PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 142.
#6101 7 years ago

This Friday.

#6102 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did he give you a shipping date?

He said they told him they ( LE's) would be ready to ship in that 2 week window mentioned earlier. I have a feeling this one has been built and developed " behind the scenes " a bit...even though someone posted that after they went to the factory Friday, they were tempted to buy one.

Mike was super cool, and my gut tells me they show the game flipping Friday, and potentially heading out the door VERY shortly thereafter. I thanked him for sharing all this info, and he was very laid back about it all...implying that he sells a lot of arcade games, and they were much more a pain in the ass. Said pinball was meant to be fun, and he enjoyed selling them. Only if the customer was happy. To offer my 2k back this late in the game tells me 2 things: He wants me as comfortable as possible before dropping " big money" (his words), and that he had zero worries of selling it if I backed out.

This will be a great game, I'm confident......

#6103 7 years ago

Correct...as in 2 days from now.....

#6104 7 years ago

ITS ALMOST BAT TIME!!! Let's see what this is all about!!!

( not changing my avatar, as Alien is still my grail and will wait for it!!!)

#6105 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ed seems to be a very nice guy, but as a paid entertainer his opinion does not hold as much weight on Stern games (sorry Ed)

Quoted from Whysnow:

He has a business relationship with Stern and gets obvious perks from Stern as a pinhead. There are motivations to not talk even remotely bad or share an opinion that may be percieved as negative. Sorry but that causes one to help hype; so hard to take Ed's singular opinion as 100%. Keep in mind that Stern just banned Martin from the factory for saying he thought BM66 was expensive...
Say something bad and they may ban you, remove perks, and not hire you for their next self promoting anniversary event paid for by customers. That is just the reality about Stern and hard to blame anyone for wanting those perks as a pinhead.

I'm pretty sure Ed can fall back on his day job without missing any meals.

FWIW, here is the link to his comments. It's just a 2-minute-long side commentary about BM66 at EXPO in the middle of a two-hour-long video about STLE strategy and gameplay (the main topic of the podcast). Nevertheless, it offers some specific details about playfield features and gameplay differences relative to BDK.

#6106 7 years ago

To the Bat Time machine set for Friday!!!!!! (this week)

#6107 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I'm pretty sure Ed can fall back on his day job without missing any meals.

I'm glad to hear he does have a day job. I've listened to some of that music and I would keep that day job for sure.

#6108 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I heard he joked about stuff. Did Ed actually talk badly about Stern and all their shenanigans?

#6109 7 years ago

I hope mine doesn't arrive December 23.

#6110 7 years ago

Stern are cowards for banning Martin.

Ed isn't a coward. He'd say something if he wanted to say it.

#6111 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This seems like a lot of work for each LE. Far different than an engraved plaque. These really are "1 of 1" LEs.

Definitely a lot of work. Chris said he's been working on the gadget plaques over the last 3 months. I hope I get a gadget plaque instead of an episode plaque. Here's a post he made with a nice shot of the "portable ultraviolet batray". Based on his comments it sounds like Stern already gave him the heads up on gameplay reveal coming soon.

Screenshot_20161207-212522 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161207-212522 (resized).png

#6112 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Definitely a lot of work. Chris said he's been working on the gadget plaques over the last 3 months. I hope I get a gadget plaque instead of an episode plaque. Here's a post he made with a nice shot of the "portable ultraviolet batray". Based on his comments it sounds like Stern already gave him the heads up on gameplay reveal coming soon.

Very, very cool!!!

#6113 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This seems like a lot of work for each LE. Far different than an engraved plaque. These really are "1 of 1" LEs.

It's still just a plaque...LOL.

#6114 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's still just a plaque...LOL.

well, a plaque worth a couple throusand... to be more accurate.

#6115 7 years ago

It sure seems like bad timing,IMHO,with Christmas and all this bad weather! Also,has anybody noticed that all the Batman Movies have been playing like crazy on HBO and Showtime??Ghostbusters too!!

#6116 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ed seems to be a very nice guy, but as a paid entertainer his opinion does not hold as much weight on Stern games (sorry Ed)

And yours does

#6117 7 years ago

I'm kind of in topper unload mode at the moment. I'm getting an LE. I will consider removing my topper to sell to a premium buyer, if it is all possible. Just a heads up. Get it?

But hey. Mark says tmrw is the big surprise video day- maybe I'll see some crazy topper integration and want to keep it. (If the topper even makes an appearance... if we even get a video... if WWIII doesn't start overnight)

#6118 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

It sure seems like bad timing,IMHO,with Christmas and all this bad weather! Also,has anybody noticed that all the Batman Movies have been playing like crazy on HBO and Showtime??Ghostbusters too!!

yup & stuff in stores

#6119 7 years ago

this Friday ??

#6120 7 years ago

hola,
for people i owe some PM's too... hang in there i'm traveling like crazy right now.

#6121 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I'm kind of in topper unload mode at the moment. I'm getting an LE. I will consider removing my topper to sell to a premium buyer, if it is all possible. Just a heads up. Get it?
But hey. Mark says tmrw is the big surprise video day- maybe I'll see some crazy topper integration and want to keep it. (If the topper even makes an appearance... if we even get a video... if WWIII doesn't start overnight)

Hey, hey...just passing on what Mike was told by Stern...and KEEP YOUR TOPPER!!!.....

#6122 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

this Friday ??

Correctomondo, Batman!!!

#6123 7 years ago

It's officially Friday in the U.K now, this afternoon cannot come soon enough!

#6124 7 years ago

That's what I was was told.

#6125 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It's officially Friday in the U.K now, this afternoon cannot come soon enough!

It's 1.26pm Friday here. Bring it on.

rd

#6126 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hey, hey...just passing on what Mike was told by Stern...and KEEP YOUR TOPPER!!!.....

IF this version of the topper ends up being an SLE/LE exclusive. That might have a large impact on resale if you ever want to sell/trade it in the future. Just sayin.

#6127 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

IF this version of the topper ends up being an SLE/LE exclusive. That might have a large impact on resale if you ever want to sell/trade it in the future. Just sayin.

Plus, this one really looks like it belongs on the game.....

#6128 7 years ago

My Dealer hasn't asked for the balance on mine yet!!They usually ask a week before its shipped!!Just saying!!

#6129 7 years ago

What time is the big reveal!

I'm ready for drinks, video and commentary.

A Danger stream would be a great surprise.

#6130 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Did someone say drinks!? Picked up these earlier today in preparation for the unboxing party

IMG_1003 (resized).JPGIMG_1003 (resized).JPG

#6131 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A Danger stream would be a great surprise.

Supposed to be tomorrow, Ice......I'm drinking, regardless.....

#6132 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Supposed to be tomorrow, Ice......I'm drinking, regardless.....

It's now 4.44pm .. my Shrek shop job is all done, the cricket has just started on TV (Australia Vs NZ) and the first beer of the day has been popped.

Life is good.

rd

IMG_3901 (resized).JPGIMG_3901 (resized).JPG

IMG_3900 (resized).JPGIMG_3900 (resized).JPG

#6133 7 years ago

The wait is on

#6134 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

And yours does

well considering I own about 7 more Sterns than you... I would say it has a bit more value that yours

#6135 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well considering I own about 7 more Sterns than you... I would say it has a bit more value that yours

Shit! If that's the scale, my opinion must be off the charts then.

rd

#6136 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It's now 4.44pm .. my Shrek shop job is all done, the cricket has just started on TV (Australia Vs NZ) and the first beer of the day has been popped.
Life is good.
rd

Like how you roll!!!

#6137 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Like how you roll!!!

Well, the bad news is that I have run out of Hallertau #1 Kolsch (my favorite) and now I had to move on to Hallertau #3 ... the red ale. Nice beer but more of a "1 or 2" beer rather than a "10 or 12" beer lol

rd

IMG_3903 (resized).JPGIMG_3903 (resized).JPG

#6138 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Life is good.
rd

Looks like the black caps are primed to win this game RD, Boult bowled beautifully with the new ball.....but while Warner is still there anything can happen.

#6139 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

And I can confirm that there was never a problem with it from new till you got it.

Thanks guys for this info, much appreciated.
Andy

#6140 7 years ago

If the video comes, I am guessing it will be a promo style video and not a recording of actual gameplay?

It would be really hard for them to mess that up. You can make every pin look amazing if you are editing the video...

#6141 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I guess it was confirmed several times (that the SLE/LE topper is exclusive to these machines and the Premium topper is different).

Usually I hate toppers, but I really like this one a lot. The Gotham skyline topper for the Premium will probably do nothing for me at all, especially if it ends up to be one of those ultra cheap LED lighted plexi boards you often see at China dollar shops.

#6142 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shit! If that's the scale, my opinion must be off the charts then.
rd

and your opinion doubles in value cause you live in NZ!

#6144 7 years ago

The odds of getting game play video today are as good as getting a code update for Kiss....

#6145 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and your opinion doubles in value cause you live in NZ!

I was thinking that cuts it in half...

#6146 7 years ago

Well I've played it. Not sure I can say much

IMG_0212 (resized).JPGIMG_0212 (resized).JPG

#6147 7 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

How did the Gorgar play?

rd

#6148 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I was thinking that cuts it in half...

Actually, it quadruples it.

rd

#6149 7 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

Is that game in chicago or florida?

#6150 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Is that game in chicago or florida?

Looks like Little Shop of Games, so Florida.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.