By GAP

1 year ago

Stats

• 7,058 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 89 of 142.
#4401 1 year ago

In person the SLE is pretty stunning. The cabinet foil artwork stands out nicely, along with metallic powdercoat. Stern's new LCD system is nicely done and folds down perfectly seperate from Backglass. Topper is nice addition too. No way is spend 15k on it or even 10k on LE but game looked good.

#4402 1 year ago

Game will look great with a red silicone rubber kit on it.

#4403 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did you play that GOT slot? How cool is that one!

I was at Borgata last week. They had two of the double curved screen Walking Dead and about 8 of the double curved screen GOT next to each other in a row. The Walking Dead were being played just about all the time. The GOT slots were empty quite a bit. The TWD slot had more going on with the sound effects and graphics. It made me want to go and start watching the TWD series from season 1.

disclaimer, not my video:
» YouTube video

#4404 1 year ago

The main addition is the rotating disk in the back (tv screen, spinner base,ball lock ...)
Seems to be an 8 ball game!

#4405 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

They said they were giving more than normal for LE, and that would count.

I heard it was they were "getting" more than normal for the LE.

#4406 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

In for LE, staying for LE. The LCD is pretty significant, and I'm happy the regular LE gets the topper. They said they were giving more than normal for LE, and that would count.

Ditto for me....and can tell you from standing in front of all 3, the LE is a very sweet package...definitely stands out over the premium. Believe Gomez referenced the " 120 episodes and 120 bat toys" that will distinguish the units. Also said there would be some " reference in some way" tying in voice clips or animation stuff that was unique to your model....I was still sleepy, and he was talking fast....

This really did have an LE feel to it that I liked, appearance wise.....can't wait to get more time around it at the meet and greet tomorrow...

#4407 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not really. I'm getting an LE. Only 240
Now, your point about premium value is valid
That said, the secondary market will dictate how well this does, agreed ?
What is an LE versus a premium on any pin? For many of the same reasons I'll take my GBLE over the premium all day because I like it better!!

Of the 240 (120 episode /120 gadget versions ) essentially each LE is a 1of 1, I'm guessing it's completely random what version a person ends up with?

#4408 1 year ago

When does JJP 3 reveal?

#4409 1 year ago

JJP3 revealed at 8pm. Multiple games covered up in the seminar room ... At least 4 which I assume are JjP#3

#4410 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's new(ish)
Seriously, between the physical changes, the tone of the music & callouts, and whatever Lyman's cooking up with the code - it's going to feel 100% new.

Nice to see you admit I was right about this one.

#4411 1 year ago

5 ball trough and 3 in the lock?

8 ball MB?

#4412 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

When does JJP 3 reveal?

Hi Rai, there is a JJP thread for that info, just saying

#4413 1 year ago

Can't wait to play this game. I know a few lucky people who are in on it. Looks great. Glad they didn't go any bigger on the LCD.

#4414 1 year ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Still, for the prices I was expecting to get my dick knocked in the dirt!!

E!!!

#4415 1 year ago

LE looks pretty cool. Might have to get one.

#4416 1 year ago

Things on SLE we haven't seen on previous stern games...

pinstriping on armor
lit speaker panel
speaker panel inserts and extras
color LCD (obviously)
LCD toy on PF
brand-name coxial speakers in headbox and sub
topper probably included?
Certainly the best action topper from stern yet
hinged speaker panel (presumably the new standard)

Obviously the majority of the cost delta to the SLE is supposed to be about the anniversary..

The LE being '1 of 1' (even if not a huge delta) is a neat concept for Stern. I wonder if it will be admired or hated...

#4417 1 year ago

So I think the consensus is it looks really cool, Stern can't spell and it costs a lot. Anyone have a chance to play it yet? Looks very similar to the BDK layout, does it play different?

#4419 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Autozone called, your high end (lol) Jensen amplifiers are on back order

#4420 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

5 ball trough and 3 in the lock?
8 ball MB?

Is that a Kaneda Pinball Trough???

#4421 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's new(ish)
Seriously, between the physical changes, the tone of the music & callouts, and whatever Lyman's cooking up with the code - it's going to feel 100% new.

It better, because BDK felt stale on release.

#4422 1 year ago

This room's sure quieting down . And in the other room nobody's got the balls to go rip the covers off one of those other machines.

It's going to be a long afternoon....

#4423 1 year ago

LCD toy on playfield is not new for stern...WWE anyone??

#4424 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Things on SLE we haven't seen on previous stern games...
pinstriping on armor
lit speaker panel
speaker panel inserts and extras
color LCD (obviously)
LCD toy on PF
brand-name coxial speakers in headbox and sub
topper probably included?
Certainly the best action topper from stern yet
hinged speaker panel (presumably the new standard)
Obviously the majority of the cost delta to the SLE is supposed to be about the anniversary..
The LE being '1 of 1' (even if not a huge delta) is a neat concept for Stern. I wonder if it will be admired or hated...

Not really. STLE has a lit and upgraded speaker panel. Wrestlemania has an LCD toy on the playfield. POTO had a coaxial speaker system 25 years ago. Every other pin company is already using a color LCD display, which Spooky managed to do for $6000. It's nice to see Stern get on board finally. It looks like a nice pin, but the cost is out of line.

#4425 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

one for the "You ooze, you loose" file....
"Villain" ain't spelled right on the TV.

They loost.

#4426 1 year ago

prototypes will put the Super le count over 80.. gary lies!

#4427 1 year ago

Stern wont bring the game to expo or leave it out long if they do

Too risky

If it starts ghosting @ expo they're toast

#4428 1 year ago

15000 for this?

#4429 1 year ago

What's the word on the better audio? Is it just a different speaker package? Disappointed if that's all...

#4430 1 year ago

JJPs LCD and graphics interface from WOZ in 2012 looks more advanced then this. Sure, its color- but wow, you have to admit JJP beat them 4+ years ago to the market with an LCD and it is still more advanced then Stern's offering here.

#4431 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

JJPs LCD and graphics interface from WOZ in 2012 looks more advanced then this. Sure, its color- but wow, you have to admit JJP beat them 4+ years ago to the market with an LCD and it is still more advanced then Stern'a offering here.

Just from watching video, it looks better than Spooky's but worse than JJP. I never really studied DP's or Heighway's display.

#4432 1 year ago

I think it looks absolutely killer. I am a huge fan of the theme...pondering selling my IMVE or IJ to help fund one...

#4433 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Stern wont bring the game to expo or leave it out long if they do
Too risky
If it starts ghosting @ expo they're toast

ghosting will be a unique feature every pin will be unique like a snow flake.

#4434 1 year ago

Re; Batman 66 slot - I watched a guy winning on that machine for twenty minutes (mostly he was getting free spin credits and then minor jackpots) when it finally wrapped up He had $435 (penny slot payout) so while I loved the slot I wasn't impressed with what he got.

But I loved the theme and seeing that Stern announced this as a pinball I was highly interested. It's a shame about the pricing but I will say, I think the LE is the best option here. (Of course that assumes that you can get the tooper later as a add on or that someone doesn't create an amazing custom art package for this)

Personally I'm not sure I'm feeling the batmobile artwork on the sides of the SLE. And I'm still scratching my head as to what made it 5k more? (Pinstriping?)

But perhaps I didn't catch the difference yet, that being said, I still love the theme and think this is gonna be a fun one to play.

Mighty tempted to buy the LE (though part of me wants to see how it plays before forking over that kinda cash, am I alone in that?)

#4435 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Not really. STLE has a lit and upgraded speaker panel. Wrestlemania has an LCD toy on the playfield. POTO had a coaxial speaker system 25 years ago. Every other pin company is already using a color LCD display, which Spooky managed to do for $6000. It's nice to see Stern get on board finally. It looks like a nice pin, but the cost is out of line.

True.. forgot about STLE and WWE. DE's stereo effort is kind of off the table given I was referring to the stern portfolio. Inspired by the comment 'GB has more..'. From **sterns** offering this has some interesting offers. Yes other vendors have done some of these before.. but when comparing stern to stern.. best to compare to stern

#4436 1 year ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I think it looks absolutely killer. I am a huge fan of the theme...pondering selling my IMVE or IJ to help fund one...

You'd need to sell both to cover a LE. Losing two highly fun, fully developed games for one unknown pin is not something to consider lightly my friend. BM66 is new and looks nice but the $6M question is what does it play like? Are rules, dots & sound important to you -> if so, why not wait until game is done before jumping in?

The past ten years on Pinside I've read countless threads from people complaining about pre-ordering, incomplete code and high prices from Stern. This game is the trifecta of goodness and one adage is - fools rush in where angels fear to tread. It is exciting to say you bought the game, but after you pay and bring the game is home, you have a little honeymoon period. When the new smell wears off, you have to contend with whether you made a good choice. If you wait a little while to see how things shake out, you may save yourself some heartache. With that said, you could still push ahead and blindly hope for the best. I am 100% hoping to find a BM66 to play on location and I've started looking for friends with deep pockets.

#4437 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

JJPs LCD and graphics interface from WOZ in 2012 looks more advanced then this. Sure, its color- but wow, you have to admit JJP beat them 4+ years ago to the market with an LCD and it is still more advanced then Stern'a offering here.

"the game is under the glass..."

I know you gotta stick with the art direction of the film content.. but some of the small, plain text like the score recap really stood out as too bland.

#4438 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

What's the word on the better audio? Is it just a different speaker package?

download (resized).jpg

#4439 1 year ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

LCD toy on playfield is not new for stern...WWE anyone??

Don't forget Ghostbusters' Ecto Goggles. They are a small LCD too.

But Batman is the first with two LCD screens from Stern.

#4440 1 year ago

There's $1400 price difference between Premium and LE. Do you think you could get powder coated armor, topper, and the non interactive toys for less. Stern sells on their site toppers for $500, custom armor for $250, and inner side art for $80.

#4441 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

JJP3 revealed at 8pm. Multiple games covered up in the seminar room ... At least 4 which I assume are JjP#3

20161013_160430 (resized).jpg

#4442 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You'd may need to sell both to afford a LE.

Thinking I'd go Premium...but yeah, would need to sell more than one of those machines obviously.

#4443 1 year ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

That third game from the end reminds me of a safecracker. Kind of looks like there are doors on the back box.

#4444 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

ghosting will be a unique feature every pin will be unique like a snow flake.

What a coincidence. That seems to be my nickname for some reason.

Sometimes, depending on the neighborhood, people yell "snowflake" at me when I get out of my car.

Those fellas are such jokers.

#4445 1 year ago
Quoted from clg:

So I think the consensus is it looks really cool, Stern can't spell and it costs a lot. Anyone have a chance to play it yet? Looks very similar to the BDK layout, does it play different?

Spelling mistakes will be fixed on production models.

#4446 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That third game from the end reminds me of a safecracker. Kind of looks like there are doors on the back box.

No beacon light, banzai maybe?

#4447 1 year ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Spelling mistakes will be fixed on production models.

Tell that to the early GB pro owners

#4448 1 year ago

is it me or that ''BAT GADGET SELECTOR'' sticker/plate on the lockdown bar, on the right looks out of place?

#4449 1 year ago

Sorry in advance ... I have not read the past 2600 posts, but thought you might be interested in my video of the description of the Batman SE on the Stern Factory Tour Today ... in case this has not been covered.
» YouTube video

#4450 1 year ago

Thought this was interesting in the Pinball News report:
"Unfortunately, because we had the temerity to question the $15,000 price tag for the new Batman 66 game, Pinball News was banned from the Stern factory. "

There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 89 of 142.

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 272 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside