PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 142.
#4751 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Heard it's Pulp Fiction by Mark Ritchie

WTF? I hope it's true but I doubt it from Stern.

I might even make a stupid video begging Stern to let me buy the SLE.

#4752 7 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

George said Lyman is working on Batman til he's done - not working on anything else

At those prices.....he better!

angrymob (resized).jpgangrymob (resized).jpg

#4753 7 years ago

I was at Expo, here's my quick take:

- SLE cabinet looks very cool in person. In fact, best cabinet I've ever seen - sorry Jpop Artwork, pin striping just excellent job.
- SLE speaker grill, backglass and topper thumbs up (really need after market of this for LE and premium)
- Playfield layout - ouch. It's BDK. Yes, there should be some flow because tumbler gone and path of the dead - should speed game up. So those are both pluses. I was disappointed at the new spinning can replacement. In this one case, pics look better than it does in person.
- LCD looks like the perfect size going forward for all Stern games.
- Only in attract mode.

I'm a Batman 66 fan, but play field reinforces - FOR ME - have to wait. That play field looks so sparse in person. Code and LCD are gonna have to rock to justify an even aftermarket purchase for me. I really hope it becomes something special.

Talking to people who are not pinheads, showed them play fields on Batman66 then WOZ, Hobbit and Dialed In and they said Batman66 was the lower priced of the four.

#4754 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Code and LCD are gonna have to rock to justify an even aftermarket purchase for me. I really hope it becomes something special.

That's what I'm counting on Billy, code will be A++++ and integration and immersion with the theme via the LCD should be special.

You know what can happen with an ok layout and phenomenal code by Mr. Sheets. I personally like the layout but get what you are saying, wish you guys could have played it.

30th anniversary, 1st LCD, gorgeous pin, Lyman, and great theme, that sealed the deal for me.

#4755 7 years ago

I've put the SLE out of my mind, it no longer exists.

If I judge the LE by "Stern LE standards" we are getting a topper included, which is not normal, plus the usual armor, LE art package, numbered game (in this case done in an original way), signatures. We're also getting a color LCD, so I don't need to buy a color dmd. Still a stretch on price, but this is a "real LE" in that there is actually limited numbers, and I suspect they'll hold at value (not sure about SLE but don't care).

The overall package is quite nice and I'm excited about it.

Would have liked to have seen the game play at expo, but Stern of all companies don't have to convince me they can get it done. If Lyman wasn't ready for people to play it, he's earned my trust to make that call.

#4756 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I was at Expo, here's my quick take:
- SLE cabinet looks very cool in person. In fact, best cabinet I've ever seen - sorry Jpop . Artwork, pin striping just excellent job.
- SLE speaker grill, backglass and topper thumbs up (really need after market of this for LE and premium)
- Playfield layout - ouch. It's BDK. Yes, there should be some flow because tumbler gone and path of the dead - should speed game up. So those are both pluses. I was disappointed at the new spinning can replacement. In this one case, pics look better than it does in person.
- LCD looks like the perfect size going forward for all Stern games.
- Only in attract mode.
I'm a Batman 66 fan, but play field reinforces - FOR ME - have to wait. That play field looks so sparse in person. Code and LCD are gonna have to rock to justify an even aftermarket purchase for me. I really hope it becomes something special.
Talking to people who are not pinheads, showed them play fields on Batman66 then WOZ, Hobbit and Dialed In and they said Batman66 was the lower priced of the four.

Thanks for the honest feedback. Im not locking in my order until I see good gameplay video. (Still cant believe some US distributors are insisting on no refund deposits).

#4757 7 years ago

Gomez was passionate about Bowel Movement 66?

Yeah that guy was passionate about Transformers & Avengers too.

Gary's favorite game is whatever is on the production line & I suspect the same is said by Gomez now days.

Pretty sure Steve Ritchie said Game of Thrones was his favorite rock band of all time too (JK).

Damn I'm doing it again. Trolling. Sorry guys. I'm just all sour grapes over this Dialed in & BM66 kick in the scroty.

#4758 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yeah that guy was passionate about Transformers & Avengers too.
Gary's favorite game is whatever is on the production line & I suspect the same is said by Gomez now days.

man it's almost as if they're trying to sell you something?!?

#4759 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If I judge the LE by "Stern LE standards" we are getting a topper included, which is not normal, plus the usual armor, LE art package, numbered game (in this case done in an original way), signatures. We're also getting a color LCD, so I don't need to buy a color dmd. Still a stretch on price, but this is a "real LE" in that there is actually limited numbers, and I suspect they'll hold at value (not sure about SLE but don't care).
The overall package is quite nice and I'm excited about it.

That's not 100% fair. You're leaving more out. The extra price also bought you a signed photo and meet and greet if Adam West. I don't value it tremendously but it was still super cool. Next, This LCD looks way nicer than a color Dmd. It's the perfect size and location. No contest. The armor also isn't exactly standard LE as it is wing themed and speckled. Isn't the GBLE slimer armor simply green with lollipops?

Lastly, and probably most importantly how many Stern LE titles had *only* 240? Kinda scary how it all starts to sound a lot more (gasp!) reasonable at $9,600 USD street.

#4760 7 years ago

Are we getting "real" back glasses on either/both of the LE's?

#4761 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Are we getting "real" back glasses on either/both of the LE's?

No.

#4762 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

The armor also isn't exactly standard LE as it is wing themed and speckled. Isn't the GBLE slimer armor simply green with lollipops?

ACDC LE armor. Star Trek LE armor. Fancy cutouts aren't a new thing.

What was impressive was the decals on the Super LE. Put those on a game that isn't a ridiculous $15k Stern!

#4763 7 years ago

I mentioned on another thread that as much as I love the theme of this game, for that super LE money you could probably do a very nice retheme on your own (or with some paid help from hardcore folks in this community -- like the awesome Buffy retheme team). The Stern/Kapow art assets have the right feeling, but the use of it seems a bit too all over the place. Would have preferred a little more thought and nuance put into, but this seems like it was a rush job.

#4764 7 years ago

Just noticed this. Not a big deal, but did no one tell the 5 artists working on this about ramp flaps. LOL.

(Or maybe they told just 4 of the artists and not the 5th Cat Woman one.)

cat (resized).jpgcat (resized).jpg

#4765 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just noticed this. Not a big deal, but did no one tell the 5 artists working on this about ramp flaps. LOL.
(Or maybe they told just 4 of the artists and not the 5th Cat Woman one.)

I'd be surprised if that makes it to production.

#4766 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Maybe they will bring in the reinfocrement artists to get it sorted out?

#4767 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Maybe they will bring in the reinfocrement artists to get it sorted out?

The Stern Artist Army.

#4768 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Be a shame if it did, but assuming playfields are already in production, not easy to correct. Ive got no idea of lead times on this stuff.

#4769 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've put the SLE out of my mind, it no longer exists.

Did you apply for one Frolic?

rd

#4770 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

ACDC LE armor. Star Trek LE armor. Fancy cutouts aren't a new thing.
What was impressive was the decals on the Super LE. Put those on a game that isn't a ridiculous $15k Stern!

Were the decals made out of the foil type material that imve had?

#4771 7 years ago

No different process from other decals they are jaw dropping

#4772 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Were the decals made out of the foil type material that imve had?

No, it was a layered effect, with some parts shiny and some parts more matte. It was really slick, I give Stern props for it. Would I pay $15k to get those decals? lol hell no. But it did look bad ass.

#4773 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Would I pay $15k to get those decals? lol hell no. But it did look bad ass.

This standard of finish should really be in the regular "beggars" LE for the price they're asking.

#4774 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This standard of finish should really be in the regular "beggars" LE for the price they're asking.

The thing that struck me as odd was the LE has the same boring blank speaker panel the Pro, I mean, Premium has. The SUPER LE speaker panel was blinged out nicely, made the LE look plain.

Honestly I thought they all looked pretty slick, I'm not trash talking them at all. But the Premium has the "Pro" black armor, and the three in a row really did look like Pro/Prem/LE.

#4775 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly I thought they all looked pretty slick, I'm not trash talking them at all. But the Premium has the "Pro" black armor, and the three in a row really did look like Pro/Prem/LE.

How about the $500 topper that the Pro will have to buy?

#4776 7 years ago

For the record guys I love my Stern games

I mean LOVE em.

I'm just salty about this release.

Anyone have good video of this game? Like attract mode or etc? I promise to stop bitching for a few days at least.

#4777 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Did you apply for one Frolic?
rd

I did not fill out the application but made it known internally at Stern I was interested. I figured if they wanted to recognize me as a good customer I'd consider it. Obviously I was waiting to see what the game actually was first, but had an open mind and all options were on the table.

Then came the news about 80 SLE s instead of 30, so far less special. Then ultimately I was never offered one, so the decision was taken out of my hands. Whatever honor I might have felt would not apply to being offered 'sloppy seconds' if they were to offer me one now that someone else isn't taking.

So... SLE does not exist to me anymore . But I look forward to my LE.

#4778 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just noticed this. Not a big deal, but did no one tell the 5 artists working on this about ramp flaps.

When Jared was showing me the game, he specifically mentioned that this would be corrected before the machine goes into production.

#4779 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

When Jared was showing me the game, he specifically mentioned that this would be corrected before the machine goes into production.

Nothing worse than "massive flaps"

Lol

rd

#4780 7 years ago

I got some flak for this topper having the name of the game right next to the name of the game...

IMG_3368 (resized).JPGIMG_3368 (resized).JPG
Is that much different than having Batman and Robins face right next to Batman and Robins face....am I the only one to see this as a little goofy looking....???!.............Joey

IMG_3371 (resized).PNGIMG_3371 (resized).PNG

#4782 7 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I got some flak for this topper having the name of the game right next to the name of the game ... Is that much different than having Batman and Robins face right next to Batman and Robins face....am I the only one to see this as a little goofy looking....???!

I have this same complaint with TWD premium. I always thought it looked strange to have all the fish tanks on the translite with the fish tank topper right above.

#4783 7 years ago

ya mean KISS on top of KISS

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#4784 7 years ago

That's why I actually like the Ghostbusters topper....it isn't already on the backglass.

Or a duplicate of a toy on the playfield (TWD, GOT)

#4785 7 years ago
Quoted from Project_Pinball:

Want to win a new in box Premium Batman 66'? Enter today: https://go.rallyup.com/projectpinball-batman66

Was the previous winner announced?

#4786 7 years ago

Well,well already a B66PRe for sale!!! Call for price!!Not even released yet! Be the first one on your block to come home with aB66 in a Box!! Hurry,Hurry!!Only one at this price,Hurry,Hurry!!

#4787 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,well already a B66PRe for sale!!! Call for price!!Not even released yet! Be the first one on your block to come home with aB66 in a Box!! Hurry,Hurry!!Only one at this price,Hurry,Hurry!!

Thats the second one I've seen today for sale.

#4788 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The only way for your money to disappear is for Apple to go bankrupt (out of business) which is as likely as Coke or Exxon going out of business. Apple is the most valuable brand name in the WORLD. January 2016 Apple reported $18.4 BILLION in profit for one quarter ($50 Billion for a rolling year on $225 BILLION in revenue). Apple has something like $200B in cash equivalents, quite a low PE, is buying back shares and returning cash in the form of dividends.
I am not suggesting that the stock will go to $150 anytime soon but it would not surprise me at all.

LOL - I remember people saying the same thing about AOL years back.

#4789 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

LOL - I remember people saying the same thing about AOL years back.

AOL is still in business.

#4790 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Was the previous winner announced?

Yes Gavin Guest won

#4791 7 years ago
#4792 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I thought the SLE is the one you have to beg for...

#4793 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No, it was a layered effect, with some parts shiny and some parts more matte. It was really slick, I give Stern props for it. Would I pay $15k to get those decals? lol hell no. But it did look bad ass.

I ran my finger over the gap between the bat mobile's door and fender because it absolutely looked, even up close, that there was a physical gap in the paint. There isn't. It looks killer.

#4794 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I have no idea why they partnered up with him other than the fact that he may have locked up the license. I think the crazy price is in part due to him getting paid. Stern had all the things they needed to make the game except the license....I guess.

I'm guessing Stern found a loophole to easy licensing. Possibly Kaminkow locked up the license for a number of years for his slots, but the license is broad enough to include other electronic/mechanical equipment. Easy to decision for Stern to team up and benefit from Kapow's licensing. I'd say look to other Kaminkow slots for where this might be going.

#4795 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I have no idea why they partnered up with him other than the fact that he may have locked up the license. I think the crazy price is in part due to him getting paid. Stern had all the things they needed to make the game except the license....I guess.

There is plenty of reason to hook up with them.. given the entire theme of celebrating Stern's history, the fact his is active in the industry, his contacts, his licensing past, present, and future, etc.

Joe was Gary's Roger Sharpe, Kordek, and others all rolled up into one. This could be a new collaboration to try to roll pinball into other entertainment properties such as novelties, slots, redemption, etc where Joe could broker deals of scale or cross promotion and execute across multiple different vendors.

... Or it could be as simple as a collaboration between old, lost friends as a way to celebrate the past.

#4796 7 years ago

Maybe a further helpful video about Batman 66 from Stern. This Video is from the factory tour with explanations from George Gomez on the new game.

https://vimeo.com/187644258

#4797 7 years ago

For those who want the bat vehicles from the SLE on their LE or Premium you can still find them at walmart for $7.97.

batvehicles (resized).jpgbatvehicles (resized).jpg

#4798 7 years ago
Quoted from PinNin:

Maybe a further helpful video about Batman 66 from Stern. This Video is from the factory tour with explanations from George Gomez on the new game.
» Vimeo video

Love that Gomez is honest about the software state. He's such an amazing ambassador to the game, and a good salesman.

#4799 7 years ago

Seems like there's no rush to decide anything now? JJP will do a lower $ dialed in. BM66 Premium is unlimited, and the LE and SLE are spoken for - so no time crunch there; I'll wait until I can play it.

BM is a killer theme for me, but I sold TDK and don't miss it. I believe George when he says the game plays totally different, but I need to play it myself before committing $7k. Spooky's next game is $6250. Maybe JJP will make the standard Dialed In (which Jack has said is coming, per the owners google group) in the $7 range - at that point, its whatever plays best gets my next NIB $'s.

Midwest Gaming April 2017 will be the first time I can play any of these.

Expo Oct 2016 was interesting to watch - The price debates, reveals, parties and positioning ... but what all that stuff at Expo means to me as a pinhead and potential buyer is confusing & not being able to play new stuff - its an easy decision to wait 6 months until the dust settles.

#4800 7 years ago

Did anybody who was at the Show,ask if this pin also has a Shaker Motor??

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.