PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 142.
#2351 7 years ago

Do the watch companies/auto makers come up with a Ron Hubbard style personality test or just sell to people that have the money ?

#2352 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yeah actually I can. Because I wasn't talking about Batman '66. You said you weren't losing interest in Stern (laughable by the way) and I responded to that. A lot of people are. Another fact that I'm sure you'll debate.
Go back and think of the next username you want to switch to. You are wearing this one out fast too.

I don't care what you were talking about. You replied to my post, so you should stick with the subject.

You wore out your welcome a long time ago.

#2353 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

We are making fun of the grovelling people begging for their precious SLE's.

Sour grapes are the lesser man's fruit. So awesome you are.

#2354 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Do you really think people are putting "stern pinball batman application video" as the title or tags?

Also, since the submitted videos become the property of Stern Pinball don't you think they'd want to share some of the better videos publicly via social media as I thought that was the primary reason they were collecting videos? It just seems like a lost opportunity if they don't take advantage of this. If I were running Stern's Facebook I would post a handful of these video applications daily just to keep people talking about it and encourage more submissions.

#2355 7 years ago

Some of you guys are living in total denial and will have to eat a mile of sh*t when it gets released. Just sayin

As for the video. This is 2016, I can make a video with my iPhone and email it privately to Stern sitting right here at lunch.

I know it's fun and funny to watch but the last laugh will be had by the BMLE and SLE owners because it will be great!

#2356 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If I were running Stern's Facebook I would post a handful of these video applications daily just to keep people talking about it and encourage more submissions.

LOl, they will post 2 on the first day then 2 on the second day then this...

#2357 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of you guys are living in total denial and will have to eat a mile of sh*t when it gets released. Just sayin

Where have I heard this before?? ***cough*JPOP*cough***

#2358 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

I don't care what you were talking about. You replied to my post, so you should stick with the subject.
You wore out your welcome a long time ago.

Your post was in regards to Stern, not Batman '66. Jeebus keep up with your own argument.

#2359 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Your post was in regards to Stern, not Batman '66. Jeebus keep up with your own argument.

Where's that ignore button.....oh there it is.

Bye!

#2360 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

but the last laugh will be had by the BMLE and SLE owners because it will be great!

I'm not gonna laugh at anyone... I just want to enjoy a fun game with a sweet timeless theme. I am strongly confident I'll get to do that with my BM66LE, but I could be wrong. If so, life goes on. Stern makes my favorite games and Gomez and Sheats know what they're doing...

People should stop jumping to conclusions on both sides.

#2361 7 years ago

Some of the animations and clips from the slot machine. LCD's may have similar animations?

#2362 7 years ago

Nobody here has a legitimate complaint about this project for two reasons-

1. Nobody has seen, played, or taken delivery of this machine.

2. Nobody has sent in pre-order money that they did not do so willingly.

#2363 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Also, since the submitted videos become the property of Stern Pinball don't you think they'd want to share some of the better videos publicly via social media as I thought that was the primary reason they were collecting videos? It just seems like a lost opportunity if they don't take advantage of this. If I were running Stern's Facebook I would post a handful of these video applications daily just to keep people talking about it and encourage more submissions.

Let's hope this goes viral with headlines like " Richest big kids in America beg to pay $15000 for a toy "

#2364 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

It is simply a case of over-privileged Pinsiders bitching about a pin they finally can't afford.

Let's be honest - the people that post here that buy NIB games: They CAN afford it. But they also can make the choice not to buy something when it hits the "This is Fucking Stupid" zone. At some point a toy is a toy and just not worth it. Asking a ton for a game without pics is arrogant, and people who can afford it are responding with "not interested" on principal.

#2365 7 years ago

We don't hate the game we hate the playah!

#2366 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let's be honest - the people that post here that buy NIB games: They CAN afford it. But they also can make the choice not to buy something when it hits the "This is Fucking Stupid" zone. At some point a toy is a toy and just not worth it. Asking a ton for a game without pics is arrogant, and people who can afford it are responding with "not interested" on principal.

Boom!

#2367 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

Where's that ignore button.....oh there it is.
Bye!

Bye, Felicia!

#2368 7 years ago

So...help me understand.....how hard (do we anticipate) will it be for an interested party to buy a game...once they are released? Not one of the LE or alleged SLE games...but the lower level, "Premium" model? Forget the price discussion for now...simply inquiring about availability.
I only bought one other NIB...Avengers Pro. I price shopped, located one from the Gameroom Guys on E-bay....sent them some money, and got my game.
Will a search for a BM66 be very different?

#2369 7 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

So...help me understand.....how hard (do we anticipate) will it be for an interested party to buy a game...once they are released? Not one of the LE or alleged SLE games...but the lower level, "Premium" model? Forget the price discussion for now...simply inquiring about availability.
I onoy bought one other NIB...Avengers Pro. I price shopped, located on from the Gameroom Guys on E-bay....ent them some money, and got my game.
Will a search for a BM66 be very different?

The Premium? No I don't think so. And I don't expect even the LE to be all that hard to get either on the secondary market. Maybe I'll be wrong. Maybe not.

To Greg's point, yeah I actually could grab an LE right now. It's been offered to me. I have the cash to do it. I like the theme. I'm not doing it. I have my reasons.

And to Doug's point, price point aside, it would take a dream theme, major innovation and dream team for me to spend $9500 on an unproven pin. I concede we all have our pricing thresholds but we are getting into ludicrous territory. At least I am.

#2370 7 years ago

I have no problem with the pricing. I have a problem with the "buy before you can see" situation (though I guess there is the premiums). Stern can charge whatever they want. If they sell machines at higher prices, good for them. Then they priced it right. If they don't sell we'll see prices drop in the next title. They're doing what any business smartly does. Raise prices until demand falters, then correct the price back down. Sadly, I think I'm priced out of their NIB offerings on principle alone, but please all you crazy rich guys...keep buying. I'd like to buy your used games in the future at a serious discount. Anyone got a fire sale on their Walking Dead premium/LE they want to sell me to fund a Batman66??

#2371 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let's be honest, they're bitching about nothing remotely important.

#2372 7 years ago

I am pretty excited about this game. I am surprised it took this long to make a game...I always thought this would make a great theme. I grew up watching the TV show and am anxious to see what they did with the artwork. it has the potential to be awesome.....
But in the meantime...I will just continue to play my ultra rare, extremely limited edition, super-Marx mechanical (no electro) mini game....

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#2373 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Do the watch companies/auto makers come up with a Ron Hubbard style personality test or just sell to people that have the money ?

If you're implying that Stern is coming up with a "Ron Hubbard style personality test" I think you're a little fevered.

Actually watch/auto companies make sure that long time enthusiasts and collectors of their brand get the true special editions. Exactly what Stern is doing.

But Rolex, Panerai, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ford, (and all of their top collectors/enthusiasts) are idiots. You're the marketing genius....

#2374 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

If you're implying that Stern is coming up with a "Ron Hubbard style personality test" I think you're a little fevered.
Actually watch/auto companies make sure that long time enthusiasts and collectors of their brand get the true special editions. Exactly what Stern is doing.
But Rolex, Panerai, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Ford, (and all of their top collectors/enthusiasts) are idiots. You're the marketing genius....

You forgot Koenigsegg. Probably the baddest hypercar manufacturer on the planet

#2375 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As for the video. This is 2016, I can make a video with my iPhone and email it privately to Stern sitting right here at lunch.

Not one that would win the contest. Any decent video will exceed mailbox limits. Youtube or dropbox-style services are they way to go.

#2376 7 years ago

I'm so glad the preachers on here have determined what price is acceptable for EVERYBODY!!

What a F Ing joke!!!

Hate away

#2377 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm so glad the preachers on here have determined what price is acceptable for EVERYBODY!!
What a F Ing joke!!!
Hate away

Did you even read my post?

#2378 7 years ago

Batman66 was always going to be a higher price, our distributor warned us as soon as he knew, make of this what you want

Good morning ,

Stern is celebrating its 30th anniversary with a new very limited run of a great new title- Batman 66 .

Next From Stern Pinball: Batman 66 (UPDATED)

It’ll be an all-new design except for the “Crane toy,” which is being lifted from Stern’s 2008 Batman: The Dark Knight game. The game will also feature LCD displays on its backbox, as well as an interactive one on the playfield itself. The new machine will feature voiceover from Batman himself, Adam West.

There will be three editions of the game:

· Premium .-this model will include most of the features of the LE and will be more expensive than normal.

· Stern will make only 260 Limited Editions that will be “dressed even more so than a normal limited edition and so will be more expensive ”. Buy a LE and receive an invitation to the Stern party-details below.

· Super Limited Edition that is only available by invitation from Stern themselves.

#2379 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think it would help if Stern would identify exactly what differentiates a Stern/Kapow! release from a standard release aside from price. I just assumed the "Kapow" was just a one time licensing thing but maybe they had a larger role than that? If it's going to be a new line of games going forward they should state that up-front. I still think including a model called the "Premium" is a mistake on this game as that causes collector's to compare the game against other "Premium" titles of the past. I would have called it something else (maybe Kapow! Standard) to differentiate it.

Stern "Kapow" appears to be their in-hou$e boutique brand.

After Wow-Nelly, and MMr, they need to keep their 2nd a$$embly line busy.

#2380 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Buy a LE and receive an invitation to the Stern party

I think they meant to say people who preorder an LE will get a ticket to the adam west meet and greet and an autographed photo
People who preorder a premium should get one as well.

The Stern party is a separate event. People who preorder batman 66 do not get a free ticket to the party.

Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

The new machine will feature voiceover from Batman himself, Adam West.

Custom speech by Burt Ward as well.

#2381 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think they meant to say people who preorder an LE will get a ticket to the adam west meet and greet and an autographed photo
People who preorder a premium should get one as well.
The Stern party is a separate event. People who preorder batman 66 do not get a free ticket to the party.

Custom speech by Burt Ward as well.

Yer, This e-mail is 2 weeks old,

#2382 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nobody here has a legitimate complaint about this project for two reasons-
1. Nobody has seen, played, or taken delivery of this machine.
2. Nobody has sent in pre-order money that they did not do so willingly.

Well you're first point actually seems like a legit complaint.

Quoted from Pimp77:

Sadly, I think I'm priced out of their NIB offerings on principle alone, but please all you crazy rich guys...keep buying. I'd like to buy your used games in the future at a serious discount.

I am definitely in that market. I have been the beneficiary of rich people who buy a pinball, rarely play it, and then dump it on CL for a low price they plucked from their brain. I would love to do that again so rich people, keep buying.

#2383 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

12 months time, George Gomez is back with Lord of the Rings, color display, stereo sound, new high resolution cabinet decals, updated translite and new playfield artwork? This is an exciting time for Stern releases.

and I'm out some serious cash but man would that be great.

concept-sauron_00290005 (resized).jpgconcept-sauron_00290005 (resized).jpg

Lord-of-the-Rings-Two-Towers-Painting (resized).jpgLord-of-the-Rings-Two-Towers-Painting (resized).jpg

#2384 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Well you're first point actually seems like a legit complaint.

How's that? Nobody was told the machine was ready to be seen, played, or delivered yet. They laid it all out pretty clearly I'd say.

#2385 7 years ago

I want to know if anyone has received delivery of their SUPER LE yet or should I start a new "Has anyone received their Batman SUPER LE yet?!!!?" thread?

#2386 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I want to know if anyone has received delivery of their SUPER LE yet or should I start a new "Has anyone received their Batman SUPER LE yet?!!!?" thread?

Machines aren't done yet, and nothing will be shipping until after Expo at the earliest from what Stern has said.

#2387 7 years ago

This thread is way overdue for another Julie Newmar photo...

tumblr_nf3cdgJfCm1u14rcjo1_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_nf3cdgJfCm1u14rcjo1_500 (resized).jpg

#2388 7 years ago

leaked SLE alt translite artwork !
Totally stoked

I hear the left side will have:
EL wire around the ramps, a drop target bank, and third flipper and a special Daft ( ((POW)) ) Multiball

#2389 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Did you even read my post?

Not talking about you. Just in general and Rare of course

Is the price "ludicrous"? Sure it is. To what degree of stupidity. I'm not sure

When I bought my first pin, a Lotr LE I thought I lost my mind then when I paid $5200!

Can I justify it today? Yes, because I want it and don't care if I lost a couple of grand later selling it.

If I had to sell it for $7500 with all the bells and whistles, how far has Tron Le and everything else dropped? It's all relative

At least this time I know I'm getting a pin in a couple of months. Yes, Jpop was beyond stupid, but I've been fortunate otherwise

It's a hobby and I'm having a blast!!!

#2390 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

leonardo-di-caprio-raising-a-toast-Toost-720x405 (resized).jpgleonardo-di-caprio-raising-a-toast-Toost-720x405 (resized).jpg

#2391 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

leaved SLE alt translite artwork !
Totally stoked
I hear the left side will have EL wire around the ramps, a drop target bank, and third flipper

I heard they were doing the Schumacher version.

schumacher_batman (resized).jpgschumacher_batman (resized).jpg

#2392 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How's that? Nobody was told the machine was ready to be seen, played, or delivered yet. They laid it all out pretty clearly I'd say.

True but going on past history when Stern has revealed a game it usually comes with pics of playfield, cabinet, and pricing without deposits. They've even bragged about it at times. I think they've opened themselves up for criticism in this way. They could still release the pics and have a great 30th anniversary party. It would probably be better because you're always going to have some people disappointed with a reveal and those people most likely won't go to the party if they see the game beforehand.

If you look at last year's reveal of GOT, there was a lot criticism about the art. Then at Expo there were still long lines to play the game. Revealing the game before allowed people to vent their frustrations and then enjoy the game for what it is when standing in front of it. There may be some upset people at Expo if they don't like the reveal and they've plunked down a non-refundable deposit.

#2393 7 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Snob appeal is nothing new and its a classic advertising technique - one Stern has been using to great benefit since they started with their LEs. Plenty of car, wine, food, and whatever companies try to appeal and sell to people who "have the money."

Listen to the classical radio station sometime if you want to see what I mean. I used to wake up to it but I got tired of ads that went like "You didn't fight your way into that Central Park West condo just to drink subpar Champagne..."

#2394 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

True but going on past history when Stern has revealed a game it usually comes with pics of playfield, cabinet, and pricing without deposits. They've even bragged about it at times.

So what! That's the past. There's a new way of doin things now.

#2395 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not talking about you. Just in general and Rare of course
Is the price "ludicrous"? Sure it is. To what degree of stupidity. I'm not sure
When I bought my first pin, a Lotr LE I thought I lost my mind then when I paid $5200!
Can I justify it today? Yes, because I want it and don't care if I lost a couple of grand later selling it.
If I had to sell it for $7500 with all the bells and whistles, how far has Tron Le and everything else dropped? It's all relative
At least this time I know I'm getting a pin in a couple of months. Yes, Jpop was beyond stupid, but I've been fortunate otherwise

Me too.

I thought you sold your LOTRLE? If not, I'm glad you kept it. GB Premium is my first NIB, well should be, unless the deal goes through for a Bally I'm working on

Really hoping it does

#2396 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So what! That's the past. There's a new way of doin things now.

You're right. Stupid me.

#2397 7 years ago

Did you guys see Stern announced Iron Maiden too?? Same BS as Batman '66 with no pics and applications needed to purchase

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-by-stern-new-info

#2398 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Did you guys see Stern announced Iron Maiden too?? Same BS as Batman '66 with no pics and applications needed to purchase
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-by-stern-new-info

Wow! Now THIS is worth buying sight unseen. Sign me up!

#2399 7 years ago

Jules is a class act with a hot &*$. The only pic I saved of her.

julie newmar2me (resized).jpgjulie newmar2me (resized).jpg

#2400 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

For the Following points
1) I won't bother arguing that one.
2) Pure speculation on your part, however if the number of SLE's that are made open to the application process is less than the 30 then it would make sense for Stern to announce that. It would make it even more rare and desirable to the collector.
3) If you are referring to the cleaned up and sterilized facebook page that Stern has, I could see how you think that everyone just loves Stern and everything is just peachy. Sadly not the case. This thread at least isn't being censored by Stern.
Us "fucking hens" are actually having FUN. We are making fun of the grovelling people begging for their precious SLE's.

2) Why would stern make a game to celebrate with it's partners and key people.. and then... not use it for that at all? It would defeat the freakin purpose
3) I'm not referring to facebook - but the rest of the world outside of the jaded pinsiders. Everyone else would tell you 'have fun' or GTFO. The whining is unbecoming.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.