PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 142.
#3901 7 years ago

I really did laugh out lout at that one. Shit , she did look good in that cat suit. When I had no idea what was under it I thought she was hot.

#3902 7 years ago

Better not let her hear you say that.

I dunno why it seems weird really. Look what talk talking shit about women got Trump though.

#3903 7 years ago

I halfway don't mind how much Stern is charging for the LE these days. But I do mind that Stern can, may does give up on certain pins. Regarding the code. Let's say ST there is a bug, ACDC there are features not implemented and or the scoring usage of the lower PF could be better. XM while it had improved a lot over the initial release is still buggy and could use something to improve it. I'm sure that every pin has a but it could have been better if they did this one little thing. Tron example does not call out supper pops or supper spinner or double scoring (the LE does but not the pro) so IMO Stern could do better. But some titles get more than others even the best might suffer with inferior code for 2 years.

This has turned me off from buying these initial release pins. If they are the bees knees I can pick up one either new or second hand in a couple years.

#3904 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Why are you guys going batshit over a woman who has to be 70 years old? True, she was amazingly beautiful in her youth but that was 35-40 years ago. It's kinda weird to me.

Dude. There was a song playing after I boinked Brenda Jane in the back seat 35 years ago. (Edited content)

#3905 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Dude. There was a song playing after I boinked Brenda Jane in the back seat 35 years ago. My dick still gets hard when I hear it.

You never have gotten over the Macarena, have you ?

LTG : )

#3907 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Alright, who used to collect Beanie Babies?

This was actually a room in my house!

beanie babies (resized).jpgbeanie babies (resized).jpg

#3908 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Still feeding and watering my pet rocks. Anybody else keeping theirs alive?

I had a pet rock once.
It was always stoned

#3909 7 years ago

Is anyone actually falling for this as being an "entirely new game"? It's like the exact situation as with Spiderman VE, only this time they are taking advantage of the theme big time.

#3910 7 years ago

This will be a rehashed TDK sure as shit and people will be screaming for their money back

#3911 7 years ago

Quick
Time is running out to go on record with your W - A - G and be completely wrong.
If you are right you get bragging rights.
"I was right everybody"
but if you're wrong we get to remind you of it.
"Dude, you don't know jack. Remember what you said about Batman 66?"
Don't delay.
Time's awastin.
Don't lose this chance to get your stake in the sand.

#3912 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

This will be a rehashed TDK sure as shit and people will be screaming for their money back

I don't recall TDK having two LCD's with one on the playfield.

We will soon know.

#3913 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You wanna make a little wager?

#3914 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not me

The real Stern Army = BM66 owners.

The buyers will have so much financial/emotional investment in BM66 they will defend it to no end.

Trust no one (insert spooky whistle song)

#3915 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No sir. I have no money to waste at this time in my life. I am struggling to keep my business afloat. No pinballs, no cars,no anything except taking care of my family and pushing to make it work. I have never had to do that and I spent stupid money. Now its biting e in the ass

#3916 7 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

A good example is BBB. It's legend is incredible. It is one of the best art packages ever put together. Gameplay - eh... And trust me, I owned one. It's still very valuable, but it's really NOT for the gameplay.

I'm pretty sure this was my sentiment too when I played yours.

#3917 7 years ago

Here is my prediction:

I'm gonna say the layout will be disappointing (because it's mostly the same not because it's a bad layout). The art will be acceptable. The display and sound will be awesome. Initial reveal on here will be negative because it's hard to see the display or hear the game. After people have seen the game in person they will be pleased.

I'm not saying the price hike will be worth it. The price hike will mostly be attributed to attaining the license and won't be visible on the game in the form of toys or gadgets.

Looking forward to seeing it.

#3918 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't recall TDK having two LCD's with one on the playfield.
We will soon know.

If I sit my laptops on it. Does that count?

#3919 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

No sir. I have no money to waste at this time in my life. I am struggling to keep my business afloat. No pinballs, no cars,no anything except taking care of my family and pushing to make it work. I have never had to do that and I spent stupid money. Now its biting e in the ass

Good luck with it man. You have got to get the priorities sorted out, sounds like you're on the right track.

Family comes first, toys a distant second. You can always get more toys down the road sometime, when you have everything sorted out.

rd

#3920 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Problem with all these analogies is you don't play any of them. Pinball is so unique you really cannot compare it to anything else.

Comic books were designed to be read, but then you'd run the risk of jacking up the condition. I have some rare comics (first issue of SM, Wolverine, Punisher, XMen), but they aren't worth as much as you might think.

I have a hard time believing a pin that originally cost 15k will go up much in value, especially with the other versions available that offer similar gameplay.

#3921 7 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

Comic books were designed to be read, but then you'd run the risk of jacking up the condition. I have some rare comics (first issue of SM, Wolverine, Punisher, XMen), but they aren't worth as much as you might think.
I have a hard time believing a pin that originally cost 15k will go up much in value, especially with the other versions available that offer similar gameplay.

Maybe if you leave it in the box it will maintain its value...LOL. I can't see these going up in value one bit and probably losing 3k out of the box IMO.

#3922 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Well you know beers are on me when you get over this way!

#3923 7 years ago

Stern needs to figure out a way to get into the used game market. They are missing out on the millions of dollars their games make in the secondary market. I'd bet 60,000 games change hands every year and Stern is leaving a lot of $$ on the table. A LOTR game that has changed hands half a dozen times only profits Stern for the first sale. I'm thinking they need to build is some sort of gps tracker chip that disables the game if it is moved more than 100' from your house. Call it a "Security Feature" that allows you to get your game back if stolen or lost. Then, the next owner has to pay $500 to get it updated and re-established for their own home.

Maybe install them on all games (Sega, DE, Stern) at shows and locations so they can capitalize on their back catalog of games? Maybe get the B/Wms license, they like money too, right?

#3924 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Stern needs to figure out a way to get into the used game market. They are missing out on the millions of dollars their games make in the secondary market. I'd bet 60,000 games change hands every year and Stern is leaving a lot of $$ on the table. A LOTR game that has changed hands half a dozen times only profits Stern for the first sale. I'm thinking they need to build is some sort of gps tracker chip that disables the game if it is moved more than 100' from your house. Call it a "Security Feature" that allows you to get your game back if stolen or lost. Then, the next owner has to pay $500 to get it updated and re-established for their own home.
Maybe install them on all games (Sega, DE, Stern) at shows and locations so they can capitalize on their back catalog of games? Maybe get the B/Wms license, they like money too, right?

Are you effing insane? Surely you want games cheaper, not MORE expensive?

#3926 7 years ago

Watch what comes next.

Service pack code updates

They will short us on code and charge for an update like CCC

#3927 7 years ago

Better yet you could send Stern money to unlock special features in the code.

Different music, new call outs, extra wizard modes, more ball savers...

#3928 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Man, just walked in from work, opened Pinside , and saw this......must have hit the crack pipe before I left....am I reading this right?

#3929 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Sorry to hear man....even though I disagree with your take on BM66 ( hoping, anyway), I never like to hear about a family man that is on the downswing.....stay the course, it will eventually turn around.....these tough times will make the good ones coming feel that much better!!!

#3930 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, just walked in from work, opened Pinside , and saw this......must have hit the crack pipe before I left....am I reading this right?

I sincerely hope and want to believe he was being sarcastic.

#3931 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I've got some buffalo trace in hand....will consume, and reread it. Maybe that will help...

#3932 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've got some buffalo trace in hand....

is that like deer sign ?

#3933 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Another idea: Stern "Home Route" line. Home purchased games "credit up" when you call a special "Collector's Line" and hit the number of credits using your dial pad. 10 cents a game, less for bulk purchases. They won't work otherwise. For $5 per game you can get full credits for a night in case you are having a party and don't want to be on the phone ordering credits and such. Maybe have a special "CEO Edition" where for an extra $10k you can have credits for life (unless you sell the machine then new credit charges/transfer fees apply).

#3934 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

is that like deer sign ?

If I drink enough, yes, yes it is............

#3935 7 years ago

Best pinmat I have, btw:

IMG_1258 (resized).JPGIMG_1258 (resized).JPG

IMG_1259 (resized).JPGIMG_1259 (resized).JPG

#3936 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Another idea: Stern "Home Route" line. Home purchased games "credit up" when you call a special "Collector's Line" and hit the number of credits using your dial pad. 10 cents a game, less for bulk purchases. They won't work otherwise. For $5 per game you can get full credits for a night in case you are having a party and don't want to be on the phone ordering credits and such. Maybe have a special "CEO Edition" where for an extra $10k you can have credits for life (unless you sell the machine then new credit charges/transfer fees apply).

Or maybe an edition that does play for free in the home but gives you a little shock, nothing dangerous (I'm not crazy!), just a soft little jolt that you can barely feel. Maybe it would affect kids and pets a little more but for an adult it would be almost nothing. Then you could pay for credits if you know you're having a lot of people (especially kids!) over. That way everyone could play as much as they want and not get charged(!).

#3937 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

What's happening here? I'm believing the sarcasm theory and will continue to drink.....

#3938 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

......and Stern comes to your house to maintain the game whenever you need/want them to do a repair.

#3939 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Quoted from Rondogg:

Quoted from Rondogg:

Or maybe an edition that does play for free in the home but gives you a little shock, nothing dangerous (I'm not crazy!), just a soft little jolt that you can barely feel. Maybe it would affect kids and pets a little more but for an adult it would be almost nothing. Then you could pay for credits if you know you're having a lot of people (especially kids!) over. That way everyone could play as much as they want and not get charged(!).

Jody, you realise you are posting confidential Stern emails on Pinside? Gary is not going to be happy.

#3940 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Watch what comes next.
Service pack code updates
They will short us on code and charge for an update like CCC

I would pay to update my pins, a lot cheaper than buying a whole new pin and it could give the pin more lege or just make a good pin a better pin. But IMO Stern should already be doing this free of charge like JJP is doing.

#3941 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

This was is actually a room in my house!

I've corrected that for you ted

#3942 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Best pinmat I have, btw:

Really ties the room together.

#3943 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Stern needs to figure out a way to get into the used game market. They are missing out on the millions of dollars their games make in the secondary market. I'd bet 60,000 games change hands every year and Stern is leaving a lot of $$ on the table.

Dude, we know you are kidding but give them no ideas.

#3944 7 years ago

The difference in pins and video games with buying DLC is pins physically break down so we already have to pay money periodically for parts and eventually buy a whole new game if it wears too much. Pinball doesn't need DLC because it already has a constant revenue stream with mods and parts.

#3945 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Really ties the room together.

Knew you could appreciate this!!

You can tell w the wall stickers, IMVE took over WCS spot....waiting on a certain pin to reset my " Art"....fortunately, the mat is easily transferrable...

#3946 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The difference in pins and video games with buying DLC is pins physically break down so we already have to pay money periodically for parts and eventually buy a whole new game if it wears too much. Pinball doesn't need DLC because it already has a constant revenue stream with mods and parts.

You're forgetting who gets paid. Stern isn't the one making money on the mods... and rarely on the parts. Those are largely 3rd party.

A DLC or subscription model extends the revenue window for a game and the money goes right back to Stern.

The problem with it for pinball is
1) The potential # of units is so small its difficult to price the product to even make any money. If you spend 4 months on a product with 3 people... and your potential market is only 2-4k units.. you can't make money charging $50
2) Pinball's strength is it's randomness... its this 'every game is a new game' aspect is a pillar that makes pinball less repetitive than most video games. One could argue there is less 'need'

Stern could goto a paid upgrade model... but its kind of counter productive for a company like Stern whose job is to keep the factory running. Dedicating time and resources to games that already shipped is opportunity cost vs putting those resources into games they have yet to sell. Stern needs to sell games it manufactures... and makes margin and higher revenues from that.

You'd really have to start a seperate team doing just post-build software.. and this is part of the problem Stern faces now when people are upset over no software for games that were released many years ago. They are so lean on developers that such projects compete with new releases.

#3947 7 years ago

Be nice if she were in the game too.

CZgR40jWkAEK8jA (resized).jpgCZgR40jWkAEK8jA (resized).jpg

#3948 7 years ago

I guess we get to find out more today? It's the last day "before expo," right?

IMG_5710 (resized).PNGIMG_5710 (resized).PNG

#3949 7 years ago

Stay tuned everyone!

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.