted by KingBW (7 years ago)

Post #4974 Batman 66 Product and Feature Matrix Posted by KLR2014 (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1322 7 years ago

Found an LE. Deposit paid. I can't resist the corniness of KAPOW.

#1339 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im looking forward to the tattoo...

dude lol. priceless! thanks

#1368 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Me too. But, I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Batman 66 by Stern, We Know Nothing."

we have different definitions of "nothing"

we know the theme, the title, the designers, the programmer, the target release date, crane, LE quantity, LCD's, target reveal date, some of the voice work, two ramps.

#1378 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Cool, I'll grant you that. So, let's call it, "Next to Nothing." We don't know what the art will look like on the cabinet, playfield, or backglass. We don't know what size the LCDs will be or how many flippers, or how many balls. We don't know anything about the left side of the playfield, any toys besides the crane, or even more than generally how the crane will be implemented (Penguin driving it, maybe). We don't know anything about the game code, modes, graphics, short/long ball times, which villains are included, or even which Catwoman......Meow! We don't even know the damn price of the game. To sum it up what we really know, we know that there are two ramps and a crane and Adam West is doing voice work. Now, in full disclosure, I've already bought an LE. But, it pisses me off that I had to buy one of my grail themes without knowing any more than I mentioned in this post, or lose out totally.

not challenging you, trying to be logical-

did you pay a non refundable deposit? Lose out- very strong words as several will be for resale in the first six mos, like every game.

#1395 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

deserves to get a warmed over TDK.

Gomez said in a podcast that it's very different on the left side of the playfield and has two ramps that cross. I think the fears of a warmed over TDK can safely be put to rest? I'm not concerned about it after Gomez's statements.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1427 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

$14,990 AUD drive away." Wow, that seems cheap for a car....wow, those people were right....I'm guessing Batman LE will be close to that pricing?

Imo, its extremely reasonable to assume BM66LE ~$9k USD.
BM66P ~$7.5k USD.

#1446 7 years ago

Such negativity! I'm shocked! No nevermind I'm not. I've been doing this for a few years now so I would have been shocked with anything but immediate negativity no matter what their approach to the SLE's.

If you're not into the idea of an SLE or their approach to selling one, what does it matter? Avoid and move on? Go play a game you have instead of typing

#1581 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

in all honesty i own many les. whats so special? a premium is almost the same thing. new les have a plaque and different cab and backglass (tron le might be only exception). no big deal imho. we make it out to be more than it is.
super le? i have to see what really makes it special.

the market, supply, demand and simple economics make them a big deal

#1748 7 years ago

it's not easy to do, but they priced me out of the SLE. turning my attention towards regular LE. hoping street price is closer to $9.

#2312 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

would that satisfy you?

... pinheads will never be satisfied :/

#2360 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

but the last laugh will be had by the BMLE and SLE owners because it will be great!

I'm not gonna laugh at anyone... I just want to enjoy a fun game with a sweet timeless theme. I am strongly confident I'll get to do that with my BM66LE, but I could be wrong. If so, life goes on. Stern makes my favorite games and Gomez and Sheats know what they're doing...

People should stop jumping to conclusions on both sides.

#2465 7 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

First villian art post from Stern's FB page:

I'm extremely happy with this--and I'm not typically an "art" guy. This makes me want it more.

#2479 7 years ago

i always wondered what would happen on here when art was revealed for an anticipated game and it was stellar and basically invincible to criticism... i have my answer, crickets

pinsiders were typing more when there was literally nothing to type about

#2707 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hundreds of people are putting down 10-15k with no idea what they are buying.

who has paid more than a deposit? i paid a 2k deposit... if anyone is paying for the whole thing already, dey cray cray

#3005 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, to be fair...6 targets in a row on the left IS pretty uninspired and a direct copy of BDK when it was said only the right side was mostly copied. Now it seems the lower half of the left is too. *shrug*

it's true. while we barely have anything to go off of so far, i am also left shrugging. A stark contrast to the confidence I had based on the combination of Gomez statements and the flyer verbiage.

Still- we barely have anything to go off and if the changes are indeed more small than moderate... well they can add up to a big difference overall when cohesive pkg comes together. Now we Continue our boring wait and see for 16 more days and fill it with bat woman discussion and gouging exchange rate stuff to pass the time

#3011 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So maybe everyone at Stern is lying about the game, Gomez really hasn't seen it and doesn't know what he's talking about!
I'll stick with the facts and the statements from them until the reveal. It's not like they can hide from a comparison to prior Batman right?
And lord knows, it will be picked apart and disected down to a quarter inch scale.

quarter inch!? we wish, this game, and these times-- it'll be picked apart atomically with a microscope!

Like I typed, I'm still reserving judgment and waiting for final package which I remain very confident in. Just a shrug along the way at the small detail recently revealed. No biggy. Julie Newmar is hot.

#3292 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No pics, no sale! On principal. If you can't be bothered to show me your product, I can't be bothered to give you that much money.

yeah because Stern makes crappy games. Especially George and Lyman. blah blah until 10/14

#3416 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Notice how every limited car shows pictures (or sketches) and potential features?
With bm66, all we know is:
- it's Batman 66
- it's a pinball
- it's "special"
- it's Batman 66
And
- it's a pinball
No pictures, no features, etc.

this again!?

i posted this 23 days ago:

we know the theme, the title, the designers, the programmer, the target release date, crane, LE quantity, LCD's, target reveal date, some of the voice work, two ramps.

___

+
no we also know more of the art, the "versioning/naming" of the LE's, SLE application process, prices

probably some other stuff i'm forgetting

#3421 7 years ago

got it. ok i'm a pinball fan excited about a new game. you're a pinball fan who may or may not be excited but for sure feels the need to compare stern's business model (erroneously, again, we know plenty at this point) to a completely different manufacturer in a completely different industry.

we can go our separate ways now.

#3520 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whew...makes me feel better!!!!

Hey Mark, Don't let the typing on the internet get to you. My dist also said it's just a list of names.

#3738 7 years ago
Quoted from frg:

no info at all at this time

but... ahh nevermind...

#3948 7 years ago

I guess we get to find out more today? It's the last day "before expo," right?

IMG_5710 (resized).PNGIMG_5710 (resized).PNG

#4070 7 years ago

pics are live on fb. it's gorgeous

#4224 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's actually less appealing then the original.

you are so cool man!

#4254 7 years ago

I love it. I'm not stoked about the price, no-one is, except Gary.

At a glance you can easily see it had a lot more flow than BDK and will feel quite different. The art is phenomenal.

Have some of the negative nellies forgotten that Lyman is programming this game?

Here is a beautiful game that looks like it has flow, nostalgia, an LCD, beautiful simplicity of two flippers and the best programmer on it.

I'm extremely excited and won't miss the $2-3k upcharge. I'd rather spend too much on a unique work of art that's fun to play than get something old and subpar with money left to spare.

#4260 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

sigh.... $10 or $15,000.00 and it doesn't come with the anti-glare glass. Look at some of the pictures.
That LCD screen looks great but you guys should plan on ordering some PDI glass.

full agree- at these prices there should be literally no add-on's desired.

#4271 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thanks for your unbiased opinion and not wanting to here other peoples views

What a shock

yes i only love it because i'm buying it- not for all the reasons i just typed

#4280 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes all the reasons it's awesome without playing it...brillaint.

lol- where do i mention "play" ? i stated the layout looks flowy and fun and i like two flipper games in general.

why do you think it is NOT awesome without playing it?

we can go on all day and you'll still be the guy that wants to not like it no matter what.

#4662 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

to early to tell if gameplay is not much different than DK

George emphatically told me the gameplay is dramatically different. The second ramp and spinning lock mechanism certainly back him up while we all conjecture prior to playing. I'm convinced that no matter what some of you won't be convinced. But like Iceman keeps saying- plenty are convinced and look forward to getting their game... and yeah while they will likely depreciate a little bit in secondary market, I think they'll still sell quickly whereas the competition doesn't seem as likely (TBL, Dialed In for example) to command secondary demand.

#4675 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

They have priced me and, I feel, many others out of the pinball hobby however.

Yup. News flash. Prices are raised and that sucks. But, be real, NIB games are *not* the only part of the pinball hobby.

#4745 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm just trolling now. The game is OK. You guys buying the game are fine. I'm just not feeling $10K- $15K VE's & as a result I'm doing some weird passive aggressive venting on a forum like a dork.

sick awareness, bro

#4759 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If I judge the LE by "Stern LE standards" we are getting a topper included, which is not normal, plus the usual armor, LE art package, numbered game (in this case done in an original way), signatures. We're also getting a color LCD, so I don't need to buy a color dmd. Still a stretch on price, but this is a "real LE" in that there is actually limited numbers, and I suspect they'll hold at value (not sure about SLE but don't care).
The overall package is quite nice and I'm excited about it.

That's not 100% fair. You're leaving more out. The extra price also bought you a signed photo and meet and greet if Adam West. I don't value it tremendously but it was still super cool. Next, This LCD looks way nicer than a color Dmd. It's the perfect size and location. No contest. The armor also isn't exactly standard LE as it is wing themed and speckled. Isn't the GBLE slimer armor simply green with lollipops?

Lastly, and probably most importantly how many Stern LE titles had *only* 240? Kinda scary how it all starts to sound a lot more (gasp!) reasonable at $9,600 USD street.

#4761 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are we getting "real" back glasses on either/both of the LE's?

No.

1 month later
#5712 7 years ago

When they said "building in Nov" I've just been assuming Jan is the earliest I'd get my game. Likely Feb/Mar. And that's perfectly ok. No rush- code iteration v1.0 will be incomplete and that's ok too. This is a lengthy process, to pretend it isn't is to be silly.

#5746 7 years ago

divorced, which more easily allowed my silly LE purchase

#5753 7 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

They put a Color lcd on a BDK with slightly different rule set.

You're insane- no offense.

#5756 7 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

They really are screwing themselves out of people like me that have the money to buy NIB

I don't get it. Why are you typing these things? Facts exist that dictate otherwise. All LEs and SLEs are sold. How are they screwed? I'm trying to give you a chance here but you're sounding like a bored troll, no? I'm out of food to give you...

The pf issues are a separate thing altogether. You think bm or any other new release they ever produce in the future is going to have ghosting? then feel free to pass.

I should have waited longer to check this thread again... *bangs head against wall*

#5888 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Remember, this is the first time in 30 years that Stern has sold machines direct to the public. Normally they ship to a distributor and bill them. This time, they are dealing with the end user. It'll take a bit of time for them to get their heads

Not sure I follow... I sent my deposit to my local distributor. Nearly certain I'll be picking my game up from my distributor's warehouse. There's still very much a middle man.

#5891 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For SLE?
I think its just the SLE's that were direct from Stern. The LE's and premiums are still bought through distributors.

oh sorry. yeah LE for me. Didn't realize they were keying in on the SLE's. You're right SLE's are direct from Stern.

The wait continues... plenty to keep us busy over the holidays. At least we aren't waiting in like Feb/Mar or something where there's likely less going on in actual life outside of pinball.

#5923 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm the oddball that likes the LE cab art better than the SLE. I know it's not the cool 3d foil stuff, but I'd rather have the drawn characters w sayings as opposed to the batmobile being that prominent. The LE looked GREAT in person!!!

understandable, the foil itself looked fantastic but i also wondered about such batmobile prominence on SLE. regardless, imo you can't go wrong with any of the 3 models on appearance. all three looked great in person (and in photos), even the "stripped down pro/prem"

#5938 7 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Paid in full my LE this morning, they are still saying shipping 12/15. Hope so!

who is this mysterious "they" ?

#6044 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

But until they show us the games on the factory floor, I'm doubting anything is being shipped imminently.

Correct. It may or may not be a special game with magical powers and enchantment delight- but either way if it isn't built (and bragged about on stern fb page) then it isn't on its way to you or your dist's warehouse.

Then again maybe it is just that magical, that it actually will just start appearing at your door. KA-PPEAR!

#6117 7 years ago

I'm kind of in topper unload mode at the moment. I'm getting an LE. I will consider removing my topper to sell to a premium buyer, if it is all possible. Just a heads up. Get it?

But hey. Mark says tmrw is the big surprise video day- maybe I'll see some crazy topper integration and want to keep it. (If the topper even makes an appearance... if we even get a video... if WWIII doesn't start overnight)

#6233 7 years ago

Meh. On one hand, sure I understand the frustration and passion... on the other, I saw the physical game in person at expo. I also talked at length with George and Lyman. These few "extra" weeks will quickly be forgotten when the game is out and flippable, be in V1.0, 1.1, etc. There's no way I could be more confident in a game, regardless of price, availability, or hype.

To be fair, a lot (most?) of the 6200 posts are nonsense. Patience- and not even much of it. Have some faith in the passion of two of the most prominent and important pinball men of all time. Enjoy holiday time with your friends and family.

No gameplay video is going to be a substitute for actually playing this game when it's truly "done" anyways. Not to minimalize it- but You've all seen flipper hit a ball before

Nobody is gonna see a video and be like "ooh I don't like the feed off that ramp, I'm out" & conversely nobody is gonna see a video and be like "ooh ooh, I was wrong, it looks amazing, take my $8-15k!!!"

-KG

2 weeks later
#6729 7 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Awesome videos thank you! I am supposed to get my LE tomorrow, i will unbox it at my restaurant and have it there on location if anyone wants to come down and play.

Awesome- you have the Korean buffet place (can't remember the name...) right? If so, I was there a cpl mos ago and your TWD had my sound-mix and I thought that was so cool to see my work across the country on location

Batman is clearly running basic code but still looked great to me. Wide open ball travel, some ramp flow, the crane, great theme appropriate music, screen looks fantastic and not Overwhelming like I find the jjp's. Pumped to drop my $10k lol

#6733 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I worry that so many were "pumped" to drop 10k on this game without even seeing it, that we have just paved the way for Stern to push prices into an area that would of been unthinkable only a few years ago.

No doubt- but, Dead horse man... kapow... boutique... more license to recoup, LCD development costs, etc etc. Read the pinball magazine interview with George Gomez.

For clarity- I'm not pumped to drop $10k on just any game; I'm pumped to drop $10k on THIS product of limited build qty, awesome theme/layout/development team. More dead horse beating.

#6964 7 years ago

I don't have a ton of fun playing any JJP titles yet (although Dialed In early impressions are surprisingly good)- but man yes they certainly took advantage of the screen for their menus and service interface. Add me to the list cheering that effort.

Hoping to have my LE this week or next the latest...

1 week later
#7072 7 years ago
Quoted from cwales:

Day two one of the screws on a plastic near the crane came off, causing balls to get stuck. No big deal really but checking other screws, most of them were really loose. Just a heads up, people might want to check screws on theirs, although it might be an isolated situation.

Thanks for the reminder. It's looking like I'll get mine Friday. I have plans to stream on Sat afternoon if all goes well.

Also, topper looks great but I'm trying to go topper less, so my LE topper will be available for sale. I've sent an email to Stern asking if my LE topper will work with someone's premium to confirm.

1 week later
#7088 7 years ago

Could an owner please check the LCD to see if it had a video out? And if so, what's connection type?

#7091 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

There is an hdmi on the board. Wonder if that's it??

Thanks.

#7092 7 years ago

I'm streaming my LE right now.

Www.twitch.tv/gapinball

#7094 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for doing this.
What do you have the pitch set at? Game looks fast, especially compared to other videos I've seen.

About 6.8

I usually play around 6.6-6.7

#7097 7 years ago
Quoted from psychoticmark:

I have an le and my topper only works when not in play. When I play the game its off but as soon as im done it works. Are there any settings?

I don't think it's coded yet.

#7098 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I was enjoying the stream, but it just went down. Hope you guys get it back online.

We'll do it again Friday around 7pm EST.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info?tu=atlpb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.