PhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png
PhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).png
20170110_213017 (resized).jpg
20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 142.
#7051 7 years ago

Repair begins...

20170110_121713 (resized).jpg20170110_121713 (resized).jpg

#7053 7 years ago

I can see why it was installed incorrectly. If you install the bat into the plastic using logic (plastic with number readable in lower right with bat in the upward position), it will be off centered. The bat has to be installed upside down with respect to the plastic to be centered/installed properly.

20170110_123234 (resized).jpg20170110_123234 (resized).jpg

#7055 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

If you install the bat into the plastic using logic (plastic with number readable in lower right with bat in the upward position), it will be off centered. The bat has to be installed upside down with respect to the plastic to be centered/installed properly

If they would have centered the 2 mounting holes, and made one screw bigger than the other, it would be impossible to assemble wrong:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poka-yoke

#7056 7 years ago

All is well in the world again.

20170110_125144 (resized).jpg20170110_125144 (resized).jpg

#7057 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If they would have centered the 2 mounting holes, and made one screw bigger than the other, it would be impossible to assemble wrong:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poka-yoke

Agreed.

Honestly, the majority of the assembly is poka-yoke. Unfortunately, if the ENTIRE assembly isn't poka-yoke, this is what happens.

#7058 7 years ago

Topper unboxing. 4 screws, one cap in the backbox. Feed wire harness thru and connect 5 connectors.

There were no instructions on how to focus the batbeam. ... simply unscrew the wing nut and pull end piece of bat signal either up or down until you get focus.

I love it! Nice work Stern. May be the best topper to date

PhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484104656883 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484104697396 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484104747814 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484104814366 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484104994689 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484105154578 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484105059736 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484105202108 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).pngPhotoGrid_1484105252522 (resized).png20170110_213017 (resized).jpg20170110_213017 (resized).jpg

#7059 7 years ago

#7060 7 years ago

The game does look amazing.

#7061 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Topper unboxing. 4 screws, one cap in the backbox. Feed wire harness thru and connect 5 connectors.
There were no instructions on how to focus the batbeam. ... simply unscrew the wing nut and pull end piece of bat signal either up or down until you get focus.

That looks awesome!!! Really hoping the LE toppers are identical except for the beacon, which could be added later ( supposedly). It obviously interacts w gameplay w all those connections....congrats!!!...special machine, for sure....

#7062 7 years ago

The bat signal is awesome, i agree that topper is far and away one of the nicest overall

#7063 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Thank you for the many pictures!
I think it looks awesome and appears to be very well made. Big step up from Ghostbusters.
Enjoy!

#7064 7 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Since your bat is backwards you should call yours NAMTAB 99.

hey now... i've got the copyright on backwards names

#7065 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Where/how does the Batsignal plug in to the topper circuit boards?

#7066 7 years ago

so much better then the topper for Aerosmith

#7067 7 years ago

Did not get the topper with my game.

How does one get the topper. Will it just show up on my doorstep. Will I be contacted by my distributor? Is there something I need to do?

#7068 7 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

How does one get the topper. Will it just show up on my doorstep. Will I be contacted by my distributor? Is there something I need to do?

They're sending them separately via UPS.

#7069 7 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Check with your distributor. Mine came with my game today, but it may have shipped to the dealer at the same time. It was in a separate box and not packed inside the game carton (no room).

#7070 7 years ago

This is killing me, ally guys getting your games an not getting/getting the topper. I still don't know when mine is coming.

#7071 7 years ago

Day two one of the screws on a plastic near the crane came off, causing balls to get stuck. No big deal really but checking other screws, most of them were really loose. Just a heads up, people might want to check screws on theirs, although it might be an isolated situation.

#7072 7 years ago
Quoted from cwales:

Day two one of the screws on a plastic near the crane came off, causing balls to get stuck. No big deal really but checking other screws, most of them were really loose. Just a heads up, people might want to check screws on theirs, although it might be an isolated situation.

Thanks for the reminder. It's looking like I'll get mine Friday. I have plans to stream on Sat afternoon if all goes well.

Also, topper looks great but I'm trying to go topper less, so my LE topper will be available for sale. I've sent an email to Stern asking if my LE topper will work with someone's premium to confirm.

#7073 7 years ago

Got to play this yesterday on location at robot city games in Binghamton, NY. Can't believe they got one. It came in Monday and I drove an hour and 20 mins after work to go play it. I was worried I wouldn't like it because although I'm a huge batman 66 fan I don't like the dark knight pinball machine. That being said it doesn't play like dark knight and it is glorious! Cool thing about playing it so new is I got to put my name in the machine with a lousy score. On the last game of the night I got multiball for the first time of the night with three characters completed and as soon as it started up it stopped scoring completely and two balls got stuck in the penguin shot. Had 280,000,000 at the time with two more balls to play. it was a bummer but overall a great night and this machine is awesome.

#7074 7 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

Got to play this yesterday on location st robot city games in Binghamton, NY. Can't believe they got one. It came in Monday and I drove an hour and 20 mins after work to go play it. I was a worried I wouldn't like it because although I'm a huge batman 66 fan I don't like the dark knight pinball machine. That being said it doesn't play like dark knight and it is glorious! Cool this about playing it so new is I got to put my name in the machine with a lousy score. On the last game of the night I got multiball for the first time of the night with three characters completed and as soon as it started up it stopped scoring completely and two balls got stuck in the penguin shot. Had 280,000,000 at the time with two more balls to play. it was a bummer but overall a great night and this machine is awesome.

Glad you got to play! The balls being stuck was a result of a screw falling out, as I posted about above. Easy fix anyhow, sorry it messed up a great game...

#7075 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I've sent an email to Stern asking if my LE topper will work with someone's premium to confirm.

Pretty sure the Premiums do not have the two boards that drive the topper, so those would have to be added to a Premium before the topper would be operational.

#7076 7 years ago

A PRe for sale.and we still wait for our LEs,this really sucks!!!

#7077 7 years ago

Mine was delivered in the best condition of any NIB pin I've purchased. (this was #7 NIB for me from Stern, JJP, and Chicago Gaming).

Absolutely no adjustments of any type. Have only removed the glass to remove packing material and install a mod.

I will check the screws holding rotating bat mobile in place. I can def see how they'd work loose.

IMG_8580 (resized).JPGIMG_8580 (resized).JPG

#7078 7 years ago

Such a beautiful game, I am super jealous of you SLE and LE fellas! I wish I had the space to get a premium, unfortunately squeezing 10 into my house, let alone TSPP as #11 really filled the place up :-/

Maybe someday I'll let GOT LE go so I can get a BM66

#7079 7 years ago

Bump,WackyBrakke,Nice collection,7 is my limit,this pin will do it for me,till we move!!!

#7080 7 years ago
Quoted from cwales:

Glad you got to play! The balls being stuck was a result of a screw falling out, as I posted about above. Easy fix anyhow, sorry it messed up a great game...

It's no big deal I'll just have to come up Friday and put up a better game to make up for it haha. Looking at your collection on here I'm guessing the pins at robot city are yours. Thank you for putting that Batman on location!!

#7081 7 years ago

That bat signal looks awesome. I'm so glad this pin rules!

#7082 7 years ago
Quoted from cwales:

Not isolated. I suggest all owners check play field screws when they get their games, especially the spinning Bat Mobile and the plastics holding the cats.

#7083 7 years ago

So... day 3 and I'm getting a node error, node 24 shows bad in diognostics and the playfield TV is out. At least the game is still playable while I'm waiting for an answer from Stern.

IMG_8785 (resized).JPGIMG_8785 (resized).JPG

#7084 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Mine was delivered in the best condition of any NIB pin I've purchased. (this was #7 NIB for me from Stern, JJP, and Chicago Gaming).
Absolutely no adjustments of any type. Have only removed the glass to remove packing material and install a mod.
I will check the screws holding rotating bat mobile in place. I can def see how they'd work loose.

That topper really finishes it off nicely.

#7085 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Such a beautiful game, I am super jealous of you SLE and LE fellas! I wish I had the space to get a premium, unfortunately squeezing 10 into my house, let alone TSPP as #11 really filled the place up :-/
Maybe someday I'll let GOT LE go so I can get a BM66

This is how I squeezed in BM66 ... sad but ya gotta do what ya gotta do

20170111_211313 (resized).jpg20170111_211313 (resized).jpg

#7086 7 years ago

New code is up! Looks like they added a lot including more sounds and voices.

IMG_8821 (resized).JPGIMG_8821 (resized).JPG

#7087 7 years ago

This would be my ultimate dream if it was a Back to the Future re-make. Fantastic translite, clips from the movies and a Delorean topper with Marty, Doc and Einstein. I can see why Batman 66 fans would be very happy. Looks fantastic!

#7088 7 years ago

Could an owner please check the LCD to see if it had a video out? And if so, what's connection type?

#7089 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

This would be my ultimate dream if it was a Back to the Future re-make. Fantastic translite, clips from the movies and a Delorean topper with Marty, Doc and Einstein. I can see why Batman 66 fans would be very happy. Looks fantastic!

A back to the future pin would be awesome with the new display.

#7090 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Could an owner please check the LCD to see if it had a video out? And if so, what's connection type?

There is an hdmi on the board. Wonder if that's it??

IMG_3945 (resized).JPGIMG_3945 (resized).JPG

#7091 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

There is an hdmi on the board. Wonder if that's it??

Thanks.

#7092 7 years ago

I'm streaming my LE right now.

Www.twitch.tv/gapinball

#7093 7 years ago

Thanks for doing this.

What do you have the pitch set at? Game looks fast, especially compared to other videos I've seen.

#7094 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for doing this.
What do you have the pitch set at? Game looks fast, especially compared to other videos I've seen.

About 6.8

I usually play around 6.6-6.7

#7095 7 years ago

I was enjoying the stream, but it just went down. Hope you guys get it back online.

#7096 7 years ago

I have an le and my topper only works when not in play. When I play the game its off but as soon as im done it works. Are there any settings?

#7097 7 years ago
Quoted from psychoticmark:

I have an le and my topper only works when not in play. When I play the game its off but as soon as im done it works. Are there any settings?

I don't think it's coded yet.

#7098 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I was enjoying the stream, but it just went down. Hope you guys get it back online.

We'll do it again Friday around 7pm EST.

#7099 7 years ago

Even on Batman .65, the lazy susan in this game is still a mess. Had a situation tonight where it was telling me to go for the batphone, but it was in back and inaccessible.

Also had the one where a ball gets trapped and it does a ball search, releasing the balls in lock, and as soon as one of them exits, the PF goes dead (because you "lost" your ball) and that ball's done.

6 months later
#7100 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

While we patiently wait for real new I was wondering if there were really 120 bat gadgets on the show or not for Stern to choose from on their LE plaques. A quick search on the interwebs shows there were a lot more than that:
http://adamwest.tripod.com/equip.htm
Lots of funny ones I didn't remember until I saw the list. I love the "Empty Alphabet Soup Bat-Container" from the Green Hornet episode. It even comes with a Bat-Funnel so you don't spill the soup.
» YouTube video

A lot of people remember the bat shark repellent but I forgot that the bat copter was equipped with a whole arsenal of oceanic repellents.

I am proud to say that I am the new owner of Bat Gadget #83 "Empty Alphabet Soup Container"! I haven't posted pics yet, but I will soon. Trying to get my mods list together!

There are 7,100 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-by-stern-new-info/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.