IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 211.
#2951 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Still no word from my dealer, no email nothing... Next time, I buy from Tommy at Nitro.

Msg. me your address. Suzanne will send you one out from Nitro today.

#2952 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Has anyone installed a speaker light kit for the classic yet . I contacted Pinball Bulbs Co. and they didn't think theres would work on the remake . Might be a do it yourself project so just wondering if any of you guys have done it yet .

Our MMR version of speaker lights will fit afmr classic.

https://lermods.com/products/medieval-madness-remake-pinball-led-strip-rgb-speaker-light-kit

#2953 6 years ago

Giving a nod to Pinball Pro. They provided several emails regarding the status and shipment of PIC 2.0 chips. Very nice that they gave customers some piece of mind by emailing information.

#2954 6 years ago

Hemispheres in Hampshire IL has the 2.0's in as well, they are 12 miles from my house so I'll be swinging by once I'm back from my work trip to pick mine up.

#2955 6 years ago

Got mine today..

448B590B-B1C0-4167-8C20-301BDCAAB024.jpeg448B590B-B1C0-4167-8C20-301BDCAAB024.jpeg

#2956 6 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Strobe multiball must be played in absolut darkness

Agreed!! Only way to go!

#2957 6 years ago

Got confirmation mine shipped from PPS today

#2958 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Same.

#2959 6 years ago

My Pic2.0 went out to me today UPS! Will receive by end of week.

#2960 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Did you inquire or did they just email you this confirmation? I haven't heard anything from them.

#2961 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Did you inquire or did they just email you this confirmation? I haven't heard anything from them.

Did you buy your game from them ? Did you contact them ?

LTG : )

#2962 6 years ago

I have to start by apologizing for asking a question I am sure has been answered a million times already, but I have been pretty much off the board for a couple of months with a company relocation. I had an LE sitting in my warehouse for many weeks awaiting the move and we finally got to set it up.

Is there a specific thread that discusses the adjustments that need to be made to the shooter lane ramp so the ball doesn't hit? Or do I need to go through several hundred posts here to see what finally worked? I knew folks were seeing a problem, and it appears mine hits as well. Also, I am assuming by the last couple of pages that we need to switch out some chips? I got a package from my distro but haven't had a chance to open it yet. Thanks...just trying to catch up without having to work at it.....lol

#2963 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Is there a specific thread that discusses the adjustments that need to be made to the shooter lane ramp

PM me your email address and I'll email you back the ramp PDF, and info about the PIC 2.0 for your driver board.

#2964 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Was able to find them by googling "green translucent superbands", they are on Pinball Life like DngrWillRobinson said...thanks for the input guys:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3172
Last question then is are these a different feel from using Titan rubbers or are they identical? Dngr I know you said that the Titans made a world of difference in how the machine played and that you(like me)weren't very happy with the feel/trapping of the standard flipper rubbers. I was going to get Titan due to your opinion but they don't have this green translucent color that I like. If Superbands is an entirely other style of rubber then I'll just get a different color in the Titan.

I prefer the Titans, the superbands feel too firm and sort of dead to me if that makes sense. You might want to try both out, they’re not that expensive and super easy to change, then you can make up your mind.

#2965 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you buy your game from them ? Did you contact them ?

Yes and no I did not contact them. I suppose I need to.

#2966 6 years ago

I just joined the AFMR LE club today.... 305 is now in the house, out in the west of Brisbane!! First NIB pin for me,. and it was 1) very exciting and 2) very nerve racking. Getting the Topper connections all done was a little trickier than I thought, as the labelling wasn't as clear as I had expected. No matter though,.. under test it all works,.. game is adjusted to my low skills for high enjoyment factor. First day in and my bloody wife has already beaten me,.. she's more of a natural at this hobby. Now I have to read through the remaining 46 pages of this thread to catch up with all the minor issues and solution ie I have glass vibration, and the power to the topper motor seems to like popping enough to disable it every now and then. I now also have to wait for the flipper adjustment fix to arrive, and do that maintenance. Pic included is my new pin, alongside my Pinbot and BoP,.. which may now see a little less play until I get the desire for some more of that late 80's/early 90's pinball play.

IMG_0515 (resized).JPGIMG_0515 (resized).JPG

#2967 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

I just joined the AFMR LE club today.... 305 is now in the house, out in the west of Brisbane!! First NIB pin for me,. and it was 1) very exciting and 2) very nerve racking. Getting the Topper connections all done was a little trickier than I thought, as the labelling wasn't as clear as I had expected. No matter though,.. under test it all works,.. game is adjusted to my low skills for high enjoyment factor. First day in and my bloody wife has already beaten me,.. she's more of a natural at this hobby. Now I have to read through the remaining 46 pages of this thread to catch up with all the minor issues and solution ie I have glass vibration, and the power to the topper motor seems to like popping enough to disable it every now and then. I now also have to wait for the flipper adjustment fix to arrive, and do that maintenance. Pic included is my new pin, alongside my Pinbot and BoP,.. which may now see a little less play until I get the desire for some more of that late 80's/early 90's pinball play.

Congratulations and welcome to the club! Nice number the 305 by the way!

#2968 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Nope, nothing here either beyond April noting I was on her list...

When I talked to April last week they did not receive them yet.

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

When I talked to April last week they did not receive them yet.

My dealer, Little Shop of Games, told me yesterday that they have also not received the chips yet. Not sure what the hold up is.

#2970 6 years ago

Be sure to unplug the machine for a full power down of the pin and reboot...

4E3D3ECD-82FF-4BE4-B5A5-FB108D07544E.jpeg4E3D3ECD-82FF-4BE4-B5A5-FB108D07544E.jpeg

#2971 6 years ago

This might sound stupid but my jet bumpers don't work upon initial launch. You'll do the skill shot then will hit them without popping and dribble down. But after that any shot that puts it back up there they work just fine. I thought maybe it was suppose to be disabled for the first part but I guess not. Is there a setting for that?

#2972 6 years ago

Got my Pic2.0 by UPS today! Thanks Jerry at Player One!

#2973 6 years ago

Question, what do you all think is a fair price for a slightly used afmler is worth?. Tried the tspp., didnt resonate with me and afm was my second choice. Thanks for the input

#2974 6 years ago

Big thanks to CGC for addressing this issue head on, and to Larry at FlipNOut for keeping us informed, and shipping out the PIC super fast.
Installed it and at -4 it plays perfect and feels smooth.

#2975 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

This might sound stupid but my jet bumpers don't work upon initial launch. You'll do the skill shot then will hit them without popping and dribble down. But after that any shot that puts it back up there they work just fine. I thought maybe it was suppose to be disabled for the first part but I guess not. Is there a setting for that?

Hmm. That’s a head scratcher. I would open a ticket with CGC and see if they can help troubleshoot.

#2976 6 years ago

I received my 2.0 chip from Larry of Flip N Out Pinball on Saturday, January 27th. Installed it in a few minutes and am pleased with what I see so far. Thanks Larry!!

#2977 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

The pop bumpers on my LE we're not very lively and had a bit of the problem that you are describing. I adjusted the leaves switches on the three pop bumpers just a "hair" tighter and now they react much more as they should.

#2978 6 years ago

I did not unplug my game before installing chip,I guess my games is ok,I did not see that in the instructions

#2979 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I did not unplug my game before installing chip,I guess my games is ok,I did not see that in the instructions

I wouldn't unplug it. Just be damned sure it's turned off.

Plugged in and turned off helps ground things so you don't accidentally send static electricity into the game.

#2980 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wouldn't unplug it. Just be damned sure it's turned off.
Plugged in and turned off helps ground things so you don't accidentally send static electricity into the game.

Would the ground not just attract a spark to one of the chips even if it's grounded through the power supply?

I need to remember to use my static guard wrist band when I work on it, as I completely unplug mine when working on it...

#2981 6 years ago

Finally!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2982 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Would the ground not just attract a spark to one of the chips even if it's grounded through the power supply?
I need to remember to use my static guard wrist band when I work on it, as I completely unplug mine when working on it...

You won’t harm anything by having it unplugged. It’s just overkill.

#2983 6 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

I received my 2.0 chip from Larry of Flip N Out Pinball on Saturday, January 27th. Installed it in a few minutes and am pleased with what I see so far. Thanks Larry!!

When you start it back up does it have to load a new software or does it go right to attract mode. Mine went straight to attract mode.

#2984 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

When you start it back up does it have to load a new software or does it go right to attract mode.

The 2.0 PIC goes right to attract mode. It's on the driver board. Not a mini SD card update on the computer board.

#2985 6 years ago

After installing chip I’m still getting software version 1.0. What am I doing wrong here?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2986 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The 2.0 PIC goes right to attract mode. It's on the driver board. Not a mini SD card update on the computer board.

But should it least say 2.0 in service menu? See pic above

#2987 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

After installing chip I’m still getting software version 1.0. What am I doing wrong here?

You did nothing wrong. You changed an IC, you didn't do a software update.

You are good to go.

#2988 6 years ago

@ Lloyd

Do you know why CGC has put the driver board back in the backbox?

did they had problems with MMR ?

all others are going the way to less cables and de-centralized boards

greetings from austria

tom

#2989 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

@ Lloyd
all others are going the way to less cables and de-centralized boards
greetings from austria
tom

The other boards back there got lonely.

#2990 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

No idea.

Quoted from kapsreiter:

No that I know of. I liked having the three, interchangeable boards, in case you worked on it.

#2991 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

@ Lloyd

Decentralized driver boards under the playfield are a bad idea. See: Spike service bulletins to fix parts coming loose from vibration and killing node boards for a good example on multiple recent Stern machines in the real world.

Manufacturers:Leave the driver boards in the backbox, please.

#2992 6 years ago

When we install PIC 2.0, does this affect high score settings?

#2993 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

No.

#2994 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

As you turn the flippers down to -4, and you have less air balls, scores will probably go up

#2995 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

As you turn the flippers down to -4, and you have less air balls, scores will probably go up

Hahaha. I like the sound of that!

#2996 6 years ago

Does anyone know a distributor who still has the LE with the silver trim available?

#2997 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeForNostalgia:

Does anyone know a distributor who still has the LE with the silver trim available?

Available and in stock @ pinballs.com ... I'm assuming the website is updated.

Call and talk to Mike about pricing before you buy!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2998 6 years ago

I thought my metallic saucers were going to be metal... but realize metallic does not necessarily mean made of metal... are they supposed to be plastic?

#2999 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I thought my metallic saucers were going to be metal... but realize metallic does not necessarily mean made of metal... are they supposed to be plastic?

Yes. Like the original.

#3000 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Yes. Like the original.

ah, ok then, I like original

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, SC
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 210.00
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.