• Halle Barry 155 votes
    42%
  • Lee Meriwether 169 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(373 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 142.
#4851 2 years ago

Really?? Less than 4K? No way...

#4852 2 years ago

When this industry crashes, man is it gonna crash HARD!!! Milking pinheads for every dime will eventually run its course.

Until then, I'll be waiting. Cash. In. Hand.

#4853 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlosopher:

Really?? Less than 4K? No way...

Of course lower. They were selling pros to end users at low to mid $4ks recently.

#4854 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's the price just for the decals!

#4855 2 years ago

less then 4 k, so at 15k it's a nice profit.
damn don't mind if they make a profit but 11k+ ... damn, my a$$ hurt!

#4856 2 years ago

That's the issue I'm having with this game, and I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I don't think I can justify it. As others have said, I swear it's made me bi-polar.

For a split second every day I forget the price and think how good it might be, LCD, Batman, Lyman etc. Then I wake up and tell my self it's obscene to even think about it. Even given the "scarcity", I can't reason it. If it were GBLE pricing, even just for the B66LE, I think I'd be in. But I truly think Gary has jumped the shark.

#4857 2 years ago

What did BIBLE's sell for new, out of curiosity? The title never grabbed me that hard, but seemed they were gone before announced. Just curious how much prices have jumped from that one to this?

#4858 2 years ago

The problem with the art is that each piece seems like it was drawn separately then thrown together in a collage instead of having a central theme that connects them and flows together.

Certainly not the worst and I do still think it's better than most Stern's though.

#4859 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What did BIBLE's sell for new, out of curiosity? The title never grabbed me that hard, but seemed they were gone before announced. Just curious how much prices have jumped from that one to this?

Street price $6600

#4860 2 years ago

Just remember....
Fancy decals with glossy Batmobile art $300
Black with silver fleck and red trim siderails $1000
Flaunting new Batman 66 SLE on Pinside PRICELESS

#4861 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Street price $6600

Why the thumbs down on Greg's reply? I genuinely wanted to know...

#4862 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Street price $6600

I'm not sure it was that much even (I was thinking low $6ks), but can't find it in my e-mail. TF sucking caused me to pull out of that one if I remember correctly...

#4863 2 years ago

AC/DC Premium street price was $6300. The BIBLE was probably $300-$500 more.

#4864 2 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

When this industry crashes, man is it gonna crash HARD!!! Milking pinheads for every dime will eventually run its course.
Until then, I'll be waiting. Cash. In. Hand.

Said everyone on RGP and Pinside a decade ago...

#4865 2 years ago

I wish Stern would go back and complete all the old codes including bug fixes.

#4866 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

AC/DC Premium street price was $6300

Not at the start of the run... that was very late. There were at least two price increases during the span of time if I recall. For sure there was one at the late run that pushed it towards that 6300 price. I mean, I bought mine for 6100 shipped.. and that was back in Apr of 2013... which was after AC/DC had matured... but right before one of the price bumps.

The thing with AC/DC that was different from the era like MET.. was the early code and pro were not really well received and there wasn't any rush for the LE editions. The LE editions were thought of more like Spiderman Black.. a few cosmetic (armor+backglass) upgrades... but a real premium price for it.. so it was a pass for most. It wasn't until the code update that had the big song jackpot strategy and the premiums were out in the wild that AC/DC took off. By that time the window for the LEs had past.

#4867 2 years ago

Looks like Stern has a Home version of this one too.

Batman (resized).jpg

#4868 2 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Looks like Stern has a Home version of this one too.

I bet that's the $2,000. version

#4869 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm not sure it was that much even (I was thinking low $6ks), but can't find it in my e-mail. TF sucking caused me to pull out of that one if I remember correctly...

Maybe that was a shipped price, then.

#4870 2 years ago

IMO - if this game plays well - it's a homerun
At least for those of my generation that grew up with this show.

#4871 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

IMO - if this game plays well - it's a homerun
At least for those of my generation that grew up with this show.

If the pro/premium costs $7700 (idk if that's the cost) but IMO that's still a lot of money.

I guess it'll sell ok, but I'm curious if people forget Met/Tron/IMVE/TWD pro was $4700. Part of the reason SMVE didn't sell well was that people were expecting lower price.

#4872 2 years ago

It's a specialty game. It's not a normal "cornerstone" Stern release. They are only going to make one every 18/24 months. It has limited appeal and it's for collectors/home use and not operators.

The next release is Aerosmith and the pro pricing is supposed to be $200 over GB pro.

I'm going to start a new thread with Gary Stern's description of their different models.

#4873 2 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

The next release is Aerosmith and the pro pricing is supposed to be $200 over GB pro.

I would be surprised if that turns out to be accurate, but I hope that it is (obviously).

$200.00 more for Sterns first LCD pin would be more than we could hope for (and I'm afraid that it is).

#4874 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The new spinning toy seems interesting, but since they wouldn't let anyone play it and didn't have a video who knows.
Honestly I'm just grateful Stern made the reveal so blah, it helped Alien out.

#4875 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ยป YouTube video

Doesn't look "blah" to me!

#4877 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If the pro/premium costs $7700 (idk if that's the cost) but IMO that's still a lot of money.
I guess it'll sell ok, but I'm curious if people forget Met/Tron/IMVE/TWD pro was $4700. Part of the reason SMVE didn't sell well was that people were expecting lower price.

Honestly, price is not an issue for me on this.
I am in love with the theme, graphics, use of the 2 lcds, sound track

#4878 2 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

The next release is Aerosmith

eesh. Is that really 100%? Thats about as appealing as a GB focused on the recent installment...

#4879 2 years ago

I hadn't seen it even rotate, so thanks for the video. But I'd prefer to see gameplay.

#4880 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hadn't seen it even rotate, so thanks for the video. But I'd prefer to see gameplay.

Capt._Obvious (resized).jpg

#4881 2 years ago

Is it have color changeing gi even? Looks to have a few rgb inserts but nothing like got or star trek premiums and le's....

#4882 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Then ultimately I was never offered one, so the decision was taken out of my hands. Whatever honor I might have felt would not apply to being offered 'sloppy seconds' if they were to offer me one now that someone else isn't taking

Interesting that the 80 Super LE emails have gone out ... and I think we have had 2 guys (?) in this thread that have said they are getting one.

Which would mean that either the guys getting them aren't the boasting kind ... or a lot of the recipients aren't on Pinside.

rd

#4883 2 years ago

WOW,all that Money for a LE,and you still have to buy the side rail art!! Thats BS!!

#4884 2 years ago

rotordave,would you want a bunch of whinney non-buyers,asking you if you want to sell it??

#4885 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Interesting that the 80 Super LE emails have gone out ... and I think we have had 2 guys (?) in this thread that have said they are getting one.
Which would mean that either the guys getting them aren't the boasting kind ... or a lot of the recipients aren't on Pinside.
rd

Whens yours arrive RD?

#4886 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Or they don't want to catch a lot of flak. No one wants to be the target of a flame fest. Could get ugly.

LTG : )

#4887 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Or its the "smart money" and they don't give a shit

#4888 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I think there is a group of very rich people who buy these pins, basically every LE or whatever the best model is with out any thought of how much it costs and who have way better things to do than be on pinside, keep in mind I'm insulting myself as well.

#4889 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I think there is a group of very rich people who buy these pins, basically every LE or whatever the best model is with out any thought of how much it costs and who have way better things to do than be on pinside, keep in mind I'm insulting myself as well.

Errrr...yep.

#4890 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The owner's lists on Pinside show that a very substantial portion of the LEs and limited games such as Spooky are owned by Pinsiders and that does not even include the people that don't list the games they own.

#4891 2 years ago

I had a GB/PRe paid for when this came up,and I was given the opportunity to switch my money and own a B66LE instead!I'm a retired bum,on SS,with a 3Mill.stock portfolio I worked 30 years dam hard for!! The dividends i receive,allow me to buy a new pin every year if I want,cause I earned the right!! Many other of us have also come this way!

#4892 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

3Mill.stock portfolio I worked 30 years dam hard for!! The dividends i receive,allow me to buy a new pin every year if I want,cause I earned the right!!

Boom boom drop the mic

Verizon and AT&T dividends would give you about $120k per year and you could buy about 15 new pins a year.

Mix in a little Apple, Bud, Tap, Lockheed, etc and you could maybe buy out JJP or Stern when they go down? Hehe

#4893 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I had a GB/PRe paid for when this came up,and I was given the opportunity to switch my money and own a B66LE instead!I'm a retired bum,on SS,with a 3Mill.stock portfolio I worked 30 years dam hard for!! The dividends i receive,allow me to buy a new pin every year if I want,cause I earned the right!! Many other of us have also come this way!

3uadrl (resized).jpg

#4895 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'm a retired bum

I'm a semi working bum, with no stocks and not a care in the world.

#4896 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I had a GB/PRe paid for when this came up,and I was given the opportunity to switch my money and own a B66LE instead!I'm a retired bum,on SS,with a 3Mill.stock portfolio I worked 30 years dam hard for!! The dividends i receive,allow me to buy a new pin every year if I want,cause I earned the right!! Many other of us have also come this way!</
Good to hear. I have a similar story compliments of AAPL.
Best wishes for your retirement.

#4897 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm a semi working bum, with no stocks and not a care in the world.

I'm semi retired myself, that means I drive half way to work then come home again.

#4898 2 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The owner's lists on Pinside show that a very substantial portion of the LEs and limited games such as Spooky are owned by Pinsiders and that does not even include the people that don't list the games they own.

Well considering the fact that the LE's and Pre's are all lumped together makes ur theory excuse me garbage. I'm not saying pinside isn't important but there might be a reason Gary Stern isn't all that interested in our views and JJP has made major changes based on a lot of whats said here, Andrew Heighway is very involved in the site and I appreciate that, DP and spooky too, I think they kinda have to but Stern is absent for the most part and will cut you off for the slightest jab at his company, think about it and don't worry you and me are integral to the business.

#4899 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm semi retired myself, that means I drive half way to work then come home again.

We used to do that going to high school. Get half way there and turn around.

#4900 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We used to do that going to high school. Get half way there and turn around.

Yep, or maybe first period would happen but after a brief meeting in the smoking lounge it was off to the arcade with 20 mins or so spent in the car before we went in, not smoking hash or anything it was just a pep talk and counting change.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside