PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 142.
#3251 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yeah its not for everyone. This artist loves the outlines, he does it on most of his stuff. I like it.

You keep looking stuff up before you post it as truth on pinside.. and you're gonna get the ravel all riled up at you. You're supposed to state the first thing that pops into your mind as fact...

#3252 7 years ago

Thick outlines on photorealistic images is so jarring to look at. Outlines are very cartoony. Looks really odd. Cheapens the art.

#3253 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I see what you're saying but I disagree to an extent. The changes did increase the cost to Nissan. R&D isn't free. My point was/is quality and performance were going up while the price increased

Like every car through it's lifecycle? The stand-out for the GTR was its price was surging while it's features were notoriously NOT.. and it wasn't just inflation. The GTR has been a standout in its now almost 10 year run as a car that largely has stayed the same. Engine tunes/tweaks and interior lifts are part of every platform's lifecycle. Usually 20-30% base price increases are not standard faire as a model goes through it's yearly tweaks/bumps. None of this is new to the auto world or press.. which is why the GTR was cited as the example of pricing changes based on reception. The initial price of the GTR was always a hot topic because of all the back and forth of would it be an infiniti badge here, would people pay 70k for a Nissan badge, etc. Plus the price point was set pretty early.. and the car they ultimately delivered far outshined it's dated price point.

A company that has its product undervalued will look to fix that with increased prices. Usually it's just done a bit more coy than simply raising the MSRP outright. Like, introduce a replacement model that you can sell as '20% better!!' - charge more for it relative to your 'old' model, yet the price increase is far greater than its actual additional margin hits. Costs only set your pricing floor... they are far less significant to your actual price point than factors like product differentiation, competition, market tolerance, etc... especially in segments with healthy margins. Market drivers and customer tolerance set the ceiling.. and everything inbetween is maximizing margin.

I mean... aren't people amazed how all toppers line up with roughly the same price points? Or art add-ons? People can have very different overhead costs, yet they all magically seem to be similar in price. And it's not because they all agreed to live on the same acceptable margin They are pricing based on value and what they think the market will shoulder.

- Former Z enthusiast

#3254 7 years ago

Direct print cabs?

#3255 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yeah its not for everyone. This artist loves the outlines, he does it on most of his stuff. I like it.

Being a bit of a videophile, I can tell you that I *hate* those outlines. It reminds me of the DVD days when edge enhancement was so prevalent.

http://www.videophile.info/Guide_EE/Page_01.htm

#3256 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Thick outlines on photorealistic images is so jarring to look at. Outlines are very cartoony. Looks really odd. Cheapens the art.

Yea, kind of like he was coloring inside the lines of a coloring book. I'm not saying the guy isn't talented, as he obviously is....but it is just not for me.

#3257 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What line do you draw and say this is a prime title and this is not a prime title?

Boy, there's a question....my answer probably is just " in the eye of the beholder" ......Alien was an absolute instant trigger pull for me...I need and want a dark, sci fi theme, and can't think of a better choice.

I had mild interest in BMTDK , but BM66 hit a great "sweet spot" for me....wanted a superhero theme, hated Avengers ( played several times) and love cartoony themes ( my FGY and TSPP aren't leaving), so this one fit perfectly for ME.

My line sadly has wiggles in it...no way in hell was I going to buy 2 NIB.....now look...pathetic, I am....

#3258 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Being a bit of a videophile, I can tell you that I *hate* those outlines. It reminds me of the DVD days when edge enhancement was so prevalent.
http://www.videophile.info/Guide_EE/Page_01.htm

Ha...I'm with you Rob.....maybe the lines will help me define the faces.....the DVD thing was horrid, however....

#3259 7 years ago

This lady could turn a whiskey man into a vodka drinker.

s-l1000 (resized).jpgs-l1000 (resized).jpg

#3260 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I will just buy from Heighway, AP, JJP etc instead if Stern go that route. And Spooky should they do a theme that interests me.

Seriously...... your putting AP in with Heighway, JJP, Stern and Spooky. Your stating that AP is a legitimate pinball company??? I guess they deserve to be among these other reputable companies...... except they have built nothing and they employ a dirty rotten two bit low life thief.

QSS

#3261 7 years ago

ok, it's Oct 1 CST.
no more entries for the Super LE

#3262 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

ok, it's Oct 1 CST.

Congrats to all the lucky winners of the contest...

I've made a huge mistake.pngI've made a huge mistake.png

#3263 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

ok, it's Oct 1 CST.

And we are on page "66"....how appropriate!
Let's stop now and reconvene on October 14th........

#3264 7 years ago

No more F'ing carguements!!!!! That needs to be the next pinside rule added.

#3267 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No more F'ing carguements!!!!! That needs to be the next pinside rule added.

I agree. It feels like when a Ford guy is going to lunch with a friend and his buddy is driving a Chevy. I mean what the hell is that?

#3268 7 years ago

The cargument phenomena is bizarre. I think people just feel that EVERYBODY deals with cars every day, so it's the easiest thing to make an analogy to, even when most of them are complete fallacies.

Cigarettes aren't cars.
Guns aren't cars.
And pinball machines certainly aren't cars. When you try to compare them in an argument they simply do not hold up to even cursory logical examination.

#3269 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This lady could turn a whiskey man into a vodka drinker.

The composition of that ad is way off. Why does she have a pistol in her right hand and one in her right holster?!

Also I hate the outline.

#3270 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The cargument phenomena is bizarre. I think people just feel that EVERYBODY deals with cars every day, so it's the easiest thing to make an analogy to, even when most of them are complete fallacies.
Cigarettes aren't cars.
Guns aren't cars.
And pinball machines certainly aren't cars. When you try to compare them in an argument they simply do not hold up to even cursory logical examination.

But Gary Stern himself compares a pinball to a Ford Taurus? :-p

#3271 7 years ago

I speak to my auto service department in terms of pinball. They smile politely.

#3272 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Warning! Anybody that digs up and post a picture of Ethel Merman in a swim suit will be shot.

Finding a hot Ethel Merman picture is tough. This is about the best I could do. Back to batman 66, or not.

IMG_2066 (resized).JPGIMG_2066 (resized).JPG

#3273 7 years ago

As a career auto technician, I do understand the cargument. Knowing how electrical systems work and having repaired some of the worst car electrical problem made working on pinball machines a piece of cake.

Sure, a pinball machine is like a car with no oil, no filter, no wheels, no tires, no brakes. No smog check, no registration, you don't have to remove the dashboard to get to those pesky wiring problems. I was happy to replace those rusting leaking Detroit shitboxes in my garage with 15 pinball machine.

#3274 7 years ago

Oh boy 150 posts since I last checked the thread, can't wait to see all the new and interesting info!

Oh.

#3275 7 years ago

Clearly people don't understand the principle of parallels - they don't intersect.

#3276 7 years ago

How many people on this thread actually ordered a Batman 66 LE?

#3277 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My buddy ordered two. I'm just monitoring all this for him.

#3278 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Myself, MK6pin....who else is in? Oh yeah, Odiner

#3279 7 years ago

Yes I'm in, on a premium.

I'm starting on season 1, episode 1. This birthday present has been on the shelf, time to break open the package. Episode guide, 44 cards, hot wheels batmobile, Adam West scrapbook. Maybe this can be on a shelf near the game.

IMG_1501 (resized).jpgIMG_1501 (resized).jpg

#3280 7 years ago

I also sprang for an LE.

#3281 7 years ago

Another speculation game to waste time until the Expo reveal.....Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel....

How are they going to do the (120 episodes) "per episode" special feature on each LE?

Seasons 1 & 2, same villain in cliffhanger show and escape/fight show. Riddler 1&2, Penquin 3&4, Joker 5&6, Mr Freeze 7&8 etc. Season 3 was mostly a parade of stars who all wanted to be on the hit show, e.g. Rudy Vallee, Barbara Rush, Milton Berle, Zsa Zsa Gabor (last episode BTW as "Minerva" with The Great Secret Extractor), Carolyn Jones (she is Morticia in TV Addams Family), etc.

Will it be the episode title, the villian shown via LCD attract mode, key fob?

#3283 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Myself, MK6pin....who else is in? Oh yeah, Odiner

Me.

#3284 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

No pics, no sale! On principal. If you can't be bothered to show me your product, I can't be bothered to give you that much money.

#3285 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No pics, no sale! On principal. If you can't be bothered to show me your product, I can't be bothered to give you that much money.

Me too. Especially when they want a deposit up front. Kinda tells me something.

#3286 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Me too. Especially when they want a deposit up front. Kinda tells me something.

You forgot the non-refundable part.

#3287 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

^^^ Yes, This ^^^ Also remembered BDK was an average pin when I played it last

#3288 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

^^^ Yes, This ^^^ Also remembered BDK was an average pin when I played it last

That's irrelevant. Austin Powers was average - and then it became Iron Man. But - yeah, show us the game or eat a bag of dicks.

#3289 7 years ago

Will there be a unlimited run of premiums like usual?

#3290 7 years ago

This guy must really want a BM66superLE (-;

#3291 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You forgot the Adam West meet and greet. Who needs a pinball machine or a refund when you can meet Batman himself?

#3292 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

yeah because Stern makes crappy games. Especially George and Lyman. blah blah until 10/14

#3293 7 years ago

239 posts later and I still don't trust Vegans.

#3294 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

yeah because Stern makes crappy games. Especially George and Lyman. blah blah until 10/14

I love George & Lyman....but they're not cult leaders and I won't give blindly. Asking for non-refundable deposits before a product has been shown has majorly turned me off from Stern. Add the assinine Premium price to this whole experiment, and I'm out. Reliable customer no more!

#3295 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

239 posts later and I still don't trust Vegans.

The two of us are trapped on a desert island. Who's going to eat who first?

#3296 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ginger or Mary Anne.

#3297 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

#3298 7 years ago

I'm ordering that Batman dvd set too Dan. Looks pretty cool.

50 hours to get through on a binge watch

I'd rather have an episode LE

#3299 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The composition of that ad is way off. Why does she have a pistol in her right hand and one in her right holster?!
Also I hate the outline.

Not to mention that ad was clearly not kept in the goodie bag, look at the wear at the edges.

#3300 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's a double deal breaker.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.