PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 142.
#3001 7 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Invite him along to Pincade!

Of course!

Everyone is welcome at Pincade!

rd

#3002 7 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

It was early 80's but tied up for years in legal battles before publicly available again in the 90's for viewing. I was a kid and my Dad pirated on the Sony Beta so I grew up watching it often. Oh the memories but for anyone that hasn't seen it? See it. It doesn't feel dated to this day and YES to a pin for that theme.

Now that's some good nyborg!!!

#3003 7 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

It doesn't feel dated to this day and YES to a pin for that theme.

The reason why it doesn't feel dated and would make an awesome pin is due to the awesome soundtrack.

#3004 7 years ago

Oh, and of course the awesome art that you can work with too.

#3005 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, to be fair...6 targets in a row on the left IS pretty uninspired and a direct copy of BDK when it was said only the right side was mostly copied. Now it seems the lower half of the left is too. *shrug*

it's true. while we barely have anything to go off of so far, i am also left shrugging. A stark contrast to the confidence I had based on the combination of Gomez statements and the flyer verbiage.

Still- we barely have anything to go off and if the changes are indeed more small than moderate... well they can add up to a big difference overall when cohesive pkg comes together. Now we Continue our boring wait and see for 16 more days and fill it with bat woman discussion and gouging exchange rate stuff to pass the time

#3006 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

it's true. while we barely have anything to go off of so far, i am also left shrugging. A stark contrast to the confidence I had based on the combination of Gomez statements and the flyer verbiage.
Still- we barely have anything to go off and if the changes are indeed more small than moderate... well they can add up to a big difference overall when cohesive pkg comes together. Now we Continue our boring wait and see for 16 more days and fill it with bat woman discussion and gouging exchange rate stuff to pass the time

Well, why do you think they have chosen to collect non-refundable deposits and not show the product first? Seems kind of strange, no?

I think the next phase of discussion here is going to be how many are disappointed it's pretty much a re-theme with only a couple layout changes and LCD's once it's revealed, and now those who are no longer interested in a re-theme product now need to sell their spots on Pinside because they cannot get their deposit refunded. Win/Win for Stern.

#3007 7 years ago

batman west 2 (resized).JPGbatman west 2 (resized).JPG

#3008 7 years ago

For those bat-fans who arent going to the adam west meet and greet at expo you can meet him at the stan lee los angles comicon at the end of october. Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newmar, and Lee Meriweather will all be there. Not sure how often all of them are together at a single event.

http://www.stanleeslacomiccon.com/guests/guests-of-honor

#3009 7 years ago

Holy brain freeze.....the prior post mentions Julie Newmar. Why was she not included in the poll at the top of this thread as one of the hottest Catwoman?
Surely she would be a candidate?

Capture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG

Capture3 (resized).JPGCapture3 (resized).JPG

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#3010 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

A stark contrast to the confidence I had based on the combination of Gomez statements and the flyer verbiage.

So maybe everyone at Stern is lying about the game, Gomez really hasn't seen it and doesn't know what he's talking about!

I'll stick with the facts and the statements from them until the reveal. It's not like they can hide from a comparison to prior Batman right?

And lord knows, it will be picked apart and disected down to a quarter inch scale.

#3011 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So maybe everyone at Stern is lying about the game, Gomez really hasn't seen it and doesn't know what he's talking about!
I'll stick with the facts and the statements from them until the reveal. It's not like they can hide from a comparison to prior Batman right?
And lord knows, it will be picked apart and disected down to a quarter inch scale.

quarter inch!? we wish, this game, and these times-- it'll be picked apart atomically with a microscope!

Like I typed, I'm still reserving judgment and waiting for final package which I remain very confident in. Just a shrug along the way at the small detail recently revealed. No biggy. Julie Newmar is hot.

#3012 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

16 more days and fill it with bat woman discussion and gouging exchange rate stuff to pass the time

It's batgirl not bat woman. Where have you been?
Since you asked here is a batgirl picture.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3013 7 years ago

My Dealer hasn't asked if i wanted a Shaker motor for just a couple Hundred more yet! Maybe thats not in the mix this time??

#3014 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

My Dealer hasn't asked if i wanted a Shaker motor for just a couple Hundred more yet! Maybe thats not in the mix this time??

I don't think they can raise the LE price and not throw in the shaker. GBLE had a shaker as well.

I can't wait till the curtain is pulled back.

#3015 7 years ago

For the record, I in love with Julie Neymar

The LCD clips she is in might be worth full price of the pin

#3016 7 years ago

Thank you frolic,that makes sense!! I can't wait as well,this better be good!!

#3017 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

For the record, I in love with Julie Newmar

Lovely lady isn't she?

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#3018 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't think they can raise the LE price and not throw in the shaker. GBLE had a shaker as well.
I can't wait till the curtain is pulled back.

Did you get an LE?

#3019 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

REALLY hoping shaker is included on LE for that price.

#3020 7 years ago

Premium shaker option- $200

LE shaker option- $500

SuperLE shaker option- $1000

#3021 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Premium shaker option- $200
LE shaker option- $500
SuperLE shaker option- $1000

Sounds about right

#3023 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

REALLY hoping shaker is included on LE for that price.

Ahhh, a few years back I picked up a HUO Apollo 13, which had a shaker, a topper, 13 ball multiball, a rocket, a rotating moon with a magnet....$800!!!! Now that gets you a shaker and a topper lol ... Ah, the good old days.

#3024 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ahhh, a few years back I picked up a HUO Apollo 13, which had a shaker, a topper, 13 ball multiball, a rocket, a rotating moon with a magnet....$800!!!! Now that gets you a shaker and a topper lol ... Ah, the good old days.

You lie more than Hillary.

#3025 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

Sorry not sure if you could hear me, my mic was tampered with.

And we've all gotten good deals if we've been around long enough, there are plenty of threads about them.

#3027 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Not to sidetrack, but does anybody know whether Ryan Adams and Slash have Pinside accounts? I would not be surprised if Ryan has one since he seems very active with pinball.

Sold Ryan my XMLE a while back.

#3028 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

It's batgirl not bat woman. Where have you been?
Since you asked here is a batgirl picture.

Catwoman.......
Batgirl.........

#3029 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Rarehero and I go back to RGP days. Two things I know. He does not lie and its often his taillights you will see when pulling up to buy a game. CrazyLevi also.

My guess is anybody with five years or less in this hobby would shit if they knew about some of our deals.

#3030 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My guess is anybody with five years or less in this hobby would shit if they knew about some of our deals

lol. Been playing pinball for 44 years now, but got my first pin only 5 years ago. I know exactly what I missed...

#3031 7 years ago

Not going to skim the entire thread but from what I've seen of the cabinet that American Pinball has shown and where they mounted the 15" or so display, is this an indication of the direction that Stern is headed?

IOW, the display low, the pitch of the glass appears to be a bit steeper and there appears to a bit more "headroom" for toys on the playfield.

BTW, I agree, Julie Newmar would dominate the poll.

#3032 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Rarehero and I go back to RGP days. Two things I know. He does not lie and its often his taillights you will see when pulling up to buy a game. CrazyLevi also.

Thanks, buddy!

Quoted from Mr68:

My guess is anybody with five years or less in this hobby would shit if they knew about some of our deals.

It used to be so fun to find "cheap" games non-stop! It was so plentiful, we all passed up on deals all the time back then - cuz it was just a given that they'd be around. I remember Super Auctions' final Fullerton auction...there were a few $400 Dr. Whos, $700 Whitewater, $400 Roadshow, $1500 GnR, etc....and I didn't get anything! Still, I did alright with great finds like a $500 LOTR and tons of other less-than-$1k DMD games. Pinball Molly beat my $500 LOTR though, she got one FREE in a dumpster!!!

#3033 7 years ago

Yup! Never paid more than $700 for a T2....

#3034 7 years ago

<blockquote cite="#
BTW, I agree, Julie Newmar would dominate the poll.

I bet she would.......

#3035 7 years ago

I bet you walked uphill both ways without shoes on in 10 feet of snow to buy them too.

#3036 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now that's some good nyborg!!!

Just got a blacklight Dirty Donney print. Check out who's flying the spaceship! DD must be a fan. With him doing the art on a Heavy Metal pin it would be incredible!

IMG_20160928_145839184 (resized).jpgIMG_20160928_145839184 (resized).jpg

#3037 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks, buddy!

It used to be so fun to find "cheap" games non-stop! It was so plentiful, we all passed up on deals all the time back then - cuz it was just a given that they'd be around. I remember Super Auctions' final Fullerton auction...there were a few $400 Dr. Whos, $700 Whitewater, $400 Roadshow, $1500 GnR, etc....and I didn't get anything! Still, I did alright with great finds like a $500 LOTR and tons of other less-than-$1k DMD games. Pinball Molly beat my $500 LOTR though, she got one FREE in a dumpster!!!

Those aren't THAT great deals man.. let's be honest.

What is an awesome deal, but not many will have the chance - is to be one of the lucky and fortunate few to be to spend only $15,000 for a one of a kind, once of a lifetime machine.. a Batman 66 SLE machine! Now that would be a deal if you were approved and accepted to buy it from Stern.

#3038 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can I still say that Dave Mathews band is annoying and sucks? Dave doesn't post here, does he?

Dave's not here man come back later

yk6z2 (resized).jpgyk6z2 (resized).jpg

#3039 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Those aren't THAT great deals man.. let's be honest.
What is an awesome deal, but not many will have the chance - is to be one of the lucky and fortunate few to be to spend only $15,000 for a one of a kind, once of a lifetime machine.. a Batman 66 SLE machine! Now that would be a deal if you were approved and accepted to buy it from Stern.

I'm loving that you can't let this go!

#3040 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I wonder if everyone has now just let it go and is like, screw it, i'm all good with $15K pinball machines now.. its been a couple weeks, let me bust out my credit card and charge it. Based on the flyer and conversation here, must be awesome!

#3041 7 years ago

RePlay magazine's weekly email update of whats going on in the operator industry, just referred to BM66 as "out of the vault"

IMG_3316 (resized).PNGIMG_3316 (resized).PNG

#3042 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Why should he, or anyone else for that matter, just let this go?

It's freaking insanity and should be (perhaps repeatedly) called out as such (in my opinion).

#3043 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's freaking insanity and should be (perhaps repeatedly) called out as such (in my opinion).

That's this forum in a nutshell. Already people are trying to shout down the Jpop critics, just like the first time. History showed who was right on that one.

#3044 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hey, I think its great to obsess over people! I mean things. Obsess over things!

#3045 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's this forum in a nutshell. Already people are trying to shout down the Jpop critics, just like the first time. History showed who was right on that one.

LOL. It's not JPOP, it's AP. It's not black and white either. Frankly I see the JPOP critics and haters dominating most threads here. And most of it is the same small group.

You are tied in with another manufacturer and consistently post negative comments towards competitors. Such actions are toxic. It's like water off a duck's back with conflict of interest and what should be basic deference towards your manufacturer and his reputation. I'm sure Andrew loves being associated with you.

#3046 7 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Just got a blacklight Dirty Donney print. Check out who's flying the spaceship! DD must be a fan. With him doing the art on a Heavy Metal pin it would be incredible!

You sir deserve a +1000 upvote. If Stern ever makes a Heavy Metal pin with DD artwork,Tarna prominantly displayed and all those cool music tracks, I'd be so in to getting a 15k SLE. I'd even submit a video of me shaving my head bald, wearing a monk outfit and worshipping a Gary Stern Bobble head.

#3047 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

You sir deserve a +1000 upvote. If Stern ever makes a Heavy Metal pin with DD artwork,Tarna prominantly displayed and all those cool music tracks, I'd be so in to getting a 15k SLE. I'd even submit a video of me shaving my head bald, wearing a monk outfit and worshipping a Gary Stern Bobble head.

Ha! I'd have to agree. Although ever since my divorce, I'd have to settle for a pro

#3048 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Frankly I see the JPOP critics and haters dominating most threads here.

Well, wouldn't that be statistically highly likely, given that the group of people making up his supporters in the entire world numbers maybe two or three?

#3049 7 years ago

b a t m a n

#3050 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Well, wouldn't that be statistically highly likely, given that the group of people making up his supporters in the entire world numbers maybe two or three?

LOL. The world is not black or white. You'd think the Houdini thread alone would have blown that mindset out of the water, but I guess not.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.