By GAP

1 year ago

Stats

• 7,058 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 67 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 117 of 142.
#5801 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Without seeing even a second of gameplay? That's effing ridiculous. Man, we're just a dumb wallet now to these companies, open up.

I don't think that the majority of people who are in the market for this $15k pin really care all that much about seeing a game play video.

They are buying it as a collectors item, top of the line, 80 of a kind, with a theme that truly appeals to them. They know exactly what it looks like, and we know that the layout is based on BDK. Combine that with the fact that Lyman is doing code, I don't think seeing a game play video is going to make or break many sales on the SLE.

I'm going to get a Premium and definitely want to see game play videos first, but even then, I really doubt that it is going to have a huge impact on whether I proceed with an order.

#5802 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't think that the majority of people who are in the market for this $15k pin really care all that much about seeing a game play video.
They are buying it as a collectors item, top of the line, 80 of a kind, with a theme that truly appeals to them. They know exactly what it looks like, and we know that the layout is based on BDK. Combine that with the fact that Lyman is doing code, I don't think seeing a game play video is going to make or break many sales on the SLE.
I'm going to get a Premium and definitely want to see game play videos first, but even then, I really doubt that it is going to have a huge impact on whether I proceed with an order.

Tend to agree... I'm in on the LE, and rather them spend the time getting the game right ( flipping , code, etc.), as opposed to promising/ promoting stuff. They're all ( supposedly) gone anyway, and I'm not bailing unless after receipt, it sucks ( which seems unlikely)

#5803 1 year ago

Happy Turkey Day my fellow Batman fans

batman-turkey-3 (resized).jpg

#5804 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Tend to agree... I'm in on the LE, and rather them spend the time getting the game right ( flipping , code, etc.), as opposed to promising/ promoting stuff. They're all ( supposedly) gone anyway, and I'm not bailing unless after receipt, it sucks ( which seems unlikely)

Same here. I doubt game play will change my mind given that Lyman is on the code, my love of the theme, and how much I like what I've seen thus far.

#5805 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If Stern blows their 30th anniversary pin, first LCD, with Lyman on the code, great theme, and based on what I've already seen......

I'll be shocked, they won't.

#5806 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Stern blows their 30th anniversary pin, first LCD, with Lyman on the code, great theme, and based on what I've already seen......
I'll be shocked, they won't.

Just got my " Batman 66 Complete TV series set on blu ray today" Awesome with Bourbon ( currently doing Stagg, 140proof, gets the job done).....happy thanksgiving, bat bros!!!

#5807 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just got my " Batman 66 Complete TV series set on blu ray today" Awesome with Bourbon ( currently doing Stagg, 140proof, gets the job done).....happy thanksgiving, bat bros!!!

ahhh man... i need to get my hands on that.

#5808 1 year ago

Technically, ""Batman, complete TV series" I added the "66" part...sue me...

IMG_1366 (resized).JPG

#5809 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Technically, ""Batman, complete TV series" I added the "66" part...sue me...

where's Robin's hand ?

#5810 1 year ago
Quoted from labnip:

where's Robin's hand ?

I haven't watched them yet.....will report my findings......

#5811 1 year ago

Brighter pic....appears he's going for a reach around....let's hope not!!!

IMG_1367 (resized).JPG

#5812 1 year ago
Quoted from labnip:

ahhh man... i need to get my hands on that.

Bestbuy has Batman the complete series bluray set on sale for $50 this week. 13 discs, all 120 episodes, fantastic A/V quality, and some nice special features.

#5813 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Bestbuy has Batman the complete series bluray set on sale for $50 this week. 13 discs, all 120 episodes, fantastic A/V quality, and some nice special features.

$50 on Amazon too. Ordered it Monday, got it Tuesday! Prime rules!

#5814 1 year ago

Cram course in Batman. I like it.

#5815 1 year ago

I wonder what would happen if Stern releases a 4th edition of the pin well after sales have begun to give the license another boost.

Similar to releasing premium versions of games otherwise not supposed to, or something more exclusive like a luci. Or even better yet, just a color change like jjp and their hobbit black arrow edition.

Just curious how people will feel considering all the negativity that has brewed prior to the game even existing.

#5816 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

$50 on Amazon too. Ordered it Monday, got it Tuesday! Prime rules!

Got mine at movie web for $37.00 delivered. Watched 8 episodes so far. It's so corny but brings back great childhood memories.

#5817 1 year ago
Quoted from bushz:

It's so corny but brings back great childhood memories.

That's what I'm counting on

Quoted from Meegis:

I wonder what would happen if Stern releases a 4th edition of the pin well after sales have begun to give the license another boost.
Similar to releasing premium versions of games otherwise not supposed to, or something more exclusive like a luci. Or even better yet, just a color change like jjp and their hobbit black arrow edition.
Just curious how people will feel considering all the negativity that has brewed prior to the game even existing.

Not happening..

#5818 1 year ago

There's also a big 256 page hardcover book coming out next week all about the 66 batman show. Looks like it will have a lot of good stuff in it. If you use the code "holidaybook" at amazon you get an extra $10 off.

amazon.com link »

bman1 (resized).png

bman2 (resized).png

bman3 (resized).png

bman4 (resized).png

bman5 (resized).png

#5819 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's what I'm counting on

Not happening..

With the shenanigans being pulled lately, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it did.

#5820 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

There's also a big 256 page hardcover book coming out next week all about the 66 batman show. Looks like it will have a lot of good stuff in it. If you use the code "holidaybook" at amazon you get an extra $10 off.
amazon.com link »

Had this book preordered for what seems eternity. Can't wait to finally get it!

#5821 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

as I wanted to pay up for an LE, for 9k all I wanted was a simple "yes" or "no" instead its total silence

If you had ponied up another 5k you could have had the SLE (Silence, Limited Edition)

#5822 1 year ago
Quoted from bushz:

Got mine at movie web for $37.00 delivered. Watched 8 episodes so far. It's so corny but brings back great childhood memories.

Had time to watch 5 weeks worth ( 10 episodes) tonight....just great memories and fun!!!. Stern naming the LE's after the episode or batgadgets was genius. Watching them climb the bat rope straight " up" the side of buildings (obviously just a camera trick) still cracks me up, big time time!!! All the stuff campy fun, but was surprised how vivid the color was ( guessing they enhanced the blue ray version)....good stuff!!!

This is going to be a fun pin!!!

#5823 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Think all the negativity focused around the price, mainly. Game does exist, and Stern not a startup, so it's being made, with some heavy hitters driving.

I feel fine, but thanks for all your concern for " us" ( guess this means you're not getting one)?

#5824 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think all the negativity focused around the price, mainly. Game does exist, and Stern not a startup, so it's being made, with some heavy hitters driving.
I feel fine, but thanks for all your concern for " us" ( guess this means you're not getting one)?

Agreed. I am in on an LE and have no doubt that this will be a great game. They will get this one right.

#5825 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

All the stuff campy fun, but was surprised how vivid the color was ( guessing they enhanced the blue ray version)....good stuff!!!

I don't think it's enhanced - it's just a good transfer from the original film negatives. We grew up watching NTSC broadcast tapes - now it looks like it was meant to. STTNG is the same way - the Blu-Rays look incredible!

#5826 1 year ago

I understand you old farts and the nostalgia factor, but was this Batman TV show even any good?

I remember flipping past the daytime re-runs and thinking that Batman looked a little bit, how you would say, "light in the loafers" and that a strong breeze would probably knock him over.

#5827 1 year ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I understand you old farts and the nostalgia factor, but was this Batman TV show even any good?
I remember flipping past the daytime re-runs and thinking that Batman looked a little bit, how you would say, "light in the loafers" and that a strong breeze would probably knock him over.

The show constantly made fun of itself.

#5828 1 year ago

Been a while since I checked this thread.. has Stern released gameplay video yet for this thing?

#5829 1 year ago

no and latest rumour is that none of the machines are going to ship until after christmas!

#5830 1 year ago

I understand you old farts and the nostalgia factor, but was this Batman TV show even any good

Hey! Who are you calling old? I'm only 30

#5831 1 year ago

but was this Batman TV show even any good?

Not really, but then again I loved that 60's Spiderman cartoon so much growing up in the 80's, if the VE had been based on that cartoon I would have to have it. All you old timers are damn lucky to be getting a theme like this, enjoy.
» YouTube video

#5832 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I am not.

But you take my sentiment the wrong way. The game obviously exists in cabinet form, but so far (to our knowledge) isn't flippable. This doesn't mean it never will, I was just contrasting the negativity (more than just price) with the fact that Stern holds all the cards on this one.

People bending over backwards for something still not 100% tangible.

My opinion is mine to have, and I'm not concerned for anyone really. If the game comes out and is fantastic, than that's awesome. I was just speculating and asking how people would feel if Stern altered the lineup with more options. As it has already happened once with this game (30 sle vs 80) and has happened on other games made by them and other manufacturers.

You don't need to get your panties in a bunch because I said something you weren't fond of.

#5833 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

no and latest rumour is that none of the machines are going to ship until after christmas!

Where is that rumor coming from? Definitely not looking good though for a Dec delivery at this point.

The Johns Arcade Stern tour video released this week unfortunately didn't show any Batman66's on the floor yet. They were making some harnesses for it though. "Shark" is the Stern internal code name for the game.

shark2 (resized).png
shark3 (resized).png
shark4 (resized).png

#5834 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I am not.
But you take my sentiment the wrong way. The game obviously exists in cabinet form, but so far (to our knowledge) isn't flippable. This doesn't mean it never will, I was just contrasting the negativity (more than just price) with the fact that Stern holds all the cards on this one.
People bending over backwards for something still not 100% tangible.
My opinion is mine to have, and I'm not concerned for anyone really. If the game comes out and is fantastic, than that's awesome. I was just speculating and asking how people would feel if Stern altered the lineup with more options. As it has already happened once with this game (30 sle vs 80) and has happened on other games made by them and other manufacturers.
You don't need to get your panties in a bunch because I said something you weren't fond of.

No offense taken or meant. Positive speculation can also exist. Moving from 30 to 80 isn't a " lineup change" simply Stern making more money based on demand ( and they are apparently gone anyway).

Stern always holds the cards on their games...if you don't like any aspect, don't buy, or dump it.

Your opinion is yours, mine is mine...no biggie. I just don't value my opinion as having absolute validity to anyone except....ME. But expressing it ( either way) is what makes the forum healthy.

#5835 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Interesting. When it was announced, they stated it would ship in November.. and here it's almost Dec and not even a single gameplay video. Not surprised I guess

#5836 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Where is that rumor coming from? Definitely not looking good though for a Dec delivery at this point.
The Johns Arcade Stern tour video released this week unfortunately didn't show any Batman66's on the floor yet. They were making some harnesses for it though. "Shark" is the Stern internal code name for the game.

they were building harnesses back when they were giving tours during expo in october

#5837 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

they were building harnesses back when they were giving tours during expo in october

I never saw the shark harnesses when I was there ( GB was cranking) I really like " shark" as a code name for drawings!!! "BM66" would have been just as easy....but shark just sounds deadly....this is going to be fun!!!

#5838 1 year ago

Back in 1966 we didn't have anything to watch compared to today. Anything new was great, but now its emotional nostalgia. All Good, Happy Holidays. "light in the loafers" - bust my chops on a Holiday morning......

#5839 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I never saw the shark harnesses when I was there ( GB was cranking) I really like " shark" as a code name for drawings!!! "BM66" would have been just as easy....but shark just sounds deadly....this is going to be fun!!!

I would bet it was code named "Shark" after one of the greatest Batman moments ever!

IMG_0851 (resized).JPG

"Robin! Hand me the Shark repellent Bat Spray!"

#5840 1 year ago

In the 70's this show was in heavy syndication. As a kid this show was the COOLEST thing on tv. Until the 80's there was no other live action Batman program to watch. The colors, villains and Batman & Robin taking off in that kick ass Batmobile was the s**t! Years later when I was an adult I got a whole new appreciation for the show's adult comedic campiness that was lost to me as a kid. Some of those lines still have me laughing out loud. Everyone has something special like this from their childhood that means a lot to them. For many of us this show is it. BM66 is the icing on the cake for us. It's the two best things from our childhood and adulthood rolled into one. Regardless of your age I hope everyone gets their dream theme made eventually. It's a pretty awesome feeling.

#5841 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

In the 70's this show was in heavy syndication. As a kid this show was the COOLEST thing on tv. Until the 80's there was no other live action Batman program to watch. The colors, villains and Batman & Robin taking off in that kick ass Batmobile was the s**t! Years later when I was an adult I got a whole new appreciation for the show's adult comedic campiness that was lost to me as a kid. Some of those lines still have me laughing out loud. Everyone has something special like this from their childhood that means a lot to them. For many of us this show is it. BM66 is the icing on the cake for us. It's the two best things from our childhood and adulthood rolled into one. Regardless of your age I hope everyone gets their dream theme made eventually. It's a pretty awesome feeling.

Although this isn't my personal "dream theme" I agree with you. My dream theme was Ghostbusters and it really is awesome to have a pin based on it, so I can see how fans of the show are dying to get this machine. I watched many many reruns of Batman as a kid and really enjoyed it, and the theme song will forever be embedded in my brain. I'm sure the game will play great, I just hope Stern can deliver it in a timely matter without the many unfortunate delays, playfield issues, and embarrassing code bugs and issues that currently plagues my GBLE.

I actually would have been interested in BM66, but the issues I had (and still have with no ETA on when they will be resolved) simply cannot allow me to spend that kind of money with them at this time. Instead, I ordered an MMR last week that is currently in route.

I cross my fingers that they have fixed their issues at the factory and everyone's BM66's are delivered without issues

#5842 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would bet it was code named "Shark" after one of the greatest Batman moments ever!

"Robin! Hand me the Shark repellent Bat Spray!"

Lego announced a bunch of new mini-figs to go with the new lego batman movie coming out in Feb. Look what Robin's accessory is.

LEGO-Bat-Shark-Repellent (resized).jpg

#5843 1 year ago

Haha awesome! Doesn't surprise me though, as the Shark spray is easily one of the most memorable and loved lines from the show along with the other classic:

IMG_0852 (resized).PNG

#5844 1 year ago

You young whipper-snappers need to try to understand the impact this television series made on "pop culture" at the time. According to "Batman facts and stats from the classic TV show" by Rian Hughes and Y.Y. Flurich.....the TV show premiered on January 12, 1966 and secured 49% of the audience share. Part 2, which concluded the following night increased to 59%!!! 59%, think about that. It was literally one of the most successful television debuts, ever. It brought to life the characters, the villains, the Bat Cave, the Bat gadgets and the Bat vehicles that had only been visualized in 2 dimensions previously (comic books).

It was so popular, it had stars begging to be cast as villains or guest appearances. The series featured 32 "bat climbs" which featured guest appearances by the likes of Sammy Davis, Jr., Dick Clark, Van Williams and Bruce Lee (the Green Hornet and Kato) and even Ted Cassidy (Lurch from The Addams family). Robin delivered some 400 different "Holy this" or "Holy that" utterances. It is hard today to find someone who has not said that themselves.

The show also launched a merchandising bonanza....toys, clothing, books, action figures, lunch boxes...just to name a few. Pretty much you name it, they made it, and it is likely trademarked "Batman 1966" by N.P.P. (National Periodical Publications).
Yes, as someone mentioned above...we (the Bat fans) are lucky to see this theme come to life. Every pinball fan should be so lucky!

#5845 1 year ago

heard it from a couple of distributors

#5846 1 year ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

You young whipper-snappers need to try to understand the impact this television series made on "pop culture" at the time. According to "Batman facts and stats from the classic TV show" by Rian Hughes and Y.Y. Flurich.....the TV show premiered on January 12, 1966 and secured 49% of the audience share. Part 2, which concluded the following night increased to 59%!!! 59%, think about that. It was literally one of the most successful television debuts, ever. It brought to life the characters, the villains, the Bat Cave, the Bat gadgets and the Bat vehicles that had only been visualized in 2 dimensions previously (comic books).
It was so popular, it had stars begging to be cast as villains or guest appearances. The series featured 32 "bat climbs" which featured guest appearances by the likes of Sammy Davis, Jr., Dick Clark, Van Williams and Bruce Lee (the Green Hornet and Kato) and even Ted Cassidy (Lurch from The Addams family). Robin delivered some 400 different "Holy this" or "Holy that" utterances. It is hard today to find someone who has not said that themselves.
The show also launched a merchandising bonanza....toys, clothing, books, action figures, lunch boxes...just to name a few. Pretty much you name it, they made it, and it is likely trademarked "Batman 1966" by N.P.P. (National Periodical Publications).
Yes, as someone mentioned above...we (the Bat fans) are lucky to see this theme come to life. Every pinball fan should be so lucky!

This young whipper snappers grandpa (George Chandler) was actually in an episode of Batman, I don't remember which one.. but he played a Grandpa. He also played Uncle Petrie on Lassie, and also had small roles Twilight Zone, Green Acres, CHiPS, etc and was treasurer and president of SAG. It was definitely a great time in TV back in the 60's... I can see myself getting one of these later on in the second hand market down the road. I am actually hoping to see a gameplay video soon to see what video clips they use and how the sound and music is coded into the game.

#5847 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

I don't remember which one..

Black Widow Strikes Again season 2 episode 55 aired on 3-15-67, he was Grampa.

LTG : )

#5848 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

This young whipper snappers grandpa (George Chandler) was actually in an episode of Batman, I don't remember which one.. but he played a Grandpa. He also played Uncle Petrie on Lassie, and also had small roles Twilight Zone, Green Acres, CHiPS, etc and was treasurer and president of SAG. It was definitely a great time in TV back in the 60's... I can see myself getting one of these later on in the second hand market down the road. I am actually hoping to see a gameplay video soon to see what video clips they use and how the sound and music is coded into the game.

Holy totally cool fact!l....Season 2, episode 55..."Black Widow Strikes Again"...aired March 15, 1967. "Grampa" was the character. Also looks like he appeared in episode 56..."Caught in the Spiders Den"...which aired the following day.
Brief synopsis here...under #47 a and b:

https://books.google.com/books?id=dx6hBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA112&lpg=PA112&dq=george+chandler+batman+episode&source=bl&ots=qawSyWxUPM&sig=uKNQTam6ueq8CXs2b0oBe-Wd9tI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwippqLhnMXQAhVs4oMKHbTAC7AQ6AEIJzAD#v=onepage&q=george%20chandler%20batman%20episode&f=false

He has over 450 credits for various appearances...he even played Superman's foster father, Jonathan Kent in a 1975 Superman movie.
Check him out....
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0151370/

#5849 1 year ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Holy totally cool fact!l....Season 2, episode 55..."Black Widow Strikes Again"...aired March 15, 1967. "Grampa" was the character. Also looks like he appeared in episode 56..."Caught in the Spiders Den"...which aired the following day.
Brief synopsis here...under #47 a and b:
https://books.google.com/books?id=dx6hBAAAQBAJ&pg=PA112&lpg=PA112&dq=george+chandler+batman+episode&source=bl&ots=qawSyWxUPM&sig=uKNQTam6ueq8CXs2b0oBe-Wd9tI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwippqLhnMXQAhVs4oMKHbTAC7AQ6AEIJzAD#v=onepage&q=george%20chandler%20batman%20episode&f=false
He has over 450 credits for various appearances...he even played Superman's foster father, Jonathan Kent in a 1975 Superman movie.
Check him out....
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0151370/

Thanks !!! I don't remember him much, since he died from cancer when I was only 5 years old or so.. but he was a great man and my family has always spoken very highly of him. He was very close personal friends with Ronald Reagan too. Going to check out that link thank you !

#5850 1 year ago

This gets better and better!!!....Holy Shit!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tinton Falls, NJ
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 179.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 117 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside