By GAP

1 year ago

Stats

• 7,058 posts
  • 604 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Bamatami
  • Topic is favorited by 67 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 84 of 142.
#4152 1 year ago

At the factory...game not finished yet according to Gomez

#4153 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Video is up.
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154591314399244/

Love it - was huge fan of the series as a kid.
This is just awesome.

Not a fanboy at all TWD is the only Stern I have ever owned.
This just looks fantastic. Love the retro TV with rabbit ears.

Now I sort of regret complaining about the SE application process, should've just bought one.

#4154 1 year ago

If this is same/similar to BTDK I called that from day one.

Hopefully Stern will complete/polish their back catalogue with the profits.

#4155 1 year ago

The cab art for SLE definitely gives off the collector edition chrome cover comics of the 90s that aren't worth much anymore. Still cool though.

pasted_image (resized).png

#4156 1 year ago

Kudos for the early release of pics. My first impressions:

- If they kept pricing at pro/premium/LE levels I'd be more interested in possibly jumping in on theme alone. I'm out at this pricing.
- I like the art package - captures the theme well
- Very happy to see LCD in Stern game
- The play field is roughly what I guessed at about 300 posts ago. Disappointed, as it seems minimal change - although flow looks greatly improved. Will hold judgement until after playing and seeing if code has been altered as well.
- Topper is cool and bat symbol projection is nice touch. However, am I the only one with low ceilings where that effect will be lost? Still, love the innovation attempt.

The biggest disappointment is the SLE, LE and premium designation with higher pricing. From first glance, premium would be the only way to go on this game as the upgrades look meh. Unless, something not yet revealed we are missing.

For SLE and LE buyers, ignore our comments. Enjoy the game!

#4157 1 year ago

Looks nice, curious to see how it plays compared to bdk but I have to say I'm pretty sick of Stern price gouging people for different art packages.

#4158 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Is that a camera above the monitor?

I think it's just a lock.

#4159 1 year ago

Anyone else noticed that all of the bat signals look different on the game? Not very consistent. Capturebbb (resized).PNG

Capturebb (resized).PNGCapturebs (resized).PNG

#4160 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Video is up.
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154591314399244/

Man so much money for so little of a game ...... just very very similar to tdn that is only 4k . Dont get me wromg it looks nice but man these things are meant to be enjoyed not look at. No way to justify the price especially when u compare it to jjp and Hemingway pins. Heck even compared to gb it lacks imo. I wish all involved the best but man.....

#4161 1 year ago

That video was cool. The fact that the tv platform rotates to different postions is way cool and changes the shot map with each turn. I think its supposed to have 3 positions. With the music this game is definately going to have a great groove.

#4162 1 year ago

I'd be more interested at lower price points. SMVE all over again.

#4163 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Are there good full playfield shots out yet?

#4164 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They new houw too spel bak then.

Maybe with the SuperLE they will do a little proofreading.

#4165 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Is that a camera above the monitor?

I think it's the lock, but that would be cool if it was.
You would add your face to the top score screen.

#4166 1 year ago

I'm not sure about having the TV on the spinning toy. There will be times it's facing the back.

#4167 1 year ago

The LE plaques go above the left speaker. Have they said what kind of plaques the SLE get? I like episode/gadget theme with the LEs.

#4168 1 year ago

The (S)LE looks good. The Premium (LE) and Pro (Premium) pretty meh. Topper looks much better than the awful GB & GoT ones. Playfield art is ok, I guess, but it's going to draw unflattering comparisons with Austin Powers ... and it clearly is BMDK 2.0. Such a barren game, even at the lowest point of entry pricing wise.

Still, for $15k it should look good. But that $15k (probably close to $20k in most overseas markets) still gets you the cheapo metal backbox with cheaper plastic bands, by the look of it the same cheapo practically balsa wood cabinet, and the same crappy cabinet decal print quality.

The SLE is how their Premiums should look normally.

If this was some one off celebration of 30 years, they would have pushed the boat out a little and made it their own WOZ ECLE ... instead, as I suspected, this looks like a, "Hey potential investors, we just proved we can clear more than $10k (I'd guess 12k) gross profit on a machine. Buy us or into us for a massive sum."

#4169 1 year ago

Looks pretty cool!

#4170 1 year ago

In before the Pinside server meltdown!

#4171 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Essentially, when apple releases technology 2 years late, it's innovative..

Like the iPhone in 2007, revolutionizing the phone industry? Or the iPod in 2001, revolutionizing the portable music market...?
Tablets are slightly different, but they'd still be oddball nerd devices no one is interested if it weren't for the iPad.
Which market did other tech companies revolutionize lately, or which tech companies ever revolutionized more than one market? The technology you are talking about could not be applied to anything without Apple inventing the corresponding market in the first place.

Whatever, the BM66 machines look just as gorgeous as expected! Price is still a joke, but really nice machines.

#4172 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm not sure about having the TV on the spinning toy. There will be times it's facing the back.

I think you just pointed out one main difference in LE and premium.

LE no spinner. TV mounts above and targets with magnet below.

Premium no playfield LCD TV, spinner with magnet.

#4173 1 year ago

Few thoughts,

Rotating shot bank to reveal television last scene in...Gilligans Island?

No drop target bank? Disappointed.

Lots of eye candy and plopped dollar store looking toys. Done well enough I suppose, but besides the new ramps that look fun, too much BDK remains. I do like the little touches, like the baseball looking card on the apron.

Color screen is very nice, cabinet too, props on the art package. Really a beautiful looking machine.

I'm sure it will play nice, and be a fun game with code master at the stern, but I would never be in on it for $14,999 LE. If you were to boil off that cabinet art and new screen, I think it would be a hard sale at premium price as well.

Nice timing too, early morning expo to get Lawlor fans to jump ship. Understandable marketing strategy, just obvious as hell.

#4174 1 year ago

Looks pretty freakin sweet if you ask me.

Still not worth the price tag til they prove the code is worthy, complete, and polished (which KISS, GOT, and GB have proven otherwise on their commitment) - not to mention the playfield issues need to be 100% resolved.

Other than that. Would love to own one someday. image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

#4175 1 year ago

I'm curious what the cards on the apron are from or are meant to represent.

#4176 1 year ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Like the iPhone in 2007, revolutionizing the phone industry? Or the iPod in 2001, revolutionizing the portable music market...?
Tablets are slightly different, but they'd still be oddball nerd devices no one is interested if it weren't for the iPad.
Which market did other tech companies revolutionize lately, or which tech companies ever revolutionized more than one market? The technology you are talking about could not be applied to anything without Apple inventing the corresponding market in the first place.
Whatever, the BM66 machines look just as gorgeous as expected! Price is still a joke, but really nice machines.

More recently they have been behind the times. Look at their dinky little phones compared to the new standard large phones people love. Their stock price also dictates how far behind they are, it's way down from the jobs era

#4177 1 year ago

Live tour is being broadcast on Facebook.

#4178 1 year ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Last I read all models were supposed to have the same playfield features. It appears that the big rotating toy has two or three sides. One is the TV side and one side is the smaller rotating disc that you are probably trying to shoot past.

#4179 1 year ago

From the factory live

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0034.JPG

#4180 1 year ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Towards the end of the video you can see the TV is facing forward and spins to the left a knotch. The camera is focusing on the main screen but after it pulls away at the end the TV is facing the back. This is on the SLE.

It's funny how most pics are of the SLE but the premiums are what most will buy. Great bait and switch.

#4181 1 year ago

Oh, and that's not a backglass for $10k and $15k .... it's a translite.

That's sad.

#4182 1 year ago

I am looking forward to seeing how this competes with the new Lawlor game.

I believe one will blow the other out of the water.

#4183 1 year ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'm curious what the cards on the apron are from or are meant to represent.

Those are 1966 Topps collector cards. Likely they are originals. I would suspect that SLE owners might get the cards signed by AW and BW?

There are black "bat" , blue "bat" and red "bat" versions. Looks like these are the black variety.

aa5cfae8158f3b24dcc8e2c6537e683c (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
58140_1590x949 (resized).jpg1966-Topps-A-Series-Red-Bat-20A (resized).jpg

#4184 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

More recently they have been behind the times. Look at their dinky little phones compared to the new standard large phones people love. Their stock price also dictates how far behind they are, it's way down from the jobs era

The stock price is more then double since Steve jobs passed away.

#4185 1 year ago

Is that the episode vs gadget distinction?

240 Limited Edition models will be split in two, with the first 120 named after episodes of the TV series and the second 120 named after the many 'Bat Gadgets' featured in the show.

#4186 1 year ago

This playfield is the premium. Looks to still have the TV but the screen is facing away.I think it's still has the LCD screen

#4187 1 year ago

Didn't stern say something about there being a innovative contraption on the playfield that no one has ever seen before, had anyone been able to point this out yet?

#4188 1 year ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Definitely... nothing really new or exciting since Jobs. The stock price has kept going up though not down...

#4189 1 year ago

The SLE has a plaque with a year on it.

#4190 1 year ago

barf (resized).jpg

#4191 1 year ago

20161013_110316 (resized).jpg

#4192 1 year ago
Quoted from chet218:

Didn't stern say something about there being a innovative contraption on the playfield that no one has ever seen before, had anyone been able to point this out yet?

Likely the double spinning discs. One spinning disc similar to the TOTAN lamp/Tesseract in a larger motor driven disc that has the small TV.

#4193 1 year ago

20161013_110021 (resized).jpg

20161013_110015 (resized).jpg

#4194 1 year ago

20161013_105947 (resized).jpg

#4195 1 year ago

Goerge said 8 ball muti ball

#4196 1 year ago

20161013_105954 (resized).jpg

20161013_110101 (resized).jpg

20161013_110028 (resized).jpg

#4197 1 year ago
Quoted from chet218:

I think they're talking about their pricing mechanism.

#4198 1 year ago

I think it looks pretty cool. Ok who's gonna give me 15k?

#4199 1 year ago

20161013_110018 (resized).jpg

20161013_105938 (resized).jpg

20161013_105956 (resized).jpg

#4200 1 year ago

I have video if some one wants it pm me your phone number

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frederick, MD
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 179.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7058 posts in topic. You are on page 84 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside