IMG_3996 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240328_211148666_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240328_211151343_HDR (resized).jpg
closeup-ic-polarity (resized).jpg
PXL_20240328_000548967 (resized).jpg
17115827208782280267193227941655 (resized).jpg
20240314_090413 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #15 Coin reject image Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #16 Strategy Posted by tomdotcom (11 years ago)

Post #37 Easter Eggs Posted by pinster68 (11 years ago)

Post #78 Easter Egg - SUN (High Score) Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #124 Moon - Green Lit Insert - Diverter is Active Posted by Rum-Z (11 years ago)

Post #145 Castle Lock Ramp Adjustment Posted by Doot77 (11 years ago)

Post #158 PAPA video tutorial Posted by DeathHimself (11 years ago)

Post #266 Prototype Slingshot Plastics - Hex installed (Photos) Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #306 Left side Castle plastic - For Sale Posted by GRB1959 (11 years ago)

Post #378 BSD backbox LED chart Posted by MrBellMan (10 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roffels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7934 3 years ago

I should have a BSD here any day now.

How do cool white LEDs look in this game? I'm moving away from color GI, not sure if warm or cool white would look better.

#7946 2 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I'll be trying out Sunlight white. They look pretty good on the example posted at Comet Pinball: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/dracula-led-kit?_pos=1&_sid=ffb0db12f&_ss=r&variant=31542715220070

#7961 2 years ago

Officially joined the club tonight with a solid player. The fade is pretty bad on the left and front, playfield is a Sun Process and in good shape. This was one of my favorites on location, I never thought I'd have the opportunity to have my own.

20210429_010315 (resized).jpg20210429_010315 (resized).jpg20210429_010423 (resized).jpg20210429_010423 (resized).jpg
#7962 2 years ago

Anyone know which replacement plastics to buy? If I buy from Marco, should I expect to have these oddly off-center printed plastics or are there different producers/prints?
off-center plastic (resized).pngoff-center plastic (resized).png

#7971 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ll take the Batman topper for my DEB. No on the Dracula topper. There are a ton of better ones out there.

I actually think the Drac one is alright! The Batman one bugs me because it's a mix of different incarnations of Batman - videogame Batman, live action Joker, and videogame Batman logo.

It's like putting Bela Lugosi on a BSD topper

#7980 2 years ago

^ I actually think the gray color scheme looks cool

#7988 2 years ago

Anyone here remember the BSD that won or was in the running for Best in Show at the Midwest Gaming Classic 6 or 7 years back? It had a giant subwoofer where the coin door should have been - playing it was something else. I've been hoping to find a photo of it.

#8010 2 years ago

Just thought I'd share what Marcos center and slingshot plastics look like to anyone on the fence about ordering them. The slingshot(uninstalled) looks pretty good. The center plastic has a different shade of purple, but may look fine once lit. I haven't removed their protective film yet and will post a photo when installed.

20210513_162245 (resized).jpg20210513_162245 (resized).jpg20210513_162259 (resized).jpg20210513_162259 (resized).jpg
#8021 2 years ago

^ That looks so cool and I'm kind of embarrassed to follow up your post.

I finished switching over my GI and inserts to LED tonight. Went with sunlight white for the GI.

Only bummer is I can't get the single LED lamp on my right inlane to light - tried a different bulb, twist socket, and tried resoldering the wires. I'm guessing there's a diode that needs replacing? A problem for another night.

drac led (resized).jpgdrac led (resized).jpg
#8027 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Hahahaha, my buddy says the same thing! I think the playfield looks terrific, just not a fan of the translite. If Aurich were to do something like he did for Shadow, I’d be all over it.
Still, theme is better than Shadow (imho), so this game probably won’t be going anywhere for a long while.

I'm right there with you, though have a small complaint about the playfield - it could use a better depiction of Dracula. Give us top-hat Gary Oldman, or weird old-man Dracula in the red robes.

1 week later
#8036 2 years ago

Before I spend a bunch of time tearing things apart, can anyone tell me if the coffin lift ramp is supposed to be perfectly flush with the stationary ramp behind it? Or is it being a little off like in my photo normal? I definitely feel the ball making contact with the ramp.

20210530_204407 (resized).jpg20210530_204407 (resized).jpg
#8039 2 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

Roffels - Mine is the same way.

Thanks. Good to know as it wasn't obvious to me on how to make it better.

4 weeks later
#8135 2 years ago

Is there a group buy for the tombstone cover mod? Looks really great, but I feel a little foolish spending so much on shipping.

1 week later
#8181 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Just rejoined the club! Looking for a couple of parts if anyone can help out?
Right clear plastic lift ramp
Clear Speaker Panel
Left building popper short wire form
Thanks in advance

You can get the lift ramp here:
https://www.fabunlimited.com/pinball/bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-clear-coffin-lock-ramp

#8207 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Oh, man, I have taken this damn thing apart so many times now.....

Tell me about it. I took mine apart last weekend to clean/swap out rubbers, only to put it back together and see I missed a rubber. And put one on wrong.

Debating on whether I want to buy a full plastic set before I take it apart again, or not.

1 week later
#8226 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Nope still in the shed....trying to keep it, but still need to offload 3 games, just can't choose.

I can see why, that's an awesome selection of games.

#8232 2 years ago

Before I bust another coil sleeve, I should check in with you all. Should the flanged part of the sleeve on the shooter be facing the player or the playfield? I've destroyed 2 of these in the past 3 months so figure I'm doing something wrong.

20210725_122050 (resized).jpg20210725_122050 (resized).jpg

Part number:
Coil sleeve - 2-1/16 inch with flange 03-7067-5

#8234 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It goes the way you have it in the pic.

Thanks!

4 weeks later
#8274 2 years ago

Thank you to whomever listed their old, warped plastics on ebay. I had a few busted plastics, I'm hoping after spending some time under the heat gun your old parts will make my game complete again. I couldn't justify $200 for a whole new set as most of mine are in good shape.

20210822_083649 (resized).jpg20210822_083649 (resized).jpg
#8279 2 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Hey everyone,
New to the club, I've been working on getting the game cleaned up and playing right. I noticed that I have a whole row of lights out in the back of the playfield.
This is the row that lights up the back left of the left ramp, the mystery hole, and the 3 lane guides above the jets.
I don't see any roached connectors or broken fuses. It looks like someone put all LED bulbs in there but I'm not sure where to check next.
All the sockets appear to be soldered on just fine, nothing loose and while most of the chain is all yellow GI wire, it does tap into brown and white/brown off a high power lamp it seems (under the left ramp)

I had the same issue, fuse looked fine but I replaced it anyways. All worked fine afterward.

#8281 2 years ago

I believe so, assuming it's the white/brown wire connected to those lights. It's been a while.

#8283 2 years ago

It's pretty great when the problem is literally just a fuse, glad you got it sorted!

#8299 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Thank you to whomever listed their old, warped plastics on ebay. I had a few busted plastics, I'm hoping after spending some time under the heat gun your old parts will make my game complete again. I couldn't justify $200 for a whole new set as most of mine are in good shape.
[quoted image]

Always feels like a small miracle getting the game back together and having it work. Yet somehow I always end up with a spare screw or two.

drac (resized).jpgdrac (resized).jpg
1 month later
#8498 2 years ago

I installed comet wedge domed bulbs a few months back without problems. I did not use every socket though to reduce brightness.

20210928_082338 (resized).jpg20210928_082338 (resized).jpg
#8515 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

FYI.
if you plan to airbrush your faded red on cab decals, this is actually the better paint to use as it doesn't require heat setting to develop a good finish. A 2oz bottle will be plenty. Get a 2oz bottle of black for touch up as well.
Createx Wicked colors.
https://spraygunner.com/wicked-red-w005/?sku=W005-02&setCurrencyId=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0veyrp-p8wIVanxvBB00bg3HEAQYBiABEgKrjPD_BwE

Can you share photos of your results?

#8517 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

See my posts #8461-8463 previous page

Looks good! Not sure why that other person downvoted you, I certainly can't blame you for spending a few bucks on paint vs stripping the cabinet and dumping $400 into decals.

I might have to try this.

1 week later
#8577 2 years ago

Looks good! I also had an extra, lost ball in one of the same spots as you.

#8584 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

My Drac came with standard flippers when I bought it. I watched a Bowen Kerins tutorial video on Dracula and he stated that the lightning flippers (in addition to being 1/8" shorter) make it harder to cradle and post pass. So I am reluctant to swap them out. I do like how the game plays now. Still plenty challenging! Or am I missing something?
Also, my out lanes are medium gap. I assume this was the default??

Playing with lightning flippers will make you play other games better.

#8590 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

P.S.
I was assuming there was a green light in the coffin light board. But for those of you that never took it apart, it's just the regular bulbs shining through the green PCB light board making the green light inside of coffin.[quoted image]

That green light thing bothered me for the longest time

#8598 2 years ago
Quoted from paulie484:

Just completed a full led and rubber change out...wow !! what a experience !!! .... I hope it's a while before I have to do that again !
Rookie mistake, changing leds and one of the first wedge sockets I ended up snapping the socket off this board trying to get the lamp in
I attempted to solder it back on but with limited soldering skills I don't think I have done a good enough job as now the centre and bottom lamp are not working (upper one is fine - as snapshot) - assume I've cooked the circuit to the centre and bottom lights ??
Can anyone confirm what this lamp/switch circuit board this is called ?? - I'm a bit lost looking in the manual for a part number. Then begs the question are these replaceable ? or should I be looking to try and repair my dodgy handy work by a professional if I have killed the circuit?
*borrowed pic of underside from the net for location (at work so unable to take pic of own machine) top pic mine showing the two lights out...
Shaming myself as everything else is working perfectly (and surprisingly !!) after 3 weekends on just changing the leds and rubbers ! You guys who do full shop outs are legends !!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

So, take this with a grain of salt since I'm no expert, but I don't think there's any logic going on with that light board PCB. So there's a chance you just broke a trace or have some cracked solder on your header pins, or possibly a bad diode? I'd start with reflowing solder on the header pins. Can you take a better photo of the board itself? Either way, don't beat your self up too much! You'll get this sorted.

1 month later
#8668 2 years ago

Can someone remind me what causes this insert to light up?

I just replaced some switches in my game, switches seem to be working fine, but this lamp is locked on.

dracula insert (resized).pngdracula insert (resized).png
#8670 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Pretty sure that is a GI lamp; it does not have a number on the lamp location chart on page 2-44 of the manual.

Thanks, yeah. Just checked some videos and all appears normal. Maybe I'm losing my mind, maybe that lamp wasn't working before and just started? Glad I don't have to chase down a problem.

1 week later
#8680 2 years ago

Anyone know what would cause a "Magnet Fault" in the magnet test, before the test even started? Sometimes I'd get the error just because the ball never made it to the left pocket after multiple games, but this would always clear by running the test and exiting.

I was replacing some star posts, figured I'd replace the left pocket opto while I was at it. Everything appears to work. Optos seem to be registering correctly, but I can't get that "Magnet Fault" in the test to clear.

4 weeks later
#8728 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

My wife makes target decals for me sometimes too. I can’t find the ideal art for BSD, but she made me these to help identify the castle lock targets.

Neat but "lite" should be "light" - "lite" refers to beer, "light" refers to illumination.

#8734 2 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Eh, not in pinball. The word “lite” is used often:

Guess pinball designers have beer on the brain

#8753 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Just came here to say I'm about 2 years into the hobby. Currently 5 machines in total but have had 12 throughout that time. Took me a while to work out what I liked and didn't like.
I'm onto my second BSD which is a testament to how good it is. Seems that I love simple rules, but I also get bored quickly. BSD challenges me by whipping my arse like 9 out of 10 games, but that 1 in 10 is just poetry when it all comes together. I just adore this, it's by far my favourite game of all time.

I definitely relate. I only have two games up and running, but I've rotated through 12. BSD is one of the few games that has kept my interest for the reasons you state. It's going to be a hard one to let go.

1 week later
#8789 2 years ago

I've definitely had a few balls hop off the wireform when doing a castle lock or bats - usually after waxing the playfield. Good luck finding a solution, and please update if you find anything out.

#8804 2 years ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

I just replaced the mist optos on mine which were 2 pairs plus the castle locks which are 3 pairs and I think there’s at least 2 more pairs for the video mode loop and the left ramp.

What about the long-throw opto for mist?

I think some of the poppers/upkicks use optos as well.

#8806 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Lol, I knew it was a bunch, but man!! Maybe I'll just order about 10 sets and have spares

Not a bad thing to have on hand. You can also keep the housing from your old optos and just replace the boards to save a little. Or just focus on replacing the transmitters since those are most likely to fail.

#8808 2 years ago

I'm generally not a fan of powder coating, but that metallic flake on black looks great.

1 month later
#8873 2 years ago

Got 30 MILLION twice in one game today, yet just barely missed passing my grand champ score. Satisfying and frustrating all at once.

#8883 2 years ago

Mine only does that after a fresh wax.

#8910 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I’ll be installing new leds on this pin soon. Anyone want to recommend their best colors so far. Ice blue lower play field, purple middle and red up top? I don’t want incandescent. All cool white? It seems like there’s some difficult choices to be made. I can’t tell if this machine looks good puked or not.

I'm happy with Sunlight White. Even though drac hates the sun.

2 weeks later
#8996 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

This is the one for hotrodded pins on YouTube correct?

That incorrect callout triggers me - the first month I had BSD, the game would glitch out any time a specific switch was activated and trigger other switches. Ended up being a bad diode. Funny how such a little cheap part can cause so many issues.

#9010 2 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Can somebody please take a picture like this of theor machine. Am I missing something on mine?

Not sure what you're looking for but it looks like you're missing rubbers underneath the left ramp.

20220319_175940 (resized).jpg20220319_175940 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9108 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxAsh:

Quick question hopefully... Maybe I'm just tired, but how do you remove that ball diverter on the big back ramp? Thanks!

I don't have the game in front of me, but i think there are small lock nuts securing the diverter to the arm, remove those, and if needed, remove the rest of the mech from under the playfield.

1 month later
#9149 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone know why these aren't being made anymore? I am certain if a run was done it'd sell - I'd buy them

Dracula is hard enough, wouldn't obstructing sight lines to the ball make it even harder?

4 weeks later
#9208 1 year ago

Just linking this here in case anyone else has this issue where the right mist gate closes prematurely when the magnet is dragging the ball left to right. Turns out adding a capacitor to the fliptronics board fixes it. This problem came up so rarely that I didn't think much of it, until running the magnet test and seeing that it never loaded it on the right properly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bsd-mist-gates-issue

1 week later
#9243 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Nice apron overlay [quoted image]

Oh, I like that.

2 months later
#9370 1 year ago

Your brackets look too low to me

20220906_200049 (resized).jpg20220906_200049 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9520 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Light you seek. Light you get.
Purple wire with the green stripe goes on the lug with two other purple wires with green stripe.
Blue wire with brown stripe goes to the other lug all by it's lonesome.
LTG : )

Always amazed by you having the answers, Lloyd. Do you know this stuff off the top of your head?!

3 weeks later
#9600 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

What pinball machine do you regret selling the most and why is it Bram Stokers Dracula?

My whole approach to having pinball machines was to have them constantly rotating in and out. I don't think I can let Bram Stokers Dracula go though. Had people tell me I'd get bored with it because it's not deep, but man, I love how quick and difficult this one is. Still get a rush getting 30 million.

2 months later
#9900 1 year ago
Quoted from SDM0:

I have a Bram Stokers Dracula. I just noticed there were 6,801 made! I rarely see them for sale. Is that because everyone loves theirs and wont let it go? I have an Indianapolis 500 and I feel like I see it for sale just as much as Dracula and they only made 2,249. I have also seen just as many Indianapolis 500s on location as Dracula. I thought Indianapolis 500 was just as popular to play as Dracula. I have both machines and need to sell one. I love both but wonder if I should keep the more rare one. But Dracula is so good...

I got an Indy 500 for an extremely good price a couple years back, and used it for trade bait for Dracula. No regrets.

1 month later
#10040 1 year ago

The most insulting pinball moment is when you hit the mist multiball into the orbit and start the videomode, while the magnet grabs the other ball.

1 month later
#10151 11 months ago
Quoted from Zee:

That ball is arriving at that point with little to no speed. I would check the ball launch parts first.

The video was recorded in a slow-motion mode.

I agree with mollyspub, the habit trail mount can be adjusted.

4 weeks later
#10236 11 months ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I did a custom paint job on my BSD while waiting for my cliffy's. Also created a small window mod.[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great! Can't wait to see it installed.

1 month later
#10436 9 months ago
Quoted from Zee:

Which means they likely scanned in some promo art and used it to order and resell the metal prints. It probably will not have adequate resolution to be scanned in again and scaled up to backglass size. If we could get the source imagery in high res, there might be hope.

If you use Chrome, you can right click and image and reverse image search it. Here's a high res version https://www.themoviedb.org/t/p/original/wpznoW7wdbX0N1guRGST8hmeS70.jpg

3 months later
#10755 5 months ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

You must need glasses!

C'mon... What's the phrase, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

That's about as harmless as a mod gets. The next owner can easily swap it out if they prefer.

I think it would be cool if it had a matching playfield and plastic set.

1 week later
#10788 4 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Pf is back in the game, tried out the new translite. had the wireforms done in "dragons blood" powdercoat.
[quoted image]

Looks great!

2 weeks later
#10866 4 months ago
Quoted from CryptKeeperAUS:

Early days but working on a prototype coffin mod that is fully functional with the limited clearance BSD has. Just gauging if there is much interest in the group for another mod of this type..[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What do you mean by fully functional?

Looks cool so far!

1 month later
#10977 85 days ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

IMHO, lightnings are a must on BSD! The game loses it's one-more-time appeal if 30 MIIIILLLLLLLLLLIIIIOOOONNNNNNNN jackpots and 300+Million supers are every game (or even every 10 game) occurrences.
Lightnings, lanes wide open, and slings adjusted to fire if you so much as sneeze! Bring the pain!

I just rebuilt my slingshots and the game is playing nice and mean! Next up, rebuilding all the pops.

And yes, lightning flippers all the way. Does anyone have experience with the recent lightning flipper reproductions? I heard older ones were easy to break. I'd like to get some new, clean ones for mine if current repros hold up well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 84.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roffels.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bram-stokers-dracula-clubmembers-only?tu=roffels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.