• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 142.
#1401 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

So not trying to be negative but based on limited info, we should also acknowledge what if it was:
1. Center ramp shot like Costco edition (1st ramp)
2. To right of center ramp it feeds new ramp that crosses over (2nd ramp).
3. Where Joker is standing, he's replaced with a bat computer (LED screen)
If this is the new layout, would Batman 66 owners be excited? Fair question, because right now no one knows.

My guess ... Teeter totter gone, replaced with left ramp. Batman targets pushed back against the left side, before you get to the ramp entrance. Otherwise, much the same.

rd

#1402 3 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I laugh out loud everytime I see someone on Pinside use the word lawsuit.
Nobody's starting a lawsuit. Probably ever.
Heck, I'll bet you could advertise a new Predator machine, take everyone's money, then buy your wife a house, and STILL nobody sues you.
Or the JPOP story. Take your pick.
So to suggest that a deposit must be refundable and that there could be a lawsuit? I mean, since when is a deposit refundable in the first place? Isn't that the whole purpose of a deposit?

hi

i think a large group of people are actually in the middle of suing Kevin (predator) right now.

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

hi
i think a large group of people are actually in the middle of suing Kevin (predator) right now.

And even if they win...what do they get? Can't get blood out of a turnip. You can sue anyone for anything...winning and ultimately collecting are the real challenges.

#1404 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Certainly gives weight to the initial idea that this is a re-skinned (maybe heavily, but still) BDK. SAM boards and all. It better be a LOT different if it is. BDK sucks - one of modern Stern's weakest efforts. My hype meter just deflated a little. Maybe Stern can put the Marco link on their facebook page. It'd be a more informative tease than the parade of hot wheels.

This isn't a re-skin and it isn't on SAM.

SAM doesn't support LCD screens.

Gomez specifically has said that Batman '66 would have the SPIKE 2.0 system.

#1405 3 years ago

I looked at sterns facebook page to see if there were any batman 66 updates and saw this comment which was was funny. I thought Stern deleted anything that was consodered a negative remark against them? Looks like its been there since saturday. Maybe they are finally going to use social media the way it was intended? Or maybe they just didn't notice it yet?

rps20160912_114450_344 (resized).jpg

#1406 3 years ago

I will bet it disappears before the end of the day. lol

#1407 3 years ago

Seems they are not deleting anymore and responding to many of them...

#1408 3 years ago

first pic from nrets.

bmpin1 (resized).jpg

#1409 3 years ago

So, they're reutilizing the Allspark and mirror imaging the game with opposite side shooter rod and backwards DMD?

#1410 3 years ago

Just spotted Cesar Romero at a Disney restaurant!

IMAG0055_1 (resized).jpg

#1411 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Seems they are not deleting anymore and responding to many of them...

A couple weeks ago I made a complimentary comment about how much I was enjoying KISS "aside from incomplete code." Comment deleted and I was blocked.

#1412 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Just spotted Cesar Romero at a Disney restaurant!

What about Stepa...Stepha... that guy on the right?

#1413 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

first pic from nrets.

That's actually not bad artwork for backless or cabinet.

#1414 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

That's actually not bad artwork for backless or cabinet.

I had it as a novelty translite for my BF a few years ago. I liked how the guys in the batmobile and batcycle were such obvious stunt doubles.

BATMAN SEGA (resized).jpg

#1415 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I liked how the guys in the batmobile and batcycle were such obvious stunt doubles.

They used stunt doubles for driving the car? Haha! I never noticed that from the show. Too funny.

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

It looks like there will be a batcopter toy. From Stern:

stern is building it or Kinder Surprise?

#1417 3 years ago

Hotwheels

#1418 3 years ago

Hmm, some guy in france posted a batman 66 Super LE for sale on a belgium forum. Don't know is this is real? Are the SUper LE's already assigned to persons? Or is this just an optimistic person that thinks he would get one? Scam?

FOR SALE
MY BATMAN 66SUPER L.E
available in novembre
price :30K euro
ONLY 30 IN THE WORLD......2-3 in europe

#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

FOR SALE
MY BATMAN 66SUPER L.E

This hobby has officially jumped the shark.

rd

image.jpeg

#1420 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Hmm, some guy in france posted a batman 66 Super LE for sale on a belgium forum. Don't know is this is real? Are the SUper LE's already assigned to persons? Or is this just an optimistic person that thinks he would get one? Scam?
FOR SALE
MY BATMAN 66SUPER L.E
available in novembre
ONLY 30 IN THE WORLD......2-3 in europe

nobody knows the selling price. nobody has ever seen any pics. how can people sell or order anything? that is amazing.

and when so wants to sell high, he usually goes on german forum than belgium...

#1421 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

maybe if you sell half of your collection, you could buy one?

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

maybe if you sell half of your collection, you could buy one?

Possibly!!

rd

#1423 3 years ago

nobody knows the selling price. nobody has ever seen any pics. how can people sell or order anything? that is amazing.

Same guy posted the same ridiculous junk on the German forum.

But it's becoming a trend to post idiotic offerings these days...AC/DC LE...

ACDCLE (resized).jpg

BM66 (resized).jpg

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I first read that as "jumped the shart", but that's my problem, not yours.

I always hear "you could buy a small car for what you pay for a new in box pinball machine" and it usually falls on deaf ears. I'm overdue for a new car, but my 1997 model wagon gets me from A to B, so it keeps getting pushed back in line.....then today I receive a Hyundai flyer in the mailbox. "Hyundai Accent Active - $14,990 AUD drive away." Wow, that seems cheap for a car....wow, those people were right....I'm guessing Batman LE will be close to that pricing?

#1425 3 years ago

i know the guy who has sold the ACDC BIB...i mean declared as "sold" coz you can be sure that nobody is enough dumb to buy this one 35 or 33k€

#1426 3 years ago

Batman slot machine video clips are very cool and will be awesome on the pin. Even though it took my $$$ in Vegas

Gomez can say that "pinball is under the glass" but they know they can't stand still in terms of innovation. There is a reason slot machines are more and more starting to look like the Batman slot machine and the new GOT.

They ATTRACT people to put $$$$ in them. Get it?

game-of-thrones (resized).jpg

#1427 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

$14,990 AUD drive away." Wow, that seems cheap for a car....wow, those people were right....I'm guessing Batman LE will be close to that pricing?

Imo, its extremely reasonable to assume BM66LE ~$9k USD.
BM66P ~$7.5k USD.

#1428 3 years ago

$15k before Mark up

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Imo, its extremely reasonable to assume BM66LE ~$9k USD.
BM66P ~$7.5k USD.

Uggghhh, let's hope not. Not that I am buying one, but I hate to see folks lining up to pay those prices. I have no issue with a company making a profit, but it seems the more they charge, the more folks will pay.

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

A couple weeks ago I made a complimentary comment about how much I was enjoying KISS "aside from incomplete code." Comment deleted and I was blocked.

That is such bullshit. Way to treat a customer who has spent thousands of dollars on your products. I was blocked last year for just asking if Ghostbusters was really coming out and if it was only a rumor. Block/banned from Facebook and Instagram for that. Who ever runs their pages is a complete asshole.

#1431 3 years ago

You can now fill out an application on sterns facebook page to try and get a batman SLE. Requires a short essay and a video as to why you deserve an invitation.

#1432 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You can now fill out an application on sterns facebook page to try and get a batman SLE. Requires a short essay and a video as to why you deserve an invitation.

LOL... "Thank you sir, may I have another"

#1433 3 years ago

Just listed on fb.... super le application lol . What is the pinball world coming to

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154498473639244&id=136972659243

#1434 3 years ago

image (resized).png

#1435 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yea, fill out the application and submit a short video they get to use for marketing. Nothing like hanging that dog biscuit out there for the puppies to jump at.....maybe they will yank it back at the last minute! lol Actually, I am guessing they couldn't find 30 "good friends" willing to buy the machines. Sad part is, there will be a line of folks willing to throw all kinds of money at this........

#1436 3 years ago

I guess they couldnt get 30 VIP friends of Stern to buy them all now so they are offering it to the commoners. Still no price listed.

#1437 3 years ago

So in the application, Stern's has the first option of buying the game back if you're planning to sell it in the first 18 months. WOW......

#1438 3 years ago

I tend to avoid drama, but I cannot come to a rational/logical conclusion on why there needs to be an application to purchase a pinball machine.

Especially after paying for it, Stern still retains the buy back rights to the machine for 18 months.

EDIT: Oh this is only for a select number of LEs and not all LEs. I misread, but it's still silly.

#1439 3 years ago

They should have made this a giveaway contest for one machine, if they want to collect media for promotion. That would have been OK, but this is bordering on parody. Just head-slappingly ridiculous. "Apply to give us lots of money".

#1440 3 years ago

It's for the Sle= crazy

#1441 3 years ago

They're gonna put ankle cuffs on the legs!

#1442 3 years ago

Suddenly I wish I had $15k to burn so I could immediately flip my game and dare Stern to sue me

#1443 3 years ago

That application is the dumbest thing I have seen. I am actually kind ashamed to be in this hobby after seeing that.

or just embarrassed for stern

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

It's for the Sle= crazy

Combine the two and you get "Sleazy"

#1445 3 years ago
Quoted from comment23:

I tend to avoid drama, but I cannot come to a rational/logical conclusion on why there needs to be an application to purchase a pinball machine.
Especially after paying for it, Stern still retains the buy back rights to the machine for 18 months.
EDIT: Oh this is only for a select number of LEs and not all LEs. I misread, but it's still silly.

It's all part of the make it feel exclusive BS to sucker people in. Good for stern though, make as much off of people that they can while they can. JPOP showed stern that they can make something super limited and charge a fortune and people will still line up. Stern was smart enough to make a base game that they can sell a lot of, then put some lipstick on it for a huge upcharge and call it limited.

Personally I think the whole announcement, deposit BS, and super LE's has been a complete botch. Until they show the game I have zero interest in it and even after it is shown I can just buy a premium in a couple of years. There's zero rush and if Aerosmith is next I have zero interest in it as well.

#1446 3 years ago

Such negativity! I'm shocked! No nevermind I'm not. I've been doing this for a few years now so I would have been shocked with anything but immediate negativity no matter what their approach to the SLE's.

If you're not into the idea of an SLE or their approach to selling one, what does it matter? Avoid and move on? Go play a game you have instead of typing

#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Such negativity! I'm shocked! No nevermind I'm not. I've been doing this for a few years now so I would have been shocked with anything but immediate negativity no matter what their approach to the SLE's.
If you're not into the idea of an SLE or their approach to selling one, what does it matter? Avoid and move on? Go play a game you have instead of typing

Most of them don't have time to type right now. They are off making a video for stern

#1448 3 years ago

It's insulting. They always talk about how they have kept pinball alive, but thats ignoring the diehards that stuck it out in lean times, through bare playfields, and through economic recessions. Now when they want to celebrate 30 years, it's about squeezing the customer for more. Send in your promos, people. Get a chance to grossly overpay for a pinball machine. Be their organ grinder monkey. Dance! Dance!

#1449 3 years ago

Maybe it's a Willy Wonka type contest. Everyone bragging about their massive Stern collections will get passed over and someone with one, old beat-up machine and a sob story will be given a shiny new SLE.

Willy-Wonka3 (resized).jpg

#1450 3 years ago

Even after replying to my comment on Facebook, Stern deleted the comment thread and blocked me from posting. Neat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside