• 11,176 posts
  • 789 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by mollyspub
  • Topic is favorited by 325 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Homepin 24 Opto Board Diagram.pdf (PDF preview)
mfh-2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2593 (resized).jpeg
20240126_075615 (resized).jpg
20240126_075714 (resized).jpg
20240420_180919 (resized).jpg
20240420_180930 (resized).jpg
IMG_1048 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1038 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1040 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6916 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6914 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6912 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3997 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 224.
#10401 9 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Anyone here got a spare Williams 15430 opto 10 board they wanna sell.

Why not order one of these?

https://www.pinballlife.com/10-opto-replacement-board-a-15430.html?Category_Code=

#10403 9 months ago

It’s probably a good idea as a back up replacement but I don’t like those surface amount. Until I get the original repaired.

#10404 9 months ago

Good idea. Thanks.

#10405 9 months ago

I wasn't aware of the Weebly - Good to know!

#10406 9 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

It’s probably a good idea as a back up replacement but I don’t like those surface amount. Until I get the original repaired.

The chips have redundant set of through holes. With sharp flush cutters you can snip out the SMT chip leaving a fresh set of through holes (can be replaced with no desoldering!). The current limiting resistor load has been spread across many 1w resistors to help dissipate heat better. What normally kills these boards is the 12v filter cap leaks and rots away traces. That electrolytic cap has been replaced with five 22uF MLCC caps that will likely never fail. Automated assembly helps keep the costs down and to have a big library of boards.

#10407 9 months ago
Quoted from barakandl:

The chips have redundant set of through holes. With sharp flush cutters you can snip out the SMT chip leaving a fresh set of through holes (can be replaced with no desoldering!). The current limiting resistor load has been spread across many 1w resistors to help dissipate heat better. What normally kills these boards is the 12v filter cap leaks and rots away traces. That electrolytic cap has been replaced with five 22uF MLCC caps that will likely never fail. Automated assembly helps keep the costs down and to have a big library of boards.

Wow, amazing info.

#10408 9 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Wow, amazing info.

No red LED? I see three 10NF B1,2&3 LED’s could you explain…over my head.

#10409 9 months ago

Just joined the club so please be patient with my line of idiot questioning.

Anyone know if the stupid prototype sling plastics are available anywhere? Only sources I have found are a site that doesn't ship to the US; ebay sell is asking close to $100.

image_43564_1 (resized).jpgimage_43564_1 (resized).jpg
#10410 9 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Anyone know if the stupid prototype sling plastics are available anywhere? Only sources I have found are a site that doesn't ship to the US; ebay sell is asking close to $100.[quoted image]

You want the whole plastic set?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1744

#10411 9 months ago

None of my other plastics are broken and that's a heft price for a set I'm not needing :/

#10412 9 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

None of my other plastics are broken and that's a heft price for a set I'm not needing :/

Whats the site you found them at that doesn't ship to the US?

I just found this. Not sure about their US shipping policies.

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/dracula-bram-stoker-slingshot-covers.html

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/3909/extra-prototype-slingshot-plastics-forbram-stroker-s-dracula

#10413 9 months ago

Thanks so much! Ministry offered US shipping, the 2nd link did not.

#10414 9 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Thanks so much! Ministry offered US shipping, the 2nd link did not.

I was actually curious how many BSD owners actually have those enlarged sling plastics installed on their pins.

Seems like they would hide the ball during game play.

#10415 9 months ago

I may have some at home, not needed and you can have for free just post cost. I'll get back to you Friday if you haven't sorted by then.

#10416 9 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I was actually curious how many BSD owners actually have those enlarged sling plastics installed on their pins.
Seems like they would hide the ball during game play.

I have them on mine, came that way.

#10417 9 months ago
Quoted from KJS:

I may have some at home, not needed and you can have for free just post cost. I'll get back to you Friday if you haven't sorted by then.

Thank you so much!

#10418 9 months ago

Pinball.center does not ship to the USA, unless you're a dealer or some bs. There is a guy on here ZITT that will occasionally do group buys on that site since they will ship to him.

#10419 9 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Anyone know if the stupid prototype sling plastics are available anywhere? Only sources I have found are a site that doesn't ship to the US; ebay sell is asking close to $100.[quoted image]

I don't have them on mine and initially I didn't want them, now I do. Missed out on a couple of deals on them now everything I see is expensive

#10420 9 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Also add the Blood Dripping Sling & Lane protectors!!

#10421 9 months ago
Quoted from Bohm:

I don't have them on mine and initially I didn't want them, now I do. Missed out on a couple of deals on them now everything I see is expensive

I got mine from the Pinball Center back in 2012. I see that they no longer ship to the US. I have seen them on Ebay from time to time as well.

Gord

P1000667 (resized).JPGP1000667 (resized).JPG
P1000668 (resized).JPGP1000668 (resized).JPG

#10422 9 months ago

Anyone have a source for the plastic habitrail on the left underside of the playfield? I accidentally broke mine while doing some other work. Careless!!

...would also love to get my hands on a new main ramp.

#10423 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Anyone have a source for the plastic habitrail on the left underside of the playfield? I accidentally broke mine while doing some other work. Careless!!

I have an extremely nice, flame polished, all decals attached main ramp for sale if interested. Can be found in this group as well.

#10424 9 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Positive:

Also have a nice main ramp if interested!

#10425 9 months ago

Anyone do the non main smaller coffin ramp?

#10426 9 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

This could be an easy DIY build from 3mm Macrolon…

#10427 9 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Starship is doing repros apparently this year ??

#10428 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I see them available on EBay at a good price ($55 + shipping?). I like these other options too. The Frankenstein ones would look cool, or the Tilt ones for Drac, either the Harvest Moon ones or the castle theme.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Listing these if anyone is interested. One of a kind! $75.00 plus shipping within the USA.

IMG_5686 (resized).jpegIMG_5686 (resized).jpegIMG_5687 (resized).jpegIMG_5687 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#10429 9 months ago

This would make for a pretty mean alternate translite.

71bD0ahzDbL._AC_SY879_ (resized).jpg71bD0ahzDbL._AC_SY879_ (resized).jpg
#10430 9 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

[quoted image]

that would make an awesome alternate!

#10431 9 months ago

I have 2 errors on my game.

Opto #52 error - I think this is on the left side. How do I get to this opto?

The ball auto fires to the right side mist hold area but immediately drops the ball onto the playfield.

Thanks

#10432 9 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

[quoted image]

What is the source? Looks like a promo piece from the film. Is it a metal tag? Holes in each corner...

#10433 9 months ago
Quoted from Zee:

What is the source? Looks like a promo piece from the film. Is it a metal tag? Holes in each corner...

Found it on Etsy… it’s a 12 x 10 metal print.

#10434 9 months ago
Quoted from marksf123:

The ball auto fires to the right side mist hold area but immediately drops the ball onto the playfield.
Thanks

That's the opto in the left mist pocket. Check with your cell phone to see if the transmitter is outputting light. You should see purple light through your camera lens.

You'll probably have to take off the abbey mold, left VUK wire form and plastic to get to it but it's a quick job.

If you do have light from the transmitter, try to realign it with the transmitter.
If you don't have light, try to shine an incandescent flashlight into the receiver while in switch edge test.

If both or either fail this test try to resolder them back on.

#10435 9 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Found it on Etsy… it’s a 12 x 10 metal print.

Which means they likely scanned in some promo art and used it to order and resell the metal prints. It probably will not have adequate resolution to be scanned in again and scaled up to backglass size. If we could get the source imagery in high res, there might be hope.

#10436 9 months ago
Quoted from Zee:

Which means they likely scanned in some promo art and used it to order and resell the metal prints. It probably will not have adequate resolution to be scanned in again and scaled up to backglass size. If we could get the source imagery in high res, there might be hope.

If you use Chrome, you can right click and image and reverse image search it. Here's a high res version https://www.themoviedb.org/t/p/original/wpznoW7wdbX0N1guRGST8hmeS70.jpg

#10437 9 months ago
Quoted from roffels:

If you use Chrome, you can right click and image and reverse image search it. Here's a high res version https://www.themoviedb.org/t/p/original/wpznoW7wdbX0N1guRGST8hmeS70.jpg

2000 x 3000 - good resolution but the artwork would need to be rearranged into a landscape orientation. It's 2-3 times taller than the backglass the way it is now.

#10438 9 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

[quoted image]

If I am going to replace the translite, it will be with many naked and appealing concubine.

#10439 9 months ago
Quoted from Zee:

2000 x 3000 - good resolution but the artwork would need to be rearranged into a landscape orientation. It's 2-3 times taller than the backglass the way it is now.

Ive reached out to the original artist (Vance Kelly) to see if they would be interested and how much $$ it would cost for them to rework the print into a backglass sized for our machines.
IMG_7666 (resized).pngIMG_7666 (resized).png

#10440 9 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Ive reached out to the original artist (Vance Kelly) to see if they would be interested and how much $$ it would cost for them to rework the print into a backglass sized for our machines.
[quoted image]

Well that's awesome! Good work.

#10441 9 months ago
Quoted from Zee:

Well that's awesome! Good work.

Now we wait…In other news..drop target not locking up…

707D3622-273D-4104-92D4-1B61CBE75964 (resized).jpeg707D3622-273D-4104-92D4-1B61CBE75964 (resized).jpeg
#10442 9 months ago

Is there a release all balls in Setting like a lot of other WPC’s?

#10443 9 months ago
Quoted from Jwf_pinball:

Check with your cell phone to see if the transmitter is outputting light. You should see purple light through your camera lens.

Nearly every phone camera these days has a UV filter, so you won’t be able to see that anymore.

#10444 9 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Is there a release all balls in Setting like a lot of other WPC’s?

Not for BSD.

#10445 9 months ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Nearly every phone camera these days has a UV filter, so you won’t be able to see that anymore.

I couldn’t find a camera or phone to properly detect it one way or another..

#10447 9 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

[quoted image]

Even better if he could add some bats and rats in there!

#10448 9 months ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

That's news to me. Works for me every time. Is that an iPhone thing?

#10449 9 months ago
Quoted from Jwf_pinball:

That's news to me. Works for me every time. Is that an iPhone thing?

I think you have to use the front-facing camera.

#10450 9 months ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Thanks

Ok well, if you've got no cameras that detect it you'll have to use your multimeter.
You should get ~1.4v across the legs of the LED transmitter.
You should get ~.5v on the receiver while unblocked and ~12v if the beam is blocked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Hartville, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 11,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 224.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only/page/209?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.