• Halle Barry 155 votes
    42%
  • Lee Meriwether 169 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(373 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 142.
#6501 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is there any place to buy that plastic protector for the inside of the machine?
It'd be so much easier to lift and the lower the playfield having that in place.

I noticed that too, never seen that before. Would def come in handy.

#6502 1 year ago

can't wait to get the pin.
just have to find room for it now...

batman-fan-1 (resized).jpg

#6503 1 year ago

Damn that mech looks crazy. Can't wait for this game.

#6504 1 year ago

Hopefully the playfield will not warp with that huge hole back there and the heavy mini rotating playfield

#6505 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is there any place to buy that plastic protector for the inside of the machine?

Which protector??

#6506 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Which protector??

The plastic protector covering the art blades when the playfield is in the up position.

#6507 1 year ago

Not sure what material they're using but I've seen poster board used for that purpose before.

#6508 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I noticed that too, never seen that before. Would def come in handy.

I'm using more or less the same "device" since 5 years for my games due to the mirror blades. I "built" them from thin cardboard.

#6509 1 year ago

Wow my Le is in the video at 15.52, the wait is almost over and think they look amazing!

#6510 1 year ago

My local arcade just posted saying they are getting this pin on January 7th. I'm sure there will be plenty of videos by then.

#6511 1 year ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

My local arcade just posted saying they are getting this pin on January 7th. I'm sure there will be plenty of videos by then.

Did they order an SLE, LE, or premium?

#6512 1 year ago
Quoted from labnip:

can't wait to get the pin.
just have to find room for it now...

I don't feel you are a true Batman fan. Admittedly, you are off to a strong start, but you'll need more heart to convince Gary you deserve to buy a premium BM66, what with Sterns new purchase policy in 2017. All prospective buyers are required to submit a video to be considered for an invitation to buy a Stern. This applies to all models, SLE, LE, prem and even even pros. This ties back into their new marketing plan geared towards those video applicants deemed to be in the range of - acceptable to deploreable. Program is snappily named - you'll buy what we tell you, when we tell you and for what price. You will like it once once we finalize code over the next 3 years. Don't criticize or complain or there will be no soup for you, next in line. After all that you have the nerve to call yourself a man? - program.

A few things I've done to my cave lately in hopes of being offered a chance to purchase a BM66LE. Of course I'll need to make a video, but you get the idea. Have given up on finding an SLE, because my wife says I'd have to really tear the house apart in order to show loyalty and to prepare a special space that it deserves. LE'S are a dime a dozen and can be placed practically anywhere. I could put one over here or over there (see pic).

Confucius say you must think big thoughts to have big toys. He also say you will be (good in bed) at your business meeting today. He is sometime erroneously attributed to saying, "No first you wax on, then you wax off. Sheesh, what a moron".

GLWTT (GoodLuckWithTheTravels)
batmanprimary (resized).png

#6513 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did they order an SLE, LE, or premium?

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing it's the premium since they only have pros for the other stern titles.

#6514 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I don't feel you are a true Batman fan. You are admittedly off to a good start, but you'll need more heart to convince Gary you deserve to even buy a premium BM66, what with Sterns new purchase policy in 2017. All prospective buyers are required to submit a video to even be considered a chance to buy a Stern. This applies to premiums and pros. This is tied into the new marketing plan titled - you'll buy it when we tell you to, you'll like it once we delver code within the next 3 years or there will be no soup for you, next in line.
A few things I've done to my cave lately in hopes of being offered a chance to purchase BM66LE. Of course I'll likely need to make a video, but you get the idea. I have given up on finding an SLE, because my wife says I have to really tear the house apart to prepare a proper space.
Remember what Confusions said - you must think big thoughts to have big toys. He may also have said you will be (good in bed) at your business meeting today. He is attributed as saying, "No first you wax on, then you wax off. Sheesh, what a moron".

That tire looks flat.

#6515 1 year ago

Hope the spell check person is not on vacation....

mis spell (resized).jpg

#6516 1 year ago

edit: nevermind..

#6517 1 year ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Direct Link to Today's Stern Factory tour with Batman '66 on the line:
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154827406144244/

very kool !

#6518 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

blah blah blah trying to shame BM66 buyers blah blah blah

C'mon. Sour grapes are the lesser man's fruit.

#6519 1 year ago

There is nothing better than getting home from work, for me a 3 day marathon of meetings, and finally getting to enjoy some pinball and beer!

Spent some time on my TWDLE and GBLE. Burned up the Stay Puft man and hit "We came we saw we kicked its ass" again. Simply awesome fun factor.

Now if those two pins had an LCD to add to the experience, I might just blow a nut.

So in thinking how much fun I just had and BM66LE is a special anniversary edition, great theme, with an LCD, coded by Lyman, etc.....

I might just blow out my other nut when I get it home.

Boom boom

#6520 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There is nothing better than getting home from work, for me a 3 day marathon of meetings, and finally getting to enjoy some pinball and beer!
Spent some time on my TWDLE and GBLE. Burned up the Stay Puft man and hit "We came we saw we kicked its ass" again. Simply awesome fun factor.
Now if those two pins had an LCD to add to the experience, I might just blow a nut.
So in thinking how much fun I just had and BM66LE is a special anniversary edition, great theme, with an LCD, coded by Lyman, etc.....
Boom boom

Absolute ditto here!!!...not 3 days worth of meetings, but 2 month prep for 2 MAJOR, top tier meetings, last which ended late today. Successful on both.....family torturing themselves at the mall ( my shopping done), and I'm blasting pins and beer...thinking about how cool my BM66LE, and Alien LE will add devastation to my pin mix....I love this freakin hobby!!!

#6521 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Absolute ditto here!!!...not 3 days worth of meetings, but 2 month prep for 2 MAJOR, top tier meetings, last which ended late today. Successful on both.....family torturing themselves at the mall ( my shopping done), and I'm blasting pins and beer...thinking about how cool my BM66LE, and Alien LE will add devastation to my pin mix....I love this freakin hobby!!!

Congrats Mark!

Not sure when Andrew will get us our AlienLE's but we'll have BM66LE to keep us busy for a while. In the meantime, stacking up some beer cans brother.

Alien is looking freaky good with the teasers. Could be big hit of 2017. Especially for the $$

#6522 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Boom boom

Your suppose to have help at home for the "Nut Bustin!"

#6523 1 year ago

"Spent some time on my TWDLE and GBLE. Burned up the Stay Puft man and hit "We came we saw we kicked its ass" again. Simply awesome fun factor.
So in thinking how much fun I just had and BM66LE is a special anniversary edition, great theme, with an LCD, coded by Lyman, etc....."

I have same two games but gonna trade TWDLE for B66LE

#6524 1 year ago

DAMN IT! I saw over 100 new posts and I thought video was released. AAAAAAAAAAAAAND morale back to ZERO.

#6525 1 year ago

Their is video up of the game being built on sterns Facebook page and video coming on the 30th; I'm betting on LYMAN and that center toy looks great

#6526 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

that center toy looks great

It does look very impressive. And we're getting that WITH the crane, which is already considered one of the best pinball toys ever.

Plus 2 color LCDs and everything else. There is a lot to like about what is in this game.

#6527 1 year ago

With the LE getting the side blades, what sets the SLE apart again from the LE? Aside from the privilege to pay $5K more?

#6528 1 year ago

Just a reminder I'm still looking for a BM66 LE so if anyone is thinking about cancelling or knows of a game available please pm me. Not looking to pay over MSRP just hoping to find a game at list price

#6529 1 year ago
Quoted from bjorg:

With the LE getting the side blades, what sets the SLE apart again from the LE? Aside from the privilege to pay $5K more?

Oh boy here we go again

#6530 1 year ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Check out the feature matrix, it's been out for awhile now.

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/batman-66/premium/2027/Batman%20'66%20Features%20Matrix(1).pdf

#6531 1 year ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Check out the feature matrix, it's been out for awhile now.
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/batman-66/premium/2027/Batman%20'66%20Features%20Matrix(1).pdf

That matrix might not be accurate since the LE's in the stern factory video appear to all be getting art blades which contradicts the published feature matrix.

I hope the art blades are included and it wasnt just a manufacturing mistake for these first few machines.

Sometimes the feature matix changes from when its first published to when games are built. Didn't the early Star Trek documents say the premiums included a shaker motor but they pulled it out later?

#6532 1 year ago

Well, April at Automated just called, letting me know they were picking up my LE from Stern TOMORROW, to ship that day or Monday latest ( due to holiday) .....should have it Wednesday...here we go!!!

#6533 1 year ago

Mine is schedule for Wednesday deliver YEA

#6534 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

That matrix might not be accurate since the LE's in the stern factory video appear to all be getting art blades which contradicts the published feature matrix.
I hope the art blades are included and it wasnt just a manufacturing mistake for these first few machines.
Sometimes the feature matix changes from when its first published to when games are built. Didn't the early Star Trek documents say the premiums included a shaker motor but they pulled it out later?

Not sure about ST, but the matrix says the LE and SLE get "iconic themed art blades" and then the SLE also get "interior cabinet art blade decals". Maybe I misunderstood, but I took that to mean that the LE and SLE were getting blades but somehow the SLE's were better.

#6535 1 year ago
Quoted from bjorg:

The SLE cabinet is printed on reflective foil, kind of like a super version of the KISS LE cabinets (someone said it was embossed, too, but I can't tell from video). You can kind of see the reflective effect in the video on facebook when they pan up the head with Robin. Also, the side rails and lockdown bars are textured and have a metal flake in them so they glitter, and the side rails are custom "batwing" shaped. Speakers and grills are upgraded and comes with a shaker motor.

#6536 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well, April at Automated just called, letting me know they were picking up my LE from Stern TOMORROW, to ship that day or Monday latest ( due to holiday) .....should have it Wednesday...here we go!!!

Wow thats awesome that people will be getting it prior to the video stream next week. Cant wait to see the unboxing vids.

#6537 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Also, the side rails and lockdown bars are textured and have a metal flake in them so they glitter, and the side rails are custom "batwing" shaped. ...and comes with a shaker motor.

All this is on both the LE & SLE, just that the SLE additionally has pin striping on the lockbar & siderails. The speaker grills have the lighted bat signs on the SLE. Both have a shaker.
SLE has the bat sign projector added to the topper and I think the hinges are different. SLE has better speakers, headphone jack and you get all 3 translites. Something's also different with the trading cards i guess, but I don't care for all this plaque & signature stuff.

Personally I think the cab decals & the lighted speakers are what make the SLE the only visually desirable game of the three. Don't like the other cabs at all, more or less the same colors & artwork on TL, PF, backbox AND cab? Terrible.

The pinstriping on the SLE is cool, but at least you also get the catwoman-glitter-suit armor on the LE. Gives it a nice "touch".

#6538 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So you can post gameplay vid before Stern...woohoo! Do it do it

#6539 1 year ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Not sure about ST, but the matrix says the LE and SLE get "iconic themed art blades" and then the SLE also get "interior cabinet art blade decals". Maybe I misunderstood, but I took that to mean that the LE and SLE were getting blades but somehow the SLE's were better.

Looks like they updated the feature matrix. I compared at the one I downloaded a few months ago to the current one on the Stern site. It looks like the art blades are officially part of LE now accprding to the newer matrix.

I'll have to rewatch the video and see if the SLE blades look different than the LE blades.

Other difference I saw is that they now saw 30 SLE's are celebrating 30 years of Stern and 50 SLE's are celebrating 50 years of Batman66.

Also says SLE and LE playfields are signed by George and Lyman, earlier it just said George.

Finally on new matrix it lists 6 balls per game in general section at bottom of matrix. However it also mentions 8 ball way at the top of the matrix. I'm assuming its a typo and is still 8 ball multiball.

#6540 1 year ago

Yes, the decals on the SLE are embossed. You can feel the textures of the images as you run your finger down them. They really pop and were the nicest decals I have ever seen on a pinball.

Quoted from vireland:

The SLE cabinet is printed on reflective foil, kind of like a super version of the KISS LE cabinets (someone said it was embossed, too, but I can't tell from video). You can kind of see the reflective effect in the video on facebook when they pan up the head with Robin. Also, the side rails and lockdown bars are textured and have a metal flake in them so they glitter, and the side rails are custom "batwing" shaped. Speakers and grills are upgraded and comes with a shaker motor.

#6541 1 year ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

All this is on both the LE & SLE, just that the SLE additionally has pin striping on the lockbar & siderails. The speaker grills have the lighted bat signs on the SLE. Both have a shaker.
SLE has the bat sign projector added to the topper and I think the hinges are different. SLE has better speakers, headphone jack and you get all 3 translites. Something's also different with the trading cards i guess, but I don't care for all this plaque & signature stuff.
Personally I think the cab decals & the lighted speakers are what make the SLE the only visually desirable game of the three. Don't like the other cabs at all, more or less the same colors & artwork on TL, PF, backbox AND cab? Terrible.
The pinstriping on the SLE is cool, but at least you also get the catwoman-glitter-suit armor on the LE. Gives it a nice "touch".

SLE was also supposed to get a personalized phone message from adam west. Not sure if its integrated in gameplay or not though.

#6542 1 year ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Wrong. At least according to the feature matrix the SLE cabinet is the only one with "hyper chrome embossed art" and the Jensen upgraded speakers - LE and Premium don't have that.

#6543 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

SLE was also supposed to get a personalized phone message from adam west. Not sure if its integrated in gameplay or not though.

Like a batphone message in-game? That would be weird.

#6544 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So does that mean some chicago based people could pick up their games as early as tomorrow? If so bring on the game footage videos!

#6545 1 year ago

I had my premium paid in full the middle of October. I want mine too!!!

#6546 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Like a batphone message in-game? That would be weird.

Kaminkow mentioned that in addition to adam west signing 500 cards when he was at Stern, he also recorded personalized batman messages for the SLE buyers. They never really elaborated on how those would work.

My guess was that when the batphone rings on the game, you then answer it and a stock message from adam plays indicating what villain is at large. For the SLE owners maybe the personalized version would be loaded into the game somehow?

The blurb below was also posted on Stern facebook page back during expo. No one has elaborated on it since then.and its not in feature matrix so who knows if its in the game or not.

Screenshot_20161021-163535 (resized).png

#6547 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Yes, the decals on the SLE are embossed. You can feel the textures of the images as you run your finger down them. They really pop and were the nicest decals I have ever seen on a pinball.

Yeah, they're not worth the extra money by a longshot, but it was super slick.

#6548 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Wrong. At least according to the feature matrix the SLE cabinet is the only one with "hyper chrome embossed art" and the Jensen upgraded speakers - LE and Premium don't have that.

The "hyper chrome embossed art" are the SLE decals, obviously.
And the Jensen speakers, yep, that's why I wrote "better speakers"...

#6549 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

So you can post gameplay vid before Stern...woohoo! Do it do it

Based on my workflow next week, if it arrives on my dock wednesday, I should be able to unbox, setup, and fire it up for a video Thursday AM.

#6550 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

So does that mean some chicago based people could pick up their games as early as tomorrow? If so bring on the game footage videos!

idk......would believe that Stern is releasing/ shipping to distributors (not end users), so there is still that piece of the food chain. Just good to know it's happening!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 179.99
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hauppauge, NY
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside