PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 142.
#6701 7 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Looking for Bat66 mods while I wait for our game. Looking hard at the plastic protectors from Little Shop of Games. Any others I should know about?

I picked up the plastic protectors and bat signal mod from Little Shop. Very nicely done and highly recommended.

#6702 7 years ago

Hurry shipping company, hurry!!!

#6703 7 years ago

Video #1 of Batman 66 Super LE. I will post a few more video's later tonight! Very fun game, lots of speed, flow, combo shots. Layout feels like Monster Bash. Crane is very cool bash toy. Very early code so, it needs more updates. Not as easy as you think. Avg Ball times are around 4 plus minutes. The turn table is a big focus of the game and you interact with it a lot to advance in the game. The magnet in front of the turn tables throws the ball around like the Sparky, IM and Doc Ock magnet. Complete each ramp signals the bat phone and then you have to hit the bat phone to start the Catwoman mode, Spell Joker by hitting the turn table targets, the bat phone rings , hit the bat phone and start the Joker mode. My best game was 12 min, achieved Grand Champion, but didn't get that on tape. Enjoy

GAP
www.greatamericanpinball.com

#6704 7 years ago
#6705 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Video #1 of Batman 66 Super LE. I will post a few more video's later tonight! Very fun game, lots of speed, flow, combo shots. Layout feels like Monster Bash. Crane is very cool bash toy. Very early code so, it needs more updates. Not as easy as you think. Avg Ball times are around 4 plus minutes. The turn table is a big focus of the game and you interact with it a lot to advance in the game. The magnet in front of the turn tables throws the ball around like the Sparky, IM and Doc Ock magnet. Complete each ramp signals the bat phone and then you have to hit the bat phone to start the Catwoman mode, Spell Joker by hitting the turn table targets, the bat phone rings , hit the bat phone and start the Joker mode. My best game was 12 min, achieved Grand Champion, but didn't get that on tape. Enjoy
» YouTube video
GAP
http://www.greatamericanpinball.com

Very, very nice!!!

#6706 7 years ago

Well, the DMD era is well and truly over now, the LCD looks great on this game.

#6707 7 years ago

Now wouldn't it be cool if someone could re-theme this as Batman the Dark Knight with sweet clips from the movies.

#6708 7 years ago

Does your machine have a gadget or an episode?

#6709 7 years ago
Quoted from turtleboy:

Does your machine have a gadget or an episode?

Its an SLE so no gadget or episode plaque. It get a different plaque saying something about the 30'th anniversary of stern or the 50'th anniversary of batman.

Thanks for posting the vid GAP!

#6710 7 years ago

Removed.

#6711 7 years ago

Hot damn this is what I've been waiting for! Thank you!!

#6712 7 years ago

My imagination or was it all music and zero voice over/call outs? Really early code

#6713 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Well, the DMD era is well and truly over now, the LCD looks great on this game.

It does look cool but i still perfer custom dots with color dmd as it seems to go with the gameplay better compared to these random clips....

#6714 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, the foil cab art is killer!

You have no idea Ice, you really have to see it in person. Credit where credit is due, it looks killer.

#6715 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It does look cool but i still perfer custom dots with color dmd as it seems to go with the gameplay better compared to these random clips....

I get where you're coming from, but do you really think this theme would look better with red LED dots? I sure don't. Dots had a long, good run, I still love them, but I think it's time to move on.

This is Stern's first attempt with an LCD, maybe it's not mind blowing, but give it some time. T2 didn't exactly have amazing dots either.

#6716 7 years ago

Here is Video #2. 6+ min, showcasing 2 modes completed, Extra ball and Multiball. I don't like the angle of this video, because its straight on and washes out the colors on the LCD. nothing wrong with the LCD, its the angle the video is being shot.

GAP

#6717 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I get where you're coming from, but do you really think this theme would look better with red LED dots? I sure don't. Dots had a long, good run, I still love them, but I think it's time to move on.
This is Stern's first attempt with an LCD, maybe it's not mind blowing, but give it some time. T2 didn't exactly have amazing dots either.

Didnt say i like red dots .....i like stuff like twd and met but with color dmd ... i guess im not a fan of clips like this basically and i like custom animation that fits the gameplay more.

#6718 7 years ago

Im sure its just bc the super early code and it will obviously be much better in a year or two then will see how i like it..

#6719 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Didnt say i like red dots .....i like stuff like twd and met but with color dmd ... i guess im not a fan of clips like this basically and i like custom animation that fits the gameplay more.

Metallica has imho some of the best dots ever done. But even in color I can't see them doing justice here. Purple blob for Penguin? Eh.

I think you're more responding to the LCD being kind of dull, just a TV playing back clips isn't that exciting. Not much energy or custom editing etc. But I don't think that's an indictment of the LCD, just the choices.

It's early still, maybe it will get better. Or, it's Stern, maybe it won't change at all and you'll be begging for code changes for years to come.

Either way I think the transition to LCD was smart.

#6720 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Metallica has imho some of the best dots ever done. But even in color I can't see them doing justice here. Purple blob for Penguin? Eh.
I think you're more responding to the LCD being kind of dull, just a TV playing back clips isn't that exciting. Not much energy or custom editing etc. But I don't think that's an indictment of the LCD, just the choices.
It's early still, maybe it will get better. Or, it's Stern, maybe it won't change at all and you'll be begging for code changes for years to come.

Its definitely different and will take some time getting use to i suppose ,especially after 26 years of the dot matrix.....lol

#6721 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm cheering for Stern's first colo(u)r display! Long overdue. Loving the complete Batman 66 package. I would have sold my Ghostbusters Pro to buy Batman 66, but that price jump was just a bit much for me to get past in my head at the moment. Thought I would sit back and let the dust settle. To put it in perspective, the extra dollars for Batman 66 Premium is the equivalent of half a Stern Pro game in Australia.

Will this new display cause more delays for code in future Stern games?

#6722 7 years ago

Damn!! I've been somewhat scepticle of this machine and how the LCD would look- but I have to say I'm really impressed with that video, even with obvious early code.

The game looks like a lot of fun, and that rotating platform thing looks great. I think I'll end up with one of these at some point for sure.. can't wait to play it

#6723 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Here is Video #2. 6+ min, showcasing 2 modes completed, Extra ball and Multiball. I don't like the angle of this video, because its straight on and washes out the colors on the LCD. nothing wrong with the LCD, its the angle the video is being shot.
» YouTube video
GAP

I'd increase the pitch on that game. For a Stern it seems like it's playing in slow motion. Do most of you guys set your games to play that slow?

Thanks for the vid though - most appreciated.

#6724 7 years ago

Look at the clip art purple penguin they put on the crane to make it "fit" the theme. Love the toy but why not put the grinning Penguin himself on with a sticker? This just looks too forced and half assed at the same time.

I'd have to peel that off day one

Others will undoubtedly love it.

#6725 7 years ago

It looks like its better flow and faster than TDK, but really annoying music -_-

B66 just with Nolans Dark Knight trilogy would be great!

#6726 7 years ago

Awesome videos thank you! I am supposed to get my LE tomorrow, i will unbox it at my restaurant and have it there on location if anyone wants to come down and play.

#6727 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Do most of you guys set your games to play that slow?

No. But really, there are two camps on that. Some people like them to play lightning fast, and others like the slower and calmer. It is always funny to go to someones house when they say they are a great player, and find their games to be slow and easy. To each their own.

#6728 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

No. But really, there are two camps on that. Some people like them to play lightning fast, and others like the slower and calmer. It is always funny to go to someones house when they say they are a great player, and find their games to be slow and easy. To each their own.

Slow ain't easy.

I don't like shallow games as it's harder to control the ball with the flippers. Steep games are much easier for a skilled player and more fun as well.

#6729 7 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Awesome videos thank you! I am supposed to get my LE tomorrow, i will unbox it at my restaurant and have it there on location if anyone wants to come down and play.

Awesome- you have the Korean buffet place (can't remember the name...) right? If so, I was there a cpl mos ago and your TWD had my sound-mix and I thought that was so cool to see my work across the country on location

Batman is clearly running basic code but still looked great to me. Wide open ball travel, some ramp flow, the crane, great theme appropriate music, screen looks fantastic and not Overwhelming like I find the jjp's. Pumped to drop my $10k lol

#6730 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Pumped to drop my $10k lol

I worry that so many were "pumped" to drop 10k on this game without even seeing it, that we have just paved the way for Stern to push prices into an area that would of been unthinkable only a few years ago.

#6731 7 years ago
Quoted from doomid:

Ditto on arrival date. I sadly won't be able to unbox, set it up until the weekend now (this crazy thing called work)....

#6732 7 years ago

Nice video.

Since the noise of the ball and mechanisms are so loud I guess the glass is off? I can't tell on my phone.

#6733 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I worry that so many were "pumped" to drop 10k on this game without even seeing it, that we have just paved the way for Stern to push prices into an area that would of been unthinkable only a few years ago.

No doubt- but, Dead horse man... kapow... boutique... more license to recoup, LCD development costs, etc etc. Read the pinball magazine interview with George Gomez.

For clarity- I'm not pumped to drop $10k on just any game; I'm pumped to drop $10k on THIS product of limited build qty, awesome theme/layout/development team. More dead horse beating.

#6734 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Look at the clip art purple penguin they put on the crane to make it "fit" the theme. Love the toy but why not put the grinning Penguin himself on with a sticker? This just looks too forced and half assed at the same time.

They probably didn't have an art asset of The Penguin that fit. The art is from artist, but he didn't create the vast majority of the art for the pinball machine. The art is still pre-existing art and was put onto the game in collage fashion. That limits a bit what they could do for small stuff or really special placement. I'm guessing that it was license restriction, because the sound effects are recycled from the Batman '66 slot machine as well. High quality art, sure, but it's still not custom.

#6735 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Avg Ball times are around 4 plus minutes.

What! I hope you mean game times. If ball times are 4 minutes my BM66 prem will never see location play.

#6736 7 years ago

20161228_102516 (resized).jpg20161228_102516 (resized).jpg

#6737 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

There is a grinning penguin inside the cab via a plastic insert. Actually 3 plastics so he's on all 3 sides. Not sure if it lights up or not. If it doesn't that could be a nice mod.

Quoted from jar155:

High quality art, sure, but it's still not custom.

Pretty sure that art is custom since it shows him controlling the 2 handles for the crane. Artist also created a lot of other custom art for the game.

peng2 (resized).jpgpeng2 (resized).jpg
peng4 (resized).jpgpeng4 (resized).jpg

#6738 7 years ago

Worked up an appetite picking up pinball.

20161228_105621 (resized).jpg20161228_105621 (resized).jpg

#6739 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Worked up an appetite picking up pinball.

I'm finally jealous of an SLE owner, awesome dogs and fries.

#6740 7 years ago

Looks pretty sweet!

#6741 7 years ago

Thanks for the videos...looks pretty cool!

#6742 7 years ago

hell yes, chili dogs and pinball!

#6743 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There is a grinning penguin inside the cab via a plastic insert. Actually 3 plastics so he's on all 3 sides. Not sure if it lights up or not. If it doesn't that could be a nice mod.

Pretty sure that art is custom since it shows him controlling the 2 handles for the crane. Artist also created a lot of other custom art for the game.

Oh there is some custom art, sure. It's just that the vast majority is from pre-existing assets. That's why it's not really fair to nitpick little things in this instance. There was definitely some sort of licensed art package to work with.

#6744 7 years ago

Picking up some dessert for tonight.

20161228_113147 (resized).jpg20161228_113147 (resized).jpg

#6745 7 years ago

Here are the unboxing pics. This thing is stunning......

Edit: Sorry...pics are pretty bad. Guess I was snapping them too quickly (too anxious to play).

20161228_151513 (resized).jpg20161228_151513 (resized).jpg
20161228_161031 (resized).jpg20161228_161031 (resized).jpg
20161228_161050 (resized).jpg20161228_161050 (resized).jpg
20161228_161011 (resized).jpg20161228_161011 (resized).jpg
20161228_161134 (resized).jpg20161228_161134 (resized).jpg
20161228_161722 (resized).jpg20161228_161722 (resized).jpg
20161228_161908 (resized).jpg20161228_161908 (resized).jpg

#6746 7 years ago

Pass the napkin, I certainly would lap up some peanut butter cheesecake right off that sparkling armor. No problem!

A real beauty of a game, congratulations!

#6747 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Edit: Sorry...pics are pretty bad. Guess I was snapping them too quickly (too anxious to play).

Wow that game looks freakin' amazing. I am so jealous. Enjoy!

#6748 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I worry that so many were "pumped" to drop 10k on this game without even seeing it,

10k AT Xmas.

rd

#6749 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Where's the topper?

#6750 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Where's the topper?

Ha! I asked the same question after I got home with it. A quick call to Stern revealed the topper will ship after the first of the year.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.