PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 142.
#2301 7 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Heighway Pinball's Full Throttle was a complete bust too! Once again, they agreed that the one I got was a dud, and I got a full refund.

Is that the same one that you tried to sell on the Canadian pinball forum for $9600 because "This game is so not for me"?

I don't recall any information being disclosed about it being a "dud" or not working properly. Good thing you returned it, instead of selling a "dud" to another collector.

#2302 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bringing games back from the dead felt good. Fixing your own issues felt good. Playing a game you did a kick ass fix/tweak/restore was extremely satisfying!!!

+1. Better then any nib smell (especially re-imports)
IMG_6723_0 (resized).jpgIMG_6723_0 (resized).jpg

#2303 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Seriously man, I feel bad for his keyboard right now, it took quite the beating!

Oh he killed it and with all this talk of Home pin, if they pull a GB fiasco for their first pin they will be out of business before they even get started.

13799484.1178748.gif13799484.1178748.gif

#2304 7 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Oh he killed it and with all this talk of Home pin, if they pull a GB fiasco for their first pin they will be out of business before they even get started.

Man that is hilarious guntrooper! If I could give you 10 up votes I would!

#2305 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well said. Many of the post-2011 collectors come from a completely different style of "doing this hobby". "Back in the day", NIB Sterns were barely relevant. Sure, every so often someone had an LOTR or TSPP because of their great (deserved) reputation...but even so, collectors would curmudgeonly own them & complain about how Stern's were cheap, clunky, had bad photoshop art, had low res dotty printing, thinner plastic, etc etc. Most people with Stern pins got them cheap at auctions or on Craigslist. POTC seems to be when collectors started taking Stern a bit more seriously, as they finally had a great toy that rivaled B/W, a theme their family dug & the SAM system finally had Stern's sounding and playing more like B/W. Spider-Man also got collectors into Stern with Ritchie/Lyman kicking ass and a loved theme.
But yeah - part of having a pin collection was FIXING stuff! Learning from friends. Learning from online guides. Helping others. This whole "buy all NIB!" was NOT how hobbying went. Bringing games back from the dead felt good. Fixing your own issues felt good. Playing a game you did a kick ass fix/tweak/restore was extremely satisfying!!!

Yep, I got into the hobby in 2009. Wide eyed and a want list that didn't have a single Stern on it. I played The Simpsons Pinball Party on location in horrible condition and all I saw was a dotty cabinet and a 'clunky' feel to it. When Stern announced AC/DC in 2012, I decided to do the unthinkable and buy a new in box game that I previously said was complete madness paying that much money. I was hooked after that. The Stern code seemed to keep me coming back again and again compared to the code of the 90s games.

I've ticked off the older games on my want list, other than Data East Back to the Future. It's a rarity in Australia and prices for it have pretty much doubled on that game. I'm still keen on sourcing a project game, but even then the seller will probably want a small fortune purely for the title....so why am I now more focused on newer Stern games? The fun and longevity. I'm also at a stage now where I've satisfied my urge for re-building old games. It's nice to just plug a game in and have it play, or lift the playfield and not get covered in black grime.

Quoted from unigroove:

I was actually thinking the same thing. If they would buy the game back for costs + shipping within 18 month, in theory you could own it for a year, have them pick it up again, get paid and it wouldn't cost you a penny. Pretty sure that won't happen, but it did make me wonder.
As for when the market will correct itself: as soon as a manufacturer that can build a fun and challenging game at a reasonable price in high quantities with a proper distribution network. The operators market is up for grabs. First one with a game that costs less than Stern's Pros and makes more money has a future.

This is another reason why I buy Stern games in Australia at the moment. They are regularly releasing games and I can get on the phone to my distributor, pay a deposit and know that he's going to send it out to me hassle free when it arrives. We also have a good Jersey Jack distributor here and I'd have no problem ordering through him as well, but JJP games still aren't being released every 4 months. I'd love a Big Lebowski, but have removed it from my mind until the day comes that we have a distributor here. I'm not keen on sending money overseas and then waiting months/years for a game to arrive.

Back to Batman....it seems like Premium pricing is now LE pricing in Australia for that title and it's just way too much money for a sight unseen game.

#2306 7 years ago

I buy my pins if i like the theme and the gameplay. Its not an investment. Although the value has dropped alot on wwe le, with the new code, is one awesome game. Give it a try.

#2307 7 years ago

I will hold judgement on Sterns pricing untill their next release, it's still to early to determine if the Batman 66 is just a one off hike or if future Pro/premium/Le will now be all priced $2k more. If the latter is true the biggest losers are the playing public and operators. Pinball is not exactly the best option for operators now against cheaper, higher earning claw machines and the like. Add a couple of grand to the outlay and I can see even the most pin friendly operators ditching stern and either dropping pinball altogether or going back to b/w titles, which will take similar earnings at far lower capital investment. If this turns out to be the case then it is a really shame for the hobby as a whole. Location pinball is still a lot more fun then having your own arcade at home. I have 5 games in the collection and still go out to our local arcade a couple of times a week, because it's a much more social and engaging way to enjoy pinball.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if this pricing is the new norm for stern. With the US dollar being so strong lately, many collectors around the world have already being paying north of 12k for nib Le sterns. My guess would be that the American market is easily bigger enough to handle 250 or more 10k limited edition sterns if the theme and game are appealing. So by selling at 8k Stern has been leaving money on the table. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Stern had priced GB le at close to 15k they would of still probably sold out. The most price sensitive market is going to be the premiums and pro buyers, Stern will need to tread a lot more carefully with future titles to avoid loosing volume in this market. I think premium sales in particular have been a good high margin source of income for stern over the last couple of years, so maybe the batman pricing is a one off and they will rein in the prices on future releases.

#2308 7 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

I will hold judgement on Sterns pricing untill their next release, it's still to early to determine if the Batman 66 is just a one off hike or if future Pro/premium/Le will now be all priced $2k more. If the latter is true the biggest losers are the playing public and operators.

Just from the little bits of info we've gotten, that Stern does not call this a "cornerstone" release, it does seem to be an evolution of their business model and more "boutique" pins. If so, the economies of scale are at play here. Perhaps they do really intend to sell under 1000 of these, all-in, and the development costs per unit are higher.

I'll just say, for the Stern folk reading this, that it was a mistake to release so little information. If this is a boutique release, for "us" (Pinside / hardcore collectors)... you can't dismiss Pinside then, and you can't be upset that in the information vacuum the higher price of this game is the only thing being discussed, because there is little else to talk about.

#2309 7 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Although the value has dropped alot on wwe le, with the new code, is one awesome game. Give it a try.

You could not pay me to own a WWE, it has plummeted in pricing for a reason. I also noticed you have a Avengers pin on your wishlist. Save your money and buy a Pro or LE-do not waste your time or money on the pin.

Quoted from SimonBaird:

Pinball is not exactly the best option for operators now against cheaper, higher earning claw machines and the like. Add a couple of grand to the outlay and I can see even the most pin friendly operators ditching stern and either dropping pinball altogether or going back to b/w titles, which will take similar earnings at far lower capital investment. If this turns out to be the case then it is a really shame for the hobby as a whole.

This is another prime example of why a Batmann 66 Pro priced below 5k would have done well and help operators with attracting new players. WOZ has proven to be a top earner for operators because of the "attraction" with color changing LED's and LCD display. I think Batmann 66 has the same potential to become a high earner and help offset all the toy cranes and redemption games. An operator has to think about their ROI and having a high priced premium will damper potential sales from operators. I still am curious how Stern is going to justify a $15,000 price tag? I have a feeling it is going to be a shit show after the reveal. The rails would literally have to plated in 24k Gold for me to justify the price.

#2310 7 years ago

I'm going to throw this question out there for all the people upset about being "priced out" of NIB:

If this is a boutique release, and not representative of Stern's "cornerstone" releases, and that their next big title will return closer to GB prices and have Pro/Prem/LE... would that satisfy you?

#2311 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm going to throw this question out there for all the people upset about being "priced out" of NIB:
If this is a boutique release, and not representative of Stern's "cornerstone" releases, and that their next big title will return closer to GB prices and have Pro/Prem/LE... would that satisfy you?

Ok I get that this is a "special release" and not a "cornerstone release"

My issue is the substantial unjustified pricing increase. How much really went into doing a re-design on an already designed pinball machine? It is a modified vault for chr&%$ sake. Stern should have priced them accordingly and if they were to offer a "Special LE" it should have been priced the same as the LE and they could still do their three ring circus marketing with a party with sword swallowers and magicians. Only 30 lucky winners of the contest would receive a special LE at the same price and nobody feels alienated. It is the price gouging that is pissing everyone off and rightfully so.

As for being "priced out" that is not the case, plenty of people have plenty of money-it is the "principle" of it all. These pricing structures simply do not support the product being sold.

#2312 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

would that satisfy you?

... pinheads will never be satisfied :/

#2313 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

... pinheads will never be satisfied :/

Ain't that the truth brother

I am beginning to feel like I have a disease instead of an addiction :/

#2314 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Thats because you're a <1 yr member
Unless you were someone else before?

I'm not sick of Stern or looking for a new hobby.

You asked, I answered.

#2315 7 years ago

Sit, Boo-Boo, sit. Good dog!

#2316 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Sit, Boo-Boo, sit. Good dog!

We are almost to "shoo, go away" - Building up to it.

#2317 7 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

I will hold judgement on Sterns pricing untill their next release, it's still to early to determine if the Batman 66 is just a one off hike or if future Pro/premium/Le will now be all priced $2k more.

I agree, no one knows for sure if this is the new pricing for Stern, there's no pro so this is a specialty item, I'll wait to see what happens with the next game and then laugh if its Star Wars with this pricing and it too sells out fast which I'm pretty sure it will, if its too hot in the kitchen stay away from the cook.

#2318 7 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

We are almost to "shoo, go away" - Building up to it.

His avatar is a dog. The quote is from a television production company's tag line we've all watched growing up after many shows.

Learn.

#2319 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If this is really something of a boutique nature and not indicative of a regular Stern release than Stern should alter their branding to reflect this as it's blurring the lines between standard "cornerstone" and boutique. Something as simple as a different logo or name branding would help differentiate between the two. Car makers do this all the time. If Stern is producing a "Lexus" instead of a "Toyota" than they should change their branding to reflect this. It also doesn't help that they are using the "Premium" moniker. If it's boutique just call the game a standard and be done with it. Not that this really makes that big of a difference but the pricing caught me off guard as this seemed to me to be more of a regular Stern release vs. something of a boutique nature. If Stern could assure us that pricing would go back to Ghostbusters level on the next cornerstone title I think that would help a lot. I always assumed the reason they raised their prices with Ghostbusters was to prepare buyers for the next game which had an LCD. Another price increase is too much for me to justify.

#2320 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If this is really something of a boutique nature and not indicative of a regular Stern release than Stern should alter their branding to reflect this as it's blurring the lines between standard "cornerstone" and boutique. Something as simple as a different logo or name branding would help differentiate between the two. Car makers do this all the time. If Stern is producing a "Lexus" instead of a "Toyota" than they should change their branding to reflect this. It also doesn't help that they are using the "Premium" moniker. If it's boutique just call the game a standard and be done with it. Not that this really makes that big of a difference but the pricing caught me off guard as this seemed to me to be more of a regular Stern release vs. something of a boutique nature. If Stern could assure us that pricing would go back to Ghostbusters level on the next cornerstone title I think that would help a lot. I always assumed the reason they raised their prices with Ghostbusters was to prepare buyers for the next game which had an LCD. Another price increase is too much for me to justify.

They did. It's a Stern/Kapow! co-production.

#2321 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think it comes down to the pricing of the pro and premium. They can charge all they want for LE's but as long as there is a premium available that plays the same as the LE I think most will be content. Nobody really seemed to complain about the GB pricing so if they go back to that people will be praising Stern.

#2322 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

They did. It's a Stern/Kapow! co-production.

I think it would help if Stern would identify exactly what differentiates a Stern/Kapow! release from a standard release aside from price. I just assumed the "Kapow" was just a one time licensing thing but maybe they had a larger role than that? If it's going to be a new line of games going forward they should state that up-front. I still think including a model called the "Premium" is a mistake on this game as that causes collector's to compare the game against other "Premium" titles of the past. I would have called it something else (maybe Kapow! Standard) to differentiate it.

#2323 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It is strange that GB is the only cornerstone release in 2016 for Stern.

SMVE was a small remake, and now we are getting this rumor that BM66 is a special boutique like game.

In 2015, they had cornerstone games WWE, KISS, and GOT...plus the boutique Whoa Nellie.

#2324 7 years ago

Did we all lose our minds when Spiderman VE was released at Premium pricing? Yes. Did things go back to normal for the next release? Yes. Will the next Stern release after Batman see a price rise? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think we've forgotten that this is basically a VE release in different clothing. I'm guessing that Stern are going to try new things like this with future VE titles depending on its success. 12 months time, George Gomez is back with Lord of the Rings, color display, stereo sound, new high resolution cabinet decals, updated translite and new playfield artwork? This is an exciting time for Stern releases.

#2325 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

See, back in the day for us old schoolers, this really wasn't an option. If you didn't know how to fix your own stuff, you were not playing. You didn't have parts, so you would have to buy or find 2 or 3 versions of the game and combine to try and save 1. You guys today, have it easy and don't even know. NIB was for operators. Very rarely was it for home collectors. We would buy the reasonable priced stuff that was on route, and make it nice again. That's all we had to go on. You couldn't get into this hobby without knowledge or the ability to want to know. That's why we have so many unknowledgeable people in the hobby now, it's more about throwing cash around, than understanding how things really work, or the real art of it all.

Thanks, but I know it is different these days then it was in the good ol' days, where real men fixed pinball machines with their teeth and a bit of twine. I got my first two pins in '98, and before that had vids, so while not collecting as long as some people on here, I have been around for a bit.

But, that was then, this is now. In some ways the hobby is better (new machines coming out, some revival on location with barcades, etc), some ways it is worse (price of machines). You can't turn back the clock though, NIB purchasing is now part of the hobby and here to stay, and this "old school" pinball "I am better than you because I got started before the boom" stuff is elitist and tired. If you weren't posting on RGP when you still had to use nntp somehow your opinion is less valuable

#2326 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

His avatar is a dog. The quote is from a television production company's tag line we've all watched growing up after many shows.
Learn.

I got it.

I know you're a Stern lover Kirk and that's okay. I like their products too. The issue is they have really dropped the ball lately, to epic proportions. We as consumers should hold manufacturers to a standard. When we follow companies blindly and don't question when quality has become an issue we become sheep. We deserve more from Stern. Period.

#2327 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Did we all lose our minds when Spiderman VE was released at Premium pricing? Yes. Did things go back to normal for the next release? Yes. Will the next Stern release after Batman see a price rise? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I think we've forgotten that this is basically a VE release in different clothing. I'm guessing that Stern are going to try new things like this with future VE titles depending on its success. 12 months time, George Gomez is back with Lord of the Rings, color display, stereo sound, new high resolution cabinet decals, updated translite and new playfield artwork? This is an exciting time for Stern releases.

Back to normal? What is back to normal? You mean enforcing minimum pricing on distributors? Pushing pro pricing to 5K? Charging $499 for a topper?

There is no normal when it comes to NIB pricing

#2328 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I got it.
I know you're a Stern lover Kirk and that's okay. I like their products too. The issue is they have really dropped the ball lately, to epic proportions. We as consumers should hold manufacturers to a standard. When we follow companies blindly and don't question when quality has become an issue we become sheep. We deserve more from Stern. Period.

They dropped the ball on the ghosting issue.

The did NOT drop the ball on their pricing and model decisions on Batman '66. It is simply a case of over-privileged Pinsiders bitching about a pin they finally can't afford. Oh, the horror!

First world problems.

#2329 7 years ago

Its going to be a long wait with no info until October.

#2330 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My issue is the substantial unjustified pricing increase. How much really went into doing a re-design on an already designed pinball machine? It is a modified vault for chr&%$ sake

Did you learn from the Vault Edition Releases? They were cheaper games to develop too.. yet you didn't see any discount for them. Did you seriously think when the LCD came out the price WOULDN'T go up?

I get people don't like the price.. but this shouldn't be any news to people.

#2331 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

As for being "priced out" that is not the case, plenty of people have plenty of money-it is the "principle" of it all. These pricing structures simply do not support the product being sold.

They are selling the 30 SLE's for $15k and people are lined up to buy it.

They have sold all 240 LE's for $10k.

This is a boutique, special anniversary offering. You don't like it, plenty of others do. The "unjustified" price increase? You haven't seen it yet, you don't know. I would rather NOT pay $9500 for the LE but I get how they "justified" the price.

It's real simple, once again, Stern announces GBLE at approx. $8k street price. People fall all over themselves to buy one so they can flip it for $9500 to $10k.

They made 500 of those, 240 of Batman, with MUCH MORE bill of material than GBLE. Now tell me again how its not "justified" for the 240 LE's that would have sold for that much on the secondary market?

For the "cornerstone" games, they are going back to NORMAL pricing. It doesn't seem to matter to Stern that they haven't publicly put this info out there. Maybe they should, maybe they shouldn't.

I have "justified" the price increase for me. Sure, I would rather pay less, but I want this LE pin, period. And I dropped my RZ because of it.

Going forward, I'm not on the list for buying $10k pinball machines, from anybody. It would take the right combo of theme, developer and software.

#2332 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Back to normal? What is back to normal? You mean enforcing minimum pricing on distributors? Pushing pro pricing to 5K? Charging $499 for a topper?
There is no normal when it comes to NIB pricing

By normal I meant "pinball normal". Higher prices until the bubble bursts...Oooh I mentioned the dirty word.

#2333 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is strange that GB is the only cornerstone release in 2016 for Stern.

We should count 'New Factory' as a release for 2016 Clearly that move and whatever other business/supply chain things Stern has been doing impacted their game releases this year.

#2334 7 years ago

Let me highlight it one more time succinctly.

GBLE $8k. People falling over themselves to buy so they could flip it for $9500-$10k 500 units

BM66LE $9500. With an LCD that is huge for me, another great theme and 240 units.

Hard to understand? You have to really want the pin because the "flipper profit" is gone.

Yet you see a couple of dopes listing the LE for $11k!! What a f ing joke.

#2335 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

They dropped the ball on the ghosting issue.
The did NOT drop the ball on their pricing and model decisions on Batman '66. It is simply a case of over-privileged Pinsiders bitching about a pin they finally can't afford. Oh, the horror!
First world problems.

I never said anything about Batman '66.

It's way more than the ghosting issue. It's a PF issue. An overall quality issue. A lack of QC issue. A communication issue. Prices went up, quality went down. There's no debating that.

Yeah we're very lucky individuals that we can complain about multi-thousand dollar toys. I'm very thankful for that. I know the vast majority here work damn hard and have for years to be able to afford these. It has nothing whatsoever to do with privelage. It's about getting a quality product. That is not happening right now. End of discussion.

#2336 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They are selling the 30 SLE's for $15k and people are lined up to buy it.

I disagree, so far only 4 videos of guys wanting SLE's and one rage video. After the first week I would have expected more but that's it. So presumably 26 more available. The plus side of this marketing train wreck is that we get to see the guys begging and grovelling for an SLE and have a good laugh. " Oh please, pick me. I want the honor of buying your pin". Sad....Very Sad.

#2337 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I disagree, so far only 4 videos of guys wanting SLE's and one rage video. After the first week I would have expected more but that's it. So presumably 26 more available. The plus side of this marketing train wreck is that we get to see the guys begging and grovelling for an SLE and have a good laugh. " Oh please, pick me. I want the honor of buying your pin". Sad....Very Sad.

It is funny, but hey, different motivations for different people. I wouldn't want the SLE but 30 people will. Those videos are just the you tube video. There is no telling how many Stern has received privately.

And plenty of people that aren't pinheads think its "very sad" and/or "stupid" that a grown man would spend any amount of money on a pinball machine.

#2338 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I never said anything about Batman '66.

This whole thread is about Batman '66.

The post that I was originally replying to was not yours. You jumped in. So you can't say "I wasn't talking about Batman '66".

#2339 7 years ago

I agree and I don't think people are lining up to buy it either. I think it is just Stern hyping up their own release (price pumping) and claiming that they already have hundreds of videos submitted already.-If this were the case you'd think more videos would be publicly accessible on Youtube. Somehow I think that most if not all people that are willing to shell out $15K on the game will somehow be "winners" and be granted the privilege to buy one. And as for the 240 standard LE's I think it's pretty much a given that just about any new Stern LE release sells out to distributors right away. How many people do you personally know that are buying one? I know plenty of people personally that bought GBLE but I don't know anyone aside from a handful of posters on Pinside that are actually buying BM66 LE. Maybe this will change though once pics and more details are revealed.

#2340 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

This whole thread is about Batman '66.
The post that I was originally replying to was not yours. You jumped in. So you can't say "I wasn't talking about Batman '66".

Yeah actually I can. Because I wasn't talking about Batman '66. You said you weren't losing interest in Stern (laughable by the way) and I responded to that. A lot of people are. Another fact that I'm sure you'll debate.

Go back and think of the next username you want to switch to. You are wearing this one out fast too.

#2341 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Learn.

It's Ubu. We can all learn something.

#2342 7 years ago

They have over 150 apps in already. And there are 11 days left.

Pinside's endless crybabies are a tiny, tiny portion of the pinball community.

You guys need to go on the wristwatch forums and start raging about how stupid the watch companies are for offering their top customers super limited editions (for 100 years now) and see how that working out for them. Then ask the top auto makers. The ask the top pen makers.

Batman66 LE's and Super LE's are going to have way less supply than demand. Star Wars supposedly already has 600 deposits on it and its still prolly 4 or 5 months from getting announced.

Yeah, Stern doesn't know what they are doing, but they have made themselves the only viable pinball producer. Every there one, From JJP on down, is hanging by a thread.

You guys doing the endless, non stop complaining should get together, start building some super high quality pins, with desirable themes, and sell them for $3500 retail. You'd rule the pinball world, right? Right?

#2343 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

They have over 150 apps in already. And there are 11 days left.

according to whom....Stern?

#2344 7 years ago

Him. He sent in 150. Lolz.

#2345 7 years ago

1) what is on pinside does not define what is done
2) not every SLE is open to the application based buyers so your count is horribly wrong
3) the non-bitter world doesn't agree with your groveling analysis

Heaven forbid someone actually just have FUN with something. A bunch of fucking hens this site can be at times.

#2346 7 years ago

If there were really over 150 apps w/ videos submitted to Stern we'd see a much larger sampling of videos publicly searchable on Youtube. Yes I know there are other video hosting options and the ability to make videos private but most people go with what's known and easy. Just try to act surprised when both Jim Tracy and T3 Enterprises somehow are "lucky" enough to win the contest!

#2347 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If there were really over 150 apps w/ videos submitted to Stern we'd see a much larger sampling of videos publicly searchable on Youtube.

Do you really think people are putting "stern pinball batman application video" as the title or tags?

sour grapes
phrase of sour
used to refer to an attitude in which someone adopts a negative attitude to something because they cannot have it themselves.

#2348 7 years ago

I think the application is hilarious. Someone at Stern is going "Hey, wanna see Pinsiders go battle royale on each other? Let's make an application to buy this pin. Heh"

I guess it's more fun to compete. The competing, in this case, is who's the bigger pinhead worthy of the priv of buying a pin that's in the 5 figure range. Heh.

Well played, Stern.

#2349 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Do you really think people are putting "stern pinball batman application video" as the title or tags?
sour grapes
phrase of sour
used to refer to an attitude in which someone adopts a negative attitude to something because they cannot have it themselves.

Yes, I think more than 2/150 would want to make their application video public and easily searchable. I know if I were applying I'd want my video to have as much attention/hits as possible to increase my chances of winning instead of keeping it a secret. It's not sour grapes at all. I think it's just a matter of Stern trying to artificially create demand by trying to over-hype this thing. If this pin was really such a hot seller you'd think I would personally know at least one person that is planning to get one. I'm just not seeing a Ghostbuster's type frenzy on this game even though Stern is trying to make it seem that way.

#2350 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

1) what is on pinside does not define what is done
2) not every SLE is open to the application based buyers so your count is horribly wrong
3) the non-bitter world doesn't agree with your groveling analysis

Heaven forbid someone actually just have FUN with something. A bunch of fucking hens this site can be at times.

For the Following points

1) I won't bother arguing that one.
2) Pure speculation on your part, however if the number of SLE's that are made open to the application process is less than the 30 then it would make sense for Stern to announce that. It would make it even more rare and desirable to the collector.
3) If you are referring to the cleaned up and sterilized facebook page that Stern has, I could see how you think that everyone just loves Stern and everything is just peachy. Sadly not the case. This thread at least isn't being censored by Stern.

Us "fucking hens" are actually having FUN. We are making fun of the grovelling people begging for their precious SLE's.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.