By GAP

1 year ago

Stats

• 7,058 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 132 of 142.
#6551 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

idk......would believe that Stern is releasing/ shipping to distributors (not end users), so there is still that piece of the food chain. Just good to know it's happening!!!!

For premium and LE thats true but dont SLE buyers get it direct through Stern?

#6552 1 year ago

Looking at pics, I still think that the LE has the best art. It doesn't have the best finishing touches, but I think that the LE owners have the best of the three options.

#6553 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well, April at Automated just called, letting me know they were picking up my LE from Stern TOMORROW, to ship that day or Monday latest ( due to holiday) .....should have it Wednesday...here we go!!!

I got the call also regarding my LE! Looking forward to getting this bad boy!

#6554 1 year ago
Quoted from jar155:

Looking at pics, I still think that the LE has the best art. It doesn't have the best finishing touches, but I think that the LE owners have the best of the three options.

I really, really liked the art better on the LE, even opposed to the SLE. The batmobile is cool and all, but this is supposed to be about the campy TV show and it's insane characters. mix in the bright colors and sayings (slang), and it really had the best look of the 3 to me.

Seeing all 3 side by side at the factory, it was the best choice for me, hands down.....

#6555 1 year ago

Sneak peek vid on Stern's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154835288779244/

The Batmobile spinner on the rotating platform is pretty cool. The "newspaper" grand champion score screen was also cool. Must be Lyman playing it.

#6556 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Sneak peek vid on stern facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154835288779244/

It looks interesting. The middle of the playfield seems a little dark in the video. Some spotlights could be added if that is an issue.

#6557 1 year ago

I wish the video quality was better, but I like what I see except:

Quoted from DCFAN:

It looks interesting. The middle of the playfield seems a little dark in the video. Some spotlights could be added if that is an issue.

Yep. They probably should have put spotlights on the slingshot plastics.

#6558 1 year ago

Still looks like the ramp flap covers part of Catwomans head.

#6559 1 year ago

Hope it comes with coin mechs

#6560 1 year ago

Digging the music, especially the jazz; it's a nice change of pace from a lot of games. Not any real callouts in this video. Looking forward to Dead Flip's full gameplay.

#6561 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Still looks like the ramp flap covers part of Catwomans head.

It's almost certainly the same prototype playfield from the expo games.

Can't wait to see more. Off to a great start.

#6562 1 year ago

This thing does look really cool and I like the soundtrack.

#6563 1 year ago

It wold be nice if Stern would actually use someone to professionally shoot some video, instead of shitty shaky cell phone camera footage.

I agree about the soundtrack.. sounds nice.

#6564 1 year ago
Quoted from valgalder:

It wold be nice if Stern would actually use someone to professionally shoot some video, instead of shitty shaky cell phone camera footage.
I agree about the soundtrack.. sounds nice.

completely agree here. I'll shoot some video when i get mine, but will look like crap (Labnip can attest to my poor ability in this area).

#6565 1 year ago

cat woman fixed in production.

#6566 1 year ago

Wow. Looks awesome.

#6567 1 year ago

indeed very cool.

#6568 1 year ago

Awesome and cool. Love the newspaper high score and the Nixie tube bat match computer.

IMG_3594 (resized).PNG

#6569 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

cat woman fixed in production.

I think the term is spayed.

#6570 1 year ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Love the newspaper high score and the Nixie tube bat match computer.

I noticed those too! So we've got Sparky's TV and Zitt's Nixies, anything else in here cribbed from Pinsiders?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-trek-mirror-universe-pinball#post-745046

#6571 1 year ago

From what I can see, the only real similarities to BDK are the scoop and spinner on right, and of course the crane. It does seem to shoot quite differently from BDK.

#6572 1 year ago

Love the LCD and changes in the background framing of the video as the game goes on. Man this thing is gonna be really cool!

#6573 1 year ago

Lol..oh man, that music..oof. Sorry folks the game play is not there yet. Now seriously how many of you are going to cancel?

#6574 1 year ago

Do I put Mylar down on the spinning playfield? And in front of it?

#6575 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol..oh man...that music..oof. Sorry folks the game play is not there yet. Now seriously how many of you are going to cancel?

Hey Buzz Killington.

#6576 1 year ago

That screen looks perfect love it

#6577 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol..oh man, that music..oof. Sorry folks the game play is not there yet. Now seriously how many of you are going to cancel?

Come on Kvan, we are talking about a 3 minute clip! I might buy two now though.

#6578 1 year ago

Sorry Ice you're right, that's not fair....besides we can always change the music later.

#6579 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I'm more convinced that I will be buying a premium, not less.

#6580 1 year ago

Not really feeling this one so far although I'm sure the code is still super early.... Gameplay sure doesn't seem to have much flow and the turntable toy seems kinda lame so far. Didn't really notice the magnet pulsing much, the small LCD being used nor the left ramp being shot. Will need to see the deadflip video to get a better impression. On the plus side the music was kind of cool and jazzy and I liked some of the display effects.

Maybe it's because it's mostly a re-hash but I'm just not that excited to play one of these compared to other new Stern releases. It just doesn't seem all that exciting or new.

#6581 1 year ago

I have to admit, the game looks fun.

But for the price they are charging, where are the color changing RGB inserts and even GI lights like what JJP offers, or even RGB's that are on Stern games like GOT, STLE, etc? The lighting looks pretty basic to me. It doesn't also appear to have dual GI lighting like MET or TWD, which Lyman has shown he is great at coding great light shows with that type of GI lighting.

The LCD looks cool- but shouldn't there be more information then just showing movie clips and scores? How about showing some type of information on your progress of that mode or ball locks? Seems like their UI on the LCD is very underutilized and not very impressive in its current form. In fact, what I see now I would rather have a ColorDMD with some solid dots, rather then basic video clips and scoring overlay with simple game info.

I know everyone is all hyped up on the game because its new and everyone who purchased it is super excited to get it, and I understand that- but if you disagree with me that is fine, I would just like to hear why a pin this expensive doesn't need all the above extras? I would much rather have better lighting then some powdercoated armor and foil decals... something just doesn't seem very premium about what I see in that video, other then a color screen. I don't mean to offend anyone here of course, as it still looks like it will be fun.. but it just seems like a Pro machine that has a modded cabinet...

#6582 1 year ago

I think the "sneak peek" was simply that.....quite sure there were a lot of screen shots, animations, gameplay lighting, etc. that was not included in this very brief overview. I'm a million miles from a fanboy, but very optimistic about what has been shown thus far.......at least there is more info for everyone to bitch about ( I suspect the " dark" appearance is from the poor video...haven't seen a dark Stern in recent memory)....

#6583 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

The LCD looks cool- but shouldn't there be more information then just showing movie clips and scores? How about showing some type of information on your progress of that mode or ball locks? Seems like their UI on the LCD is very underutilized and not very impressive in its current form.

I totally put that to being the very first version of it. They are just writing code to handle it. I'd expect the LCD to improve over time.

#6584 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm more convinced I will be making a drive out to Riverside to play one.

#6585 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I totally put that to being the very first version of it. They are just writing code to handle it. I'd expect the LCD to improve over time.

I hope so, there's a lot of potential there. With Lyman on code I think there's a safe bet it will improve, unlike GB that Dwight hasn't improved on since it's release- but that's a whole other subject. I really like the sound of it, seems like it will be fun to play for sure. I really like the theme so that helps too.

#6586 1 year ago

Looks killer as usual.

Laughing my ass off at people continuing to bring in the amateur boutiques when complaining about stern games and prices. Totally different ballgame - pros vs Joes and you all know it.

#6587 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

where are the color changing RGB inserts and even GI lights like what JJP offers, or even RGB's that are on Stern games like GOT, STLE, etc?

There are about 8 or 9 RGB LED seen in this video. All the "shoot the arrow" shots can be seen in various colors in this video. They are not all RGB LED, but there are some in this game.

For anyone to make a real judgement on things based on this video is silly. Wait for the Deadflip stream to see how it all comes together in a real game situation.

#6588 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks killer as usual.
Laughing my ass off at people continuing to bring in the amateur boutiques when complaining about stern games and prices. Totally different ballgame - pros vs Joes and you all know it.

I know man, seriously.. just waiting on the pro's to send me a replacement playfield for my $8K GBLE.. clear coat has literally chipped off in many spots, and 11 inserts are ghosted.

#6589 1 year ago

Have Stern been into the Data East vault? the sound effects reminded me of LAH,

#6590 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm with you Rob. I've been very disciplined this time around. Not whining about the price, but refusing to just jump at it at first sight. I'm letting the game grab me if it can. And it's looking better and better all the time.

#6591 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

There are about 8 or 9 RGB LED seen in this video. All the "shoot the arrow" shots can be seen in various colors in this video. They are not all RGB LED, but there are some in this game.
For anyone to make a real judgement on things based on this video is silly. Wait for the Deadflip stream to see how it all comes together in a real game situation.

I think the best way to judge it would be to play it, the Dead Flip videos kind of suck, because its a top down shot and hard to see what is going on- at least based on his other streams. To me, it looks like a pretty simple layout that should work well with Lyman-style coding. I am going to wait to see how it plays out with the code and see how it progresses, and if they truly fixed their playfield issues. Once I see that happen I can see myself owning one of these in the future.

#6592 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

I think the best way to judge it would be to play it

Agreed, and a lot. I played the hell out of SM on location, really liked it, but didn't grab me as much as it does now...having it in a home environment to really enjoy the nuances of the game. Hated IM on location, as I never had enough quarters, but once it was living with me, one of my favorites, in its own way.

I'm very anxious to see how (if) BM fits in my lineup, as the only one I played on location ( BMTDK) was not in great shape, but really intrigued me. Not sure I'd ever know until I spend some real time on it, in my room. There is nothing I've seen or heard ( aside from quality issues) that make me believe this is a stinker....mine will be on a truck tomorrow, so no point in me speculating anymore.....

#6593 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

completely agree here. I'll shoot some video when i get mine, but will look like crap (Labnip can attest to my poor ability in this area).

not supposed to shoot footage sober, sheeshhh...

#6594 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah the jazz music is not my thing and I have an LE ordered. Will wait for the actual game play...hope they aren't talking on top of the game too much

#6595 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

The LCD looks cool- but shouldn't there be more information then just showing movie clips and scores? How about showing some type of information on your progress of that mode or ball locks?

Some gameplay progress and what to shoot next was shown in the form of text boxes that popped up while playing that bordered the video area.

Problem was the resolution of the video was to low and the constant cutting and moving of the camera made it hard to follow the action or read them.

There was one text pop up that looked like it explained what the skill shot was. One pop up after shooting crane said shoot crane one more time to battle penguin (ie start crane). Another one explained you completed the bottom lanes so bonus was raised to 20X and spinner was 60K.

As code matures I expect that the amount of info displayed will increase.

#6596 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yeah the jazz music is not my thing and I have an LE ordered. Will wait for the actual game play...hope they aren't talking on top of the game too much

It looks like I won't be able to get an LE nib.

But if anyone needs to pass when full payment is due or desides upon opening their game that it's not for them, could you keep me in mind? Thanks in advance!

#6597 1 year ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Good point! I know that everybody I know who ordered one is SHOCKED and upset that the music on this pin appears to be completely in line with the original show and theme.

This is gonna be like when everybody canceled their Ghostbusters order when they found out the Ghostbusters song was in the pin.

#6598 1 year ago

Absolutely love the music!

#6599 1 year ago

Bat cave needs pin

IMG_5842 (resized).JPG

IMG_5843 (resized).JPG

IMG_5844 (resized).JPG

IMG_5846 (resized).JPG

IMG_5847 (resized).JPG

IMG_5848 (resized).JPG

IMG_5850 (resized).JPG

IMG_5852 (resized).JPG

IMG_5853 (resized).JPG

#6600 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

How much of the original series have you watched my young friend

There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 132 of 142.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 272 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside