• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 142.
#2701 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This one is first for me. Period. I have been in on AlienLE pre order for a long time, depends on Expo reveal. JJP #3 and Lawlor, no F ing brainer! Any time either Keith or Lyman does the code on any pin it has the chance to be great, the rest is IFFY.
I'll say this though, my GBLE is F ing AWESOME right now!!!
And Vid throws that Clueless pic up and she is the fattest, ugliest batgirl, right? No such thing.
This might end up being a great thread with the bat girls/ladies.

I'm going to be seriously tempted w JJP3 as well.....oh well....

Bat girls and Bourbon....has a nice ring to it....more pics please...

( I'm AlienLE first, obviously, but don't see me bailing on BM66 second...sounds cooler by the day)

#2702 3 years ago
Quoted from RickThorn:

I bought an LE. Art looks great. Why all the fuss?

It's $10k and you have no idea what you've bought lol

#2703 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Batgirl appearances were special and few. I hope there's a batgirl multiball or batgirl cycle video mode. I wonder if she ever fantasized about sliding down the batpole.

There just has to be a Batgirl lock, where she grabs the Jokers Balls and holds onto them until you hit the blue lighted shots, causing him to die.

#2704 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry Robo, let's just all stop the nonsense. This pin is going to look awesome and will play great. Why?
30th anniversary and Stern doesn't want a POS. And what we know already.
Lyman is doing the coding and it has an LCD. WTF, you guys know 2+2=4. Not that hard to put it together.

We will see but stern has let us down so many times im not real sure anymore, especially for this amount of money and nothing to go on except what they have mentioned . One thing is for sure ....the people that spent this much money sight unseen sure will pump it up regardless if its really good or not.....hope it ends up being great then people can get a premium down the road with same gameplay.

#2705 3 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

There just has to be a Batgirl lock, where she grabs the Jokers Balls and holds onto them until you hit the blue lighted shots, causing him to die.

I like it, although I just winced a little.
Hits close to home.

#2706 3 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's $10k and you have no idea what you've bought lol

You put a very fine point on that. Hundreds of people are putting down 10-15k with no idea what they are buying. They needed to either do it before this art was released, or embarrass the hell out of themselves when Stern publishes their begging video.

The next "cornerstone" release is going to be higher priced than GB was. It will probably be less than BM66 (is the 66 in mm or cm for the length of this BM?). But the prices are a climbing.

#2707 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hundreds of people are putting down 10-15k with no idea what they are buying.

who has paid more than a deposit? i paid a 2k deposit... if anyone is paying for the whole thing already, dey cray cray

#2708 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

who has paid more than a deposit? i paid a 2k deposit... if anyone is paying for the whole thing already, dey cray cray

Ditto...refundable for at least a little longer

#2709 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto...refundable for at least a little longer

So it is refundable until after Expo? That's the real question I'm asking. Will you be able to see and evaluate the game before you are locked in. I understand you can't play it first, but an educated guess from playfield pics before it becomes non-refundable?

#2710 3 years ago

Does anyone have any guesses as to the price point on a Premium? I see lots of discussion on the LE's and SLE's but was curious about the other end.....just a regular, run of the mill Premium...entry level BM66?

#2711 3 years ago

BM66 Premium list price is $8599.00

#2712 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So it is refundable until after Expo? That's the real question I'm asking. Will you be able to see and evaluate the game before you are locked in. I understand you can't play it first, but an educated guess from playfield pics before it becomes non-refundable?

I have no intention of letting my deposit go past a non-refundable stage unless I'm fully informed.

#2713 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I have no intention of letting my deposit go past a non-refundable stage unless I'm fully informed.

For awhile the story was - refunds are available up until Expo. After the meet & greet, the funds are considered locked in. Unfortunately you don't get to see anything prior to the m&g. So if you paid a down payment, you have committed to buying a game prior to seeing it. If you wait to see it revealed, you can't get your money back. So you have to be a bit of a gambler, a fool, a madman or have deep pockets - to buy a prem or LE before expo. Do you feel lucky, Punk?

lucky (resized).jpg

#2714 3 years ago

With so few LEs, I would think any LE buyer could easily get out of it. Assuming the game isn't a stinking turd, but everything I've heard has been the opposite and there is a lot of internal excitement for it.

#2715 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

For awhile the story was - refunds are available up until Expo. After the meet & greet, the funds are considered locked in. Unfortunately you don't get to see anything prior to the m&g. So if you paid a down payment, you have committed to buying a game prior to seeing it. If you wait to see it revealed, you can't get your money back. So you have to be a bit of a gambler, a fool, a madman or have deep pockets - to buy a prem or LE before expo. Do you feel lucky, Punk?

That is pretty lame-imo. Most deposits for previous LE's have been a refundable deposit after the reveal(official announcement with pictures and spec info) of the game. WTF-if this is so popular and so limited then what is the big deal with offering potential buyers the right to refund their deposit and allow the distributer to sell to another person after the reveal. If demand and supply are skewed there should be NO problem refunding a deposit if the buyer is not comfortable or has changed their mind. Bad business practice

#2716 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Bad business practice

Well that's one thing Stern has mastered as of late. Playfields? Not so much...

Oh and good morning everyone

#2717 3 years ago

After the meet & greet, the funds are considered locked in. Unfortunately you don't get to see anything prior to the m&g. So if you paid a down payment, you have committed to buying a game prior to seeing it

I'm sorry... was the M&G now an instantaneous event?

Do you have any actual interaction with Stern on this topic, or are you just extrapolating and stating as fact?

#2718 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What's up Rick Kaneda?

He is on here as Davebowman as well. Dude just can't let go.

#2719 3 years ago

Enjoy

batman tv candid color (resized).jpg

batman west bts color camera (resized).JPG

batman bts cup (resized).jpg

Behind the Scenes of Batman 66 (resized).jpg

#2720 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I'm sorry... was the M&G now an instantaneous event?
Do you have any actual interaction with Stern on this topic, or are you just extrapolating and stating as fact?

Only the SLE model is being sold directly by Stern. I was told this by two distributers, when I called around for prem / LE pricing. Both said if you don't like the game, you can easily sell it to next guy on the list and get your money back after they paid deposit. One offered to sell a machine w/o a ticket to m&G, suggesting it would be possible to switch those funds to another game if I didn't care for BM66, as long as I agreed to forgo the m&g. I didn't care for the terms and have since moved on. I brought it up so that those with money down might be prompted to double check where they stand on the downpayment with their distributer.

#2721 3 years ago

For awhile the story was - refunds are available up until Expo.

Hi Jeff

I've done well over the years ignoring free advice and not doing what "They say". And if anything gets posted on Pinside I'm doubly suspicious and will verify on my own. Although I do enjoy getting my medical, legal and financial advice here along with what my opinions should be.

Yesterday I was on the phone with my Stern distributor concerning things and we discussed the following.

1. I'm in on both the Super LE and an LE. I can buy both or back out on both if I choose.
2. Right now, no deposit deadline has been established by Stern. It seems to be evolving along with other strategies.
3. I will be informed well in advance to make a decision on anything.
4. I told him the likely scenario is my dropping out of the Super and just going with the LE.

5. He's was too busy to have lunch with me.

***Edit/Add: I was responding to Jeff in general terms and not specifically to him

#2722 3 years ago

I predict that on Oct. 14th it will be Batman 66 top.

batman vs alien (resized).jpg

#2723 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I predict that on Oct. 14th it will be Batman 66 top.

Sorry but JJP and Pat are going to steal the show.

You are right tho, Batman and Alien will be fighting for 2nd place.

#2724 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's get the old gang together and cut a few new scenes at Expo. Julie is still hot. That would be "original".

Who is hot there now?

#2725 3 years ago

Only the SLE model is being sold directly by Stern. I was told this by two distributers, when I called around for prem / LE pricing. Both said if you don't like the game, you can easily sell it to next guy on the list and get your money back after they paid deposit. One offered to sell a machine w/o a ticket to m&G, suggesting it would be possible to switch those funds to another game if I didn't care for BM66, as long as I agreed to forgo the m&g. I didn't care for the terms and have since moved on. I brought it up so that those with money down might be prompted to double check where they stand on the downpayment with their distributer.

So your previous post is bunkus - please stop spreading these absolutes that are just wrong and just create confusion as people parrot these semi-truths and repeat them.

Your deposit refund-ability or not is a topic between you and your distributor when it comes to buying a Stern game.. including BM66 LE/Premiums.

#2726 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Doesn't it have to have the "bat signal"? Yes it does!

It will be available as an optional topper.
Only $599

Mini-Batman-BatSignal (resized).jpg

#2727 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So your previous post is bunkus - please stop spreading these absolutes that are just wrong and just create confusion as people parrot these semi-truths and repeat them.
Your deposit refund-ability or not is a topic between you and your distributor when it comes to buying a Stern game.. including BM66 LE/Premiums.

How is this bunkus, it's true? If you buy a premium or LE its from a distributor, not the manufacturer. You send deposit it is to the distributor. If you request a refund you -adhere to the policy of that distributor.

I have no idea of Sterns official stance on deposits towards BM66. I have yet to see Sterns stance on fixing ghosting playfields in writing either. The one offer to apply the deposit to another pin sounded a little home grown but was not an official Stern offer in writing, just the promise of the Distributor.
So pointing out that if you sent money to a distributor, you better know their specific policy towards a refund, because in some cases it is not refundable.

Ps - based on other deals gone wrong in the past, when someone will only return money after someone else buys your slot, there is a risk that it won't happen. This is different than returning merchandise at best buy, where they'll reverse your transaction and refund your money on the spot. There is no danger you are going to lose on that one.

#2728 3 years ago

It's all pretty simple.

If the game turns out to be a turd, and your distributor is giving you a hard time about the deposit, do a chargeback with your Credit Card.

Done.

#2729 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

We will see but stern has let us down so many times im not real sure anymore, especially for this amount of money and nothing to go on except what they have mentioned . One thing is for sure ....the people that spent this much money sight unseen sure will pump it up regardless if its really good or not.....hope it ends up being great then people can get a premium down the road with same gameplay.

I won't pump anything up if it doesn't live up to expectations

I've done very well with my Stern pins, love them, so maybe I'm a bit overconfident but there is good reason to be

#2730 3 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

It will be available as an optional topper.
Only $599

Woah... hey now... that's EXACTLY what I used for my batsignal mod (Post #1358 in this thread). You'z be takin' $590/ea worth of profit from my kids mouths!

PS - for anyone interested, buy the above batsignal from Amazon for like $8 (comes with a tiny credit card size comic book), and some Comet Matrix products. Take the batsignal and gut the backside (battery...etc) until the small LED falls and you can access the hole, through which the stock LED fits. I then bored that hole open with a drill until a regular Comet 555 LED fit. Then used the Matrix Products to tap into the light at my Start Gotham Mode, adhered the batsignal to the rear of my backbox and BOOM - Batsignal flashing on ceiling when you can start a mode. Total Cost = less than $20 and maybe an hour of your time.

#2731 3 years ago

Shush, don't you ruin this business opportunity for Stern!

#2732 3 years ago

For awhile the story was - refunds are available up until Expo. After the meet & greet, the funds are considered locked in. Unfortunately you don't get to see anything prior to the m&g. So if you paid a down payment, you have committed to buying a game prior to seeing it. If you wait to see it revealed, you can't get your money back. So you htiove to be a bit of a gambler, a fool, a madman or have deep pockets - to buy a prem or LE before expo. Do you feel lucky, Punk?

I did not sign any contract. As a precaution, I even put notation refunded if needed. LOVE THE SMACK TALK YOU GUYS !!!!

#2733 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

I dunno, with the relative height of the Riddler, it probably would have to be on the backglass if the arrangement the squares were teased from is used, otherwise it'd have to be too far back on the side to give Riddler the relative headroom needed.

Nicely done!

#2734 3 years ago

So pointing out that if you sent money to a distributor, you better know their specific policy towards a refund, because in some cases it is not refundable.
Ps - based on other deals gone wrong in the past, when someone will only return money after someone else buys your slot, there is a risk that it won't happen.

But that's not what you wrote.. Instead you wrote

After the meet & greet, the funds are considered locked in. Unfortunately you don't get to see anything prior to the m&g. So if you paid a down payment, you have committed to buying a game prior to seeing it. If you wait to see it revealed, you can't get your money back. So you have to be a bit of a gambler, a fool, a madman or have deep pockets - to buy a prem or LE before expo. Do you feel lucky, Punk?

Which makes the claims that
- deposits are 'locked in' after the party
- that you can't get your money back once you see the game
- that somehow the party, the reveal, seeing the game, and after the party are all somehow some instantaneous event.. because the deposits are locked in 'after the party', yet its revealed at the party, and you see it at the party.. but its locked in once you see it. None of it makes sense
- No references to this policy being one persons, or one distributor, but that this is THE policy and applies to all (hence the comments about being gamblers, fools, madman, etc)

And it didn't take but a post or two later for other people to take this as gospel and talk about how aweful this is, etc. It's not the rule of the land for all BM66 purchases or distributors. So please stop spreading this stuff.

#2735 3 years ago

batbomb (resized).jpg

bomb (resized).jpg

#2736 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm in on both the Super LE and an LE. I can buy both or back out on both if I choose.

I'd like to see your video and game application. Ah, heck with that, I'd rather see that stack of cash...

#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And it didn't take but a post or two later for other people to take this as gospel and talk about how aweful this is, etc. It's not the rule of the land for all BM66 purchases or distributors. So please stop spreading this stuff.

It is gospel. It happened to me !!! 100% of it.

We are not understanding each other. I tried to communicate what happened to me and suggested people with a deposit, to contact their distributor and confirm their own situation regarding the refund policy. An educated consumer, is a smart consumer. If I had purchased either of the two offered, those were the terms. Foolish me for asking two distributors these question and after receiving the same answer, ASSUMING it might be the same for other distributors? If anybody is being told this they can weigh in. Likewise if you hear different comment please. Otherwise, the thread can continue unravelling for three weeks until the big Expo reveal.

pm me flynnibus, if you want to continue discussing but let's take this off-line.

#2738 3 years ago

I think the speculation has gone off the rails. Wait, there were never any rails to begin with.
Most of the story on price, deposits and final payments depends on the buyers and distributors. Once Stern publishes the MSRP, the guesses about what did your distributor $ did you get, what promises did they make - are just that, guesses. Pinside isn't my source of truth, that's for sure.

#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd like to see your video and game application. Ah, heck with that, I'd rather see that stack of cash...

I got in before Stern went to the video application format.

#2740 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I got in before Stern went to the video application format.

I'm guessing you got in long before that.

#2741 3 years ago

Maybe someone will take a BTDK, reskin it to look just like a 66 super LE, bang in a colour dmd, and pinbrowser the crap out of the sounds to save themselves the price of a boob job?

#2742 3 years ago

I'm not clear on "if" BM66 will be at Expo... has that been confirmed?
(IMHO; a close 2nd place)

I heard JJP Pat Lawlor's #3 game will be there... anyone heard otherwise?
(IMHO; a Show Stopper 1st place winner! Yep, I voted that way)

#2743 3 years ago

Boob job is right...the only thing you can safely bet on is that it will underwhelm. Remember the talk about GOT"s Dragon being interactive and it would make Smaug look like a joke, how about TWD's floating head in a barn, Gene Simmons head on the pro spitting the balls out in Kiss or that deftly designed Slimer on GB?

#2744 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Boob job is right...the only thing you can safely bet on is that it will underwhelm. Remember the talk about GOT"s Dragon being interactive and it would make Smaug look like a joke, how about TWD's floating head in a barn, Gene Simmons head on the pro spitting the balls out in Kiss or that deftly designed Slimer on GB?

What about the transforming Transformer?

Or that ball holding Hulk, pot metal teseract, GOT orbit & ectogoggles with like 5 animations

#2745 3 years ago

Well, they did get randomly ghosting inserts figured out...

#2746 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Who could ever forget the "animatronic band" in AC/DC or the "star field projector" in ST? Oh the dreams we had before the actual reveal.

#2747 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Who could ever forget the "animatronic band" in AC/DC or the "star field projector" in ST? Oh the dreams we had before the actual reveal.

It really is funny how completely different our imagination and expectations are compared to reality.

The star field projector on ST was hyped in a huge way. There was no way that it was ever going to come close to matching the hype. So when it's revealed, it is mocked as a Disco Ball etc. But looking back on it, if you take away the hype, it is actually a fairly cool little feature that fits the theme well. Is it some great new ground breaking tech the likes of which we have never seen before? Not even close...but those were the unrealistic expectations.

#2748 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It really is funny how completely different our imagination and expectations are compared to reality.
The star field projector on ST was hyped in a huge way. There was no way that it was ever going to come close to matching the hype. So when it's revealed, it is mocked as a Disco Ball etc. But looking back on it, if you take away the hype, it is actually a fairly cool little feature that fits the theme well. Is it some great new ground breaking tech the likes of which we have never seen before? Not even close...but those were the unrealistic expectations.

Agreed, I liked the starfield projector for what it was. If it was a third party aftermarket mod it probably would've been a must have add on that people would've raved about.

#2749 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

if you take away the hype, it is actually a fairly cool little feature that fits the theme well.

I agree.

Even considering the unrealistic expectations, the "animatronic band" on the other hand is just lame, IMO.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised when a toy from Stern is anywhere close to what the pre-release information suggests. I think the Ecto Goggles is such a toy. Would be nice to see more animations but the ones that are there look good.

#2750 3 years ago

The time is coming...

Brad

batcomputer.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside