IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 211.
#3001 6 years ago

Thanks to Adam at P1 for getting this out to me pronto.

MVIMG_20180131_223604 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180131_223604 (resized).jpg

#3002 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks to Adam at P1 for getting this out to me pronto.

I have not had time to look at my package yet... Do I just power down, put on my wrist-static-band, pull the old Pic and push in the new one?

#3003 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I have not had time to look at my package yet... Do I just power down, put on my wrist-static-band, pull the old Pic and push in the new one?

Yes. That’s all there is to it.

#3004 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

push in the new one?

And be sure the notch on the IC matches the notch printed on the board. Don't trust labels.

LTG : )

#3005 6 years ago

what are the changes/ improvements version 2.0 compared to 1.0?

#3006 6 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

2.0 doesn't blow up your board under certain circumstances if you change the flipper power settings.

That's the main feature, and why CGC is handling this like like a recall where all owners can get the updated chip, instead of handling it like a CGC warranty issue where only the first owner can get the chip replaced for free.

#3007 6 years ago

Holy blinking spots in front my eyes BatMan,... the Wife and I managed to enjoy a couple of Strobe Multiball sessions while playing ourselves in to the rules of the game. Whoever dreamed that up is a maniac and a genius!!

#3008 6 years ago
Quoted from flipper73:

The flipper power settings actually work now. Not only is each negative integer a huge drop in power, it also won’t blow your board if you previously had it on -20.

Try -4 to start.

#3009 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Holy blinking spots in front my eyes BatMan,... the Wife and I managed to enjoy a couple of Strobe Multiball sessions while playing ourselves in to the rules of the game. Whoever dreamed that up is a maniac and a genius!!

I like Strobe MB too. And don’t forget in “Video Mode” that the Launch Button works as a bomb when you have many saucers landing ...

Also, fellas I would like to share with you that 2 days ago in Super Jets I hit 23 with just “1” single shot right there, has anybody hit more than that?

#3010 6 years ago

Pic 2 fitted, have to say the old pic was uncomfortably tight to get out, but once out pic 2 was very easy to fit.
I tried - 4 for flipper strength but have to say, flippers seemed a bit weak, I've got it at - 2 at the moment. Maybe I just need to get used to the reduced strength for a while. Thanks to Pinball Heaven in the UK and of course CGC for sending the fix out.

#3011 6 years ago
Quoted from jmagla:

Pic 2 fitted, have to say the old pic was uncomfortably tight to get out, but once out pic 2 was very easy to fit.
I tried - 4 for flipper strength but have to say, flippers seemed a bit weak, I've got it at - 2 at the moment. Maybe I just need to get used to the reduced strength for a while. Thanks to Pinball Heaven in the UK and of course CGC for sending the fix out.

Agree that -4 from default feels crazy different. I tried to compare my other WPC games and —4 felt consistent across my pins.

#3012 6 years ago

Just got the e-mail from Planetary Pinball. Pic is on its way.

#3013 6 years ago

Mine came today from gex. Got it installed and played a game or two to confirm I didn’t screw it up. Haven’t messed with any settings yet.

#3014 6 years ago

Don’t have mine yet, has anyone received theirs from pinballstar yet?

#3015 6 years ago

Anyone know if the Australian delivered AFMR-LE’s are meant to have coin mechs included ?
I have zippity doo da in that spot, whereas I’m reading the folks in the US had them included.
Doesn’t detract from having a great game, but if it should have one, I want it

#3016 6 years ago
Quoted from mrWol64:

Anyone know if the Australian delivered AFMR-LE’s are meant to have coin mechs included ?
I have zippity doo da in that spot, whereas I’m reading the folks in the US had them included.
Doesn’t detract from having a great game, but if it should have one, I want it

The LE's are supposed to come with coin mechs installed.

#3017 6 years ago

So after the pic 2.0 I’ve been having more problems it seems then before the new chip. Lot more balls dreading out on then left ramp and had like 3 balls not launch all the way up to the jets. Seems like it’s always something with this machine. Can never just function like it’s suppose to.

#3018 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

So after the pic 2.0 I’ve been having more problems it seems then before the new chip. Lot more balls dreading out on then left ramp and had like 3 balls not launch all the way up to the jets. Seems like it’s always something with this machine. Can never just function like it’s suppose to.

The Pic 2.0 had nothing to do with the launch issue from my understanding, have you performed CGC fix regarding bending the steel exit ramp from the shooter lane that seems to be resolving the launch problems?

#3019 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Similar here, its almost like everytime I switch it on it behaves differently even though its on the same settings, some games flippers are OK, others very strong. I've also had many balls go straight down the middle from the right (sol) popper, which is frustrating.
First game flippers very weak at - 4, then another time very strong so reduced to - 6, still have some air balls, not like before though.
Only settings I've changed are flippers, tried adjusting right popper but didn't help.
I'll give it time and see how others get on, have to say though it's much better than with pic 1.

#3020 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

only in the US - overseas dont.

#3021 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Dont think they did in the UK? Not on mine anyway..

#3022 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

The Pic 2.0 had nothing to do with the launch issue from my understanding, have you performed CGC fix regarding bending the steel exit ramp from the shooter lane that seems to be resolving the launch problems?

The PIC is not related to this. If you’re having ball launch issues, contact CGC for support.

#3023 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The PIC is not related to this. If you’re having ball launch issues, contact CGC for support.

Forgot the main thing it starting doing after the pic. When I start a game the ball don’t get put in the launch lane. It’s takes like 3 min for the ball to get out in launch lane and then launched. Never happened before this pic 2.0. The machine starts setting off everything like a ball is stuck in the playfield and finally it throws a ball in lane so I can launch. Frustrating!

#3024 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Forgot the main thing it starting doing after the pic. When I start a game the ball don’t get put in the launch lane. It’s takes like 3 min for the ball to get out in launch lane and then launched. Never happened before this pic 2.0. The machine starts setting off everything like a ball is stuck in the playfield and finally it throws a ball in lane so I can launch. Frustrating!

That is indeed an issue.
open a support ticket for sure with this issue.

#3025 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

It’s takes like 3 min for the ball to get out in launch lane and then launched.

Keeps kicking trying to get it out ? If so turn it stronger in the CGC menu.

#3026 6 years ago

Who says pinball is easy? Oh yeah, different thread, never mind.

#3027 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Keeps kicking trying to get it out ? If so turn it stronger in the CGC menu.

Also makes me think you may have a foreign object in your ball trough or a mis-adjusted switch.
Should not think balls are missing if all the switches are activated properly.
Of course Loyd is the expert so certainly try what he says first.
Hope you get it going again soon.

#3028 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

OK — let’s do some real honest to goodness troubleshooting. Put all of the settings in the CGC menu for coil strength back to default and put the 1.0 PIC back in. Does the problem persist? If so, has nothing to do with 2.0. If it does, than this is an interesting issue you’ll need to report to CGC. I’ve now installed this on 2 machines and not experienced this.

Marc

#3029 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

only in the US - overseas dont.

Thx folks,.. kinda thought that may be the case,.. but was worth asking the q,...

#3030 6 years ago

No.302 reporting for battle soldiers.
Absolutely love this pin, the sound is easily the best I've heard from a factory pin, topper is amazing and gameplay is fun and fast as I remember.

DSC_0121 (resized).JPGDSC_0121 (resized).JPG

#3031 6 years ago

Martian eye leds

hi, i already did the led mod for MMR

is there a link how you should connect the leds? resistors and to GI or solenoid?

thx
tom

#3032 6 years ago

PIC 2.0 came yesterday from PPS, will install today!

#3033 6 years ago

Mine came yesterday as well. The original chip was in very tight, but I had a bitch of a time getting the new one in. Dropped it twice into the cabinet. Which meant taking off the towel I put down for the transite, pulling off the glass and lifting the playfield. After dropping it the second time (idiot) I put a piece of cardboard down to catch it. And of course one or two pins got slightly bent, which are easy to straiten out.
The new chip works great for the flippers. Im at -4, but think I will go to -3. Best part, really limits the airballs.

#3034 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

PIC 2.0 came yesterday from PPS, will install today!

Me too & me too.

#3035 6 years ago

Mine came yesterday as well. Very happy with -4. No air balls and can easily hit every shot in the game.

#3036 6 years ago

Got my chip in the mail yesterday from Game Exchange.
I posted this in the CGG update thread already but since this thread get more use now I will re post.

Install went well but the rubber band used to hold the chip in the holder busted in shipping so some of the pins on the chip were a bit mangled.
Straightened them with a needle nose and installed it.
Seems to be working great so far.
Set flipper level to -4 like most have suggested and it plays like a dream now. No more airballs all over the place.

#3037 6 years ago

Still waiting for the PIC 2.0

#3038 6 years ago

I don't like the -4 flipper power. I like my games playing fast, and -4 just plays under powered to me.
Yes, I can make all the shots - but I want SPEED!

#3039 6 years ago

Got my chip today and installed it. I didn’t have any air balls on 1.0, but the flippers were very strong. On 2.0 default, flippers are noticeably softer, in a good way. I’ll play around with settings, but default feels good.

#3040 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Still waiting for the PIC 2.0

me too

#3041 6 years ago

anywhere else to get the green fluorescent plastic protectors from?

Cheers,
Neil.

#3042 6 years ago

Automated shipped my Pic 2.0 and it arrived today. Flippers set at -4 now after install and the game plays perfect now.

#3043 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anywhere else to get the green fluorescent plastic protectors from?
Cheers,
Neil.

Here you are mate,

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_11&products_id=636

#3044 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my chip today and installed it. I didn’t have any air balls on 1.0, but the flippers were very strong. On 2.0 default, flippers are noticeably softer, in a good way. I’ll play around with settings, but default feels good.

I thought the same thing. I went with -2 and it seems like the sweet spot.

#3045 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

No didn’t hear bout bending any ramp. Can’t even tell where to do it from playfield to get ball to go thru completely

#3046 6 years ago

Pic 2.0 installed from Automated today. Back to being better the restored original.

72884027-76B8-4ED8-8248-6F8216EB21E7 (resized).jpeg72884027-76B8-4ED8-8248-6F8216EB21E7 (resized).jpeg

#3047 6 years ago

Pic v2.0 arrived from Automated today! Off to install now.

Edit: Tried -4 as noted above, maybe a tad less snappy than I prefer, but I did get a very nice score (1st game in a few weeks), so maybe something to do with this setting.

#3048 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

No didn’t hear bout bending any ramp.

PM me your email address and I'll email you the pdf instructions.

#3049 6 years ago

Pic 2.0 installed from Automated today. Back to being better the restored original.

796F03AB-3B4B-40CF-974F-A7A79DBCE360 (resized).jpeg796F03AB-3B4B-40CF-974F-A7A79DBCE360 (resized).jpeg

#3050 6 years ago

This is a late October 2017 build under lights indoors. Look at the orange is faded white and the “grain” many are talking about is turning into planking. The plastics on the printing is cracking too. I have bought both nib LE remakes but no one can’t say something is going on here. My 20 plus year orginal still is very orange and not planking. We all crushed Stern on ghostbuster and Churchill (Chicago gaming) made the playfeild. The inks from the silkscreen must not have UV protectors in it as there is no fade anywhere else. Something going on would be good to hear from clear coat and playfeild restoration gurus.

11D2416D-08A9-46CC-8A52-20C9AF985E04 (resized).jpeg11D2416D-08A9-46CC-8A52-20C9AF985E04 (resized).jpeg
E7480F56-C909-4A33-8B6D-3107539FD81D (resized).jpegE7480F56-C909-4A33-8B6D-3107539FD81D (resized).jpeg
1F96C129-B944-4A2A-A1A0-CA53D79C558C (resized).jpeg1F96C129-B944-4A2A-A1A0-CA53D79C558C (resized).jpeg
368A4D2D-8EAA-421E-8F83-426B696531F4 (resized).jpeg368A4D2D-8EAA-421E-8F83-426B696531F4 (resized).jpeg
B571994B-485C-4DC0-BE6B-F8210D40E355 (resized).jpegB571994B-485C-4DC0-BE6B-F8210D40E355 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.