PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 142.
#4251 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

The embarrassing thing about the misspelling is that it is correct just a few inches below the wrong one.

That is a hard word for me to spell too but I think I'd use spellcheck before I put it on a production machine.

#4252 7 years ago

Premium looked way vanilla next to the other 2....not enough time to really dive in...gimmicky cert stuff to justify the price, I guess...no way to tell how it shoots...

#4253 7 years ago

This LCD BDK VE looks great. To me thats what it is.

Stern can still juggle on Deezzzzz tho

Glad to say goodbye to the DMD of course. I want to see what Stern does price & innovation wise on their next release before I write them off & pull the trigger on a game from a different manufacturer.

I suspect my collection will be up for sale. RIP DMD!

#4254 7 years ago

I love it. I'm not stoked about the price, no-one is, except Gary.

At a glance you can easily see it had a lot more flow than BDK and will feel quite different. The art is phenomenal.

Have some of the negative nellies forgotten that Lyman is programming this game?

Here is a beautiful game that looks like it has flow, nostalgia, an LCD, beautiful simplicity of two flippers and the best programmer on it.

I'm extremely excited and won't miss the $2-3k upcharge. I'd rather spend too much on a unique work of art that's fun to play than get something old and subpar with money left to spare.

#4255 7 years ago

sigh.... $10 or $15,000.00 and it doesn't come with the anti-glare glass. Look at some of the pictures.

That LCD screen looks great but you guys should plan on ordering some PDI glass.

#4256 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

spfx,look at the left side,and you will see 5 drop targets,one is already lit!So,magnets again huh? No magna slings??More balls to degauss! I wish they had that Batmobile on the side of our LEs! And are those Chrome side blades, No art blades like GB/PRe?Mezel here we go!!Looks like a comic book on legs,but a keeper for me!!

I don't see any signs of drop targets. They look to be static stand targets just like BDK.

#4257 7 years ago

I'm curious what they could have done to make the price worth it. They just went overboard on the hike. Widebody? Full backbox LED screen? I think they took too big of a jump. I wonder if they're just trying to cover the development cost of the new screen with this one game. Maybe they should have just kept making DMD games because it wasn't affecting game sales.

The new screen is really the first significant upgrade to their games since 1994?

#4258 7 years ago

Nice machine, but it looks like fur coat no knickers to me.

#4259 7 years ago

Is everyone really jazzed about the art?

To my eyes it looks like cut and paste plopped down on top of some hand-drawn graphics... Ghostbusters is way more original. Frankly for $15K, I'd expect to see 100% original images, not to be found anywhere else on the planet.

And is that a standard sheet of Stern glass on this game? 15K Stern.... come on!

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.55.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.55.59 PM (resized).png

*edit* Glass comment... looks like we noticed it at the same time Mr.68!

#4260 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

sigh.... $10 or $15,000.00 and it doesn't come with the anti-glare glass. Look at some of the pictures.
That LCD screen looks great but you guys should plan on ordering some PDI glass.

full agree- at these prices there should be literally no add-on's desired.

#4261 7 years ago

Just watched the video again and I gotta say it does look a little dark. I had a tdk and did have to add spotlights to it. Im surprised stern did not add them as they've really learned to light there games well since TDK came out. Oh well, its not that hard to add a few spotlights.

#4262 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

The embarrassing thing about the misspelling is that it is correct just a few inches below the wrong one.

Did the collector price just go up for the early, misspelled versions?

#4263 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I love it. I'm not stoked about the price, no-one is, except Gary.
At a glance you can easily see it had a lot more flow than BDK and will feel quite different. The art is phenomenal.
Have some of the negative nellies forgotten that Lyman is programming this game?
Here is a beautiful game that looks like it has flow, nostalgia, an LCD, beautiful simplicity of two flippers and the best programmer on it.
I'm extremely excited and won't miss the $2-3k upcharge. I'd rather spend too much on a unique work of art that's fun to play than get something old and subpar with money left to spare.

He programmed the original also...

#4264 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't see any signs of drop targets. They look to be static stand targets just like BDK.

Yep, they are stand targets:

8448ea7ebbc5baa0d6cf8f09e6a761bdf0cef832 (resized).jpg8448ea7ebbc5baa0d6cf8f09e6a761bdf0cef832 (resized).jpg

#4265 7 years ago

Thanks for your unbiased opinion and not wanting to here other peoples views

Quoted from ATLpb:

Found an LE. Deposit paid. I can't resist the corniness of KAPOW.

What a shock

#4266 7 years ago

Looks pretty nice actually, art is cool, and the cab and armour look good. Lcd is nice.

The layout reminds me more of the 3k costco stripped down tdk with another ramp.

batmanlite3 (resized).jpgbatmanlite3 (resized).jpg

#4267 7 years ago

What are the prices?

#4268 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

The layout reminds me more of the 3k costco stripped down tdk with another ramp.

Strip it down, raise up that price

#4269 7 years ago

Does the TV do more than just play clips? If there isn't some information during game play, beyond score and player/ball #, seems like a waste. This is all attract mode video so far - but its not a 5 section or 9 section used of the LCD like WoZ or Hobbit.

#4271 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thanks for your unbiased opinion and not wanting to here other peoples views

What a shock

yes i only love it because i'm buying it- not for all the reasons i just typed

#4272 7 years ago

I was really thinking that Stern was kidding with the teaser pictures of already used artwork and hotwheels toys that cost 5 dollar. Do I look stupid now seeing that they actually used them !

I really expected they would make this their masterpiece, showing off they could do better than JJP and Heighway together. Not so much...

Only thing they proved to me is that they can manipulate people in thinking something is great when it is expensive enough. Love my Sterns, but for me they now showed once and for all it is all about squeezing more money out of us all.

#4273 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Yep, they are stand targets:

Here.. fixed that picture for ya...

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 1.13.36 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-13 at 1.13.36 PM (resized).png

#4274 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Does the TV do more than just play clips? If there isn't some information during game play, beyond score and player/ball #, seems like a waste. This is all attract mode video so far - but its not a 5 section or 9 section used of the LCD like WoZ or Hobbit.

I'm curious as well. Someone on facebook asked if the game would be at Expo and they said they are going to try but it's still undecided. I was hoping to play it.

#4276 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

yes i only love it because i'm buying it- not for all the reasons i just typed

Yes all the reasons it's awesome without playing it...brillaint.

#4277 7 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Nice machine, but it looks like fur coat no knickers to me.

So you're saying it's a huge turn-on?

#4278 7 years ago

Does anyone think they will make the SLE translite available to purchase?

#4279 7 years ago

did i miss a post on the actual pricing somewhere?

#4280 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes all the reasons it's awesome without playing it...brillaint.

lol- where do i mention "play" ? i stated the layout looks flowy and fun and i like two flipper games in general.

why do you think it is NOT awesome without playing it?

we can go on all day and you'll still be the guy that wants to not like it no matter what.

#4281 7 years ago

No external volume controls on the SLE.

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 1.18.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-10-13 at 1.18.24 PM (resized).png

#4282 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

tumblr_o0d1zw2tv61sh93myo1_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_o0d1zw2tv61sh93myo1_500 (resized).jpg

#4283 7 years ago

Game looks cool but its Sterns biggest cash grab yet. We now know that the Super LE was only created to introduce another model option, raise prices and increase profit margins across all models. Sad.

Batman 66 Premium = regular Stern pro
Batman 66 LE = regular Stern premium
Batman 66 SLE = regular Stern LE

There's nothing "super" at all to the SLE, a Star Trek LE looks more impressive. Invisiglass? No. External volume control? No. Ridiculous.

#4284 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Premium $8599
LE $9999 240 units
SLE 14999 80 units

#4285 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

we can go on all day and you'll still be the guy that wants to not like it no matter what.

Not true, I just said it wasn't as appealing as the original and and you didn't like that for some reason. I didn't know whey then i realized you pre-ordered it yada yada you're on of those people. I hope it's great.

#4286 7 years ago

The premium art reminds me of Austin Powers, it's like they took two unloved games (BDK and Austin Powers) and combined them into one, doubling the price, lol.

austin (resized).jpgaustin (resized).jpg

#4287 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Premium $8599
LE $9999 240 units
SLE 14999 80 units

Premium $8599
LE $9999 240 units
SLE 14999 80 units*

*at the moment

#4288 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You can't expect everybody on the urban dictionary to spell correctly.

Or anybody making $15000 pinball machines for that matter.

#4289 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe they meant $1,500.... not $15,000?

Anything is possible

#4290 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

$15k for that machine is absolutely insane....just like the SLE KISS sold to the KISS army people...

#4291 7 years ago

It kicks ass! Just finished tour

#4292 7 years ago

Hopefully the ghosting issues have been fixed.

#4293 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Premium $8599
LE $9999 240 units
SLE 14999 80 units

that's just obscene.
Would I be correct in surmising that the 80 SLE's are already purchased and spoken for?

#4294 7 years ago

I like big bush Catwoman!

#4295 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That is a hard word for me to spell too but I think I'd use spellcheck before I put it on a production machine.

I am sure they will, those are pre production machines

#4296 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

It kicks ass! Just finished tour

Give us some in person perspective Art

#4297 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I like big bush Catwoman!

1966 indeed!

#4298 7 years ago

And knocked wallets right out of back pockets, I'm sure.

#4299 7 years ago

No interest in this overgrown crayola box.

#4300 7 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

that's just obscene.
Would I be correct in surmising that the 80 SLE's are already purchased and spoken for?

I don't think so. They announced 30 SLEs first and it was invitation only to buy. They just recently announced the extra 50.

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.