PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 142.
#6401 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

What ZenTron said. Batman 66 video stream will be Fri., Dec. 30 @ 5pm CST (6pm EST) live from the Stern factory via Dead Flip.
Jack Danger confirmed this again just today.

New year rocks!!!! btw...the negativity, while annoying as it's incredibly redundant, doesn't bother me. I'm very excited for this game...only way it changes is if, AFTER I have it, gameplay sucks beyond belief. Not gonna happen.

#6402 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Jar, the problem in this particular thread is that we BM66 SLE and LE buyers didn't appoint you as our consumer reports representative and you're not Stern's Ombudsman. You've made your same points over and over to help save us from Stern. But, your constant wailing about Stern seems fringe to us, or as Chambahz wrote, "time to seek help." We get it, you're outraged at Stern for a number of reasons. There are some other threads dedicated specifically to that, including one that you started, I believe. However, your efforts in this thread seem purposefully calculated at draining the joy from BM66 buyers.

It's a new info thread. It's a thread to discuss all aspects of the game. If someone wants a cheerleaders thread, an official/club thread would be for that. I've pointed out the good stuff around this project as well, but Stern has really not given much to work with.

I hope it's great. A local collector is waiting for his. Nobody wants a stinker. But holy jeez, give us something to work with.

---

Ramp flaps appear to be fixed. I wonder how many playfields exist with the old placement. Probably just a small run of test/prototype games. That would probably mean that the Little Shop of Games B66 is a production model.

#6403 7 years ago

Getting my LE from Curly......can't wait!

#6404 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Looks like Stern posted a pic of production playfield.. flap still covering the head.. but I think its positive change, and will detract from the small amount of the head you cant see

I can get over the head issue if they get rid of her boner. I am just not into trannies.

#6405 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

New year rocks!!!! btw...the negativity, while annoying as it's incredibly redundant, doesn't bother me. I'm very excited for this game...only way it changes is if, AFTER I have it, gameplay sucks beyond belief. Not gonna happen.

I don't think it's going to be a stinker. I wouldn't worry about that. It's got the best of BDK (a game I and many others feel is pretty underrated), much improved art, probably a better sound package, and I'm sure better code. The unknown aspects are really about how the features and new screen are going to be tied into things. It's pretty easy to estimate how it will shoot, as it's a fairly basic layout.

#6406 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Wow. Tidbits of info and some amazing photos of the game but holy sheep shat! Some people on here need to get over themselves.
I get that not everyone is thrilled about this pin, or maybe the pricing, or whatever. That's fine. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
Thinking that your opinion is worthy of dominating a 128 page thread, droning on and on, spewing hate, in a thread that's celebrating this pin? It's past sad, all the way through pathetic. Possibly nearing "time to seek help".

It's a f—ing forum, we're here to talk about shit. Everyone who's all worried about the "noise" or whatever is the one that needs to get over it. When there's a video or something there will be like 4 new threads in an hour, chill out.

I swear the whining about the whining is almost the worst, only thing more stupid is this post, that's whining about the whining about the whining.

#6407 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's a f—ing forum, we're here to talk about shit. Everyone who's all worried about the "noise" or whatever is the one that needs to get over it. When there's a video or something there will be like 4 new threads in an hour, chill out.
I swear the whining about the whining is almost the worst, only thing more stupid is this post, that's whining about the whining about the whining.</blockquote

That's sanctimonious coming from you.

#6408 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Tell us more about how back in July Stern definitely fixed all the playfield issues. You certainly repeated that enough in other threads.
If Stern wants to change the narrative around this game, they need to get out there with new info, new pictures, and new video to stir up excitement. As it stands now, it still hasn't been played by anybody outside of a very small handful of people, the existing pictures are supposedly only of non-production prototypes, and we know very little about what the game is going to do in regards to code and integration with features. If these things are supposed to be shipping real soon, there's no reason why they can't share a few things to control the message around the product a bit more.
And it's not just a Batman '66 thing. Stern does a pretty bad job at controlling the narrative around their products, especially around game launches. Ghostbusters was launched amid tons of rumors of "something must be wrong" or "Stern is hiding something with this one." They go silent for such long stretches that it shows that they either have a lack of confidence in their product or they lack a basic awareness of how product launching and marketing works. Based on George's enthusiasm, I assume it's the latter, because Jody is a dolt.

I love how you resort to personal attacks on specific people at Stern. Well done.

You know a lot of us here are really pretty tired of your crap, right?

Seriously, why are you continuing to post ad nauseam in this thread? You have 88 posts (edit...90 posts) in a thread discussing a pin that you have zero interesting in purchasing with nothing but non-stop bashing.

It is beyond ridiculous, and has got to the point of childish trolling. Sad, especially considering how you said in a recent podcast that you were going to start being "more positive."

#6409 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I swear the whining about the whining is almost the worst, only thing more stupid is this post, that's whining about the whining about the whining.

Not when you have a single person virtually taking over the entire thread with his incessant bashing, repeating the same thing over and over and over and over again. 90 posts by someone who has zero interest in ever buying the pin that is the subject of the thread. Do people have a right to give their opinions even if they aren't a buyer? Of course! I am the first one to defend that. But 90 posts? Ridiculous.

But I guess we shouldn't be surprised that you would defend that kind of behavior given what you did with the artwork in the GOT thread.

#6410 7 years ago

Gameplay video

IMG_9851 (resized).PNGIMG_9851 (resized).PNG

#6411 7 years ago

There it is. This time around, let's not make it a point to make Jody hulk out on the stream.

#6412 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Any chance our first video could be from Dead Flip/Jack Danger from the Stern factory like we saw with GOT and GB?

Quoted from jar155:

I expected that, but Jack's lack of an announcement of it coming makes me think that owners get first crack at this. That's kind of cool in a different way, I guess. Pay that much and maybe your first impression should be your own.
That said...I WANT VIDEO!!!

#6413 7 years ago

Well that confirms no one will be getting their games this year!

#6414 7 years ago

Jack Danger should be SLAPPED!!! for cutting and pasting himself into Robin's seat. Bad Bad Bad...

#6415 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Jack Danger should be SLAPPED!!! for cutting and pasting himself into Robin's seat. Bad Bad Bad...

Can't cover the hair with the cowl, man.

If this thing is ready to be streamed, then it can't be too long before it starts going into shipping. A guy in our pinball league has an LE coming, so I'm hoping that's there before the next event at his place in early February. Seems like it should happen, as I imagine that after the holiday break that they'll be pushing these out.

#6416 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not when you have a single person virtually taking over the entire thread with his incessant bashing, repeating the same thing over and over and over and over again. 90 posts by someone who has zero interest in ever buying the pin that is the subject of the thread. Do people have a right to give their opinions even if they aren't a buyer? Of course! I am the first one to defend that. But 90 posts? Ridiculous.
But I guess we shouldn't be surprised that you would defend that kind of behavior given what you did with the artwork in the GOT thread.

So use the ignore button you big baby.

#6417 7 years ago

I'm in on the LE and I'm very excited to get it.

#6418 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm in on the LE and I'm very excited to get it.

Congrats man! I so wanted an LE but just couldn't swing the price. Premium for me.

#6419 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You're absolutely right. Let's support the whining, snivelling, the complaining, the absolute USELESS comments from people who have no interest in actually buying the game. 90+ posts that are absolute crap to read, let alone annoying as Hell -but you want to encourage that?
Give me a freakin break. If you SERIOUSLY think that Pinside is a better place because of this t-r-a-s-h then whatever man. But in my eyes, it is the absolute CANCER of Pinside. It makes for a frustrating read, when threads like these are supposed to be about the excitement of pinball playing and ownership.
If you don't like something, no worries. Go start an "I hate Stern" thread. Oh look! He did that already. -But no reason to have to try to ruin it for everyone else. What we're talking about is FAR, FAR away from a "conflicting viewpoint, or opinion". And if you can't see that, then you're part of the problem.

Plenty of other threads where you can talk trash about whatever you want. LAME, LAME, LAME to be doing it in a thread like this.

#6420 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope.

I prefer to call out the trolls, but thanks for the suggestion!

#6421 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nope.
I prefer to call out the trolls, but thanks for the suggestion!

Too much negativity in this thread. All 80 SLE and 240 LEs are sold out. So I know of at least 319 other people who are excited to get their machines.

Am I happy about the price? Not at all. This is a free country. I am free to buy it or not to buy it. I chose to buy it. I work my ass off and I wanted to treat myself.

#6422 7 years ago

I've not seen it said, but what is the street price on the LE and premium games? Usually you get that $700-$1000 difference from MSRP. The SLEs were direct, so no break, but what about the others?

#6423 7 years ago

Shipped price of a LE was $9,500-$9,700.

So only a few hundred off MSRP.

#6424 7 years ago

The price in NZ was $25k for the SLE, $17k for the LE and $13.6k for the premium.

#6425 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Too much negativity in this thread. All 80 SLE and 240 LEs are sold out. So I know of at least 319 other people who are excited to get their machines.
Am I happy about the price? Not at all. This is a free country. I am free to buy it or not to buy it. I chose to buy it. I work my ass off and I wanted to treat myself.

Yep, I'm one of the 319.

Chambahz and RobT are right, critiquing a pinball machine is one thing, I always like to get differing opinions and viewpoints, but the incessant BITCHING and WHINING, is F ing out of control at times.

It's not just the general idea of WHINING, its what some you guys are F ing whining about. WTF, a ramp flap covering part of Catwoman's head! Gomez said it would fixed and all we get is 2 months of non stop crying about it.

If the pin sucks gameplay wise then I'll show you something to really bitch about.

#6426 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So use the ignore button you big baby.</

You know I use to have a lot more respect for some of your comments because of your knowledge. Not anymore. Now you just sound like a bully.

#6427 7 years ago

catfight-poster (resized).jpgcatfight-poster (resized).jpg

#6428 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I completely agree and I'm with you! Been watching Batman since I was a kid. It's timeless! Super excited about getting this machine. This is going to be spectacular! I bought this machine for 2 reasons: the theme and Lyman is handling the code. Anything he works on, I go after, especially after playing TWD.
Does anybody have anything bad to say about his work?

#6429 7 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Does anybody have anything bad to say about his work?

Keith Johnson is responsible for the deepest code in pinball, but I think Lyman is responsible for the most fun code in pinball. If I had to pick a single programmer to work on a game that I had money on, it would be Lyman. He might work a bit slower than other programmers, but his code is incredible by the time he calls it complete.

#6430 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Keith Johnson is responsible for the deepest code in pinball, but I think Lyman is responsible for the most fun code in pinball. If I had to pick a single programmer to work on a game that I had money on, it would be Lyman. He might work a bit slower than other programmers, but his code is incredible by the time he calls it complete.

I agree Jar. My expectations for complete code upon release of this game is low. (Yeah yeah I get it, "for what you're paying you should get complete code!") But what I'm hoping for is another masterpiece like TWD and that takes time. At least that's how it went down with TWD. I don't think it was an accident that GARY stern put his top guy on his anniversary pin but I could be wrong. I usually am!

#6431 7 years ago

Count me among the lucky ones who are looking forward to getting this pin. The incessant bitching about a pin nobody has seen is nothing short of amazing. But then insulting those who decided to take a leap of faith on it is beyond lame. I believe with Stern making this their 30th anniversary "piece de resistance" that it will be super cool. If we got it wrong, we'll be ridiculed enough for the cash we shelled out. In the meantime, I'm happy to see others excited to get their pins (hopefully) in January!

#6432 7 years ago

Me too - can't wait! I think this game is going to be a hit!

#6433 7 years ago

IMG_3590 (resized).pngIMG_3590 (resized).png

IMG_3594 (resized).PNGIMG_3594 (resized).PNG

#6434 7 years ago

Now that's how you end this year and start the new year with BM66 gameplay

Just wondering have you guys in the US been asked by your distributors to pay remaining/full balance?

#6435 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just wondering have you guys in the US been asked by your distributors to pay remaining/full balance?

Couple weeks ago for me

#6436 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

And if you don't lock in the 2016 price any new orders go up. Nice trick.

#6437 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

And if you don't lock in the 2016 price any new orders go up. Nice trick.

Really?!! Stern's price increase takes place next year for sure? Anyone have an idea of how much more per pin?

#6438 7 years ago

My Dealer hasn't asked me yet!! I'm in for a "gadget"LE may take longer to get! I hear the PRe's are coming out first! This makes no sense! I also heard late Feb,early March for the LEs!

#6439 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'm in for a "gadget"LE

120 LE's will be based on episode titles and 120 will be bat gadgets. I don't think you get to pick which LE style you get. As mom always said "You get what you get and you dont get upset".

At expo Gomez thought there might be some trading going on between owners. Not sure how many people will bother unscrewing their plaques and trading with someone else. You would have to find someone else with a title/gadget plaque they didnt like that happened to like yours.

#6440 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

90 posts by someone who has zero interest in ever buying the pin that is the subject of the thread. Do people have a right to give their opinions even if they aren't a buyer? Of course! I am the first one to defend that. But 90 posts? Ridiculous.

Quoted from Chambahz:

et's support the whining, snivelling, the complaining, the absolute USELESS comments from people who have no interest in actually buying the game.

90 posts in 6400 comments is less than 2 percent of the posts in this thread. I've made 145 posts in this topic (which is a very surprising number to me because I rarely check this thread).

We are all potential buyers and more likely all players. A miss in QC or PR on one game has the potential to affect future sales so everyone's opinions should matter.

The best tactic if someone is annoying you is to ignore them. It's hard for a person to have a conversation by themself for very long.

#6441 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The best tactic if someone is annoying you is to ignore them. It's hard for a person to have a conversation by themself for very long.

ignoring takes all the fun out of this site, face it head on and pass judgment, that's the ticket.

#6442 7 years ago

New Stern FB vid shows work being done on BM66

#6443 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

90 posts in 6400 comments is less than 2 percent of the posts in this thread. I've made 145 posts in this topic (which is a very surprising number to me because I rarely check this thread).
We are all potential buyers and more likely all players. A miss in QC or PR on one game has the potential to affect future sales so everyone's opinions should matter.

Never mind that in those 90 some odd posts that I've had good things to say about the game as well. I've also shared info about the game that I've received from people who are 100% in the know.

Anyway...last time Stern did the reveal stream for Ghostbusters they answered a lot of questions in the chat, despite the whole "I am Spartacus/kpg/kaneda" silliness. There's a good opportunity next week to understand a lot about the game's finer details and what future plans are if we don't wreck the chat. I'd love to know of the SLEs how many went to the invited buyers and how many were through submissions. When it was 30, it seemed like 20+ accepted the invitation to buy, based on the initial video submission contest and how it was worded. When it upped to 80, I don't know if all buyers came from video submission or how that was handled.

#6444 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

New Stern FB vid shows work being done on BM66

Thanks. Ramp flap doesn't cover catwoman anymore. I can finally sleep at night!!

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 1.14.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-12-20 at 1.14.42 PM (resized).png

#6445 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thanks. Ramp flap doesn't cover catwoman anymore. I can finally sleep at night!!

I am very surprised. that's awesome!

#6446 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Awesome news, I haven't slept for weeks because of that now I know it's fixed I can....

#6447 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It might have been a small issue and trivial to some buyers, but it is great to see Stern actually giving a shit over the finer details and I applaud them for that it's the perfect show of attention to detail what with all the QC issues recently

#6448 7 years ago

Nice!!! Looks like we will be getting our games soon.

#6449 7 years ago

My dealer has a alotment to sell!! this is not random choice! if your not in at time of deposit,then ?? There all sold now,so well see!!!

#6450 7 years ago

Direct Link to Today's Stern Factory tour with Batman '66 on the line:

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10154827406144244/

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.