• Halle Barry 155 votes
    41%
  • Lee Meriwether 171 votes
    45%
  • Eartha Kitt 50 votes
    13%

(376 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 969 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8821 (resized).JPG
20170111_211313 (resized).jpg
IMG_8785 (resized).JPG
IMG_8580 (resized).JPG
PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 142.
#1301 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Not sure about the staging but the artwork is fantastic

That picture isn't the backglass because Green Hornet is in it.

Colored wireforms? Wouldn't the balls scratch the paint off?

Like the ghosting, they probably think you won't notice.

#1302 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Unconfirmed rumor from a friend that this is one of the backglass / translites

It seems unlikely that the Green Hornet would be on translite.

#1303 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Unconfirmed rumor from a friend that this is one of the backglass / translites

That pic is from the Batman '66 meets the Green Hornet comic series. It was done by famed comic artist Alex Ross. It was a six issue series and he did covers for all of them.

Although the art looks great, like others said it seems highly unlikely this would be be used since it features green hornet.

bgh1-001.jpg

bgh2-001.jpg

bgh3-001.jpg

bgh4-001.jpg

bgh5-001.jpg

bgh6-001.jpg

#1304 3 years ago

If Stern contracts out an artist to do the back glass, the obvious choice would be Chris Franchi. He did the cover for the new animated 66 film coming out next month and has done a lot of other batman stuff for posters, models, advertising, etc.

3642b6797e8534e7e8bf258f693456ba (resized).jpg

953_BCTV_Penguin_PKG_FACINGSMALL_zps9prempif (resized).jpg

1534349_792861820728932_37978473_n (resized).jpg

christopher-franchi-batman-tv-show (resized).png

#1305 3 years ago

I owned a RCT with color wireforms, and for a 10 year old game with worn flipper cabinet areas the wireforms were fine.

#1306 3 years ago

No

#1307 3 years ago

Not sure about the staging but the artwork is fantastic. Colored wireforms? Wouldn't the balls scratch the paint off?

They are on many System-11 games like Diner and Rollergames and have lasted more than 25 years.

So they will be fine, uh, if done right

#1308 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If Stern contracts out an artist to do the back glass, the obvious choice would be Chris Franchi. He did the cover for the new animated 66 film coming out next month and has done a lot of other batman stuff for posters, models, advertising, etc.

Couldn't agree more. I have this one hanging in my home and always get compliments on it.

dc-comics-batman-d0b0d0b4d0b0d0bc-d0b2d0b5d181d182-710488 (resized).png

#1309 3 years ago

Couldn't agree more. I have this one hanging in my home and always get compliments on it.

Nice poster, where did you find this one? I can't find it anywhere.

#1310 3 years ago

Somewhere I have a signed picture of Adam West and a copy of that movie on VHS. There was a promotion at a Block-Buster video store for a meet and greet. If you bought the video you went to the front of the line and got the signature.

#1311 3 years ago

from stern fb

14206028_10154482666839244_815568005765136207_o (resized).jpg

#1312 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Somewhere I have a signed picture of Adam West and a copy of that movie on VHS. There was a promotion at a Block-Buster video store for a meet and greet. If you bought the video you went to the front of the line and got the signature.

Did the meet and greet require a $500 deposit? Probably not, simpler times.

#1313 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

At conventions he usuallys gets about 75-100 for autpgraph or picture of him with you. Signed picture with you and him is even more.

#1314 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Much simpler. I think Block-Buster paid him to come there for a Saturday afternoon. Free if you stood in line. But for probably $20 (or less) buying the movie you went right to the front of the line. That was the whole point, to get people into the store and try out video renting. * Don't forget to rewind!

I know this was in the 80's but I'm not sure if it was before or after Michael Keaton got the role in the first modern Batman movie giving Adam a big disappointment. It was probably a "Come meet the 'real' batman" gig.

Here is an ebay picture of what I probably have. This guy is asking $250.

AdamWest (resized).jpg

#1315 3 years ago

I think this one's worth more.

julie-newmar-autograph (resized).jpg

#1316 3 years ago

Not sure about the staging but the artwork is fantastic. Colored wireforms? Wouldn't the balls scratch the paint off?

Doubtful. Keith Johnson disagrees, but I have done powdercoated ramps and wireforms on various machines and never had a problem. The oldest one is a Shadow where I powdercoated one stainless ramp black and the other dark blue. That was over 10 years ago and they still look perfect.

#1317 3 years ago

Having seen a number of potential art samples for BM66 here, I have set limits around what is acceptable. If the cabinet, playfield or plastics show the shark biting batman on a rope ladder to the bat copter from the movie, I will not be buying the game. I can’t support that kind of nonsense on general principal. If that dreadful scene is depicted on the translite though, I can live with it knowing I can easily change it out one day for an alternate. As long as Stern sticks to the tv series theme, this pin will be pretty cool. There are still a lot of questions surrounding modes, code and what's owed.

#1318 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Much simpler. I think Block-Buster paid him to come there for a Saturday afternoon. Free if you stood in line. But for probably $20 (or less) buying the movie you went right to the front of the line. That was the whole point, to get people into the store and try out video renting. * Don't forget to rewind!
I know this was in the 80's but I'm not sure if it was before or after Michael Keaton got the role in the first modern Batman movie giving Adam a big disappointment. It was probably a "Come meet the 'real' batman" gig.
Here is an ebay picture of what I probably have. This guy is asking $250.

That was probably in Adam West's dark days. He wasn't much in demand back then and was kind of the butt of a lot jokes. He was doing a lot of low, low budget movies and guest starring on a lot of TV shows. Zombie Nightmare is one of my favorite MST3K episodes but it's a pretty bad movie. He never stopped working but I think it was Family Guy in 2000 that really got people to appreciate him again.

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from bushz:

Nice poster, where did you find this one? I can't find it anywhere.

Through his FB page. He only does limited runs and I'm pretty sure they're all gone. This was a few years ago I think.

#1320 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Doubtful. Keith Johnson disagrees, but I have done powdercoated ramps and wireforms on various machines and never had a problem. The oldest one is a Shadow where I powdercoated one stainless ramp black and the other dark blue. That was over 10 years ago and they still look perfect.

No he doesn't. Only disagrees with the ramp part. WOZ has powdered habitrails.

#1321 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No he doesn't. Only disagrees with the ramp part. WOZ has powdered habitrails.

I also thought it was Pinchroma rather than Keefer that was saying that for the ramps.

#1322 3 years ago

Found an LE. Deposit paid. I can't resist the corniness of KAPOW.

#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

The machine shoots REALLY nicely. Smooth ramp shots that are actually kind of reminiscent of Metallica,

What? Sorry but that is crap, TH is far from the greatness that is MET.

#1324 3 years ago

Just met them this last weekend.

Nice guys,

--Jeff

20160902_161025 (resized).jpg

#1325 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I also thought it was Pinchroma rather than Keefer that was saying that for the ramps.

You are correct......there's a thread somewhere, and the only debatable issue was doing ramps or not, habitrails have always been good to go...

#1326 3 years ago

On final descent to Vegas!

High stakes fantasy football this weekend.

I'm ready to unload.

Playing some Batman slots to celebrate and get psyched up.

T minus 45 minutes before the drinks start flowing......

#1327 3 years ago

From Stern....

b66 (resized).jpg

#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Playing some Batman slots to celebrate and get psyched up.
T minus 45 minutes before the drinks start flowing......

We'll look forward to your insightful comments to follow this eve!

#1329 3 years ago

All they are missing is the bat cycle.

Wonder if they are using those for reference or if they are actually going to be on the playfield somewhere.

Looks like a larger batmobile in the background. Possible topper?

#1330 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Haha, maybe I that up. Anyway "someone" had a differing opinion, but I've done ramps and habitrails, the oldest of which are over 10 years old now with continuous play and both types still look great. Now, maybe they were talking about TEXTURED ones, which I have no experience with, but would never try on ramps since it seems like asking for trouble.

#1331 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I tried suggesting this at the beginning of this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info#post-3320529

given the amount of downvotes, its seems like folks are not into this... but I still am

#1332 3 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I tried suggesting this at the beginning of this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info#post-3320529
given the amount of downvotes, its seems like folks are not into this... but I still am

Maybe it was the photoshop comment that got all the downvotes. The other artists you mentioned would be perfect IMO.

#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I didn't down vote that post, but when you show catwoman that looks like Lee Meriwether and not Julie Newmar, I can understand the sentiment. Let's hope Stern gets it right.

#1334 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Found an LE. Deposit paid. I can't resist the corniness of KAPOW.

Im looking forward to the tattoo...

#1335 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I didn't down vote that post, but when you show catwoman that looks like Lee Meriwether and not Julie Newmar, I can understand the sentiment. Let's hope Stern gets it right.

I downvoted because it's stupid to complain about the art when you haven't seen the game yet.

#1336 3 years ago

So, are the teases from Stern exciting me, or irritating me? Hmmm, to the Batcave. Punch this into the numerical batfabulator.... The card that dropped out of the slot said irritated.

I don't like this kind of release. A game with drawn flyer. Still no info about the game beyond the crane that us fans apparently loved.

#1337 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

So, are the teases from Stern exciting me, or irritating me? Hmmm, to the Batcave. Punch this into the numerical batfabulator.... The card that dropped out of the slot said irritated.
I don't like this kind of release. A game with drawn flyer. Still no info about the game beyond the crane that us fans apparently loved.

The Hot Wheels toys are irritating me no end. If I see one Hot Wheels toy on that PF Im out.

#1338 3 years ago

Trust me on this one.

4d5 (resized).jpg

#1339 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im looking forward to the tattoo...

dude lol. priceless! thanks

#1340 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

All they are missing is the bat cycle.
Wonder if they are using those for reference or if they are actually going to be on the playfield somewhere.
Looks like a larger batmobile in the background. Possible topper?

What about the Alf-cycle?

#1341 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

What about the Alf-cycle?
» YouTube video

Forgot about that one. Alfred was great, hopefully he shows up in the game somewhere.

A lot of people hate the 3'rd season because things just got way to silly. One of the good things about the third season is that Alfred was given a lot more to do in some of the episodes compared to season 1+2. After all, he was the only one who knew Batman and Robins secret identity as well as Batgirls.

#1342 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Forgot about that one. Alfred was great, hopefully he shows up in the game somewhere.
A lot of people hate the 3'rd season because things just got way to silly. One of the good things about the third season is that Alfred was given a lot more to do in some of the episodes compared to season 1+2. After all, he was the only one who knew Batman and Robins secret identity as well as Batgirls.

I really hated the 3rd season as a kid but Batgirl makes it all fine as an adult. The 3rd season also switched from two part episodes to one. That was a bad idea as well.

#1343 3 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I really hated the 3rd season as a kid but Batgirl makes it all fine as an adult. The 3rd season also switched from two part episodes to one. That was a bad idea as well.

The two part episodes were definitely the better format. I think it was cool that they would do part one on wednesday night and then part two on thursday night. I don't think any other shows did that 2 shows a week format again.

My biggest disappointment with season 3 was the music. For some reason they replaced Nelson Riddle and it doesn't sound nearly as good.

#1344 3 years ago

On my TDK I bought an old stage light off of ebay and turned it into a bat signal topper. I tried a white light in it but it was just too bright and not as much fun as the blue. If they offer a topper for BM66 it should be a working batsignal IMO. I really enjoyed my TDK but sold it a couple of months ago with faith in the BM66 rumor. I would have been in if it was a straight up vault retheme but now with a new layout I think it will be great.

20160719_064328_resized (resized).jpg

20160719_064353_resized (resized).jpg

#1345 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

On my TDK I bought an old stage light off of ebay and turned it into a bat signal topper. I tried a white light in it but it was just too bright and not as much fun as the blue. If they offer a topper for BM66 it should be a working batsignal IMO. I really enjoyed my TDK but sold it a couple of months ago with faith in the BM66 rumor. I would have been in if it was a straight up vault retheme but now with a new layout I think it will be great.

I'll refer this pic to the I hate toppers club.

#1346 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

that's cool.
did it have it's own on/off switch, or did you wire it into the pin power ?

#1347 3 years ago

how about a laser based batsignal from a small toy on the playfield.
set up a reflector at it's destination point.

Once the ball breaks the laser signal XX amount of times, then batman has responded to the bat-signal and is headed to take on his next mission/mode.

Could be a "start mode" activation mini-mission

batsignal-1 (resized).png

#1348 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

that's cool.
did it have it's own on/off switch, or did you wire it into the pin power ?

Thanks. It was wired to the pin at the 120v supply. It just had a blue LED light bulb inside.

#1349 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

how about a laser based batsignal from a small toy on the playfield.
set up a reflector at it's destination point.
Once the ball breaks the laser signal XX amount of times, then batman has responded to the bat-signal and is headed to take on his next mission/mode.
Could be a "start mode" activation mini-mission

That would be amazing!!!!

#1350 3 years ago

Another vague irritating update on the Stern facebook page that offers no useful information. All it says is: "The details matter. Youll understand soon"

14207746_10154486207724244_390957448736394921_o (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 7100 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 142.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside