• Halle Barry 155 votes
    42%
  • Lee Meriwether 169 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(373 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 142.
#5651 1 year ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Been told by multiple sources "by Christmas" for SLE. Hope it works out that way.

Thats what Gary said at his expo talk for US SLE buyers. Overseas might be after xmas due to the long boat ride.

#5652 1 year ago
Quoted from Walt:Deleted post

Not a bad idea, I'll need a pin for my bomb shelter.

#5653 1 year ago

Show us some gameplay already

#5654 1 year ago

I have heard that the game may be playing at Freeplay on Friday....anyone else here this or IAPPA?

#5655 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I have heard that the game may be playing at Freeplay on Friday....anyone else here this or IAPPA?

That would be great, but doubt it it. Hopefully, I'm wrong...

#5656 1 year ago

Sooooo wheres this gameplay video??

Can someone get the famous 7 year old boy to write a gameplay review?

#5657 1 year ago

So I heard LE before Xmas for sure, SLE a few before xmas most after xmas...

#5658 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Great post.
This is why economics, finance and accounting should be taught from grades 5 - 12.
Too many people just do not have a clue how a free market economy works.
I love Milton Friedman...He should be required reading in school...guess I wouldn't mind a Milton Friedman pinball machine LOL » YouTube video

You sure brag a lot about your superior knowledge of economics, "how business works", and "how hard you work".

#5659 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

You sure brag a lot about your superior knowledge of economics, "how business works", and "how hard you work".

I have a degree in finance & accounting, I own a company, and I was up at 6am, out the door by 7am and got home at 9pm...so yea, I do work hard.

#5660 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Hoping you're right, and the game will rock!!

#5661 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I was told the SLEs will be shipped before Xmas.

I was kindly offered one by Stern ... I ended up declining the offer. I was all keen to bring one to NZ to share with the punters. Unfortunately $25,000+ NZ for a pinball machine is a little outside my comfort zone, so Gary says it will be passed on to the next on the list.

rd

#5662 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sooooo wheres this gameplay video??
Can someone get the famous 7 year old boy to write a gameplay review?

Hehe. I know you joking but just it put this to rest there where no balls in the machine. And I believe it was also not on Freeplay. People think the machine was there for 3 days and no one pressed start but a 7yo kid? I pressed start about 100 times myself.

#5663 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I pressed start about 100 times myself.

Typical Australian, no respect for the rules.

#5664 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Typical Australian, no respect for the rules.

And tried 100 times to get something for free lollllll

rd

#5665 1 year ago

I've got HD images of all 3 playfields but has Stern released their usual promo shots of all 3 cabinets/artwork? I've seen the factory tour photos but would like to see them from the same angle side by side like in the photo below of the ST lineup.

Maybe I've missed it, but I cannot seem to find it for the life of me? If it has been released and someone could provide it that would be great, thanks in advance.

IMG_7784 (resized).JPG

#5666 1 year ago

Has the game even surfaced again at a show? Will it before they ship?

#5667 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I've got HD images of all 3 playfields but has Stern released their usual promo shots of all 3 cabinets/artwork? I've seen the factory tour photos but would like to see them from the same angle side by side like in the photo below of the ST lineup.
Maybe I've missed it, but I cannot seem to find it for the life of me? If it has been released and someone could provide it that would be great, thanks in advance.

Yes, they have lots of different press photos in their facebook album linked below:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/sternpinball/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10154621559484244

#5668 1 year ago

Thank you Brewin! I don't have Facebook so I continually forget to check their page, thanks for the link.

#5669 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have a degree in finance & accounting, I own a company, and I was up at 6am, out the door by 7am and got home at 9pm...so yea, I do work hard.

To bad your NY Jets don't work as hard as you do.

#5670 1 year ago

I think the pro/premium looks the best.

#5671 1 year ago

I turned myself off from a BM66 but damn that crane toy is pulling me back, that thing was AWESOME in BDK, just toying with the idea now of a premium (pro) or limited edition (premium), love the artwork on the LE but as silly as it sounds I don't want a damn signature on my playfield so premium I think its going to be.

#5672 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I turned myself off from a BM66 but damn that crane toy is pulling me back, that thing was AWESOME in BDK, just toying with the idea now of a premium (pro) or limited edition (edition), love the artwork on the LE but as silly as it sounds I don't want a damn signature on my playfield so premium I think its going to be.

Do you have a distributor that even has an LE available? If I go in, it will have to be a Premium. I didn't get to Expo, but I keep hearing awesome things about how the game looks. I can wait until we get some game play comments, video and hopefully, I can find one on location to play in person.

#5673 1 year ago

Yeah i can get an LE if I want I know of several available when they cost £10/11000k the equivalent of $14000 here in the UK they don't sell out as fast lol.

It's just that damn crane that keeps chipping away in my mind saying "I'm awesome buy me, buy me" when I had my BDK the coffee can sucked but didn't bother me that much I enjoyed the drop and the shot through into the lock, the teeter totter ramp and upper playfield just slowed things down so removing those and adding another ramp is probably going to be great but it's that crane, IMO it's one of Sterns best toys ever!

#5674 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I was kindly offered one by Stern ... I ended up declining the offer. I was all keen to bring one to NZ to share with the punters. Unfortunately $25,000+ NZ for a pinball machine is a little outside my comfort zone, so Gary says it will be passed on to the next on the list.
rd

Pauloz!?

#5675 1 year ago

Just realized it has been an entire month since Stern revealed this at the party. Where the hell is the gameplay video by now???

#5676 1 year ago

I asked Paul if he wanted it, he almost bit but he will stick with his LE. $8000 more NZD for the SLE over his LE. That's a lot of moolah.

The SLE will go to someone in the USA I imagine.

rd

#5677 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I asked Paul if he wanted it, he almost bit but he will stick with his LE. $8000 more NZD for the SLE over his LE. That's a lot of moolah.
The SLE will go to someone in the USA I imagine.
rd

Probably a good guess I heard someone here in U.K passed on a SLE for the same reason, the ££ jump between a LE & SLE in GBP is so high I don't think a single one is making it to our shores.

#5678 1 year ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

That's quite the insult.
Any time you want to compare brains (or bank accounts for that matter) let me know.

You and I would probably not get along in real life.

#5679 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Just realized it has been an entire month since Stern revealed this at the party. Where the hell is the gameplay video by now???

If you remember, it was a long, long wait between the Ghostbusters official announcement and actual gameplay video.

#5680 1 year ago

I leave for IAAPA at noon tomorrow.
Fingers crossed Stern has a playable Batman by now to show off at the biggest trade show of the year.
However I am not holding my breath.
I'm sure JJP will be there with Dialed in though.
Even Chicago coin usually shows up with Medieval Madness.

#5681 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I was also offered a SLE and Gary said at expo about the SLE's above.

#5682 1 year ago

So, Stern trying to lock away all then non-refundable Sle & Le deposits before showing gameplay?

Too cynical?

#5683 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So, Stern trying to lock away all then non-refundable Sle & Le deposits before showing gameplay?
Too cynical?

Whether it's intentional or not, that's what they are effectively doing, yeah. Pretty nutty.

#5685 1 year ago

I'm going to guess that Stern hasn't shown any gameplay video yet as the animation work for the LCD is either not done or doesn't look look that great at this point.

One of the animations shown on a Batman 66 at the Stern Expo factory tour was for the high scores screen. I found the high score background image Stern is using on Goggle and could easily paste some yellow text onto it in MS Paint and it looked the same...Hopefully the animations look better in the final game, for $8k-$15k they better!

#5686 1 year ago

SO,what happens when these pins go out of the country,where they sit, cause the price is to high??And we have buyers that can't get one??What???I think if pins go out of the country,they should already be paid for!!Special order,so to speak!!Now,listen to this... 120 LEs ...120 Gadget LEs!!No other explanation was given! I'm in for a Gadget LE! Anybody else??

#5687 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

SO,what happens when these pins go out of the country,where they sit, cause the price is to high??And we have buyers that can't get one??What???I think if pins go out of the country,they should already be paid for!!Special order,so to speak!!Now,listen to this... 120 LEs ...120 Gadget LEs!!No other explanation was given! I'm in for a Gadget LE! Anybody else??

I believe that if the distributor has taken delivery of a game, it's "sold" from Stern's perspective. That distributor is then a re-seller of the game.

#5688 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm going to guess that Stern hasn't shown any gameplay video yet as the animation work for the LCD is either not done or doesn't look look that great at this point.
One of the animations shown on a Batman 66 at the Stern Expo factory tour was for the high scores screen. I found the high score background image Stern is using on Goggle and could easily paste some yellow text onto it in MS Paint and it looked the same...Hopefully the animations look better in the final game, for $8k-$15k they better!

Not sure I'd call that bad animation. That's how the ending credits look on the TV show. Seems theme appropriate to me.

hqdefault (resized).jpg

#5689 1 year ago

Aren't a lot of the animations going to be recycled assets from the slot machine too? The playfield art was largely repurposed previous art too. I don't think that animations are the holdup, because those can easily be off camera for a gameplay demonstration or they can use placeholder animations and just state as much during the video.

My guess is that they have a marketing plan with a specific reveal time window (haha, yeah right Jody knows how to organize something like that), the license holder has a specific time frame in mind, or they're using order volume as a measuring stick as to when to turn the hype dial back up. I mean, maybe it's due to lack of code or animations, but you really don't need much to show how a game shoots and flows. That happens at the whitewood stage.

#5690 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I turned myself off from a BM66 but damn that crane toy is pulling me back, that thing was AWESOME in BDK, just toying with the idea now of a premium (pro) or limited edition (premium), love the artwork on the LE but as silly as it sounds I don't want a damn signature on my playfield so premium I think its going to be.

Agreed. That crane is crazy cool.

#5691 1 year ago

Stern booth st IAAPA. No Batman

IMG_3168 (resized).JPG

IMG_3169 (resized).JPG

#5692 1 year ago

No Batman, GOT or KISS? Wtf?

#5693 1 year ago

No Batman, GOT or KISS? Wtf?

Why bring your turds when you've got MET, TWD, GB, and SMVE?

#5694 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why bring your turds when you've got MET, TWD, GB, and SMVE?

True. But you'd think they would want to showcase their most current lineup. 3 GBs really?

#5695 1 year ago

True. But you'd think they would want to showcase their most current lineup. 3 GBs really?

Short ball times = more people playing

#5696 1 year ago

No Batman at IAAPA because Stern/Lyman did not want to show a game with early software. This is a show for selling completed products.
On the other hand I remember JJP showing a half dozen WOZ with zero game software at IAAPA. It was just a box of lights in attract mode with flippers that flipped and most in the amusement industry were clueless too the fact.

#5697 1 year ago

It's crazy that they would miss IAAPA with Batman but they'd roll out a "DON'T TOUCH" version of the game for Pinball Expo. Questionable strategy there...

#5698 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Stern booth st IAAPA. No Batman

Three times as many Stern pins there than they had at Expo.

#5699 1 year ago

I still will believe they are holding on to insure it's right ( code, gameplay, LCD, etc.) before releasing.....let me dream!!!

#5700 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

No Batman at IAAPA because Stern/Lyman did not want to show a game with early software. This is a show for selling completed products.
On the other hand I remember JJP showing a half dozen WOZ with zero game software at IAAPA. It was just a box of lights in attract mode with flippers that flipped and most in the amusement industry were clueless too the fact.

Well, "Dec" in their "Dec/Jan" delivery estimate for BM'66 is only 2 weeks away. Pretty bad if they don't even have enough BDK code disguised to show it in a basic form yet, but their delivery estimate for their machine is next month.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trier, RP
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Champaign, IL
$ 179.99
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside