• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 142.
#1352 3 years ago

Where is the "Sharks with friggin laser beams" topper for Austin Powers?

#1353 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Another vague irritating update on the Stern facebook page that offers no useful information. All it says is: "The details matter. Youll understand soon"

yes, details like ghosting inserts matter to some of us.

#wherestheplayfieldfix

#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Another vague irritating update on the Stern facebook page that offers no useful information. All it says is: "The details matter. Youll understand soon"

batman looks like he just stuck his feet in freezing water

#1355 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

batman looks like he just stuck his feet in freezing water

... would likely have resulted in major shrinkage.

#1356 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Topps playing cards box?

#1357 3 years ago

Something to get you in the mood xD

#1358 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

how about a laser based batsignal from a small toy on the playfield.
set up a reflector at it's destination point.
Once the ball breaks the laser signal XX amount of times, then batman has responded to the bat-signal and is headed to take on his next mission/mode.
Could be a "start mode" activation mini-mission

Bad picture, but on my BF, when Start Gotham Event flashes, I have my own Bat Signal that flashes in conjunction on my ceiling. Very cheap and easy to do with the Comet Matrix products.

IMG_2794 (resized).JPG

#1359 3 years ago

Maybe like SC or slugfest, Batman 66 will spit out collector cards.

I still think a Pokemon pin with that could be fun. Pikachu!!

#1360 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

i'm guessing its a hint

Well if you don't know the end result here... That's a major gap.

#1361 3 years ago

which Batmobile will they use? if any

mobile (resized).jpg

#1362 3 years ago

A topper ?

topper (resized).jpg

#1363 3 years ago

or add a Bat-droid

bat-droid (resized).jpg

#1364 3 years ago

Will it have multiple Batcave modes?

#1365 3 years ago

Another vote for Julie Newmar. I had to go back and watch old episodes to see if her Catwoman was as hot as I remember. Yes, every bit. Now, if there were a catfight between Julie Newmar's Catwoman and Anne Hathaway's Catwoman, I'd buy a ticket.

#1366 3 years ago

Looking forward to seeing this game...

2batman 66 (resized).jpg

batman 66 (resized).jpg

#1367 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Looking forward to seeing this game...

Me too. But, I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Batman 66 by Stern, We Know Nothing."

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Me too. But, I think the title of this thread should be changed to "Batman 66 by Stern, We Know Nothing."

we have different definitions of "nothing"

we know the theme, the title, the designers, the programmer, the target release date, crane, LE quantity, LCD's, target reveal date, some of the voice work, two ramps.

#1369 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

GAP started the thread... And he knows everything. So the title should be changed to "Batman 66 by Stern, I know everything but can't tell you... Boom, mic drop."

#1370 3 years ago

Thread is intended to fuel hype machine & drive up disti pricing. It's taken some cool turns in discussion though.

Real info being shared is scarce. Sort of like Stern Facebook dropping useless teasers that frustrate rather than excite.

Here's a free marketing tip Stern. There's a way to do a teaser campaign that continues to build excitement until final reveal without making your customers feel like idiots. What your marketing team is doing is creating some angst and frustration. Yup, your social media impact appears to be growing, but is it positive brand impressions?

If you want "seasoned" marketing advice to help guide your young marketing team, drop me a line. I'll be happy to be on your "Marketing Advisory Board" free of charge. Need to add some consultatory advisory boards to my resume anyway.

#1371 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Where is the "Sharks with friggin laser beams" topper for Austin Powers?

I did make a mod for that on the playfield. Lights up red.

srk md (resized).jpg

#1372 3 years ago

Batman for president.

BMMGGA (resized).jpg

#1373 3 years ago

How could you forget Anne Hathaway!

IMG_5908 (resized).JPG

#1374 3 years ago

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Michelle-Pfeiffer-Anne-Hathaway-Who-Better-Catwoman-32092.html

f10573dae687e46fdd179734f2cd90efe6a550342e31ef34556513c2cea99035 (resized).jpg

#1375 3 years ago

Anyone know when we will get to see actual pics of the machine?

#1376 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

we have different definitions of "nothing"
we know the theme, the title, the designers, the programmer, the target release date, crane, LE quantity, LCD's, target reveal date, some of the voice work, two ramps.

Cool, I'll grant you that. So, let's call it, "Next to Nothing." We don't know what the art will look like on the cabinet, playfield, or backglass. We don't know what size the LCDs will be or how many flippers, or how many balls. We don't know anything about the left side of the playfield, any toys besides the crane, or even more than generally how the crane will be implemented (Penguin driving it, maybe). We don't know anything about the game code, modes, graphics, short/long ball times, which villains are included, or even which Catwoman......Meow! We don't even know the damn price of the game. To sum it up what we really know, we know that there are two ramps and a crane and Adam West is doing voice work. Now, in full disclosure, I've already bought an LE. But, it pisses me off that I had to buy one of my grail themes without knowing any more than I mentioned in this post, or lose out totally.

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Anyone know when we will get to see actual pics of the machine?

I would suspect at the epic Friday night event during Expo.

LTG : )

#1378 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Cool, I'll grant you that. So, let's call it, "Next to Nothing." We don't know what the art will look like on the cabinet, playfield, or backglass. We don't know what size the LCDs will be or how many flippers, or how many balls. We don't know anything about the left side of the playfield, any toys besides the crane, or even more than generally how the crane will be implemented (Penguin driving it, maybe). We don't know anything about the game code, modes, graphics, short/long ball times, which villains are included, or even which Catwoman......Meow! We don't even know the damn price of the game. To sum it up what we really know, we know that there are two ramps and a crane and Adam West is doing voice work. Now, in full disclosure, I've already bought an LE. But, it pisses me off that I had to buy one of my grail themes without knowing any more than I mentioned in this post, or lose out totally.

not challenging you, trying to be logical-

did you pay a non refundable deposit? Lose out- very strong words as several will be for resale in the first six mos, like every game.

#1379 3 years ago

Here is something interesting. I was looking up a board I just bought on eBay and came across this. Look at the game listings. Batman 66 on the old system? Mistake on Marcos part? I thought LCD couldn't be used on the old system?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5246-00

#1380 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

did you pay a non refundable deposit? Lose out- very strong words as several will be for resale in the first six mos, like every game.

I don't know, to be honest. Even my distributor doesn't know, and I guess that's the problem. The title could flop and be available immediately on the used market, but if it's a decent game, it might be few and far between. The fact that both LEs and Premiums require pre-orders and large deposits makes me think that this title is something different than what Stern normally issues, hence no pro models. I grew up with the Pow, Kapow, original Batman series, so this title is probably the hottest title for me since TBL. Only Scooby Doo would trump it on my remaining "grail" pins.

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

So is the meat of this show Thurs-Sat? Debating on flying in on Wednesday, but definitely leaving Sunday AM.

#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Hear something interesting. I was looking up a board I just bought on eBay and came across this. Look at the game listings. Batman 66 on the old system? Mistake on Marcos part? I thought LCD couldn't be used on the old system?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5246-00

Certainly gives weight to the initial idea that this is a re-skinned (maybe heavily, but still) BDK. SAM boards and all. It better be a LOT different if it is. BDK sucks - one of modern Stern's weakest efforts. My hype meter just deflated a little. Maybe Stern can put the Marco link on their facebook page. It'd be a more informative tease than the parade of hot wheels.

#1383 3 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I don't know, to be honest. Even my distributor doesn't know, and I guess that's the problem. The title could flop and be available immediately on the used market, but if it's a decent game, it might be few and far between. The fact that both LEs and Premiums require pre-orders and large deposits makes me think that this title is something different than what Stern normally issues, hence no pro models. I grew up with the Pow, Kapow, original Batman series, so this title is probably the hottest title for me since TBL. Only Scooby Doo would trump it on my remaining "grail" pins.

I'm in w the 2k refundable deposit...not a grail for me ( desirable theme) but the #'s of available LE's and the mystery of this thing actually make me hope it will rock. No way to know until expo, I suppose ( as Lloyd referenced)...maybe not even completely sure then...suspect the "point of no return" will reveal itself, and I'll be paying attention then, for sure....

#1384 3 years ago

Everyone knows Pfeiffer was a way better Catwoman than Hathaway. Hathaway was a minor character in a let down of a Batman movie. I just watched Batman Returns recently and Pfeiffer was electric, stealing the movie from everyone else. I'm going to watch Dark Knight Rises again but I'm pretty sure Hathaway won't impress.

#1385 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So is the meat of this show Thurs-Sat?

Yes.

Check the schedule at pinballexpo.com

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Everyone knows Pfeiffer was a way better Catwoman than Hathaway. Hathaway was a minor character in a let down of a Batman movie. I just watched Batman Returns recently and Pfeiffer was electric, stealing the movie from everyone else. I'm going to watch Dark Knight Rises again but I'm pretty sure Hathaway won't impress.

The Dark Knight Rises isn't a bad movie by any means. Just when I started to like Christian Bale they turn to Afflack! (in a goose voice). Hathaway had her moments in the movie. I actually like her as an actress and was so so on her in Batman. But, she fits the costume really well, especially when driving the bat motorcycle. She did ok.

Pfeiffer was just plain hot and nuts in Batman Returns. Loved her! I was very disappointed when they announced Hale Berry was playing Catwoman in her own movie because Pfeiffer said she loved the part so much she was hoping for it's own movie right after Returns came out. Halle Berry is hot in her own right, but that movie was a train wreck. She makes a better Storm.

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

The Dark Knight Rises isn't a bad movie by any means. Just when I started to like Christian Bale they turn to Afflack! (in a goose voice). Hathaway had her moments in the movie. I actually like her as an actress and was so so on her in Batman. But, she fits the costume really well, especially when driving the bat motorcycle. She did ok.

Yeah it's not a bad movie but it was definitely a let down when compared with the previous film. It has so many obvious logic plot holes. I never understand why Catwoman shows up with Bruce after he goes into hiding. I didn't feel like the film built any meaningful relationship between Bruce and Selina unlike Batman Returns where you root for Keaton and Pfeiffer but Selina says at the end not to pretend this is a happy ending.

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd be surprised if they waited until expo to show pics of the playfield and feature matrix. My guess would be a reveal before expo. Probably no game play shown, just pics, price, and features described. Then there would be a window of time after that where the deposits became "non-refundable". I put that in quotes because I'm sure there are some dealers who would probably allow a refund if they think they could sell it to someone else.

I would also guess that the window to commit to purchase would close before expo. I say that because Adam West is still a big draw at shows and conventions. He usually charges around $$75 to $100 for an autograph on one of his photos and if you want an autographed pic of you with him its even more. Plus when Adam goes to a show I think there's an appearance fee that also needs to be paid for.

Stern's details on the meet and greet from their facebook page:

"Meet TV legend Adam West! 3-6pm Friday, October 14th at the The Westin Chicago North Shore during the 2016 Pinball Expo! Meet & Greet includes an autographed photo of you and Mr. West! VIP PASS REQUIRED. Contact your stern retailer for more info on how you can get one of the limited passes! http://www.sternpinball.com/find-a-retailer"

So in addition to holding a machine for you, your LE or prem deposit is paying for the autographed photo of you and Mr. West and his appearance fee. Stern wouldn't want people to put in a deposit, get their signed Adam West photo with him then ask for their deposit back.

So the deposit needs to be "locked" before expo but I don't think Stern would require buyers to commit before pics, prices, and features are shown so that's why the reveal will probably be before expo. This is all just conjecture on my part but it makes sense to me.

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So the deposit needs to be "locked" before expo but I don't think Stern would require buyers to commit before pics, prices, and features are shown so that's why the reveal will probably be before expo. This is all just conjecture on my part but it makes sense to me.

Stern isn't giving deposits back. Some distributors may.

#1390 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Stern isn't giving deposits back. Some distributors may.

Some distributors will refund deposits just out of good faith and principle.

...Especially due to the bizarre way that this game is being released!

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

And they know the way they sold out, and that the limited number means they won't be stuck with them. Maybe even charge more on ones that become available.

#1392 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And they know the way they sold out, and that the limited number means they won't be stuck with them. Maybe even charge more on ones that become available.

I guess it depends how well its received. If its a home run out of the gate att and layout wise then price might get higer if any become available. If its not well received then maybe not so much. I have high expectations and think Stern will knock it out of the park on this one.

#1393 3 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

...Especially due to the bizarre way that this game is being released!

If deposits were not returned, I'd almost think this would end up as a lawsuit. Linking these two items (a pinball machine and a "meet and greet" with Adam) was dumb. The meet and greet is time based. It has an event time, and then it's over.

Anyone that bought the LE under these conditions deserves to get a warmed over TDK.

#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If deposits were not returned, I'd almost think this would end up as a lawsuit. Linking these two items (a pinball machine and a "meet and greet" with Adam) was dumb. The meet and greet is time based. It has an event time, and then it's over.
Anyone that bought the LE under these conditions deserves to get a warmed over TDK.

I laugh out loud everytime I see someone on Pinside use the word lawsuit.
Nobody's starting a lawsuit. Probably ever.
Heck, I'll bet you could advertise a new Predator machine, take everyone's money, then buy your wife a house, and STILL nobody sues you.
Or the JPOP story. Take your pick.

So to suggest that a deposit must be refundable and that there could be a lawsuit? I mean, since when is a deposit refundable in the first place? Isn't that the whole purpose of a deposit?

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

deserves to get a warmed over TDK.

Gomez said in a podcast that it's very different on the left side of the playfield and has two ramps that cross. I think the fears of a warmed over TDK can safely be put to rest? I'm not concerned about it after Gomez's statements.

image (resized).jpeg

#1396 3 years ago

Not confirmed but SLEs will have the most unique ZLOPP! ZZONK!! and PLOW!
than the LEs with more CLASH! CLUNK! and OOOOF!
As such, Premium owners will, get more BAM! and BANG! for their buck.
Of course, this could all go KER-PLOP!

#1397 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Gomez said in a podcast that it's very different on the left side of the playfield and has two ramps that cross. I think the fears of a warmed over TDK can safely be put to rest? I'm not concerned about it after Gomez's statements.

Better watch out with those facts; the Negative Nancy's here prefer unfounded conjecture.

#1398 3 years ago

So not trying to be negative but based on limited info, we should also acknowledge what if it was:

1. Center ramp shot like Costco edition (1st ramp)
2. To right of center ramp it feeds new ramp that crosses over (2nd ramp).
3. Where Joker is standing, he's replaced with a bat computer (LED screen)

If this is the new layout, would Batman 66 owners be excited? Fair question, because right now no one knows.

bdkpf (resized).jpg

#1399 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If deposits were not returned, I'd almost think this would end up as a lawsuit

There is nothing to sue over when you agree to a non-refundable deposit and you simply didn't get it back. You'd have to sue them on other terms, like fraud.

#1400 3 years ago

What could be very cool is if they added a ramp like in BF that goes by flippers.

batman_forever_pf (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside