• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    46%
  • Eartha Kitt 49 votes
    13%

(375 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 142.
#2451 3 years ago

Iceman, now you're dreaming.

#2452 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking BM66 is gonna be like this

I hope your fantasies come true. I always thought the Jimmy Kimmel kids Christmas challenge was hilarious. Kids excited to open a present and then getting something they did not expect-priceless.

Batman 66 could end up being Sterns best pin ever

Fantasize.jpg

#2453 3 years ago

"I like Dreamin" Odin, and making BM66 mine!

#2454 3 years ago

Hmmmm, I.....have an idea!

SLE BM campaign. Record karaoke version of "I like Dreamin", in a Batman costume, surrounded by my current Stern pins?

And finish it off with the Bee Gees "Night Fever" remade to "Batman Fever", along with appropriate attire and dance moves.

Winner for sure, but happy with my LE, good tip for you applicants though.

#2455 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I hope your fantasies come true. I always thought the Jimmy Kimmel kids Christmas challenge was hilarious. Kids excited to open a present and then getting something they did not expect-priceless.
Batman 66 could end up being Sterns best pin ever
ยป YouTube video

That video might as well be called pinside!

#2456 3 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

What I don't understand is...why is there not more discussion about Yvonne Craig here?

batgirl 66 (resized).jpg

#2457 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Record karaoke version of ... the Bee Gees "Night Fever" remade to "Batman Fever", along with appropriate attire and dance moves.

Pac-Man Fever is a better lyrical fit but the dance moves are probably less well known.

#2458 3 years ago

Best part of that Kimmel video was the Packers jersey reaction!! Awesome die hard Bears fan kid!!!

#2459 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Space Jam Walked right into that one. Ok how about "cool as Ice"!

I would sell every pin I own to get an SLECAI.

NOT EVEN

Cool as Ice (resized).jpg

#2460 3 years ago

First villian art post from Stern's FB page:

1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg

#2461 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking BM66 is gonna be like this.

Or like this!

IMG_0951 (resized).PNG

IMG_0952 (resized).JPG

#2462 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'm glad they kept Caesar's mustache.

#2463 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Very nice!

Thats chris franchi's artwork. You can find him on facebook as metaluna 5.

He is the definitive artist for classic batman stuff. I was planning on using his stuff for the translite on my batman 66 retheme.

#2464 3 years ago

The art looks fantastic.

#2465 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I'm extremely happy with this--and I'm not typically an "art" guy. This makes me want it more.

#2466 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Wow, really beautiful. Love those extra smoky eyes on catwoman.

#2467 3 years ago

Very fitting artwork!

a710a9332af02479143e5b55573dc92deb820146.jpg

#2468 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Very nice!
Thats chris franchi's artwork. You can find him on facebook as metaluna 5.
He is the definitive artist for classic batman stuff. I was planning on using his stuff for the translite on my batman 66 retheme.

This is EXACTLY what I was wanting for this pin!! Nice to also see Burgess Meredith as he is missing on the slots.

#2469 3 years ago

The right artwork may make or break this game.....my opinion....

#2470 3 years ago

I like the guys, but think Catwoman could look better... Kinda "jowly" in that drawing

#2471 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Wow, really beautiful. Love those extra smoky eyes on catwoman.

I understand that Stern or whoever has gotten Burt Ward and Adam West to do voiceovers. There is plenty that could be pulled off the TV show that might fit but the next obvious question is, is there a chance that Julie Newmar could also contribute?

#2472 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

I like the guys, but think Catwoman could look better... Kinda "jowly" in that drawing

For once I have no complaints. Looking very nice.

#2473 3 years ago

See. The artwork alone is worth $14k out of the $15k

Nice one Kpg!

I love Cat momma

#2474 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Um Catwoman is the best thing about the art so far.

#2475 3 years ago

If you listened to the podcast the artwork is being done by 4 different artists. All hand drawn and nothing photoshopped about it.

Artwork will be great. Box checked and mic dropped

Next

#2476 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Would you kick a face like that out of bed?

I sure wouldnt

#2477 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you listened to the podcast the artwork is being done by 4 different artists. All hand drawn and nothing photoshopped about it.
Next

If Pablo Picasso, Jackson Pollock, Salvadore Dali and Andy Warhol had been asked to design one painting, it would look like crap. Even if every one of the artists involved is top notch. What you aspire to is one good artist using a single style throughout, not more than one. I don't see the value in mixing four artists into one stew.

So far the villan art is by one artist - and it looks great. Chances that three additional artists make the same caliper contribution is mixed.

#2478 3 years ago

I am so glad to see that Stern is continuing to work with fantastic artists moving forward! So glad they are working with Chris Franchi on the primary artwork for the game! Talk about the perfect artist to tackle this theme!

In regards to multiple artists contributing to the entire art package, I don't think there's anything to worry about. I'm sure Franchi's work will be the primary focus and other artist contributions will likely be on the cabinet, inserts, text treatments, apron, and all of the other ornamental elements that tie the theme together into a nice package. There's a ton of art direction and graphic design work that goes into these games beyond the character art.

Scott and I had no issues bringing our artistic styles together into a cohesive package on Domino's. It can be done successfully!

#2479 3 years ago

i always wondered what would happen on here when art was revealed for an anticipated game and it was stellar and basically invincible to criticism... i have my answer, crickets

pinsiders were typing more when there was literally nothing to type about

#2480 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

i always wondered what would happen on here when art was revealed for an anticipated game and it was stellar and basically invincible to criticism... i have my answer, crickets
pinsiders were typing more when there was literally nothing to type about

Agreed. It shut a lot of naysayers up.

#2481 3 years ago

If there are multiple artists working on BM66, then I wouldn't be surprised if the best artist (Franchi) was doing an exclusive package (playfield, cabinet, etc) just for the Super LE.

#2482 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What you aspire to is one good artist using a single style throughout, not more than one.

Whatever works, simply works.

Many games have more than one artist.

Think about great games like Future Spa. 2 totally different artists and styles, and together they made one of the best art packages ever.

#2483 3 years ago

Multiple artists on this title are going to make for an amazing package. Thinking about the 90's williams pins, even though most of them had the same artist doing the playfield and the backglass, they were most often very different styles - illustration work with heavy inkwork and colors meant for screen print for the playfields and then more traditional hand painted backglasses.

Bringing in Franchi and using his style of that true painterly feel for the backglass has the potential to be incredible. Couple that with someone who knows illustration inside and out for the playfield and we could have another balanced, harmonious, and high quality art package on our hands.

#2484 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Um Catwoman is the best thing about the art so far.

Cover the shaded part of her jaw line, and the part of her neck that makes no anatomical sense, with more lovely hair and I would agree.

Look at that part of the drawing... Not her face.

#2485 3 years ago

Looks nice!

I'm in! Throwing together my video as we speak.

There will be nudity.

#2486 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks nice!
I'm in! Throwing together my video as we speak.
There will be nudity.

Just not yours... we're hoping

#2487 3 years ago

Looks like they are using the same art that was used on the moebius model kits which looked great.

riddler (resized).jpg

16BMB06_Penguin-Kit (resized).jpg

12187659_1265556403459469_8220433128722136135_n (resized).jpg

13962765_1429706527044455_3264145142536269130_n (resized).jpg

#2488 3 years ago

Lets hope they don't do something stupid like only have this art on the SLE while the premium and LE buyers got the style of art that was on the flyer.

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

think Catwoman could look better... Kinda "jowly" in that drawing

There's a reason for that. Well, she is ahead in the poll. Knew it was rigged all along.

lee_meriwether_movie_catwoman (resized).jpg

#2490 3 years ago

Chris Franchi has also done Batgirl lets hope she makes it into the art package as well.

10887435_1054770074538104_6393226679752276547_o (resized).jpg

#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Chris Franchi has also done Batgirl lets hope she makes it into the art package as well.

I always loved Batgirl's metal sphincter.

#2492 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I always loved Batgirl's metal sphincter.

#2493 3 years ago

I've had this poster since I was little kid watching Batman on my TV that had rabbit ears (kids, ask your dad what that means).
I knew it was worth keeping!
So I got to thinking ....

This Super Limited Edition poster (well, I only have one - so it's Super Limited Edition to me) also includes a one-of-kind black frame from Wal-Mart plus multiple wrinkles, a unique included hanger system (nail) and accessories package (windex and paper towels for future cleaning), and does NOT include any sort of high-fidelity 3-channel audio system (it's a poster).

My Super Limited Edition poster will be allocated (sold) by invitation and through an application process open to pinball collectors. Collectors can apply for my Super Limited Edition poster by completing and submitting an application. Or you could probably just go to Amazon

My price of $1,966 for this poster, which is a little higher than I've sold old posters for in the past, but in celebration of the 50 year anniversary of the TV series - prices are what prices are these days

IMG_7065 (resized).JPG

IMG_7052 (resized).JPG

#2494 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Very fitting artwork!

indeed. What's folded and square and weighs nothing? Your wallet after buying this game......

#2495 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Next

So the art is exact copies of the model kits. Maybe cleaned up a bit. or colors corrected.
Not to rain on your parade but that's Photoshop.

It's still awesome. But it's still photoshop.
Or at least Adobe creative.

#2496 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

So the art is exact copies of the model kits. Maybe cleaned up a bit. or colors corrected.
It's still awesome. But it's still photoshop.

Yeah I didn't want to say anything. I'm glad the people interested are happy. Personally I expected brand new hand drawn art.

#2497 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks like they are using the same art that was used on the moebius model kits which looked great.

So it was photoshopped. Super Limited Style!

#2498 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

indeed. What's folded and square and weighs nothing? Your wallet after buying this game......

Spooky just went past your $6k limit

The mic has already been dropped on the art sorry!

My wallet is feeling better

Out on RZ, not doing JJP #3, maybe out on AlienLe, and no Star Wars

Plenty to keep me busy for awhile!

#2499 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

So it was photoshopped. Super Limited Style!

Of course it is going to look photoshopped. This is Stern and they are going to rely on already drawn assets. Four artists trying to drawing the same photoshopped images. Sounds like the recipe for a turd pie. I can see two different artists sharing the role, but more than that and you are not getting a superior result.

To pivot - How many corporate logo's you think will be plastered on this thing?

a) < 15
b) = 15
c) > 15

my vote is b)

#2500 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Why does everyone keep crapping on Photoshop?

Don't they realize its just a tool to manipulate existing artwork which could be hand drawn or photographic?

Do people realize that the Ghotbusters art on the pinball machine was probably composited and edited using photoshop (or equivalent digital editing software).

Photoshop is a tool and like any tool it can be used with amazing results or horrible results depending on the skills of the user.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside