IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 211.
#3551 6 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

I'm having an issue where the ball is often not shot up to the pop bumpers. It hits something and comes back the pop bumper exit.

Please open a support ticket for this one. This is the described issue.

#3552 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i just ordered a LE
i am happy with my MMRLE
but sounds like a lot of quality problems on AFM LE ?!?!?

A bit of dialling in needed, same as the original. Not too many quality complaints I think. CGC are extremely responsive to issues. They looked after us and we blew our solenoid board around Christmas time and we live in Australia. We love ours so we ordered MMr as well.

#3553 6 years ago

don't have problems with some adjustments

but when i see this play fields

would not accept such a machine

but i hope the best

#3554 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Please open a support ticket for this one. This is the described issue.

I just did. Thanks.

#3555 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Anyone have a pic of the drain cliffy installed ?

I actually ended up getting two drain Cliffys. The purpose of this protector was to stop wear as the ball continuously rolled over the edge into the drain. But with the chipping issue, the bottom of my drain was starting to look terrible. Had to put one there too.

As a comparison, my original (at one point in its life routed) TOM has never had a protector, and the drain hole looks better!

#3556 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Maybe you will get a nice play field....

#3557 6 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Anyone have a pic of the drain cliffy installed ?

I don't have a pic of my AFMr drain hole protector, but here's one from an MMr (same placement). As Damien posted, he added an extra protector on the opposing side. Not a bad idea!

MM-Drain-vault002 (resized).jpgMM-Drain-vault002 (resized).jpg

#3558 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Maybe you will get a nice play field....

At 8K for a new machine, a "maybe" is all you are guaranteed.

#3559 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

At 8K for a new machine, a "maybe" is all you are guaranteed.

....And you will like it! Complaint Dept. 555-5555 Don't call us we will call you!

#3560 6 years ago

Need some help. This game has given me nothing but problems first of all since I’ve had it. Anybody know how to fix my problem. Sometimes when I hit the saucer hole it gives me a locked ball instead of destroying saucer. Tried stuff can’t get it to fix. So damn frustrating. Second I set my extra ball reward to 2 billion and it seems to always rest to either 1.7 billion or 1.5 billion extra ball on its own. Driving me mad. Sorry just so fed up with this machine already. On a better note I pick up my Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street Pinball Saturday

#3561 6 years ago

*reset

#3562 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Need some help. This game has given me nothing but problems first of all since I’ve had it. Anybody know how to fix my problem. Sometimes when I hit the saucer hole it gives me a locked ball instead of destroying saucer. Tried stuff can’t get it to fix. So damn frustrating. Second I set my extra ball reward to 2 billion and it seems to always rest to either 1.7 billion or 1.5 billion extra ball on its own. Driving me mad. Sorry just so fed up with this machine already. On a better note I pick up my Freddy Nightmare on Elm Street Pinball Saturday

Have you opened a ticket with CGC about your issues?

#3563 6 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Which plastic protector set did you end up going with? Also, what chores did you do aside from Cliffy's & Protectors?

shooter lane fixes, I didn't do the cliffies yet as its a bit of a job will do that next! I checked the saucer and SOL holes for damage and they were fine.

#3564 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I actually ended up getting two drain Cliffys. The purpose of this protector was to stop wear as the ball continuously rolled over the edge into the drain. But with the chipping issue, the bottom of my drain was starting to look terrible. Had to put one there too.
As a comparison, my original (at one point in its life routed) TOM has never had a protector, and the drain hole looks better!

how many plays do you have? I've played the game pretty hard and I'm just not having that chipping problem. (Nor on my MMR thats over two years old now).

#3565 6 years ago
Quoted from jmagla:

New to owning a pinball, so each small step is a learning curve. I've had and sorted the left popper, pic, and ramp issues, so far so good. I've bought a full set of Cliffys, installed the two easy ones, moving target and ball eject, got four left to do. There are instructions on the website for the mothership and sol, so will do these, even if a bit daunted.
I can't see any info however on the lock and drain hole cliffy's, just wondered if anyone who has fitted these has any photos or advice?

look at the key posts, there is a post earlier in the thread with a lot of pictures.

#3566 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i just ordered a LE
i am happy with my MMRLE
but sounds like a lot of quality problems on AFM LE ?!?!?

just the ball shooter lane, which after I followed the guide to fix the problem was solved.

#3567 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

look at the key posts, there is a post earlier in the thread with a lot of pictures.

Yes, but not with the drain or lock hole cliffys, (not that I could see) all others but not those two.

#3568 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

how many plays do you have? I've played the game pretty hard and I'm just not having that chipping problem. (Nor on my MMR thats over two years old now).

Chipping on my AFMR lock hole after less than 100 plays. Chipping on SOL, hole under UFO, and drain after less than 300 plays.

MMR seemed a bit more resilient. I'm at about 2300 plays now, and have chipping on every exposed edge of the game. All covered by Cliffys now, but the fact of the mater is, they're chipped.

I'm willing to put it to rest on my MMR, because I'm hoping the Cliffys will prevent any further damage. However, seeing an MMR the other day with a chip forming on a switch slot made shit scarier. If the chipping starts to happen on any part of the pf that is not an outer edge, we have a real problem.

With AFMR, I can't swallow the pill as easily consider how little play I've put on it.

I'm curious to know if your game has protectors on it. Also, what strength do you have your flippers at, and what angle is the game set on?

#3569 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Chipping on my AFMR lock hole after less than 100 plays. Chipping on SOL, hole under UFO, and drain after less than 300 plays.
MMR seemed a bit more resilient. I'm at about 2300 plays now, and have chipping on every exposed edge of the game. All covered by Cliffys now, but the fact of the mater is, they're chipped.
I'm willing to put it to rest on my MMR, because I'm hoping the Cliffys will prevent any further damage. However, seeing an MMR the other day with a chip forming on a switch slot made shit scarier. If the chipping starts to happen on any part of the pf that is not an outer edge, we have a real problem.
With AFMR, I can't swallow the pill as easily consider how little play I've put on it.
I'm curious to know if your game has protectors on it. Also, what strength do you have your flippers at, and what angle is the game set on?

My MMR I put protectors on after having it about a year, (well I had the protectors but was just too lazy to install them LOL) I reckon I must have been at about 1000 plays and I don't recall any chipping, not to say it isn't there it just didn't stand out for me, currently my MMR is tombstoned whilst I build a new pinball arcade room). Tonight I'll put the macro lens on my big camera and take some close ups of the AFMR playfield, not sure how many plays on AFMR but as its the only game I can play at the moment its getting a lot of play
If I was getting major chipping with low I would be upset also. (especially after having ghosting on ghostbusters!). I am getting dimples but having looked at this problem in depth after my batman had them I'm comfortable that this is normal if a bit ugly.

Neil.

Neil.

#3570 6 years ago
Quoted from jmagla:

Yes, but not with the drain or lock hole cliffys, (not that I could see) all others but not those two.

yes apologies you are right. Drain should be straight froward, take of the apron and loosen the trough to squeeze it in.

#3571 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

My MMR I put protectors on after having it about a year, (well I had the protectors but was just too lazy to install them LOL) I reckon I must have been at about 1000 plays and I don't recall any chipping, not to say it isn't there it just didn't stand out for me, currently my MMR is tombstoned whilst I build a new pinball arcade room). Tonight I'll put the macro lens on my big camera and take some close ups of the AFMR playfield, not sure how many plays on AFMR but as its the only game I can play at the moment its getting a lot of play
If I was getting major chipping with low I would be upset also. (especially after having ghosting on ghostbusters!). I am getting dimples but having looked at this problem in depth after my batman had them I'm comfortable that this is normal if a bit ugly.
Neil.
Neil.

In all honesty, I didn't look for or notice chipping on my MMR for a while, as I was just enjoying it way too much! But after reading a few things on the forum about chipping on these games, I decided to take a look, and was shocked to find out my game was taking such a pounding. Ordered Cliffys pretty much immediately.

With AFMR, I figured I could play a few games as I waited for the Cliffys to arrive in the mail. Sadly, the game started chipping a lot faster than MMR, or perhaps I was just hyper aware this time around.

Either way, it really sucks. I've reached out to CGC to see what we can do about it. In the interim, I'm enjoying my MMR, and will likely buy another playfield from Planetary, so one day when it gets beat up, I'll just swap them.

But for AFMR, the fact it chipped almost right out of the box, makes it much harder to accept.

#3572 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Anybody know how to fix my problem.

Go into Tests - Switch Edge - and hit the switch under the playfield on the metal subway behind the drop target, and the drop target switch, and left popper opto. Be sure they work and the correct switch reports on the screen.

LTG : )

#3573 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

likely buy another playfield from Planetary, so one day when it gets beat up, I'll just swap them.

This is a good idea! Just buy an extra pf so you change it out. You could send it over to Kruzman and have it done right! How much is a new pf? It definitely solves the chipping and grainy play field problems.

#3574 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Raise the playfield physically turn the switch body (behind the drop target assembly) a little so that the wire arm is a little higher.
Make sure it still clicks when you actuate it, you can hear it if its quiet in the room.
If the switch seems loose, tighten the tiny screws on the side a little until it firms up, but make sure the switch arm is as high as it will go and still click properly.

Generally you dont need any tools for this adjustment.

#3575 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Sorry just so fed up with this machine already.

Adjustments are a part of the hobby.
All pinball machines need to be tweaked and adjusted once they are setup.
See if a fellow pinsider is near you to help work out your settings. Im sure they will be happy to help out.
They generally work for beer or food.

#3576 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

They generally work for beer or food

BEER!

#3577 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Need some help. This game has given me nothing but problems first of all since I’ve had it. Anybody know how to fix my problem. Sometimes when I hit the saucer hole it gives me a locked ball instead of destroying saucer. Tried stuff can’t get it to fix. So damn frustrating.

I had the same issue. Lloyd is right, you need to look at the switch on the subway. I posted some pics of the offender in post 804 in this thread.

Hope this helps!

Also, For what it's worth, after a few hundred plays, my game has almost entirely settled down. I had a few gremlins at first, but they seem to have gotten bored and moved on. Hopefully this will happen for you as well.

#3578 6 years ago

Joined the club today. Really happy with my first NIB experience. Also really happy with my experience with Joe at @pinballstar. Will definitely do business with them again when I get my first NIB JJP machine.

IMG_1422 (resized).JPGIMG_1422 (resized).JPG

#3579 6 years ago
Quoted from Rackleye:

Joined the club today. Really happy with my first NIB experience. Also really happy with my experience with Joe at pinballstar. Will definitely do business with them again when I get my first NIB JJP machine.

Love the road show. What lights are you using in the backbox?

#3580 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Raise the playfield physically turn the switch body (behind the drop target assembly) a little so that the wire arm is a little higher.
Make sure it still clicks when you actuate it, you can hear it if its quiet in the room.
If the switch seems loose, tighten the tiny screws on the side a little until it firms up, but make sure the switch arm is as high as it will go and still click properly.
Generally you dont need any tools for this adjustment.

So new this this pinball word I still can’t fully understand how after reading your instructions. Anyway you have a pic of the switch? And I need to turn it? Up or down? Sorry for all questions still trying to get this pinball down. Thanks

#3581 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

I had the same issue. Lloyd is right, you need to look at the switch on the subway. I posted some pics of the offender in post 804 in this thread.
Hope this helps!
Also, For what it's worth, after a few hundred plays, my game has almost entirely settled down. I had a few gremlins at first, but they seem to have gotten bored and moved on. Hopefully this will happen for you as well.

Have both screws in though. What would I need to do now? Thanks

#3582 6 years ago

Also anybody have a problem with rattling coming from the glass when volume is up? So annoying makes me not want to even play the game. When I push down on glass it stops. Guessing the plastic seam it slides into isn’t tight anymore. Only took off maybe 4 times. Smh always something

#3583 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Also anybody have a problem with rattling coming from the glass when volume is up? So annoying makes me not want to even play the game. When I push down on glass it stops. Guessing the plastic seam it slides into isn’t tight anymore. Only took off maybe 4 times. Smh always something

Anti-rattle tape. Problem solved.

#3584 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It is goofy but I just reversed my glass and it doesn't rattle anymore.

#3585 6 years ago
Quoted from eagleeyemma:

Has anyone of you ever bought a new vehicle? I have and there were recalls and etc. It's expected and afm le had some problems but cgc was right on the ball. Totally pleased with cgc and the pin.

I agree I am very happy with CGC and their quick response to making it right. More I cannot ask.

#3586 6 years ago
Quoted from ibjeepin:

I agree I am very happy with CGC and their quick response to making it right. More I cannot ask.

If your problems are small, ( launch issue, plastics issue, solenoid board pic issue, topper issue, glass rattle,) CGC is very quick and responsive to resolve the issues according to the warranty agreement you purchased with your new game. If your problems are larger however, (degenerative play field issues like chipping, Grainy clear coat, color) CGC has been much slower to respond with mixed signals and resolutions. If they could just take this last step to resolve the more difficult issues then their brand would be superior IMHO to other manufacturers and their warranty programs and behaviors.

#3587 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mine rattled when it was off ! From the subs on my other pins.

#3588 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

....And you will like it! Complaint Dept. 555-5555 Don't call us we will call you!

Laughing at this one as that was good but true. Call it “artistic” differenes of work not a “mistake.” Hope my next JJP and Stern game the “screening artist” can replace the screening colors on the playfeild. Maybe instead of “green” the artist can use “red” instead on the screen product. Instead of “white” let’s use “brown.” It then can be unique like CGC. It will be like a surprise in the Cracker Jack box when you open your new game. Every game will be “artistically” unique on a possibly poorly prepped natural product or a really nice one. Just the luck of the draw! Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

#3589 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Just the luck of the draw! Surprise! Surprise! Surprise

I will be very excited to see MBr! I am really wanting this one and I know there a lot of others also that are eager for the new reveal. MB is my wife's favorite I already have the approval of the Boss! Just waiting to see how things pan out on the pf issues for the Green light. I am also very excited about CCr! Especially how they do the software and options! Maybe some cool video modes!

#3590 6 years ago

Can someone please help me find where to adjust the flipper strength? I have looked through the menus and sub menus with no luck.

#3591 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Can someone please help me find where to adjust the flipper strength? I have looked through the menus and sub menus with no luck.

It’s in the CGC menu. Hold the Escape door button for a few seconds to access it.

#3592 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It’s in the CGC menu. Hold the Escape door button for a few seconds to access it.

Thanks for the help. Easy to find if you know where to look.

#3593 6 years ago

So, I'm new to this community and wanted to share a couple of pics. I just received my first machine and am super excited -- a NIB AFMRLE! Thanks to @mschonbrun for all the advice, help, and pointing me in the right direction... and helping me to spend my $$$ Big shout out to and Suzanne @ Nitro Pinball, too!

Legs are on -- ugh! blurryLegs are on -- ugh! blurry

Getting ready to make connectionsGetting ready to make connections

Making sure it is Solenoid 2Making sure it is Solenoid 2

Connecting the topperConnecting the topper

My wife is loving it!My wife is loving it!

#3594 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

don't have problems with some adjustments
would not accept such a machine
but i hope the best

Issue is if you get one of those bad playfeilds you are on your own. Warranty is very discretionary. CGC warranty system is awesome on minor issues with quick shipping. Bigger items not so good.

#3595 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Issue is if you get one of their bad playfeilds you are on your own. Warranty is very discretionary. Simple things CGC are awesome with!

#3596 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Issue is if you get one of those bad playfeilds you are on your own. Warranty is very discretionary not in the owners court and Non transferable. CGC warranty computer ticket system is awesome on minor issues with lightening quick shipping. Major issues not so go good.

#3597 6 years ago
Quoted from misterD:

So, I'm new to this community and wanted to share a couple of pics. I just received my first machine and am super excited -- a NIB AFMRLE! Thanks to mschonbrun for all the advice, help, and pointing me in the right direction... and helping me to spend my $$$ Big shout out to and Suzanne @ Nitro Pinball, too!

Congratulations!

#3598 6 years ago

My game is out of service due to worries of further chipping. I need to find time to get all the Cliffys installed.

We should not be having to do this on a game with less than 400 plays.

I was looking at a LOTR pf last night with years of play on it, no protectors at all, and the game was nearly pristine.

CGC needs to do something about this.

#3599 6 years ago

Does anybody had any issues with play field wear in the shooter lane? See pics of mine, only have a couple hundred plays and game is less than 6 months old.

C93C20EB-964D-4E23-8A20-7E340914BFEC (resized).jpegC93C20EB-964D-4E23-8A20-7E340914BFEC (resized).jpeg

F666AF51-A0FC-41C0-94A6-BE6E6D9CE7C7 (resized).jpegF666AF51-A0FC-41C0-94A6-BE6E6D9CE7C7 (resized).jpeg

#3600 6 years ago
Quoted from chancegino:

Does anybody had any issues with play field wear in the shooter lane? See pics of mine, only have a couple hundred plays and game is less than 6 months old.

There is either something seriously wrong with the manufacturing, or you have way more than 200 plays. I can't imagine launching the ball 600 times caused all that damage.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, SC
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.