PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 142.
#6351 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The difference is that my information will be confirmed as being accurate next week.

I am routing for you to be right Zen, it would be great to see some Gameplay or a promo video of some kind before the holidays.

#6352 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The difference is that my information will be confirmed as being accurate next week.

details details...

#6353 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Only one man can know for sure...

captain hindsight (resized).jpgcaptain hindsight (resized).jpg

#6354 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have a Metallica LE. Didn't buy it until after the legit code dropped. It's not that hard, it just requires something few have here, called patience.

Stern is opulent, pay after release, why would they be in a hurry AFTER they have your money? Stop paying them then you might get service or the company will go away as it should.

#6355 7 years ago

what is the problem with the cat women art

#6356 7 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

The ramp flaps on the play field cover her head

Pics are buried in the thread somewhere

#6357 7 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

There are some other pictures, but this is one I found. I believe the other ramp flap is even worse.

batman (resized).jpgbatman (resized).jpg

#6358 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

There are some other pictures, but this is one I found. I believe the other ramp flap is even worse.

nice legs, a good full hip is always appreciated, her head being cut with the flap needs to be fixed

#6359 7 years ago

It's just carelessness and a lack of attention to detail and something similar has probably happened on a past release, but when your looking at charging almost double a pro and asking 10k - 15k for a pin, that attention to detail matters.

cat3 (resized).jpgcat3 (resized).jpgcat1 (resized).jpgcat1 (resized).jpgcat2 (resized).jpgcat2 (resized).jpg

Rai beat me too it, so I found 2 more photos LOL

#6360 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

nice legs, a good full hip is always appreciated, her head being cut with the flap needs to be fixed

is it just me or does Catwoman have a banana in her pants?

#6361 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It's just carelessness and a lack of attention to detail and something similar has probably happened on a past release, but when your looking at charging almost double a pro and asking 10k - 15k for a pin, that attention to detail matters.

I wouldn't turn that artwork in on a 7th grade paper.

Stern is so arrogant and people are buying the pin either way, they could just as well say we are not fixing the art and so many people would still buy the pin.

Look at the BG ramp on TWD LE, Wolverine on XMLE, Hulk on Avengers (so many little details Stern just doesn't give a darn about).

I got burned on XMLE. It was a decent game, but there was ZERO reason to preorder that pin. (I can say that about every Stern release since) basically the only LE that has been worth ordering was Tron and AcDc and on AcDc you still have to contend with the cloudy window.

#6362 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

is it just me or does Catwoman have a banana in her pants?

Maybe she is just happy to see you

#6363 7 years ago

Unreal what Stern gets away with. Stop buying games like this. I can't believe someone would spend this kind of money sight unseen or without even playing a single game. Wow, just blows my mind, I guess if you earn easy money then easy go right. Not me, I work hard for every cent and I'll be damned if I'm giving any of it to Stern for these weak ass efforts. Peace out to all you rich MF's, enjoy your games.

#6364 7 years ago

Sad... The artwork is comparable to something I could whip up as a cheap collage of crap I found on the web using Photoshop for maybe an hour half blind. Will leg levelers be an extra upgrade option on these as well? Or is that just for the Pro models? Why no gameplay video yet? It's ridiculous. Especially since they've made a Batman game how many times now? Should have been a walk in the park for them. Then again, so should non-ghosting play fields, after 30 years in the industry.

#6365 7 years ago

Can we wait to see the production games before we get our titties in a twist about ramp flaps?

#6366 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can we wait to see the production games before we get our titties in a twist about ramp flaps?

Absolutely not. (Sarcasm)

If they fix the issues, people will still whine about something. Anything.

It's the nature of the internet, not just pinball.

#6367 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Much too logical......doesn't belong in this ( or any non-tech) thread....

#6368 7 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Absolutely not. (Sarcasm)
If they fix the issues, people will still whine about something. Anything.
It's the nature of the internet, not just pinball.

True. But if stern Gets the right to raise their prices beyond belief, then we deserve the right to critique it; whether it's for the good or the bad. They've put their own microscope on themselves with these price increases and playfield issues. So for the most part, the criticisms on this title have been spot on.

#6369 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So for the most part, the criticisms on this title have been spot on.

The criticisms of non-flipping prototype game shown 3 months ago that was filled with 3d printed parts?

All I'm saying is temper the outrage, it gets embarrassing that these are our problems.

#6370 7 years ago

I think it's embarrassing they don't have a flipping prototype, they've made Batman and Spiderman pinball games so often over the years they could probably do it blindfolded in their sleep overnight if they wanted to.

#6371 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Catch-22. If nobody complains, Stern assumes that there is no issue and releases things without changes. If people complain about something, fanboys whine about the complaining and their complaints get passed off as an extreme example of Internet whining. I think that those complaining would rather that Stern fix the problems, however. Fanboys aren't interested in a better product as much as going into white knight mode.

If you're spending $15,000 on something that is arbitrarily far more expensive than it should be, then I think that you have a right to complain about every bit of sloppiness.

#6372 7 years ago

I specifically remember the Stern Facebook guy replying to someones comment about the misspelling of "reinforcment" on the playfield of GB. The reply was that those were prototype playfields and that error would be corrected on the production version.

We all know how that worked out, right?

#6373 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If you're spending $15,000 on something that is arbitrarily far more expensive than it should be, then I think that you have a right to complain about every bit of sloppiness.

Funny, I don't see the guys who actually spent the $15k on this pin that you make reference to complaining much at all.

#6374 7 years ago

I'm lmao right now.

The ramp flap partially covering the top of Cat Woman's head! Omg, the horror, I'm not sure I can enjoy the pin now.

When you get your game just cut off the bottom portion of the ramp. Problem solved.

Of all the things to cry wolf about, this ain't it imho.

#6375 7 years ago

Like how about Stern putting a 2017 price hike across the board, including "existing inventory" in the warehouse and distributors hands now.

#6376 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Funny, I don't see the guys who actually spent the $15k on this pin that you make reference to complaining much at all.

Are any of them them saying anything at all? I'd be quiet about that decision too...

#6377 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

True. But if stern Gets the right to raise their prices beyond belief, then we deserve the right to critique it; whether it's for the good or the bad. They've put their own microscope on themselves with these price increases and playfield issues. So for the most part, the criticisms on this title have been spot on.

True. But the incessant whining has been going on wayyy before Stern put the prices up. Some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something.

#6378 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

True. But the incessant whining has been going on wayyy before Stern put the prices up. Some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something.

Incessant Whining (resized).jpgIncessant Whining (resized).jpg

#6379 7 years ago

While we wait for video here are some photos of the SLE I took at Expo. I really liked embossed foil cabinet and head decals.

IMG_4936 (resized).JPGIMG_4936 (resized).JPG

IMG_4937 (resized).JPGIMG_4937 (resized).JPG

IMG_4939 (resized).JPGIMG_4939 (resized).JPG

IMG_4940 (resized).JPGIMG_4940 (resized).JPG

IMG_4941 (resized).JPGIMG_4941 (resized).JPG

#6380 7 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

While we wait for video here are some photos of the SLE I took at Expo. I really liked embossed foil cabinet and head decals.

Looks amazing!!

#6381 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nothing to complain about here. Just waiting for it to show up so I can set it up and see my customers playing it.

I don't get excited until a game hits the floor. ( learned patience as a test operator )

Depending on when it gets here, I was thinking a small private launch party. Give my regulars a treat.

LTG : )

#6382 7 years ago

It looks phenomenal! They did a great job on the art package.

I'm really excited about this pin. I think Lyman knocks it out of the park again.

Will be exciting to see what he does with the video assets too

#6383 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

True. But there are also a lot of people going to bat for this pin without seeing gameolay, sounds, call outs, or code. But I totally agree, there are people who will bitch and whine no matter what, and most of those peeps have never night a stern nib.

Me personally, the cat woman head cut off from ramp flap doesn't bother me one bit, but you have to admit it's an oversight. An oversight that shouldn't give the green light on a $7500 mass production pin. But like frolic said, we haven't even seen the final game.

#6384 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm in pretty much at 10k ( still substantial$$$) for an LE, and I'm not complaining. The LE is stunning, as well, in person, and just anxious to play the game. Going to be a good January.....

#6385 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It looks phenomenal! They did a great job on the art package.
I'm really excited about this pin. I think Lyman knocks it out of the park again.

Ditto!!!

#6386 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Are any of them them saying anything at all? I'd be quiet about that decision too...

With people like you posting the types of things you do in this thread, many of which are nothing more than trying to shame people who bought the SLE, would you really expect many of them to post in this thread? So you can point out how foolish they are? And tell them how to spend their money?

#6387 7 years ago

I have to admit, that SLE looks amazing. Whoever did the graphic design is really proficient at Photoshop, a true talent indeed. The cabinet work looks awesome with the foil decal work. Not to mention the Jensen audio system - that's an audiophiles choice right there. Great job Stern!

#6388 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Going to be a good January.....

Lets hope the fun starts in January. It wouldnt surprise me if the delays stretch out into Feb or Mar.

#6389 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think it looks great but the big thing is going to be the LCD and the mini LCD with the villains taunting you during play, I know we have several LCD pins already but this the first theme for me that I'm actually excited to see the video, well until Alien comes out. Congratulations to all the SLE owners its a thing of beauty.

#6390 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lets hope the fun starts in January. It wouldnt surprise me if the delays stretch out into Feb or Mar.

They want to announce Aerosmith and have a full slate for 2017. Gotta believe Jan is it for delivery!

#6391 7 years ago

They will use CES as the event to launch Areosmith!

#6392 7 years ago

Wow. Tidbits of info and some amazing photos of the game but holy sheep shat! Some people on here need to get over themselves.
I get that not everyone is thrilled about this pin, or maybe the pricing, or whatever. That's fine. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
Thinking that your opinion is worthy of dominating a 128 page thread, droning on and on, spewing hate, in a thread that's celebrating this pin? It's past sad, all the way through pathetic. Possibly nearing "time to seek help".

Pin looks A-mazing! LE and SLE are out of my price bracket but once Lyman gets his code into it, I could see myself losing sleep, the night before picking up a Premium version from the distributor.

#6393 7 years ago

BM66 looks nice, but still waiting to see video of game play. In the meantime, some good deals have appeared on Pinside. Can't help noticing that for the same price of BM66 SLE, a buyer could have chosen three of the following pins (all HUO & most came with mods) - BDK, LOTR, SM, Transformers LE , XMEN LE and IM. Nice to see many full-featured and well-respected titles are still within reach.

#6394 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you get your game just cut off the bottom portion of the ramp. Problem solved.

If the solution is that easy why hasn't Stern done it?

They may have too but we'll just have to wait till Jan. to find out.

#6395 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Thinking that your opinion is worthy of dominating a 128 page thread, droning on and on, spewing hate, in a thread that's celebrating this pin? It's past sad, all the way through pathetic. Possibly nearing "time to seek help".

Tell us more about how back in July Stern definitely fixed all the playfield issues. You certainly repeated that enough in other threads.

If Stern wants to change the narrative around this game, they need to get out there with new info, new pictures, and new video to stir up excitement. As it stands now, it still hasn't been played by anybody outside of a very small handful of people, the existing pictures are supposedly only of non-production prototypes, and we know very little about what the game is going to do in regards to code and integration with features. If these things are supposed to be shipping real soon, there's no reason why they can't share a few things to control the message around the product a bit more.

And it's not just a Batman '66 thing. Stern does a pretty bad job at controlling the narrative around their products, especially around game launches. Ghostbusters was launched amid tons of rumors of "something must be wrong" or "Stern is hiding something with this one." They go silent for such long stretches that it shows that they either have a lack of confidence in their product or they lack a basic awareness of how product launching and marketing works. Based on George's enthusiasm, I assume it's the latter, because Jody is a dolt.

#6396 7 years ago

Looks like Stern posted a pic of production playfield.. flap still covering the head.. but I think its positive change, and will detract from the small amount of the head you cant see

BM66 (resized).jpgBM66 (resized).jpg

#6397 7 years ago

Gameplay Video is posted. You have to send in a video to explain why you should be lucky enough to see it... and $25 early SLE viewing fee.

#6398 7 years ago

Little shop of games has a BM66.

#6399 7 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I hear dec. 30th for gameplay stream, 6pm EST.

Quoted from labnip:

i heard dec 31 at midnight CST.

What ZenTron said. Batman 66 video stream will be Fri., Dec. 30 @ 5pm CST (6pm EST) live from the Stern factory via Dead Flip.

Jack Danger confirmed this again just today.

#6400 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They go silent for such long stretches that it shows that they either have a lack of confidence in their product or they lack a basic awareness of how product launching and marketing works.

Jar, the problem in this particular thread is that we BM66 SLE and LE buyers didn't appoint you as our consumer reports representative and you're not Stern's Ombudsman. You've made your same points over and over to help save us from Stern. But, your constant wailing about Stern seems fringe to us, or as Chambahz wrote, "time to seek help." We get it, you're outraged at Stern for a number of reasons. There are some other threads dedicated specifically to that, including one that you started, I believe. However, your efforts in this thread seem purposefully calculated at draining the joy from BM66 buyers.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.