• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 142.
#3401 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If they can make a B66, surely The Love Boat isn't a stretch.

Then why not Mission Impossible too?

mission-impossible-cast (resized).jpg

#3402 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's Barbara Bain. Married in real life to Martin Landau for 30 years.

138635115 (resized).jpg

#3403 3 years ago

She's looks to be doing fine , I'd say.

#3404 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

She's looks to be doing fine , I'd say.

Here's another one.. does this one do it for you too? haha

#3405 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Putting a deposit on a game that you have not seen or played? Can anyone think of any other instance where that would happen with any product?

A fancy new car. http://www.topspeed.com/cars/special-editions/ke2041.html

http://www.carbuzz.com/tag/Limited-Edition/

#3406 3 years ago

ooo ooo ooo my turn...

can-old-ladies (resized).png

#3407 3 years ago

So I think this should be used as the bat mobile artwork...

batmobile (resized).jpg

#3408 3 years ago

Notice how every limited car shows pictures (or sketches) and potential features?

With bm66, all we know is:

- it's Batman 66
- it's a pinball
- it's "special"
- it's Batman 66
And
- it's a pinball

No pictures, no features, etc.

#3409 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Boris Karloff does not deserve to smell my shit!!!!!!!!

Actually Lugosi never said that. Karloff and Lugosi got along pretty well and attended may parties together and had a lot of fun. (on set too)

lugosi karloff sleep (resized).jpg

karloff and Lugosi (resized).jpg

#3410 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

- it's Batman 66
- it's a pinball
- it's "special"
- it's Batman 66
And
- it's a pinball

And it comes with a FREE non-refundable deposit.

#3411 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It would probably be based on a new Tom Cruise movie but you could look forward to the Vault Edition retheme in 10 years that would be based on the old show. The Lalo Shifrin theme would be so great to rock to while playing multiball.

giphy (4).gif

#3412 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It would probably be based on a new Tom Cruise movie but you could look forward to the Vault Edition retheme in 10 years that would be based on the old show.

So kind of like WoZ where they couldn't bother to base it on the original movie?

1925-wizard-of-oz (resized).jpg

#3413 3 years ago
Quoted from Project_Pinball:

Want the chance to get a Batman 66 Premium without the high price tag? Enter our sweepstakes - https://go.rallyup.com/batman-66premium

Just bought mine

#3414 3 years ago

saw 14 new posts... thought there might be some new info... foiled again!

#3415 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

saw 14 new posts... thought there might be some new info... foiled again!

Me too. Though, I guess this thread would sink into oblivion if we waited for a real BM66 game update, given what we've not learned over the past month. At least this thread is staying bumped with something as we approach Expo.

#3416 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Notice how every limited car shows pictures (or sketches) and potential features?
- it's Batman 66
- it's a pinball
- it's "special"
- it's Batman 66
And
- it's a pinball

this again!?

i posted this 23 days ago:

we know the theme, the title, the designers, the programmer, the target release date, crane, LE quantity, LCD's, target reveal date, some of the voice work, two ramps.

___

+
no we also know more of the art, the "versioning/naming" of the LE's, SLE application process, prices

probably some other stuff i'm forgetting

#3419 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

this again!?
i posted this 23 days ago:
we know the theme, the title, the designers, the programmer, the target release date, crane, LE quantity, LCD's, target reveal date, some of the voice work, two ramps.
___
+
no we also know more of the art, the "versioning/naming" of the LE's, SLE application process, prices
probably some other stuff i'm forgetting

So.... like this?

-New Ferrari

-Limited to 35 units

-Special limitation of 4 personally invited (no differences to be explained until release)

-Hand Assembled in Italy.

-Design by Pininfarina.

-Engine: V8

-Will have some elemnts from the 488, but all new elements as well

-Please let us know why you want it, and that you can afford it

Teaser pictures attached...

1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg

#3420 3 years ago

ALSO....

Please ignore the failures of our last models. This one is new.

#3421 3 years ago

got it. ok i'm a pinball fan excited about a new game. you're a pinball fan who may or may not be excited but for sure feels the need to compare stern's business model (erroneously, again, we know plenty at this point) to a completely different manufacturer in a completely different industry.

we can go our separate ways now.

#3422 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

- it's Batman 66
- it's a pinball
- it's "special"
- it's Batman 66
And
- it's a pinball

See dozens of posts above with your point and replies, and straight from George and Jody at Stern -- to be revealed at Expo.

#3423 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

ALSO....
Please ignore the failures of our last models. This one is new.

Quoted from Meegis:

So.... like this?
-New Ferrari
-Limited to 35 units
-Special limitation of 4 personally invited (no differences to be explained until release)
-Design by Pininfarina.

Um, or just see it in 11 days, and buy it or pass. I don't get your point.
If you don't go to the Adam West meet and greet, I think your deposit is refundable right? Why worry or have concerns?

#3424 3 years ago

3 wireforms?

batman wireforms (resized).jpg

#3425 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Um, or just see it in 11 days, and buy it or pass. I don't get your point.
If you don't go to the Adam West meet and greet, I think your deposit is refundable right? Why worry or have concerns?

It has been reiterated to many, the pre-order is NOT refundable.

#3426 3 years ago

Alright, powder coated wire forms from Data East's Back to the Future?

#3427 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

got it. ok i'm a pinball fan excited about a new game. you're a pinball fan who may or may not be excited but for sure feels the need to compare stern's business model (erroneously, again, we know plenty at this point) to a completely different manufacturer in a completely different industry.
we can go our separate ways now.

We don't know "plenty" but we can agree to disagree.

Im personally excited to see Batman 66, I just really think the approach is unsettling. That's all.

Remove the pre-order garbage, and this becomes a suspense filled release for Expo. Im totally cool with that. It is the fact that you have to put money down on something you cannot see, cannot know the features etc. And if in the end its a turd, you are obligated to walk away losing your deposit, or purchase the game with angst.

I do hope this game blows people away, but with previous QC issues, and the money up front mentality, it just looks bad from the outside in.

I know Im repeating what others have said, but I figured Id share my thoughts and thats all. This is a discussion forum after all.

#3428 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Check with your distributor. Sounds like some are saying no refund and others are letting you back out. Probably depends if your distributor has a waiting list or not for people waiting for an LE.

People who were told no refunds by their distibutor should just wait until after the reveal then if they like how the game looks they can just order a premium.

#3429 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Check with your distributor. Sounds like some are saying no refund and others are letting you back out. Probably depends if your distributor has a waiting list or not for people waiting for an LE.
People who were told no refunds by their distibutor should just wait until after the reveal then if they like how the game looks they can just order a premium.

A universal policy would be nice.

#3430 3 years ago

I'll tell you what is new,notice how,Mezel,Pinballlife,and all the rest are making 0 Mods,telling you what you need, to have a really custom pin!

#3431 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

So.... like this?
-New Ferrari
-Limited to 35 units
-Design by Pininfarina.

You forgot assembled by Lyman Sheats.

#3432 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

A universal policy would be nice.

You mean the one where stern announced very loudly they don't condone preorders.. and then what.. two titles later announce a pre-order with no actual game photos?

#3433 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Check with your distributor. Sounds like some are saying no refund and others are letting you back out.,,

As I mentioned earlier, in cases where a buyer isn't planning to attend the m&g, the deposit is not at risk. Just ask your distributor, but I would venture to guess this is the only reason for those stories of offers to refund deposits after Expo you mention.

#3434 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

As I mentioned earlier, in cases where a buyer isn't planning to attend the m&g, the deposit is not at risk. Just ask your distributor, but I would venture to guess this is the only reason for those stories of offers to refund deposits after Expo you mention.

Nope, not for me. No conditions on the LE were offered and it was a non-refundable deposit or get out. Simple as that and without seeing the game, I got out. - Ridiculous and arrogant policy.

#3435 3 years ago

Quality is way down and price is way up. I'm on the fence on a premium.

#3436 3 years ago

Maybe a dumb question....when IS the VIP signing? I've been told 3-6 @ the WESTIN, but that would put Alien talk in the middle? Or is it at the Stern party that night? My distro said my name would be on VIP list at event...just seeing if anyone has a better grip on this than me...thanks...mark

#3437 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nope, not for me. No conditions on the LE were offered and it was a non-refundable deposit or get out. Simple as that and without seeing the game, I got out. - Ridiculous and arrogant policy.

What are people expecting? Order an LE, go to the meet & greet, then cancel the order?

#3438 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

That's the spirit!

#3439 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Quality is way down and price is way up

Thats a Hank Williams Jr song

Or something like that

Maybe its interest is up & the stock markets down

#3440 3 years ago

Likely one for each version of the game...

#3441 3 years ago

I don't know about quality decreasing, all i know is I love my Stern pins, Ac/dc premium, TWDLE and GBLE

And I'm sure BM66LE is gonna be great too.

I'll continue to have a blast with those, now carry on.

#3442 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What are people expecting? Order an LE, go to the meet & greet, then cancel the order?

Sure.. if the price included air fare to the U.S.A

#3443 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Sure.. if the price included air fare to the U.S.A

It would make the prices seem more reasonable at least!

#3444 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Mine IS refundable if I can't make the meet and greet. Perhaps that's my distributor covering my game, and his deal for his customers, but my point is, I do have that option.

#3445 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

You will have plenty of time to see hear and possibly play an LE before premiums are on the line. If you are on the fence this is a title worth waiting until the dust settles, you will have plenty of time before you will need to make a decision and pull the trigger.

Quoted from dgarrett:

Perhaps that's my distributor covering my game, and his deal for his customers

Who is your distributor? If he is reputable and willing to go above and beyond to protect the interest of his customers that is a distro many pinsiders would like to know about. Inquiring minds want to know who is willing to back up the customer and who is sticking with backing Stern's redonkulous policy.

#3446 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What are people expecting?

I expect to be treated like a customer rather than be manipulated like a meth addict.

Quoted from iceman44:

I don't know about quality decreasing

Agreed Doug. People believing that Stern is doing nothing to address issues are being naive.

Quoted from pinmister:

Inquiring minds want to know who is willing to back up the customer and who is sticking with backing Stern's redonkulous policy.

It could be more complex than that. The price I was offered for the LE was $500 less expensive than a friend of mine is getting from a different distributor.

#3447 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You will have plenty of time to see hear and possibly play an LE before premiums are on the line.

Are the LE's sold out in the US? If so he could re-import one from EU, they're available for preorder and just 14KUSD over here, shipping not included...

I don't think they will sell at all over here. Who in their right mind would pay 14KUSD for a Stern pinball machine?

#3448 3 years ago

The SLE = 15K the LE is 10K so 14K excl. shipping is quite a price... Don't think the theme will sell very good in Europe.

#3449 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The SLE = 15K the LE is 10K so 14K excl. shipping is quite a price... Don't think the theme will sell very good in Europe.

Is the Adam West Batman popular outside the USA?

With 240 LEs, I assumed it was for USA only.

#3450 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is the Adam West Batman popular outside the USA?
With 240 LEs, I assumed it was for USA only.

We had this topic before, it seems to be quite mixed. Everyone I know is very familiar with the 66 Batman, the series was re-run very often and has cult status.

I actually love the theme, it's fun, colorful and really cool in kind of trashy way.

Way better and way more timeless than overly serious current themes like GoT or TWD.

BM66 LEs are listed at distributors, so they are officially available here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside